NBC Sports Gold Issue

dkg
8/20/2017 11:56am
DD325 wrote:
Never an issue with NBC Sports app on my Roku. Plays perfect live on my tv. $50 well spent! Technical difficulties happen. You all like to...
Never an issue with NBC Sports app on my Roku. Plays perfect live on my tv. $50 well spent! Technical difficulties happen. You all like to get your panties in a bunch over everything.
Works great on Apple TV. I'll get it next year. Only request I'd make is that they let you stream 4 hours straight without having to go to 250 moto1, 450 moto 1, etc. I am worried I'll be sharing a room with BB4 in the thumb surgery ward. Cool
YamahaJT1
8/20/2017 5:10pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2017 5:12pm
The NBC Gold screw up did not show him whack 3 different riders on 3 successive laps ripping the inside of the right-hander at the hill bottom before the mechanic's area to reel in Baggett. Terrifying speed coupled with confidence.

I hope someone has private video of that. You had to be there... I am glad as F I was.
DPW
8/20/2017 5:29pm
dkg wrote:
Works great on Apple TV. I'll get it next year. Only request I'd make is that they let you stream 4 hours straight without having to...
Works great on Apple TV. I'll get it next year. Only request I'd make is that they let you stream 4 hours straight without having to go to 250 moto1, 450 moto 1, etc. I am worried I'll be sharing a room with BB4 in the thumb surgery ward. Cool
that's the way its been working for me and moving to the next moto automatically the past couple of races.

Apple TV

The Shop

YamahaJT1
8/20/2017 5:42pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2017 6:28pm
I have had zero issues with it and enjoy being able to tune in to watch moto at any time of the day with one easy...
I have had zero issues with it and enjoy being able to tune in to watch moto at any time of the day with one easy payment of $50.
Is the first 10-12 minutes of yesterday's Budds Creek 450 Moto 2 available for replay on the Gold? Let me check again....

EDIT: Nope, the pro NBC coverage is not there... Tomac was really good, I saw it, but cannot watch "every minute of every Moto"

It starts with Eli on #4's arse... Gee Golly, what did Eli do to get there? I like REPLAYS.

Love the Gold, but feeling a tad cheated since I cannot revisit what I saw in person.

EDIT: Starts with Baguette on Bogle's arse. Had to really wait until the "Coverage will Resume Shortly" ended... Patience Kwai Chang... The damned material just isn't there.

Gold is still a great package, but I am unable to revisit what I thought was some of the best racing I have seen in years.
Sully
8/20/2017 5:48pm
skypig wrote:
You are using a VPN I assume?
Mine works ok. (In OZ)
MCfan4life wrote:
Yep I'm using a VPN. It won't play on my Mac using Safari or Chrome but will play on my PC (but for some reason the...
Yep I'm using a VPN.

It won't play on my Mac using Safari or Chrome but will play on my PC (but for some reason the quality is really bad).

This is all I get on my Mac...

JRCII wrote:
I'm another Mac user with the same problem, first two races were great and then just the spinner. Had many emails with NBC Sports Gold tech...
I'm another Mac user with the same problem, first two races were great and then just the spinner. Had many emails with NBC Sports Gold tech support and no resolve to the problem, all software up to date, wired and wireless, safari and chrome, nothing worked.
I have the same issue on my PC laptop, so I just downloaded the app on my iPhone 5s and stream it through Chromecast to my TV. The only problem I've had is my Internet connection dropping it from HD to really low quality. Other than that, it works like a champ
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
8/20/2017 6:38pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2017 6:40pm
An NBC Gold press release stated that 95% of the issues have been traced back to being a PEBKAC problem.
YamahaJT1
8/20/2017 6:43pm
kzizok wrote:
An NBC Gold press release stated that 95% of the issues have been traced back to being a PEBKAC problem.
LOL...

8/20/2017 6:47pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2017 6:51pm
MCfan4life wrote:
Mine has never worked after the first round that I downloaded the app. I've re-installed Flash Player, refreshed my browser more times than I can remember...
Mine has never worked after the first round that I downloaded the app.

I've re-installed Flash Player, refreshed my browser more times than I can remember, logged in and logged out several times and nothing works. All I get is the white wheel spinning round and round. Waste of money and super frustrating...
I am on a Mac and it will not work with Safari but does work with Chrome for me. It was seriously pissing me off until I found that out, and now it's been great to me. I hope this helps someone, although it sounds like it's not a universal fix.
8/20/2017 8:11pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2017 8:22pm
kzizok wrote:
I was betting on a cabling issue resulting from an ID-10T error. Once they plugged it back in the issue resolved itself. Morans.Angry
8/21/2017 1:20am
Wasn't really sure where to ask this but figured this was as good a place as any.

Does anyone know what happened with the first ten or so minutes of the second 450 moto. Obviously I know they had satellite issues which prevented it from being shown live which is fine, things happen I get it, but surely they have the recording of it all and could put it in the replay for those of us who paid for the live coverage to go back and watch?

I don't mean to complain or anything as it's not the end of the world but it's a little irritating because there is usually a decent amount of action in the beginning of the race.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
8/21/2017 6:42am
450 moto 2 first half didnt work for anyone but outside of that my experience has been great. I usually watch on my Fire TV or iPad. I watched the first motos this weekend on my phone while at a track riding.
YamahaJT1
8/21/2017 7:09am
Wasn't really sure where to ask this but figured this was as good a place as any. Does anyone know what happened with the first ten...
Wasn't really sure where to ask this but figured this was as good a place as any.

Does anyone know what happened with the first ten or so minutes of the second 450 moto. Obviously I know they had satellite issues which prevented it from being shown live which is fine, things happen I get it, but surely they have the recording of it all and could put it in the replay for those of us who paid for the live coverage to go back and watch?

I don't mean to complain or anything as it's not the end of the world but it's a little irritating because there is usually a decent amount of action in the beginning of the race.
Those first 10-12 minutes of 450 Moto 2 were an awesome display of Tomac.

I was at the race.

The NBC Gold screw up did not show him whack 3 different riders (Peick, Seely, Bogle in order, IIRC) on 3 successive laps ripping the inside of the right-hander at the hill bottom before the mechanic's area to reel in Baggett. Terrifying speed coupled with confidence.
Ted722
8/21/2017 7:16am
kzizok wrote:
I was betting on a cabling issue resulting from an ID-10T error. Once they plugged it back in the issue resolved itself. Morans.Angry
Damn, I missed it....

Post a reply to: NBC Sports Gold Issue

The Latest