NBC Gold package or Pulp Fantasy

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2019 7:38 AM

If you could only choose 1
What one would you choose?

If you could only choose 1 because of finances

View Results

|

1/5/2019 7:44 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

If you could only choose 1
What one would you choose?

What's the point of betting on the races if you cant watch them?

|

1/5/2019 7:44 AM

These threads are getting a little foolish Tarz.

|

1/5/2019 7:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2019 7:48 AM

I got both.... but to answer your question:

IF you got the Pulp Fantasy Subscription and played it religiously - every delayed broadcast would be spoiled by the Fantasy results.

IF you pay for NBC Gold, and play the free Pulp - nothing we be spoiled, you’ll still get to play Fantasy, you just wont get the prizes...(and be honest, have you won any before?) I got lucky and took 9th one week last year and won some shitty Pro Filers... hardly even worth the $35 bucks.

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

1/5/2019 8:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2019 8:03 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

If you could only choose 1
What one would you choose?

Rushton597 wrote:

What's the point of betting on the races if you cant watch them?

I have NBC sports so i can still watch just some will be delayed



|

1/5/2019 8:03 AM

Squirrelings wrote:

These threads are getting a little foolish Tarz.

Sorry i didnt know it bothered anyone.

|

1/5/2019 8:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2019 8:06 AM

MxKing809 wrote:

I got both.... but to answer your question:

IF you got the Pulp Fantasy Subscription and played it religiously - every delayed broadcast would be spoiled by the Fantasy results.

IF you pay for NBC Gold, and play the free Pulp - nothing we be spoiled, you’ll still get to play Fantasy, you just wont get the prizes...(and be honest, have you won any before?) I got lucky and took 9th one week last year and won some shitty Pro Filers... hardly even worth the $35 bucks.

True i didnt think about it being spoiled
I Have won a couple small things.
The biggest being a Neck Brace

But i think the entertainment value is worth it
Win or lose so i went with Pulp
And im gonna watch on Nbcsn
But without the Gold package.

|

1/5/2019 8:05 AM

Get a second job and watch the archived version when there's time. No time for fantasy.

|

1/5/2019 8:11 AM

Ted722 wrote:

Get a second job and watch the archived version when there's time. No time for fantasy.

I would get a 2nd job if i could, wife wants me to be around to help with the kids.
I am Looking for a better first job though.
I tried to start a business last year and plans fell through so
There was a setback from that, i plan to re group and eventually try again.
I have 6 kids so it creates some challenges.
And i love the kids but i will definitely admit i had them before being financially secure and i wouldn't recommend it.

|

1/5/2019 8:21 AM

For the money I won with fantasy I can keep playing for about 30 years for free whistling

|

1/6/2019 6:40 AM

You get what you pay for. So if its between the two im going gold all day.

|

1/6/2019 12:08 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

I have NBC sports so i can still watch just some will be delayed



Yep, plus since the NBC app doesn't allow rewind / fast fwd during streaming of LIVE events it's much better to watch via a DVR and most people for $60 monthly get a ton of channels already including NBCSN.

We bought the app just for practice and used the DVR / cable last night to view the race b/c with the app you cannot time shift (other than pause) the LIVE race broadcast which is pretty lame.

Also skipping thru the app is rough as you cannot see a preview of "where you are at" when scrolling thru the 3hr archive once it's posted (which wasn't until well after 12:15a CST this morning) and it jumps around in large intervals (for instance it's not EZ to backup a few seconds to re-watch a crash or pass which I can do easily on the DVR - they need to add a 15sec replay and fast fwd button to the archived events plus add time shifting period to LIVE streaming events.

Hopefully the app will improve but at least we can watch on NBCSN via DVR for most races (we always start the DVR'd version of a LIVE race about 60min after the race starts so that we catch up to the event in real time by the time of the main events - that way we can watch the race w/o many commercials, skip over the makeup 2 mud stuff and yet get to the main's in real time to follow twitter / live timing for the main events - all within a 90min period or so vs the full 3 hrs and w/o many commercials but yet see all heat, LCQ, Main Event action.

Too bad the NBC app doesn't allow to time shift within the LIVE event and that the replay versions won't be available until really late after the entire 3hr broadcast each week.

|