NBC Gold Video Player Question

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2019 9:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2019 9:46 AM

Yes, I’ve read the other threads...might’ve missed it.

Yesterday or the day before, the video player on the sports app (iPhone 8) had an option to expand the screen and an option to share with a TV-today all I have is closed captioning, and pause/play.

I’ll add that I did buy an Amazon Firestick, but I was going to send it back if I don’t need it because I can share from my phone to the TV.

Anyone know how to get the other features back?

|

1/5/2019 9:58 AM

I have an 8 also and have to use chromecast. You need your fire stick or chromecast or a direct plug in from a laptop. Never heard of the way your talking about.

|

1/5/2019 11:21 AM

are you on the same wifi network as the tv? mine will send no problem from phone to tv

|

1/5/2019 11:35 AM

suzuki98 wrote:

are you on the same wifi network as the tv? mine will send no problem from phone to tv

Yes. The weird thing is the player had the option to share and to expand the screen (like YouTube does) but neither of those features are present anymore.

|

1/5/2019 11:38 AM

not sure mine does not have that option at work but when i am at home it does

|

1/5/2019 11:51 AM

suzuki98 wrote:

omalley wrote:

Yes. The weird thing is the player had the option to share and to expand the screen (like YouTube does) but neither of those ...more

Does YouTube still let you cast to the tv?

|

1/5/2019 11:52 AM

I just plug my phone into the tv with the apple adapter, works for Netflix etc. I'm hoping it works with the gold app

|

1/5/2019 12:04 PM

suzuki98 wrote:

omalley wrote:

Yes. The weird thing is the player had the option to share and to expand the screen (like YouTube does) but neither of those ...more

dirtmike86 wrote:

yes i cast to my tv all the time

|

1/5/2019 12:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2019 12:10 PM

It’s there for me on iPhone X.

Screenshot:
Photo

Try turning on “screen mirroring” if the option isn’t available within the app.

|

1/5/2019 12:19 PM

Anyone having issues getting it to play on a Samsung Galaxy 8? I get to it but I cannot get it to fire up and play. I just get a message saying either contact them via email or go to the help menu. I'm frustrated.

|

1/5/2019 12:20 PM

omalley wrote:

dirtmike86 wrote:

suzuki98 wrote:

yes i cast to my tv all the time

Lol sorry meant to quote op

|

1/5/2019 12:21 PM

motomike137 wrote:

Anyone having issues getting it to play on a Samsung Galaxy 8? I get to it but I cannot get it to fire up and play. I just get ...more

Galaxy s9 its working for me.

|

1/5/2019 1:32 PM

motomike137 wrote:

Anyone having issues getting it to play on a Samsung Galaxy 8? I get to it but I cannot get it to fire up and play. I just get ...more

dirtmike86 wrote:

Galaxy s9 its working for me.

I'm up and running! Sweet.

|

1/5/2019 1:34 PM

|

1/5/2019 8:04 PM

Disappointed in Golds production of Supercross. At least with MX outdoors and MXoN the commercial breaks weren't dead silence and a dull shot of the track. Pretty amateur production. Must tthe last minute switch from Fox to NBC Gold. Hopefully it will get better.

|