NBC Sports Gold Survey

Related:
Create New Tag

5/7/2019 11:10 AM

Just a heads up... got an email requesting feedback about the app and overall program.

I went through the entire survey and it did take some time but a lot of the questions had to do with things that are common complaints here.

To me it was worth the time.

|

5/7/2019 11:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2019 11:13 AM

HOpe I get the survey. WTF can't I pause or rewind a live SX event on Roku.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

5/7/2019 11:44 AM

I did the survey too, they do ask questions (several) about what they can do to improve the "experience". Takes about 5-8 minutes to complete the survey.

I begged them to broadcast the 125cc races, and fix it so we can FF and rewind (like MXGP TV). I can FF and rewind when I am on my desktop, but not from mobile device or Firestick. And ditch RC...

|

5/7/2019 11:56 AM

I was able to pause, back up etc.

|

5/7/2019 11:56 AM

I included to do something with the commercial breaks. Have the camera pointed at a different team pit each week or Daniel/Will doing some interviews.

|

5/7/2019 11:58 AM

One suggestion I made was to have the camera showing SOMETHING during the commercial breaks... Pits, Announcer, something worth looking at...

I think the service is great but also mentioned to not price it out of line...

|

2019 KTM 350 XC-F
Daytona Dirt Riders (DDR)
Floridatrailriders.org (FTR)

5/7/2019 12:09 PM

I asked to point at Juliana during commercial breaks

|

5/7/2019 12:24 PM

I completed it, too, and gave similar feedback as the above. I also begged that they do a better job with directing the cameras, as it is all too often that we miss an important battle to watch someone cruising around by themselves.

|

5/7/2019 1:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2019 1:26 PM

NBC Sports will now realize that it might as well sell its own advertising to play during the down time. Thanks all.

|

Twitter: @ftemoto
Instagram: @mstusiak

5/7/2019 1:30 PM

Rewind...I want rewind. And stop showing me the NHL advertisement every time I have to open the app.

|

5/7/2019 1:32 PM

Can't wait for the posts of people complaining they tried to do the survey but it didn't work....

|

5/7/2019 1:35 PM

MXVet261 wrote:

Can't wait for the posts of people complaining they tried to do the survey but it didn't work....

That was good... lol...

|

5/7/2019 1:47 PM

Make the nbc sports app available in the uk would be nice.

|

5/7/2019 2:47 PM

Wasn't a fan of RC in the booth, I think splitting up booth time would be awesome.
For instance, RC 2 races, Blair 2 races, Wege 2 races, Matthes 2 races, even guys like Hannah, Baily, Smith, Ping, Would keep things really interesting with different personalities from race to race.
Drop the nascar guys and yes fill the dead time with anything, interviews from fans, riders, mechanics, bike bling, behind the scenes pits walk through.
I mean that's easy to do fill time.

|

5/7/2019 3:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2019 3:15 PM

SPODEBOY wrote:

When the racing was live? ...and with Roku?

I can pause/rewind live in a browser on PC/laptop....but not on TV with Roku

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

5/7/2019 3:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2019 3:17 PM

Well there's that.. wish it was just for the sx side of things.. I did clarify in the comments later on.. shot in the dark..

Overall this was an excellent package and the MX package has been awesome since it came out.

Photo

|

5/7/2019 3:34 PM

The Hd quality sucks.

|

"17"

5/7/2019 3:36 PM

I requested they show the 125 race as well. Would love to see MXGP and MotoGP on this service as well.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

5/7/2019 9:16 PM

I requested the 125 races and even added "Please!!!".
I also complained about their broken streams and the inability to rewind or fast forward, or for me to even watch the replays at all without it crashing.

|

5/7/2019 10:01 PM

Those that complain about the commentary consider that they do not distinguish between the night show and practice.

|

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

5/8/2019 5:17 AM

I told them broadcast the 125s, and to put the commercial camera by the starting gate. There’s always something going on by the gate. I also told them to watch MXGP-TV to see how it’s done.

|

Business link - www.bc-inspect.com

5/8/2019 5:59 AM

I told them that I am sure there needs to be some improvements somewhere, but I am very happy with this program. I plan to purchase it again.

|

5/8/2019 7:38 AM

moto9 wrote:

Wasn't a fan of RC in the booth, I think splitting up booth time would be awesome.
For instance, RC 2 races, Blair 2 races, ...more

I was actually surprisingly impressed with the NASCAR guys commentating, I thought they did a good job. Not saying they should do it all the time, but the integration with other sports athletes was cool

|

5/8/2019 1:50 PM

I ripped them for the piss poor video quality. I can stream Moto gp in 4k and supercross looked like 480. I mean on the final I was watching squares sometimes. It was bad. And bit h about no pause or rewind. I use 4k Apple TV. Told them about this site and how so many bitch about short comings and in this time and age no excuses for how bad it is.

|

5/8/2019 2:40 PM

SPODEBOY wrote:

Indian_Dunes_4ever wrote:

When the racing was live? ...and with Roku?

I can pause/rewind live in a browser on PC/laptop....but not on TV with Roku

...or on the mobile app. It's stupid. You should never offer a service with different experiences across multiple platforms. Either do it to all or do it to none. If not, you risk alienating a select portion of your customer base when they find out others are having a better viewing experience for the same price.

|

5/8/2019 2:44 PM

Did anyone else get commercials when using the app? It happened to me two races in a row. I mentioned that in my survey.

|

5/8/2019 2:55 PM

Ask for keyboard shortcuts for desktop, crazy that you cannot pause with the spacebar. Rewind and fast forward on apple tv.

|

5/8/2019 8:15 PM

Sounds like a great app

|

in a past life, I was myself

when opportunity knocked, it waited because I was busy

I gave my father a talking to

5/9/2019 2:52 AM

CR250Rider wrote:

Sounds like a great app

If it was 2009.

I had to escape / pause / restart so many times I assume NBC Gold fouled a plug.

|

5/9/2019 4:19 AM

FreshTopEnd wrote:

NBC Sports will now realize that it might as well sell its own advertising to play during the down time. Thanks all.

I certainly didn’t think we’d be staring at a stationary camera showing nothing when they advertised no commercial breaks. At least play some music or something. It is still better than watching the same commercials over and over.

|