NBC Gold "On Demand"

Sodipop
5/18/2017 4:31pm
Seems like this is punishing people with a cable or directv plan. Why would the content be removed from the regular NBC sports app? Seems very scammy
agn5009
5/18/2017 4:36pm
This is a joke. Why's it gotta be so damn difficult to watch a race? I pay $100 per month for dish network but can't watch it. I would gladly pay $50 per year for the races if I had a way to watch them. All I have is a smart phone and a tv. I don't own any other technical stuff like roku or have a smart tv. How the hell am I supposed to watch the races other than on my phone?
Sodipop
5/18/2017 4:37pm
agn5009 wrote:
This is a joke. Why's it gotta be so damn difficult to watch a race? I pay $100 per month for dish network but can't watch...
This is a joke. Why's it gotta be so damn difficult to watch a race? I pay $100 per month for dish network but can't watch it. I would gladly pay $50 per year for the races if I had a way to watch them. All I have is a smart phone and a tv. I don't own any other technical stuff like roku or have a smart tv. How the hell am I supposed to watch the races other than on my phone?
Won't it be on tv?
DaveI
5/18/2017 4:41pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2017 4:41pm
Clarification for those who do not know...
To watch Outdoors this year....
If you have MAVTV...You can watch the first two motos of each round.
To watch the second two motos you can watch those on NBCSN...BUT...
NBCSN will be broadcasting only 6 of the 12....

So if you have MAVTV and NBCSN you can watch all the first two race each round
and SIX of the second two races...But you will not be able to watch all of the second two races of all rounds
unless you subscribe and pay your fifty bucks....Now maybe you'll be able to watch them when the season
is over or if you are lucky maybe catch them on an IPTV feed but with that you'll probably spend so much
time looking for a feed you might as well just cough up the 50 clams (And curse the b*stards for doing this)...

The Shop

agn5009
5/18/2017 4:44pm
agn5009 wrote:
This is a joke. Why's it gotta be so damn difficult to watch a race? I pay $100 per month for dish network but can't watch...
Sodipop wrote:
Won't it be on tv?
Dish doesn't have Mavtv that I know of. I used to watch all the races on the NBC sports app by just typing my user info in. It was free so I didn't mind. I won't pay $50 to watch it on my cell phone
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
5/18/2017 4:45pm
You can still watch it on TV if you have programming that shows the races - Mav TV and NBC Sports.

What they should have done is offered it for $50 without a cable, streaming, or sat subscription and charged something like $25 for those with a subscription from a provider. I'd easily be glad to pay for no commercials and the extra content. I paid the $50, just wasn't super happy about it. Really not happy that's its not on Roku either.
agn5009
5/18/2017 4:49pm
TbonesPop wrote:
You can still watch it on TV if you have programming that shows the races - Mav TV and NBC Sports. What they should have done...
You can still watch it on TV if you have programming that shows the races - Mav TV and NBC Sports.

What they should have done is offered it for $50 without a cable, streaming, or sat subscription and charged something like $25 for those with a subscription from a provider. I'd easily be glad to pay for no commercials and the extra content. I paid the $50, just wasn't super happy about it. Really not happy that's its not on Roku either.
I have NBC sports but apparently I'll only be able to watch 6 of the 2nd motos?
DaveI
5/18/2017 4:49pm
TbonesPop wrote:
You can still watch it on TV if you have programming that shows the races - Mav TV and NBC Sports. What they should have done...

Again...NBCSN will be showing only half of the second motos (SIX)...You cannot see all of the second motos on NBCSN this year
5/18/2017 4:50pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2017 4:53pm
Pakoyz250f wrote:
It is so good to read that! so do you think you can watch the whole thing trough the free version or are you going to...
It is so good to read that! so do you think you can watch the whole thing trough the free version or are you going to pay and upgrade? I am gonna download cyberghost and pay the package today!! so excited! wish me luck haha
Good luck buddy! I am excited also to get it working so far.

As far as i can tell everything worked perfectly with the free version of cyberghost, i was able to rewatch some of the 2016 races in full HD with almost no buffering required.

The free version has a "queue" to get in though so if you'd plan to use it for a live event i'd say that you better get it up running a bit before to make sure you got a connection setup.(my queue time was about 5 mins)

The only concern i have right now is if the connection will be fast enough to watch the livestream, this might make paying for a good VPN worth it honestly. But i just paid the $50 for the package i don't really feel like spending more to be able to watch racing, kind of anoying that it has to be this hard to watch American motocross in 2017...

DaveI
5/18/2017 4:51pm
agn5009 wrote:
Sodipop wrote:
Won't it be on tv?
agn5009 wrote:
Dish doesn't have Mavtv that I know of. I used to watch all the races on the NBC sports app by just typing my user info...
Dish doesn't have Mavtv that I know of. I used to watch all the races on the NBC sports app by just typing my user info in. It was free so I didn't mind. I won't pay $50 to watch it on my cell phone
I had MavTV on DISH two years ago...MavTV sucked...Basically cowboy shows when there's no racing...
It only cost $4 a month and you got a couple of fishing channels (Wow) with it as well...
I believe DISH dropped MavTV last year..
hyler199
5/18/2017 4:52pm
ah yes thank god. dont know how i missed that lol

streaming from laptop and hookin up to a tv via hdmi is probably the best bet if anyone is having a hard time with the apps
DaveI
5/18/2017 5:05pm
hyler199 wrote:
ah yes thank god. dont know how i missed that lol streaming from laptop and hookin up to a tv via hdmi is probably the best...
ah yes thank god. dont know how i missed that lol

streaming from laptop and hookin up to a tv via hdmi is probably the best bet if anyone is having a hard time with the apps
The app is not working so good for me because it forces me to use a wifi connection...
Browser and PC is better so I'll probably have to wind up using that....
All of my three TVs are hooked to a Windows 10PC (HDMI).
The APP is very buggy...
elsinore
5/18/2017 5:16pm
Anybody else directed to pay from unsecured website for nbc gold?

I want to pay for the service, but shit, doesn't look like a secured payment transaction???????????
TXDirt
5/18/2017 5:57pm
TbonesPop wrote:

That's getting too specific. Different cable providers charge different prices for different packages that may or may not contain the channels that contain The MX races.

I'm find with this model. Pay for what you want to see. We just need more of this so we can truly cut the cord. For example, I find ESPN absolutely terrible, but it's one of the biggest costs in your cable TV packages. I would much rather buy a months worth, or better yet an events worth of ESPN.

We need more al la cate options with TV and media.

So yes it sucks to have to pay for this year whT you got free last year. But remember it really wasn't free. You were paying a cable TVprovider. So this is part of that progression. We are not seeing cost savings now but in the future we might when we actually get to pay for what we want to actually watch.
DaveI
5/18/2017 6:05pm
I found out that only starting with this version of the Android app 3.3 does it require a WiFi connection
and Location Services to be turned on....I downloaded version 3.2 and could run that no problem
on my ethernet connection with Location Services Off...However it's still buggy...
I'm going to try a much older .apk version...
TXDirt
5/18/2017 6:08pm
DaveI wrote:
I found out that only starting with this version of the Android app 3.3 does it require a WiFi connection and Location Services to be turned...
I found out that only starting with this version of the Android app 3.3 does it require a WiFi connection
and Location Services to be turned on....I downloaded version 3.2 and could run that no problem
on my ethernet connection with Location Services Off...However it's still buggy...
I'm going to try a much older .apk version...
That seems bizarre. Never heard of an app that cares if you are on wifi or wired. But I use an Amazon Fire Tv box. Have Kodi side loaded. The NBC Sports Gold app running great here.
DaveI
5/18/2017 6:19pm
I only have a 12MB download connection (1.7MB Up) (I live and ride desert)...I'm on 5.8Ghz wifi link into a mountain Access Point 10 miles away...But I can watch HD movies on my Box no problem...This is the first App that does not work well...I figured it out from another person complain about them having changed the App requiring location services on...I downloaded 3.2 which was right before his post...Sure enough it did not require Location Services or Wifi...Worked straight away on ethernet with location services off....They're snooping... Installing an older version now...
DaveI
5/18/2017 6:56pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2017 7:06pm
So it turns out that 3.2 is the oldest version that will work...
Version 3.0 and earlier used a Username instead of email...I tried
using my Email but it didn't work in the earlier versions...Looked to see
if you could give yourself a username on the website but didn't see any place...
So I'm reinstalling version 3.2 which allows network access via Ethernet and
Locations Services Turned Off on an Android box....Will play with that version some more...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 3.2 working decent now...No Wifi and Locations services required like in the latest
version 3.3....So looks like 3.2 will work for me...
TomC31
5/18/2017 11:18pm
Why is it not available in Australia?
hoots3pak
5/19/2017 4:04am
Cmon, 50 bucks. Finally, commercial free!!!!!. MX has made it. Stop. Bitching, unsubscribe to the NFL Ticket, buy yourself some new bars and levers, get the MX ticket and have enough left for some beer and enjoy the races.
I have watched most of the races and it is bad ass. Thank you, finally. No more NASCAR, or MMA cutting into race day on FOX. We made it, pay the 50 bucks
5/19/2017 5:26am
agn5009 wrote:
Get a Chromecast, bro. They are so easy to plug in and use. Once you have it working, you can cast the race to your big screen from your phone. Easy peazy.
early
Fantasy
2139th
5/19/2017 5:47am
agn5009 wrote:
Get a Chromecast, bro. They are so easy to plug in and use. Once you have it working, you can cast the race to your big...
Get a Chromecast, bro. They are so easy to plug in and use. Once you have it working, you can cast the race to your big screen from your phone. Easy peazy.
bradnelson
5/19/2017 7:15am
elsinore wrote:
Anybody else directed to pay from unsecured website for nbc gold? I want to pay for the service, but shit, doesn't look like a secured payment...
Anybody else directed to pay from unsecured website for nbc gold?

I want to pay for the service, but shit, doesn't look like a secured payment transaction???????????
^ This. Not cool. I am re-thinking about signing up. Did the rest of you guys have a secured connection ?
5/19/2017 7:22am
Wasn't this already discussed? I think what came out of the discussion is that once you actually go pay, you go to a secure connection. Something like that.

I don't remember anything about it when I signed up. I usually don't pay that close attention when it is a huge company like NBC doing the website. Besides, I've had people rip off my check card before. My bank always catches it and always puts the money back.
ocscottie
5/19/2017 7:36am
our first try with the NBC Gold will be practice sat morning at 10am PST

NBC Sports Gold
2017 Hangtown Qualifers Pro Motocross
05/20 10:00 am PST
PFitzG38
5/19/2017 10:32am
Feldspar wrote:
I also want to know this. I emailed RacerX and addressed the email to Davey Combs. I usually can't watch the race live and would like...
I also want to know this. I emailed RacerX and addressed the email to Davey Combs. I usually can't watch the race live and would like to be able to watch that night. If the archives are up a couple days later, no thanks. The MXGPs are up right away. If NBC Sports Gold does this I am in.
that the only selling point for me as well
bdlcks
5/19/2017 10:42am
just cancelled my cable and ordered the package I will be saving 50/month all summer. looking forward to a good season just wish they had a nice app for windows 10
brewrabb
5/19/2017 10:43am
Totally psyched for this! We, the people, have been screaming for this for years and we finally got "live" streaming at a price you cannot beat. I just hope it works as well as the mxgp site.
mxridr
5/19/2017 11:08am
Not to belly ache, but having to pay to watch MX on tv is kind of lame. This is why I pay Verizon a boatload of cash every month - so I can watch whatever I want. Now I need to pony up another 50 just to watch MX?? Not happening

Post a reply to: NBC Gold "On Demand"

The Latest