NBC SPORTS APP New Way to Watch Your Sport starting JAN 4

Related:
Create New Tag

12/29/2018 4:37 PM

Starting January 4th, all of the content on your NBC Sports Gold Pass will be found in the NBC Sports app.

Get ready for the new way to watch and download the app here

https://www.nbcsports.com/sports-mobile

|

12/29/2018 5:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/29/2018 5:28 PM

So what does this mean? Can I now view supercross on NBC Sports app instead of the NBC Sports Gold app? This may be good news because the NBC Sports app seems to be available on more devices. Can I still watch on Gold or do I need to download the standard app?

|

12/29/2018 5:52 PM

VicDaMoan03 wrote:

So what does this mean? Can I now view supercross on NBC Sports app instead of the NBC Sports Gold app? This may be good news because the NBC Sports app seems to be available on more devices. Can I still watch on Gold or do I need to download the standard app?

Seems like it.

|

12/29/2018 5:52 PM

VicDaMoan03 wrote:

Starting January 4th, all of the content on your NBC Sports Gold Pass will be found in the NBC Sports app.

LINK to Article: NBC Sports Gold offers Supercross, Motocross combo

Tags: Monster Energy Supercross, NBC Sports Gold, Pro Motocross
|

12/29/2018 6:13 PM

So two days ago I purchased the SX/MX pass, loaded the app on 3 TVs, a phone, and a tablet. And on Jan. 4th I get to load the new app. This is awesome.

|

12/29/2018 6:45 PM

The most hilarious thing though is Comcast all of a sudden carries FS2! Thanks for nothing Comcast!!!

|

12/29/2018 6:45 PM

Looks like the NBC Sports app is available on fireTV & Roku, as well as other devices connected to your TV. Much rather watch on the TV live then on a phone.

|

12/29/2018 7:01 PM

Google Chromecast to your TV wirelessly

google.com/us/Chromecast

|

12/29/2018 7:21 PM

Yeah i get that but if they take away the gold app and use just normal nbc sports us folk who dont have cable and bought the packages are gonna be fucked over. Because to sign into the sports app you have to verify your provider and you cant use it without doing that.

|

2009 RMZ 250 (sold)
2004 LTZ 400
#nukethequads

12/29/2018 7:24 PM

Meh, I downloaded the NBC Sports App on my PS4 and watch it that way.

|

12/30/2018 4:16 AM

Marty1028 wrote:

Yeah i get that but if they take away the gold app and use just normal nbc sports us folk who dont have cable and bought the packages are gonna be fucked over. Because to sign into the sports app you have to verify your provider and you cant use it without doing that.

I would hope they thought of that. It’s BS if they lock you out after paying.

Maybe shoot them an email.

|

12/30/2018 5:02 AM

I just downloaded the NBC Sports app. It's not listed to be on next Saturday.

|

12/30/2018 7:18 AM

They’re just combining their two apps so they don’t have to develop and support two different ones and the regular NBC Sports app is already available on more devices. You won’t need a cable provider to access your NBC Sports Gold content.

|

12/30/2018 7:21 AM

I have a very extensive cable package and I’ve never had an issue watching races. This seems to be changing. Do I have to get the app to watch sx now?

|

12/30/2018 7:48 AM

Panic_Rev wrote:

I have a very extensive cable package and I’ve never had an issue watching races. This seems to be changing. Do I have to get the app to watch sx now?

Well if you plan on watching every race live and
Practice then you must buy the nbc sports gold sx package for I believe 75 dollars. Only half of the sx races will be live on nbc sports and the replays of the not live shows will be shown later. For example Oakland starts at 10pm est but the coverage is not until sunday at 3pm est.

|

12/30/2018 2:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/30/2018 2:33 PM

731chopper wrote:

They’re just combining their two apps so they don’t have to develop and support two different ones and the regular NBC Sports app is already available on more devices. You won’t need a cable provider to access your NBC Sports Gold content.

You cant even sign in without selecting a provider
EDIT: At least on the apps for a smart TV or a Xbox. Maybe there will be a update on the 4th?

|

2009 RMZ 250 (sold)
2004 LTZ 400
#nukethequads

12/30/2018 2:38 PM

Marty1028 wrote:

DPR250R wrote:

I have searched all over their site and theres no contact information anywhere.

|

2009 RMZ 250 (sold)
2004 LTZ 400
#nukethequads

12/30/2018 2:48 PM

It’s still showing as an upcoming live event on the Gold app for both qualifying and the night show.

|

12/30/2018 2:57 PM

So if I’m already paying for NBC & NBC Sports can I login with my TV provider credentials and watch all races live just as those with the Gold Pass can?

|

12/30/2018 2:59 PM

Marty1028 wrote:

DPR250R wrote:

Marty1028 wrote:

I have searched all over their site and theres no contact information anywhere.

support@nbcsportsgold.com

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/31/2018 10:29 AM

@DPR250R here was the response

|

2009 RMZ 250 (sold)
2004 LTZ 400
#nukethequads

12/31/2018 2:15 PM

Dizzy714 wrote:

So if I’m already paying for NBC & NBC Sports can I login with my TV provider credentials and watch all races live just as those with the Gold Pass can?

I sent them an email asking this question.

"Hello,

I am a COX cable subscriber and log onto the NBCSports app using my cable provider login.

For the upcoming Supercross season, will I be able to watch the Supercross races live with my cable provider login or will I also need to purchase the “Supercross and Motocross Package” ?

Thank you."

Seems to me you still need to pay for the special package if you want to watch live.

|

Powerband in every gear !

12/31/2018 2:44 PM

So if Im in between homes with moving into a new place and have purchased the $75 pass even though I may not have a cable subscription at the moment ......will I be able to watch the races anyway simply because I paid for the pass or do I need a goddam cable subscription AND pay the extra $75?????

Its still not fully clear to me

|

12/31/2018 4:45 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

So if Im in between homes with moving into a new place and have purchased the $75 pass even though I may not have a cable subscription at the moment ......will I be able to watch the races anyway simply because I paid for the pass or do I need a goddam cable subscription AND pay the extra $75?????

If you bought the NBC Sports Gold app pass you do not need a cable provider. You simply need to log in the app or sign in via the nbcsportsgold.com website and you'll be set to watch the races.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/31/2018 5:00 PM

Was jeff emig fired and replaced by RC.

|

12/31/2018 5:21 PM

Marty1028 wrote:

@DPR250R here was the response

So assuming this is the problem you are having

|

12/31/2018 5:46 PM

Dizzy714 wrote:

FGR01 wrote:

I sent them an email asking this question.

"Hello,

I am a COX cable subscriber and log onto the NBCSports app using my cable provider login.

For the upcoming Supercross season, will I be able to watch the Supercross races live with my cable provider login or will I also need to purchase the “Supercross and Motocross Package” ?

Thank you."

Seems to me you still need to pay for the special package if you want to watch live.

That’s absolutely ridiculous.

|

12/31/2018 7:02 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

If you bought the NBC Sports Gold app pass you do not need a cable provider. You simply need to log in the app or sign in via the nbcsportsgold.com website and you'll be set to watch the races.

This is the correct information. I called earlier in the week. They apologized for the terrible wording of their email.

|

12/31/2018 9:26 PM

Seems to me if the hard core fans on Vital MX are having issues trying to figure out how to watch Supercross, then it should be an improvement and good for the sport. I used to watch practice in the past on my laptop connected to my TV and the races live on Fox on Directv. Now this year I have to pay to watch practice and to see all of the races live on NBC Sports Gold. I will not be signing up for that deal, even though I could afford to buy this new app. Maybe the sport will grow with these new improvements to watch SX & MX or maybe we will watch what greed does to our sport. I think I will just kick back and listen to some good classic rock on vinyl instead.

|

12/31/2018 9:39 PM

wfo4ever wrote:

Seems to me if the hard core fans on Vital MX are having issues trying to figure out how to watch Supercross, then it should be an improvement and good for the sport. I used to watch practice in the past on my laptop connected to my TV and the races live on Fox on Directv. Now this year I have to pay to watch practice and to see all of the races live on NBC Sports Gold. I will not be signing up for that deal, even though I could afford to buy this new app. Maybe the sport will grow with these new improvements to watch SX & MX or maybe we will watch what greed does to our sport. I think I will just kick back and listen to some good classic rock on vinyl instead.

One can always watch the races live or on delay based on when they are aired. I have purchased the Gold pass in the past for MX and it's a fantastic value (what you get based on what you pay). The experience is excellent. For $90 a year, you get 17 rounds of SX and 12 rounds of MX, plus you get all of the practice, qualifiers, and pre-race hoopla. That's a little over $3 per race event, commercial free. I'll take that all day and every day.

As for the money, I used to have Directv. Was paying damn near $120 per month because they have the basic package, but all the add ons were killers. Oh, you want FS2 with your package, you need to pay an extra $10/month because they don't offer FS2 with FS1 (gotcha!). Oh, have additional receivers? You have to pay an extra $5/month for each receiver you have. You wanted Hd? Yep, you guessed it it's an extra $10/month. Oh, you want DVR? Yep, you guessed it, another $10/month. Add 8% taxes on that, and suddenly you are paying $120/month - and you get 1 hour of racing combined with 2 hours of commercials. Just lovely. I'm saving $75 per month alone by not having Directv.

|