NBC Discusses Arlington

cameron96
Cool panel review of the last race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzJLz91zj_Y

Opinions?
|
drt410
2/22/2019 6:44pm Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 6:50pm
This season had the most hype of any Ive ever seen and somehow has still FAR surpassed all expectations. I was born in 89 and have been watching sx with my dad since the day I was born. The only season I remember close to this in hype was after the year RC moved up n finally started challenging McGrath, there was an anticipation that a changing of the guard was coming going into that next season.

Then it started, McGrath started strong but you felt it, and then Ricky beat him and after that never lost to McGrath again and went on to be the goat. I know were still in the midst of it but this is BY FAR, the deepest field ever. Then weve had all different winners, which never happens, changing the red plate every week, closest finish in history, and an unexpected new great in Webb stepping up.

Combined with great tracks this season is the best in a long longgg time. Im so happy this is happening, I love this sport. Who knows whats left in store. Eli could just as easy dominate the 2nd half, he does do better when behind... Webb could continue to dominate and become the next RV, Roczen could complete the greatest comeback in history, Marvin could surprise everyone. Mannn.

Were gonna talk about this season as the pinnacle of sx for a longgg time.. and were watching it now.
DF313
Fantasy
2455th
2/22/2019 7:10pm
I get Ricky was a great racer, but do you think it's him, or the broadcast team that somehow gets him to mention how great he was every time he gets asked a question. I swear he always references him winning..... I mean yes he did win a lot, but you know. Maybe I'm just still mad they gave him those fuel points back to beat James.
MX76er
2/22/2019 11:53pm
drt410 wrote:
This season had the most hype of any Ive ever seen and somehow has still FAR surpassed all expectations. I was born in 89 and have...
This season had the most hype of any Ive ever seen and somehow has still FAR surpassed all expectations. I was born in 89 and have been watching sx with my dad since the day I was born. The only season I remember close to this in hype was after the year RC moved up n finally started challenging McGrath, there was an anticipation that a changing of the guard was coming going into that next season.

Then it started, McGrath started strong but you felt it, and then Ricky beat him and after that never lost to McGrath again and went on to be the goat. I know were still in the midst of it but this is BY FAR, the deepest field ever. Then weve had all different winners, which never happens, changing the red plate every week, closest finish in history, and an unexpected new great in Webb stepping up.

Combined with great tracks this season is the best in a long longgg time. Im so happy this is happening, I love this sport. Who knows whats left in store. Eli could just as easy dominate the 2nd half, he does do better when behind... Webb could continue to dominate and become the next RV, Roczen could complete the greatest comeback in history, Marvin could surprise everyone. Mannn.

Were gonna talk about this season as the pinnacle of sx for a longgg time.. and were watching it now.
Go watch 2011 supercross season on YouTube. That was an epic year! Very close all the way to Vegas between villo, reed, dung and Stewart. Lost of race winners that year too!

The Shop

CPR
2/23/2019 1:11am
DF313 wrote:
I get Ricky was a great racer, but do you think it's him, or the broadcast team that somehow gets him to mention how great he...
I get Ricky was a great racer, but do you think it's him, or the broadcast team that somehow gets him to mention how great he was every time he gets asked a question. I swear he always references him winning..... I mean yes he did win a lot, but you know. Maybe I'm just still mad they gave him those fuel points back to beat James.
Can't exactly remember now how it would of went- thought Reed would have won if RC didn't get the fuel points back?
2/23/2019 7:40am
We are from watching the greatest season ever. Webb is a mega talent and his hunger for winning is fantastic, but awkward podium interviews, the Jesus juice, is not giving me hope for an exciting season. Personalities of the riders matters in the formula of “great seasons”, if even a portion of it.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
2/23/2019 7:57am
drt410 wrote:
This season had the most hype of any Ive ever seen and somehow has still FAR surpassed all expectations. I was born in 89 and have...

MX76er wrote:
Go watch 2011 supercross season on YouTube. That was an epic year! Very close all the way to Vegas between villo, reed, dung and Stewart. Lost...
Go watch 2011 supercross season on YouTube. That was an epic year! Very close all the way to Vegas between villo, reed, dung and Stewart. Lost of race winners that year too!
Wasn’t RV walking away with the championship that year until late in the season when he didn’t qualify for the main?
2/23/2019 8:11am
DF313 wrote:
I get Ricky was a great racer, but do you think it's him, or the broadcast team that somehow gets him to mention how great he...
CPR wrote:
Can't exactly remember now how it would of went- thought Reed would have won if RC didn't get the fuel points back?
It was Reed
CPR
2/23/2019 3:15pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2019 3:16pm
It was Reed
blusmbl wrote:
https://racerxonline.com/results/2006/sx/points They're showing Reed and Stewart tied with points, but Stewart won something like 7 of the races compared to Reed's 1 so I'm assuming Stewart...
https://racerxonline.com/results/2006/sx/points

They're showing Reed and Stewart tied with points, but Stewart won something like 7 of the races compared to Reed's 1 so I'm assuming Stewart would have won the tiebreaker.
Yes but Reed would have picked up two additional points from RC in the race where his fuel test failed. Just all depends how the penalty was formulated.
2/23/2019 3:32pm
I thought the recap was great - thought Ricky was very insightful around the 3:35 mark.

Post a reply to: NBC Discusses Arlington

The Latest