NBC Sports Gold: How do I get it on the TV?

rancor19
Edited Date/Time 6/4/2017 10:56am
Hurry! What do I need for that? Silly

I paid for it and am getting it on my notebook but I want the big screen. Is there an ap?

Thanks Cool
|
SKlein
5/20/2017 2:24pm
rancor19 wrote:
Hurry! What do I need for that? :silly: I paid for it and am getting it on my notebook but I want the big screen. Is...
Hurry! What do I need for that? Silly

I paid for it and am getting it on my notebook but I want the big screen. Is there an ap?

Thanks Cool
Check the other 13-25 threads created this morning. You'll find some useful info there.
MXD
5/20/2017 2:27pm
Do you have an HDMI out on your notebook? If not, what do you have for a phone?
Bruce372
5/20/2017 2:47pm
Or down load the nbc sports gold app if it's a smart tv.
Or Chromecast
rancor19
5/20/2017 2:59pm
MXD wrote:
Do you have an HDMI out on your notebook? If not, what do you have for a phone?
I believe so but I don't have a cable. Phone is android.

The Shop

DPR250R
5/20/2017 3:00pm
Besides the configurations mentioned... iPhone Airplay to Apple TV. The new Apple TV may be able to download the Gold App. I have Apple TV 2.
rancor19
5/20/2017 3:02pm
Bruce372 wrote:
Or Chromecast
It's a smart TV but I don't see the NBC sports gold ap available for download. Or Chromecast...wtf
rancor19
5/20/2017 3:04pm
Looks like I'll have to get a cable and do this for next weekend.

Thanks.
5/20/2017 3:48pm
Bruce372 wrote:
Or Chromecast
I am casting thru chromecast from my iPhone from NBC gold app it is blurry it hurts my eyes WTF any help would be greatly appreciated
TXDirt
5/20/2017 4:03pm
Get an Amazon Fire Tv box. Download NBC Sports Gold app. Problem solved.
5/20/2017 4:08pm
The normal NBC sports app is available on many Smart TV platforms but the Gold app is not widely available.

We pay for cable and I was set to watch live on our Samsung tv using the normal NBCSN app for practice and first moto's as MAV is not HD so we always use the normal NBCSN app for practice and first moto's directly on our tv and watch the second moto's live or DVR'd on the NBCSN channel or if not home or the NBCSN channel delays second moto's we'd watch them via the NBCSN normal app signing In with our cable subscription/).

It is lame the Gold app isn't widely and that those of us paying for cable cannot sign in to see practice or anything but highlights now that the normal NBCSN app doesn't show anything but highlights.

Having the Gold option for those cord cutter hipster millennials is nice but why screw over those paying for NBCSN and MAV via cable and take away the on demand and streaming for paying cable customers?

Also I don't see forcing everyone to get the gold app and pay for a package as helping the sport attract new viewers as only due yards that don't have cable or are in another country will be willing to pay for a Gold subscription. How are they going to attract new fans when u must pay up front and limit the viewing options online to a specific Gold subscription?

The Gold option is great for those without cable but that's it as it is alienating others which has to be had for advertising right? Myself and many others can't see ads during practice and without first moto's in HD since I cannot sign in and use the NBCSN normal app on my TV, we skipped first motos as an example and will watch second moto's soon on the DVR .

I may get the Gold subscription but I'd also have to buy a Chromecast since the Gold app isn't available on our Samsung TV like the normal app.
TXDirt
5/20/2017 4:56pm
The normal NBC sports app is available on many Smart TV platforms but the Gold app is not widely available. We pay for cable and I...
The normal NBC sports app is available on many Smart TV platforms but the Gold app is not widely available.

We pay for cable and I was set to watch live on our Samsung tv using the normal NBCSN app for practice and first moto's as MAV is not HD so we always use the normal NBCSN app for practice and first moto's directly on our tv and watch the second moto's live or DVR'd on the NBCSN channel or if not home or the NBCSN channel delays second moto's we'd watch them via the NBCSN normal app signing In with our cable subscription/).

It is lame the Gold app isn't widely and that those of us paying for cable cannot sign in to see practice or anything but highlights now that the normal NBCSN app doesn't show anything but highlights.

Having the Gold option for those cord cutter hipster millennials is nice but why screw over those paying for NBCSN and MAV via cable and take away the on demand and streaming for paying cable customers?

Also I don't see forcing everyone to get the gold app and pay for a package as helping the sport attract new viewers as only due yards that don't have cable or are in another country will be willing to pay for a Gold subscription. How are they going to attract new fans when u must pay up front and limit the viewing options online to a specific Gold subscription?

The Gold option is great for those without cable but that's it as it is alienating others which has to be had for advertising right? Myself and many others can't see ads during practice and without first moto's in HD since I cannot sign in and use the NBCSN normal app on my TV, we skipped first motos as an example and will watch second moto's soon on the DVR .

I may get the Gold subscription but I'd also have to buy a Chromecast since the Gold app isn't available on our Samsung TV like the normal app.
Get an Amazon Fire Tv box. Cancel your cable tv. Sign up for PlayStation VUE. Download the VUE app and the Nbc Sports Gold app.

There I just saved you money. You're welcome.
DPW
5/20/2017 5:12pm
Apple TV is easy if you are using Apple products
same what I used, work great all day
Hut
5/20/2017 5:47pm
I have an apple tv that is a few years old with hdmi output, will that work good?

If anyone would be so kind to discuss the matter; I would really like to know what will work best for use on a Samsung 8 series 65 inch SUHD Smart TV?
Firestick, firebox, mi box, chromecast, appletv (old one or get a new one?) etc...

I have no clue about these options but MAV on Directv sucks ass!
TXDirt
5/20/2017 5:52pm
Hut wrote:
I have an apple tv that is a few years old with hdmi output, will that work good? If anyone would be so kind to discuss...
I have an apple tv that is a few years old with hdmi output, will that work good?

If anyone would be so kind to discuss the matter; I would really like to know what will work best for use on a Samsung 8 series 65 inch SUHD Smart TV?
Firestick, firebox, mi box, chromecast, appletv (old one or get a new one?) etc...

Get an Amazon Fire Tv box. Not the stick. I've tried them all. I have 70" Samsung smart tvs in all our rooms.
Hut
5/20/2017 6:13pm
Hut wrote:
I have an apple tv that is a few years old with hdmi output, will that work good? If anyone would be so kind to discuss...

TXDirt wrote:
Get an Amazon Fire Tv box. Not the stick. I've tried them all. I have 70" Samsung smart tvs in all our rooms.
This thing?

TXDirt
5/20/2017 6:15pm
Hut wrote:

TXDirt wrote:
Hut wrote:
This thing? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/05/20/196935/s1200_firebox.jpg[/img]
This thing?

Yes. That's what you want. I have one at every TV.
Hut
5/20/2017 6:16pm
TXDirt wrote:
Ok I am ordering it now I will let ya know how it works out next week hopefully, thank you!
Hut
5/20/2017 6:18pm
Do I need a memory card with it? 32GB?
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
5/20/2017 6:19pm
TXDirt wrote:
Get an Amazon Fire Tv box. Cancel your cable tv. Sign up for PlayStation VUE. Download the VUE app and the Nbc Sports Gold app. There...
Get an Amazon Fire Tv box. Cancel your cable tv. Sign up for PlayStation VUE. Download the VUE app and the Nbc Sports Gold app.

I dont know how this has been so hard to understand. Maybe everyone is in such a constant state of flux.
TXDirt
5/20/2017 6:19pm
TXDirt wrote:
Hut wrote:
Ok I am ordering it now I will let ya know how it works out next week hopefully, thank you!
Yup any questions just let me know. I've spent many many hours on this shit. Have a pretty killer setup now. Order an HDMI cable if you need one. Don't think one comes with it. Are you going to run it wireless or ethernet cable?
Hut
5/20/2017 6:25pm
TXDirt wrote:
Get an Amazon Fire Tv box. Cancel your cable tv. Sign up for PlayStation VUE. Download the VUE app and the Nbc Sports Gold app. There...

kzizok wrote:
I dont know how this has been so hard to understand. Maybe everyone is in such a constant state of flux.
It's overload! I have been driving to our vet and back all day and trying to keep up but there is about 10 different things on here about streaming the gold at once....lol
TXDirt
5/20/2017 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 5/20/2017 6:27pm
TXDirt wrote:

kzizok wrote:
Well cord cutting is a bit of trial and error at first too. Lots of people still use cable. It's only been in the last year really we have had more options like sling, PlayStation Vue etc. atleast anything remotely reliable.

I have tried literally every streaming device and have a couple thousand dollars invested in my setup.

I have a QNAP network storage device. It's about 24TB. I spent about two years copying my entire DVD collection to MP4. Its around 1200 movies.

So I have Samsung Tvs in all rooms. I have Amazon Fire Tv boxes in all rooms directly connected to eathernet. I sideloaded Kodi onto all boxes and use this as the front end to my movies, music, and photos. I use the NBC Sports Gold app for MX. I use PlayStation VUE for all my live tv. These are just apps I downloaded from Amazon store like Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Not gonna lie, I have a pretty dope setup including access to all my movies.

But it didn't just happen on day one. Have tried every streaming device imaginable. After all the money spent, all the testing etc the Amazon Fire Tv box is the best.

Sorry for long post.
5/20/2017 6:26pm
TXDirt,

Can you mount those fire TV Boxes on the wall behind the TV and still have the remote work? I mounted an apple TV on the wall behind one of my TVs near the top and my remote still works, I think it bounces off the ceiling. Let me know as I'm in the process of mounting several new TVs as well and want to do this right. I'm hoping I can mount the Box on the wall behind the TV to hide it.
Hut
5/20/2017 6:27pm
TXDirt wrote:
Yup any questions just let me know. I've spent many many hours on this shit. Have a pretty killer setup now. Order an HDMI cable if...
Yup any questions just let me know. I've spent many many hours on this shit. Have a pretty killer setup now. Order an HDMI cable if you need one. Don't think one comes with it. Are you going to run it wireless or ethernet cable?
I will order a new hdmi cable, it will be Wireless
5/20/2017 6:30pm
TXDirt wrote:

kzizok wrote:
Hut wrote:
It's overload! I have been driving to our vet and back all day and trying to keep up but there is about 10 different things on...
It's overload! I have been driving to our vet and back all day and trying to keep up but there is about 10 different things on here about streaming the gold at once....lol
Hut,

To confuse you even more, if you have an older Apple TV 2 it can be "jailbroken" and Kodi can be installed along with several other apps. This will allow you to watch a ton of content. There are probably guys in your area that will install this for $40 from Craiglist (this is all they do for side money). If you try this, you'll have everything at your fingertips. Smile
TXDirt
5/20/2017 6:32pm
TXDirt wrote:
Yup any questions just let me know. I've spent many many hours on this shit. Have a pretty killer setup now. Order an HDMI cable if...
Hut wrote:
I will order a new hdmi cable, it will be Wireless
Cool. Obviously wired is always best. Just be sure to have a good wifi signal. How old is your wifi router? How many antennas does it have. No you do not need the extra memory card right now.
TXDirt
5/20/2017 6:33pm
kzizok wrote:
Hut wrote:
It's overload! I have been driving to our vet and back all day and trying to keep up but there is about 10 different things on...
Hut, To confuse you even more, if you have an older Apple TV 2 it can be "jailbroken" and Kodi can be installed along with several...
Hut,

To confuse you even more, if you have an older Apple TV 2 it can be "jailbroken" and Kodi can be installed along with several other apps. This will allow you to watch a ton of content. There are probably guys in your area that will install this for $40 from Craiglist (this is all they do for side money). If you try this, you'll have everything at your fingertips. Smile
I can install it for free for you remotely. Takes only a few minutes. I have Kodi side loaded on all my Fire TV's.

Let's get Hut walking before he runs!
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
5/20/2017 6:34pm Edited Date/Time 5/20/2017 6:36pm
TXDirt wrote:

kzizok wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Well cord cutting is a bit of trial and error at first too. Lots of people still use cable. It's only been in the last year...
Well cord cutting is a bit of trial and error at first too. Lots of people still use cable. It's only been in the last year really we have had more options like sling, PlayStation Vue etc. atleast anything remotely reliable.

I have tried literally every streaming device and have a couple thousand dollars invested in my setup.

I have a QNAP network storage device. It's about 24TB. I spent about two years copying my entire DVD collection to MP4. Its around 1200 movies.

So I have Samsung Tvs in all rooms. I have Amazon Fire Tv boxes in all rooms directly connected to eathernet. I sideloaded Kodi onto all boxes and use this as the front end to my movies, music, and photos. I use the NBC Sports Gold app for MX. I use PlayStation VUE for all my live tv. These are just apps I downloaded from Amazon store like Netflix, Hulu, etc.

Not gonna lie, I have a pretty dope setup including access to all my movies.

But it didn't just happen on day one. Have tried every streaming device imaginable. After all the money spent, all the testing etc the Amazon Fire Tv box is the best.

Sorry for long post.
Yeah, you're right. It can be overwhelming at first. Ive just kept mine simple. VUE for TV and chromecast. I like the chromecast because it is just so simple.

Get to watch almost anything, and save $2500 a year on cable bills.

Post a reply to: NBC Sports Gold: How do I get it on the TV?

The Latest