NBC Sports Gold Offers Free Access to "Pro Motocross Pass"

Edited Date/Time 4/3/2020 8:15am
Your voices have been heard!

NBC Sports Gold Offers Free On-Demand Access to Pro Motocross Pass for Month of April

Watch Commercial-Free Viewing of Full Event Replays from 2017-2019 Seasons

NBC Sports Gold, the direct-to-consumer streaming service from NBC Sports, has announced it is providing FREE access to nine different sports passes, including the popular "Pro Motocross Pass," for a limited time through the month of April. With this access, viewers receive commercial-free and on-demand content, including full event replays and exclusive qualifying shows, from the 2017, 2018, and 2019 seasons of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing.

NBC Sports Gold can be accessed via the NBC Sports app, which is available in the United States through the Apple App Store (iOS), Apple TV (tvOS), Google Play (Android), Microsoft Store, PlayStation Store, Android TV, Amazon Fire (TV & Tablet), Amazon Echo Show, Roku, Chromecast, Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex and Smart TV.

Access can also be found at NBCSports.com/Gold.

Pro Motocross Pass

Duration: Through May 1
Available content includes:
- All races from the 2017, 2018, and 2019 seasons
- All qualifying shows from the 2017, 2018, and 2019 seasons
- Pro Motocross highlights

In addition to the "Pro Motocross Pass," NBC Sports Gold is also providing complementary access for a limited time to its "IndyCar Pass," "TrackPass," "Cycling Pass," "Snow Pass," "Rugby Pass," "Premier League Pass," "PGA Tour Live," "Premier Lacrosse League Pass," and "Track & Field Pass."

|
3/27/2020 11:50am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2020 11:50am
Nice!

Now the whiners who were complaining about not getting their full season pass worth surely can be happy now....right?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
3/27/2020 12:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/27/2020 12:03pm
Nice!

Now the whiners who were complaining about not getting their full season pass worth surely can be happy now....right?
No, because those of us that bought the pass already had that option. For the record, I couldn't care less about a refund.

I'm just glad NBCSN is doing this for everyone.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
3/27/2020 12:09pm Edited Date/Time 3/27/2020 12:11pm
Nice!

Let us guess how many times can you say whiners in one day....
mxracer816
Fantasy
2858th
3/29/2020 10:58am
So do you have to have the gold pass to access this free pass? I thought gold membership allowed this anyway?

The Shop

TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
3/29/2020 11:22am
mxracer816 wrote:
So do you have to have the gold pass to access this free pass? I thought gold membership allowed this anyway?
IIRC, I think you can buy MX and SX separately, but I could be wrong. Not sure why anybody would do that, but who knows. They are allowing access to the other sports, which is pretty cool. I'me a big Rugby fan, so I'll be watching some of that.

Regardless, I appreciate their effort. After all, these are people trying to keep a job and income just like everybody else. And yet they have nothing to show on TV. I feel for them and others a like. I'm fortunate that we're busy as can be at the moment and that I can do my job without having much if any contact with customers for a short time period (2-3 months).
davis224
Fantasy
165th
3/29/2020 11:49am
mxracer816 wrote:
I think they're offering a free trial. Download the app and watch for free.
TDeath21
3/29/2020 11:59am
Hopefully they also do something for those who already had the whole pass purchased.
8tensolutions
3/29/2020 1:09pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Hopefully they also do something for those who already had the whole pass purchased.
They will! You will get to watch the races when they return. What else would you suggest??
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
3/29/2020 1:34pm
I have the sx/mx pass and i can't see any replays on the app through my roku. anyone else?

I actually wanted to watch washougal last weekend and was surprised i couldn't watch anything even though i had the sx/mx pass for this season
Honda11
3/29/2020 1:44pm
soggy wrote:
I have the sx/mx pass and i can't see any replays on the app through my roku. anyone else? I actually wanted to watch washougal last...
I have the sx/mx pass and i can't see any replays on the app through my roku. anyone else?

I actually wanted to watch washougal last weekend and was surprised i couldn't watch anything even though i had the sx/mx pass for this season
same problem with my firestick. keeps saying nothing is available for pro motocross.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
3/29/2020 1:46pm
soggy wrote:
I have the sx/mx pass and i can't see any replays on the app through my roku. anyone else? I actually wanted to watch washougal last...

no problems if i watch on the laptop. just can't see any of the moto races from last few seasons.
3/29/2020 2:51pm
soggy wrote:

I can see replays of 2020 only on Roku.

However, on my PC and Laptop, I can see last years races....outdoors and SX.

3/29/2020 3:31pm
I'm still trying to get the 2017 series to work on my computer. All I get is "Initializing"....let me know if anyone else has any problems with this too
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
3/29/2020 9:28pm
mxwells216 wrote:
I'm still trying to get the 2017 series to work on my computer. All I get is "Initializing"....let me know if anyone else has any problems...
I'm still trying to get the 2017 series to work on my computer. All I get is "Initializing"....let me know if anyone else has any problems with this too
mine sat at that screen for a few minutes it eventually went.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
3/29/2020 9:29pm
soggy wrote:

I can see replays of 2020 only on Roku.

However, on my PC and Laptop, I can see last years races....outdoors and SX.

how are you accessing on your roku?
3/30/2020 8:32am
soggy wrote:
Same as always. The NBC sports app, replays, filter by sport. Another weird idiosyncrasy with Roku (on TV)...if the race is live, you are forced to watch live. You can't start from the beginning, but on a PC/Laptop, you can. I always watch later because I hate sitting thru the commercial breaks.
DF313
Fantasy
2455th
3/30/2020 8:37am
Anybody know how far back NBC has rights to moto and supercross? It would be cool if they unlocked all past races for the down time.
mtl
3/30/2020 8:39am
This is a smart business move. Lead generation for when it goes back to pay.

Also, cross pollination across different sports will increase future potential sales.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
3/30/2020 9:43am
soggy wrote:
Same as always. The NBC sports app, replays, filter by sport. Another weird idiosyncrasy with Roku (on TV)...if the race is live, you are forced to...
Same as always. The NBC sports app, replays, filter by sport. Another weird idiosyncrasy with Roku (on TV)...if the race is live, you are forced to watch live. You can't start from the beginning, but on a PC/Laptop, you can. I always watch later because I hate sitting thru the commercial breaks.
weird, i go into my filter by sports and no MX shows up Sad .

I've noticed that about the Roku as well, somewhat annoying. I use youtubetv for SX races though, I usually start the broadcast 45 minutes late so i can fast forward through all the bs. The timing usually works out perfect so I'm caught up on all the races and I get to the live broadcast right around when 250 mains start.
3/30/2020 9:55am
soggy wrote:
weird, i go into my filter by sports and no MX shows up :(. I've noticed that about the Roku as well, somewhat annoying. I use...
weird, i go into my filter by sports and no MX shows up Sad .

I've noticed that about the Roku as well, somewhat annoying. I use youtubetv for SX races though, I usually start the broadcast 45 minutes late so i can fast forward through all the bs. The timing usually works out perfect so I'm caught up on all the races and I get to the live broadcast right around when 250 mains start.
On Roku (TV), it's the same for me...there are no outdoors (2019) MX available....only 2020 SX an MEC from 2019.

I get everything outdoors MX from 2017 up on my PC/Laptop from NBC Gold website. NBC only started doing SX in 2019, so I only see 2019 thru 2020 SX on PC/Laptop NBC Gold website.

It is weird why the two access points are different....
daemon616
3/31/2020 7:11pm
What I don't like is that I pay for NBC Sports Gold for SX/MX. No races cause of corvin so I see their streaming classic NFL games, I get excited, ultimately can't watch because I don't have a TV provider. Sad face.
motoman617
3/31/2020 10:54pm
I have tried my Apple TV and Roku TV and the only replays I see are from SX 2020. I bought the Pro Moto and SX pass the last two seasons and none of the old races show up. I even got a email from them and did the Indycar free pass and there are no replays there either.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
4/1/2020 7:45am
motoman617 wrote:
I have tried my Apple TV and Roku TV and the only replays I see are from SX 2020. I bought the Pro Moto and SX...
I have tried my Apple TV and Roku TV and the only replays I see are from SX 2020. I bought the Pro Moto and SX pass the last two seasons and none of the old races show up. I even got a email from them and did the Indycar free pass and there are no replays there either.
yea for some reason its not on the app but i can access on my computer through the webpage.
motoman617
4/1/2020 6:55pm
I sent an email to the NBC Sports support address and explained what was going on. Will post back if I receive a reply.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
4/1/2020 8:14pm
Where is 2016!? Plus you used to be able to watch 2013 thru 15 for free for the longest time.... Now they are all gone.
keinz
4/2/2020 12:22am
Seriously NBC? Geoblocking is so fucking yesterday. What the purpose of it anyway?
Oh, sorry, I get it. We don't want any more customers.

Sincerely, your NBC

kkawboy14
4/2/2020 1:15am
So they are offering a free month.....and in that month of free service there isn’t actually any sports happening?

Genius!
motoman617
4/2/2020 9:39am
motoman617 wrote:
I sent an email to the NBC Sports support address and explained what was going on. Will post back if I receive a reply.
Here is the reply from NBC Sports
Jim,

Thank you for contacting our NBC Sports Support Team.

As the NBC Sports application undergoes recent updates the amount of storage on the application for connected devices is limited and therefore the amount of replays displayed is limited on connected devices. We are looking on to trying to get more replays displayed on connected devices for the future.

All replays are still available to access on mobile and web, and live content is still featured on connected devices. You may try to cast replays from your phone, tablet or desktop to your TV. ?

We apologize for any inconvenience accessing Sports Gold replays. If you need any additional assistance, please reach out.

Thank you for being a valued NBC Sports Gold customer.

Thanks,
Kelly
NBC Sports Support
motomike137
4/2/2020 2:27pm
motoman617 wrote:
motoman617 wrote:
Here is the reply from NBC Sports ********************************************* Jim, Thank you for contacting our NBC Sports Support Team. As the NBC Sports application undergoes recent updates...
Here is the reply from NBC Sports
Jim,

Thank you for contacting our NBC Sports Support Team.

As the NBC Sports application undergoes recent updates the amount of storage on the application for connected devices is limited and therefore the amount of replays displayed is limited on connected devices. We are looking on to trying to get more replays displayed on connected devices for the future.

All replays are still available to access on mobile and web, and live content is still featured on connected devices. You may try to cast replays from your phone, tablet or desktop to your TV. ?

We apologize for any inconvenience accessing Sports Gold replays. If you need any additional assistance, please reach out.

Thank you for being a valued NBC Sports Gold customer.

Thanks,
Kelly
NBC Sports Support
TX_187
4/3/2020 8:15am
Anyone having luck with this? I’m logged into the app, but I get a pop up message that says “login or visit NBC sports gold website” when I click on any of the motos.

Post a reply to: NBC Sports Gold Offers Free Access to "Pro Motocross Pass"

The Latest