NBC GOLD PACKAGE "surprisingly good"

moto9
For those that were wondering.
I took a chance and forked over the $50 and was was surprised at the coverage and video quality.
Since I dumped cable because it a complete rip off, I had no other option.
Had to work the weekend so it was great to be able to watch the motos when I had free time.
Hope they offer this for supercross in 18'
|
tprice07
5/23/2017 7:26am
moto9 wrote:
For those that were wondering. I took a chance and forked over the $50 and was was surprised at the coverage and video quality. Since I...
I took a chance and forked over the $50 and was was surprised at the coverage and video quality.
Had to work the weekend so it was great to be able to watch the motos when I had free time.
agreed, worth it for the HD alone for sure.
EastFlorida
5/23/2017 7:32am
Was it buffering or laggy live?

I had to watch the replays after my race this weekend and they seemed to be fine. I'll see this weekend how it works live - I hope it is as good. If so, it was well worth the $50.
VilloFan951
5/23/2017 8:15am
I also bought this package and I loved it. The fact that there was no commercials was awesome just straight racing the whole time! There were times where it froze for a second or the picture was messed up but it fixed it self fast

The Shop

solbikerider
Fantasy
2462nd
5/23/2017 8:27am
Watched the 2nd motos Sunday. The only issue is you have to watch out for spoilers when watching on your desktop. On the race replay page there are race highlights right below the video. Other than that everything went smooth.
5/23/2017 8:51am
I'm thinking about it as MAVTV on DirectTV is absolutely horrible quality. It's as if you are watching a program filmed in 1940. You cannot make out numbers on bikes or anything. Streaming the first moto last year was light years ahead of the MAVTV quality.
5/23/2017 9:00am
I agree. Definitely worth the $50 bucks fo' sho'.

Just wish I had access to the 125 DREAM RACE!!!!!!!!

NBC Gold... you have been put on notice and have two more chances... Thunder Valley and Washougal!! Give us fans our premix and bbbrraaaapppp!!
SKlein
5/23/2017 9:34am
I'm thinking about it as MAVTV on DirectTV is absolutely horrible quality. It's as if you are watching a program filmed in 1940. You cannot make...
I'm thinking about it as MAVTV on DirectTV is absolutely horrible quality. It's as if you are watching a program filmed in 1940. You cannot make out numbers on bikes or anything. Streaming the first moto last year was light years ahead of the MAVTV quality.
I'm pretty sure that's a DirectTV issue, not so much MAV. Last year I had great quality going through our local provider for the MAV motos.
Potts
5/23/2017 10:11am
moto9 wrote:
For those that were wondering. I took a chance and forked over the $50 and was was surprised at the coverage and video quality. Since I...
Me too... feel the same!! I paid $145.00 to watch the MXGPs so the $50.00 is awesome!!
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
5/23/2017 10:12am Edited Date/Time 5/23/2017 10:12am
After watching it on Saturday, it's amazing how many times Weege and GL had to announce a commercial break was coming and the action would be right back. TV in the US is absurd with commercial breaks. Non-stop coverage of each moto is worth $50 without a doubt.
PTECH
5/23/2017 10:28am
I was happy with the quality and everything overall. I only noticed 2 slight split second hiccups in the stream during the second 450 moto. Otherwise everything was super solid. I was playing it on my tv through my laptop. My only complaint is they did some kind of "talk to the mechanic" segment that, granted only lasted for a few minutes but my thought was why don't they show this before the race starts instead of just showing a "Streaming will start soon!" screen. No commercials was really nice. I canceled my cable at least 5 years ago, now when I'm watching anything and i see commercials its unbearable. Paying a dollar a moto just to get rid of the commercials is 100% worth it to me.
rompin87
5/23/2017 11:39am
Yep happy so say I loved it. I was a bit shall I shan't I, but after a few beers I thought stuff it, paid my money and it was bang on. HD all the way, money well spent and can't wait for next Saturday. There was a couple of minor things like that chain tool thing but in 4 hours of pretty much uninterrupted races I can live with that.
aeffertz
5/23/2017 12:06pm
Watched the 2nd motos Sunday. The only issue is you have to watch out for spoilers when watching on your desktop. On the race replay page...
Watched the 2nd motos Sunday. The only issue is you have to watch out for spoilers when watching on your desktop. On the race replay page there are race highlights right below the video. Other than that everything went smooth.
This is my obly gripe too! Woukd be nice if they made it like an expandable window or something. First rave i went to watch I was waitinf for the page to load nd saw "Ferrandis Moto 2 Hard Crash!" Or something similar.

I work Saturdays so i stay off social media and the forum as to not spoil thr race for myself so itd be nice if they didnt have the highlights right there on the motos page.
MattE303
5/23/2017 2:41pm
I'm thinking about it as MAVTV on DirectTV is absolutely horrible quality. It's as if you are watching a program filmed in 1940. You cannot make...
SKlein wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's a DirectTV issue, not so much MAV. Last year I had great quality going through our local provider for the MAV motos.
yup, that's DirecTV, not MAV. Before the contract dispute a couple years ago, we had MavTV on DISH (in HD) and it looked great! DirecTV just doesn't think MAV warrants an HD channel on their satellite. I agree with the OP, digital SD signals on the satellite providers is *unwatchable*, especially for any kind of high motion sports stuff like moto.
5/23/2017 2:53pm
SKlein wrote:
MattE303 wrote:
yup, that's DirecTV, not MAV. Before the contract dispute a couple years ago, we had MavTV on DISH (in HD) and it looked great! DirecTV just...
yup, that's DirecTV, not MAV. Before the contract dispute a couple years ago, we had MavTV on DISH (in HD) and it looked great! DirecTV just doesn't think MAV warrants an HD channel on their satellite. I agree with the OP, digital SD signals on the satellite providers is *unwatchable*, especially for any kind of high motion sports stuff like moto.
Thanks, I didn't even know MavTV was offered elsewhere as HD.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
5/23/2017 3:02pm
I'm stoked too. Works great so far. But hey, I use to scan the paper as a kid to see when mx or sx was coming on ESPN. Normally it was 2 in the morning, so I would set my alarm, drag my pillow and a blanket downstairs, pop in a fresh VCR tape and press record. That was circa 1991 when I fell in love with moto. So yeah 50 bucks and instant is insane and awesome.
ctbale
5/23/2017 8:33pm
I get all my internet via wi-fi hotspot thru my phone. 20GB total a month, and aprox 3mb speed.

Anybody have any info how much data I would use per race? I have heard its about 1GB per hour? My 3Mb speed might not keep up either. But the reviews I am reading here, might just take a chance, wtf, its only $50 !!
tp311
5/24/2017 7:01pm
Anybody know if you can watch on multiple devices at the same time? My brother works some saturdays and plays the races on hit computer from work and I'm off watching them at home on the apple tv. Has anyone tried this?
Hut
5/24/2017 7:55pm
Mav on Directv is useless. I just received my fire TV box today and will be watching the NBC Gold coverage now. So far it looks great.
Hut
5/24/2017 7:56pm
Markee wrote:
I'm stoked too. Works great so far. But hey, I use to scan the paper as a kid to see when mx or sx was coming...
I'm stoked too. Works great so far. But hey, I use to scan the paper as a kid to see when mx or sx was coming on ESPN. Normally it was 2 in the morning, so I would set my alarm, drag my pillow and a blanket downstairs, pop in a fresh VCR tape and press record. That was circa 1991 when I fell in love with moto. So yeah 50 bucks and instant is insane and awesome.
Laughing I know how ya feel. Cool
moto9
5/24/2017 10:16pm
My issue with cable, direct, dish is paying for all the shit you don't want
Like.....a butt load of infomercials, Spanish channels, religion, government channels.
And during a show almost half the broadcast is filed with commercials.
What a complete rip......so now I'm internet only!
10000hrs
5/4/2019 3:38pm
For various reasons, I watch about 3/4 of the races on replay.

1. It seems to me the replay quality is not full HD compared to the live broadcast. Can anybody confirm or deny that?

2. I wish they would cut out the interrace dead time ( where the over the commercials go) on the replays.

Post a reply to: NBC GOLD PACKAGE "surprisingly good"

The Latest