NBC Gold Question

Let me start by saying I'm glad that all (almost) motos are broadcast live these days. Even if I need an abacus to figure out the schedule. I still remember waiting 6 months to see the USGP on Wide World of Sports.Wink

However, today's broadcast on cable was damn near unwatchable due to the poor timing of the commercials and the sheer number of interruptions. Especially the hour that was on NBC. For God's sake, they went to commercial with less than 3 laps to go and in the middle of a battle for positions! At least NAPCAR and Indy get "side by side" action with the action continuing during the commercials.

I told myself after today that I would either stop watching the live cable feed and DVR everything from here on out so I can skip the commercials and watch the 4 hours of live broadcast in about 2 hoursAngry or sign up for NBC Gold.

So for those of you with the streaming package, what are they doing when the TV broadcast goes to commercial? Do they continue to stream the racing action or do they put up that damn "We will return to live action soon" slide? If they continue the action it worth the 50 bucks to me.

|
TXDirt
6/17/2017 9:15pm
They stream the racing action with commentary. As if there was no commercial break. Worked great today!
Naanak
6/17/2017 9:17pm
Usually but not every time you'll hear the pre commercial music then either the top five will show and it will go to a zoomed out shot of a part of the track for at most 15 seconds. Then resume as normal. Only once or twice this season has is gone blank but never for more then 30 seconds.
Naanak
6/17/2017 9:19pm
Pretty much all the complaints people have are either they have slow internet and blame the stream or they don't know how to use the app which is extremely easy.
Hut
6/17/2017 9:28pm
Agree they continue coverage during commercials and everything works great.

The Shop

Kawi4life
6/17/2017 9:28pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2017 9:31pm
Streaming in Firefox I get the flash player locking up a lot causing me to have to refresh the page. The video also doesn't fill the screen. There's black bars on the sides and top but not the bottom which doesn't make sense. I guess I could try another web browser but I normally like to use Firefox and watch it on my big screen.... I didn't see this weeks race on NBC Gold because I was there in person but I think it's great that they answered our prayers for a legit paid-for live streaming service for those of us who refuse to pay for traditional TV anymore. It's new and needs some refinement for the web browser stream but is totally worth the price and should get better as time goes on.
Hut
6/17/2017 9:33pm
Fire TV box from Amazon works great.
Rockinar
6/17/2017 10:28pm
Just stay busy all day then watch it on YouTube afterwards.
markit
6/17/2017 10:46pm
Works great here with chrome, the only time I get the RWBS is I between motors. During the races it's non stop I'm fairly sure, but definitely non irritating.
cali11
6/17/2017 11:08pm
Hut wrote:
Yeah but if you don't already have a firestick your screwed. Fusions TVaddons is gone for good, so you won't beable to load Kodi up till somthing else comes out.
TXDirt
6/18/2017 3:32am
Hut wrote:
cali11 wrote:
Yeah but if you don't already have a firestick your screwed. Fusions TVaddons is gone for good, so you won't beable to load Kodi up till...
Yeah but if you don't already have a firestick your screwed. Fusions TVaddons is gone for good, so you won't beable to load Kodi up till somthing else comes out.
Huh? You can load Kodi on an Firebox or Firestick in about 2 minutes. There is an app called "downloader". Install it. Then enter this URL

bit.ly/kodi173arm

It will install the latest version of Kodi.
Moto520
6/18/2017 5:39am
The app works perfect. Right after the race finishes.....it goes up as an archive to be watched. No spoilers on the NBC page. I have no complaints and would even say that it has elevated the watching of the events (unless you are old and don't know how to use your computer or iPad).
Bramlett321
6/18/2017 5:44am
Naanak wrote:
Usually but not every time you'll hear the pre commercial music then either the top five will show and it will go to a zoomed out...
Usually but not every time you'll hear the pre commercial music then either the top five will show and it will go to a zoomed out shot of a part of the track for at most 15 seconds. Then resume as normal. Only once or twice this season has is gone blank but never for more then 30 seconds.
^^^^^ What he said. The only issue I've had is that it will say I need to buy the app to watch even when I'm signed in, but all I have to do is sign out then right back in and it's fine. Maybe it's just my phone.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
6/18/2017 6:09am
Had a busy day today so at 9pm sat down to watch Moto on the DVR.

Could hardly stomach the blurry MAV 1st motos
Was thrilled to get into the 2nd hi def Motos on NBCsports only to find it didn't have the 2nd 450 Moto. Didn't realize I had to set 3 dif recordings for 1 race

Went up to bed n watched the final Moto on the NBC gold app on the IPad. HD and well worth it....no commercials either

To me it's well worth the price
USA
Fantasy
428th
6/18/2017 6:13am
I would recommend it without a doubt. You can tell when the stream is going to, or coming back from, commercial for TV, which usually interrupts the action for a few seconds. It doesn't bother me, but it is definitely noticeable if you're also watching the GP live streams, which seem to be produced with Internet streaming as the priority (not a bonus).
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
6/18/2017 7:06am
Get the NBC Gold App. It's worth it. I just hope NBC doesn't start raising the prices - like they hire some special MBA marketing nerd with limited real world experience that thinks it's a good idea to raise prices until they lose X% of viewers then drop the price back down slightly and hold it there....end of rant

For now the NBC Gold app is awesome for viewing. Love it. Best $50 I've spent in a long time.
Hut
6/18/2017 7:19am
I still can't believe Mavtv is broadcast in SD on Directv. Fucking useless! Even if they did pull their head out of their ass I would stick with the NBC Gold on Fire TV box, it is so much better without the ads. A lot of missed content due to commercials and other editing. Especially, on next day airs broadcasts.
$50 is well worth it to me and wifey says the Fire box is great for whatever she watches (we still have directv also)....lol
Kawi15
6/18/2017 7:28am
I love the NBC Gold stream. It is worth every bit of the $50 dollars.
mike546
6/18/2017 8:38am
I got the apple TV 4th generation and it has the NBC Gold app right on it so it broadcast in full screen on my TV. The only complaint I have about yesterday was the commentators audio was garbled with the track announcers. It was so annoying I watched the recording on my DVR. I'll have to try the other motos to see if its the same. I watched the race from two weeks back and it wasn't like that. Maybe just a glitch. Overall I like it.
6/18/2017 2:19pm
The first couple races on gold was interesting. If with the first couple race issues. Still worth every cent. I watched it on my way home from santa Barbara. Mostly listening to it. Great app and concept for sure. The hd quality is great. Also the commentary is really good. Like someone else said. Nbc better not f us with higher prices next year.

Post a reply to: NBC Gold Question

The Latest