NBC Scoring Updates

RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
6/3/2019 10:44am
I don't think we have complained about this enough, so I want to complain some more.

How is the scoring so bad? Why does the scoring screen just disappear from the screen at times? Why do they insist on showing "fastest lap time" so much? How do they get riders so wrong on their positions early in the races? Why don't they have more transponder readers on the track to get more updates?

And the big one: How did scoring list Challen Tennant as a "DNS" and in 27th place for all of moto 2 despite the fact that he wasn't even in the race?
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
6/3/2019 10:49am
RichieW13 wrote:
I don't think we have complained about this enough, so I want to complain some more. How is the scoring so bad? Why does the scoring...
I don't think we have complained about this enough, so I want to complain some more.

How is the scoring so bad? Why does the scoring screen just disappear from the screen at times? Why do they insist on showing "fastest lap time" so much? How do they get riders so wrong on their positions early in the races? Why don't they have more transponder readers on the track to get more updates?

And the big one: How did scoring list Challen Tennant as a "DNS" and in 27th place for all of moto 2 despite the fact that he wasn't even in the race?
For the first lap scoring, I believe that is from the parade lap.
jeffro503
6/3/2019 10:50am
I agree , it's been pretty bad. It goes from working perfect , to being all messed up within seconds , then back to normal. I don't remember ever seeing it happen this much. Some mud races seem to make it act up ( water and electronics ) , but it's been happening even on the good weather days for some reason.
h4ck.b0x7
6/3/2019 11:31am
RichieW13 wrote:
I don't think we have complained about this enough, so I want to complain some more. How is the scoring so bad? Why does the scoring...

This blows my mind. Why are rider's positions only updated at the completion of a lap most of the time?!?

My biggest pet peeve is the lack of showing time gaps. I don't care about a rider's fastest lap nearly as much as I care about how far behind P2 and P3 are from P1
KDXGarage
6/3/2019 11:32am
I just assumed the scoring chart was a heavy drinker.

It's horrible. I expect better.

The Shop

RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
6/3/2019 11:34am
RichieW13 wrote:

h4ck.b0x7 wrote:
This blows my mind. Why are rider's positions only updated at the completion of a lap most of the time?!? My biggest pet peeve is the...
This blows my mind. Why are rider's positions only updated at the completion of a lap most of the time?!?

My biggest pet peeve is the lack of showing time gaps. I don't care about a rider's fastest lap nearly as much as I care about how far behind P2 and P3 are from P1
I don't think I've ever wanted to see "last lap" or "fastest lap". That's just unnecessary information.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2561st
6/3/2019 11:34am
3 weeks in a row with this horrible timing and scoring. I say if they dont get it fixed by next week, we bring the pitchforks and torches to Fl.
h4ck.b0x7
6/3/2019 11:36am
RichieW13 wrote:

h4ck.b0x7 wrote:
This blows my mind. Why are rider's positions only updated at the completion of a lap most of the time?!? My biggest pet peeve is the...

RichieW13 wrote:
I don't think I've ever wanted to see "last lap" or "fastest lap". That's just unnecessary information.
It's useful in Qualifying.

Another thing I've noticed is riders listed twice in different positions like 23rd and 27th.
One rider has their gap listed in minutes...eg. 32:25.724, WTF is that?!?!
RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
6/3/2019 11:50am
I'm so perplexed, that I have to reiterate this one:

How did scoring list Challen Tennant as a "DNS" and in 27th place for all of moto 2 despite the fact that he wasn't even in the race?

I can understand it if he was still in the computer system and showing up in 40th place. But how does he show up in 27th? And sometimes his gap said "0:00" and other times it said "DNS". But he was always in 27th. How does that happen!?!?
jeffro503
6/3/2019 12:51pm
h4ck.b0x7 wrote:

RichieW13 wrote:
h4ck.b0x7 wrote:
It's useful in Qualifying. Another thing I've noticed is riders listed twice in different positions like 23rd and 27th. One rider has their gap listed in...
It's useful in Qualifying.

Another thing I've noticed is riders listed twice in different positions like 23rd and 27th.
One rider has their gap listed in minutes...eg. 32:25.724, WTF is that?!?!
At the first round , on my gold app I could of sworn a few different times that they had the exact same rider listed in like 5 different spots on the leader board. And a few others had 2 - 3 spots....was crazy.
VET176
6/3/2019 1:26pm
Soon someone will complain about you guys complaining.

The scoring has been shithouse.
orange_44
6/3/2019 6:11pm
If my memory serves right. I recall the previous two outdoor seasons the scoring was correct up to the second every lap. Am I dreaming this or was it better in previous years.

I seem to remember being able to watch the scoring and see whose coming through the pack. Not as easy this year
USA
Fantasy
545th
6/3/2019 6:30pm
I'm right there with you, buddy. I have no idea how it has actually gotten worse in the year 2019. We should have timing loops every 1/4 mile or something. Waiting a lap to see scoring update now does not make any sense when up until this year it updated at the end of each sector.
wwdiii
6/3/2019 6:31pm
All I remember we’re commercials, the Suzuki commercial was pretty good.
greenmx5
6/3/2019 8:23pm
I honestly wish they would run it across the top like they used to. It takes up too much of the screen.
KDXGarage
6/4/2019 1:09am
greenmx5 wrote:
I honestly wish they would run it across the top like they used to. It takes up too much of the screen.
Yes!

Slide it up top.

How much does it cost to have a few more transponder / timer things? Surely for TV they can add one (or more) around the track. Let the finish line one be the "official" one. Just use the others for TV reasons.

I would like to know more accurately how quickly a downed rider is moving through the pack. For example, Musquin made it to eigth.

Also, I would like to be able to go back and watch some footage that did not make the live cut, as a camera away from what they showed on TV.

But mainly, whoever's nephew just got out of college and needed a job, PLEASE learn how to run the leader board better.
Sully
6/4/2019 1:50am
VET176 wrote:
Soon someone will complain about you guys complaining.

The scoring has been shithouse.
As one of the guys who regularly complains about the complaints, I have to agree with this thread. The scoring has been shithouse.
Bosco
6/4/2019 3:01am
greenmx5 wrote:
I think they could even leave it on the side if it was optimized a bit. Look at MotoGP, that's along the side and doesn't seem to get in the way as much.

- We don't need gap between riders to three decimal places. One decimal place is all you realistically need to see. Especially in motocross.
- We don't need the full rider name; an abbreviation would do if you have rider number as well. Cia for Cianciarulo, Old for Oldenburg, McE for McElrath, MaA for Alex Martin, MaJ for Jeremy Martin.
- Fastest lap time is not relevant mid race, unless someone is putting in heaters towards the end of the race, at which point a separate animation elsewhere on screen would do.
- Last lap time is only relevant when we're watching someone close in on someone else. Again, this could be done on a separate animation.

I swear if they put as much effort into the actual presentation of information as they did into the sponsorship logos/placement, it wouldn't look so amateur.

This is obviously on top of sorting the bugs they're experiencing with the timing system itself. I've definitely seen riders in more than one position, the race order suddenly going haywire and showing 27th in 3rd, 3rd in 8th, etc. A DNS rider showing as being midway up the leaderboard. All fairly important stuff.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
6/4/2019 10:07am
greenmx5 wrote:
I prefer it on the side, because they are able to show more names, AND they keep the top 10 static. When the leaders would scroll across the top it was much harder to find the riders you were looking for. I don't know how many times I wanted to see how a rider was doing, but realized it would be awhile before his name scrolled. So I would watch the racing action a little bit. Then I'd look up at the scroll and realize I missed my rider and have to wait for it to cycle through again.
6/4/2019 11:40am
RichieW13 wrote:
At most I would like to see the last lap for the top two or if someone further down the field is significantly faster than the leader
Spudinki45
Fantasy
2962nd
6/4/2019 1:57pm
I just use the live timing on my phone to keep up with the race

Post a reply to: NBC Scoring Updates

The Latest