NBC Sports Gold question

G-man
Edited Date/Time 6/1/2019 5:05pm
So if I sign up tonight does this mean I will also get the Supercross coverage for 2020?

Haven't pulled the trigger I've heard mixed reviews on the coverage as far as picture quality, buffering and ease of use.

|
Solli2208
5/17/2019 11:28pm
G-man wrote:
So if I sign up tonight does this mean I will also get the Supercross coverage for 2020? Haven't pulled the trigger I've heard mixed reviews...
So if I sign up tonight does this mean I will also get the Supercross coverage for 2020?

Haven't pulled the trigger I've heard mixed reviews on the coverage as far as picture quality, buffering and ease of use.

No, you only get the Pro Motocross Pass. The Subscription is a 1-Year Deal where you are able to re-watch all the Motos and Highlights till May 1st 2020. As a German i bought the Pass the last couple years and can't complain at all. With a decent Internet Connection you get Full HD and almost no Buffering.
5/17/2019 11:47pm
G-man wrote:
So if I sign up tonight does this mean I will also get the Supercross coverage for 2020? Haven't pulled the trigger I've heard mixed reviews...

Solli2208 wrote:
No, you only get the Pro Motocross Pass. The Subscription is a 1-Year Deal where you are able to re-watch all the Motos and Highlights till...
No, you only get the Pro Motocross Pass. The Subscription is a 1-Year Deal where you are able to re-watch all the Motos and Highlights till May 1st 2020. As a German i bought the Pass the last couple years and can't complain at all. With a decent Internet Connection you get Full HD and almost no Buffering.
Yeah the gold pass for outdoors is legit good. Same here been renewing it last couple years and love it. Regularly rewatch Motos when I'm eating dinner, on train etc.
Motofinne
5/17/2019 11:52pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2019 11:53pm
Just bought it. It has always been solid on my end.

The only minus with the website in my opinion is that it's a pain in the ass for us outside USA to know exactly when the races start. The MXGP-TV website has the schedule connected with the device (PC, phone, whatever) that you are on and displays when the races start in your local time so you don't have to manually calculate when the races start.
G-man
5/18/2019 12:32am
Thanks guys that's what I needed to give me the extra nudge I'm in! Woohoo
Can't wait for tomorrow.

The Shop

5/18/2019 12:46am
I’m gutted I can’t get watch it, NBC sports app isn’t available to in the UK on the Apple TV & I there’s no cast option to stream from my phone. I’m not going down the route of using a VPN because why should I, NBC should’ve got the app verified by apple in the uk before selling it to the uk customers. Did they presume, we’re all on android?
shanhard
5/18/2019 12:50am
Motofinne wrote:
Just bought it. It has always been solid on my end. The only minus with the website in my opinion is that it's a pain in...

The only minus with the website in my opinion is that it's a pain in the ass for us outside USA to know exactly when the races start. The MXGP-TV website has the schedule connected with the device (PC, phone, whatever) that you are on and displays when the races start in your local time so you don't have to manually calculate when the races start.
Have you checked the NBC Sports Gold website? I am in Germany and the site shows me start times in my local time (CEST, which is probably the same for you in Finland?).

shanhard
5/18/2019 12:52am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2019 12:53am
I’m gutted I can’t get watch it, NBC sports app isn’t available to in the UK on the Apple TV & I there’s no cast option...
I’m gutted I can’t get watch it, NBC sports app isn’t available to in the UK on the Apple TV & I there’s no cast option to stream from my phone. I’m not going down the route of using a VPN because why should I, NBC should’ve got the app verified by apple in the uk before selling it to the uk customers. Did they presume, we’re all on android?
I cast from my iPhone to my TV using Chromecast. Chromecast was 40 bucks compared to $ridiculous for the Apple TV.
Motofinne
5/18/2019 12:53am
Motofinne wrote:
Just bought it. It has always been solid on my end. The only minus with the website in my opinion is that it's a pain in...

shanhard wrote:
Have you checked the NBC Sports Gold website? I am in Germany and the site shows me start times in my local time (CEST, which is...
Have you checked the NBC Sports Gold website? I am in Germany and the site shows me start times in my local time (CEST, which is probably the same for you in Finland?).

Yeah now i see it too, great!

I can't wait for the races! This SX season was very good but MX is difficult to beat.
5/18/2019 1:36am
I’m gutted I can’t get watch it, NBC sports app isn’t available to in the UK on the Apple TV & I there’s no cast option...
shanhard wrote:
I cast from my iPhone to my TV using Chromecast. Chromecast was 40 bucks compared to $ridiculous for the Apple TV.
I can mirror but not cast. There is no cast icon on my app for my phone like there is for mxgp, YouTube etc. Like I say I can mirror but I have to turn my phone sideways to get full screen.
shanhard
5/18/2019 1:46am
I can mirror but not cast. There is no cast icon on my app for my phone like there is for mxgp, YouTube etc. Like I...
I can mirror but not cast. There is no cast icon on my app for my phone like there is for mxgp, YouTube etc. Like I say I can mirror but I have to turn my phone sideways to get full screen.
This is why I am saying get yourself a Chromecast. It allows you to cast ANYTHING to your TV from your iPhone.
This icon appears on all videos when my phone detects the Chromecast on the wifi network (see attached photo from the NBC Sports Gold app):

5/18/2019 1:53am
I can mirror but not cast. There is no cast icon on my app for my phone like there is for mxgp, YouTube etc. Like I...
shanhard wrote:
This is why I am saying get yourself a Chromecast. It allows you to cast ANYTHING to your TV from your iPhone. This icon appears on...
This is why I am saying get yourself a Chromecast. It allows you to cast ANYTHING to your TV from your iPhone.
This icon appears on all videos when my phone detects the Chromecast on the wifi network (see attached photo from the NBC Sports Gold app):

That’s strange, so why will my apple box cast every other app but not this one? It’s like the app isn’t developed for Apple TV.

Anyone else have the same problem trying to stream from iPhone to Apple TV?
tvo314
5/18/2019 5:18am
You can always look for the motos to be posted on Dailymotion that same day.
logan_140
5/18/2019 5:33am
shanhard wrote:
This is why I am saying get yourself a Chromecast. It allows you to cast ANYTHING to your TV from your iPhone. This icon appears on...

I have an Apple TV and it’s the best thing ever. Has everything all on one device.
5/18/2019 5:39am
G-man wrote:
Thanks guys that's what I needed to give me the extra nudge I'm in! Woohoo
Can't wait for tomorrow.
In my opinion, you won't regret. This will be year 3 for me and I couldn't imagine being without it. It's the best thing that's ever happened to moto broadcasts.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
5/18/2019 5:47am
Does anybody remember when the moto replays are generally up?
I won't be home until after 450 moto 2, so I wanna watch them all when I get home, if they are uploaded today.
No chance I'm waiting until tomorrow to check the results Dizzy
HenryA
5/18/2019 5:51am
crusty_xx wrote:
Does anybody remember when the moto replays are generally up? I won't be home until after 450 moto 2, so I wanna watch them all when...
I won't be home until after 450 moto 2, so I wanna watch them all when I get home, if they are uploaded today.
Usually uploaded around 1 hour after the moto is done.
shanhard
5/18/2019 6:01am
logan_140 wrote:
I have an Apple TV and it’s the best thing ever. Has everything all on one device.
It doesn't have anything that my phone doesn't have. Wink
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
5/18/2019 6:33am
crusty_xx wrote:
Does anybody remember when the moto replays are generally up? I won't be home until after 450 moto 2, so I wanna watch them all when...
HenryA wrote:
Usually uploaded around 1 hour after the moto is done.
Perfect!
TXDirt
5/18/2019 7:23am
4K Amazon Fire Tv Stick is on sale at Amazon for $34. Get it. Download the NBC Sports app. Signup for MX package. Watch all 24 Motos live commercial free In HD. If you miss a race you can go watch the replay usually within an hour or less of the live broadcast.

It’s the greatest thing since sliced bread for watching the races. I’ve used it for the last 3 or 4 years and it’s been awesome. Great for SX too now.
mx617
5/18/2019 9:14am
My app is showing no content, but I see the motos listed on the website. Is that just me or are they going to show up when the show starts?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/18/2019 9:50am
mx617 wrote:
My app is showing no content, but I see the motos listed on the website. Is that just me or are they going to show up...
My app is showing no content, but I see the motos listed on the website. Is that just me or are they going to show up when the show starts?
Same here.

Drtbykr
5/18/2019 9:54am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2019 9:58am
Works a lot better than SX live for international viewers. And a lot less expensive.
Not a Langston or RC fan on the colour for either series.

I have issues.
5/18/2019 10:07am
mx617 wrote:
My app is showing no content, but I see the motos listed on the website. Is that just me or are they going to show up...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Same here. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/05/18/348270/s1200_Screenshot_20190518_124943_NBCSports_Gold.jpg[/img]
Same here.

Same here. I thought the Gold App was still going to work for international viewers including Canada?

Was great the last two years.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/18/2019 10:19am
mx617 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Same here. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/05/18/348270/s1200_Screenshot_20190518_124943_NBCSports_Gold.jpg[/img]
Same here.

Same here. I thought the Gold App was still going to work for international viewers including Canada?

Yeah, I'm not sure why there's no content on the app. Works on the computer though.

Going to uninstall it and reinstall it to see if that fixes it.
5/18/2019 10:19am
Mine says no content available now. First time I've ever had an issue with it.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
5/18/2019 10:22am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Same here.

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure why there's no content on the app. Works on the computer though. Going to uninstall it and reinstall it to see if...
Yeah, I'm not sure why there's no content on the app. Works on the computer though.

It didn't do shit. Stayed the same.

No content.
Drtbykr
5/18/2019 10:24am
It’s not happening for this Canadian. Shit
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
5/18/2019 10:25am
No content in the app here in Germany too.
jpmoney57
5/18/2019 10:25am
Anyone from the UK figured it out yet? My account is active but it wont seem to show up anything on the app?
5/18/2019 10:27am

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure why there's no content on the app. Works on the computer though. Going to uninstall it and reinstall it to see if...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
It didn't do shit. Stayed the same.

No content.
Same for me, confirmed I paid through auto renew... This is lame.

Post a reply to: NBC Sports Gold question

The Latest