NBC Announces Pro Motocross Pay-Per View Streaming Package

SKlein
5/15/2017 7:22am
It doesn't matter to me how much it is I'm just mad because I watched them all free last year and I do not have a...
It doesn't matter to me how much it is I'm just mad because I watched them all free last year and I do not have a cable provider with any of those channels. People begged and pleaded for this Pay-Per View system because they thought they had to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to watch Motocross. But now because of that the people who knew how to use it are the ones who get screwed?

Sorry you got roped into paying $150 to watch SX, but if you learned to use your computer a little better I'm sure you could have saved a bit of cash. Wink
The same can be said about Jorge the computer wizard, you'll have no troubles finding one of the many streams people post weekly for the events so there's no need to be upset about others benefiting from this. You'll figure it out.
JM485
5/15/2017 7:34am
tingo wrote:
Roped into paying? Saved a bit of cash? You're now getting "screwed" because you might have to pay for something that you want? Goodness, man. Entitlement...
Roped into paying? Saved a bit of cash? You're now getting "screwed" because you might have to pay for something that you want? Goodness, man. Entitlement running deep. If you learned to use your crowbar a little better, I'm sure you could score a free TV to go with your free motocross.

Pay-per-view is a great alternative for those that don't want to pay the high cost of a cable provider. I dropped cable (we rarely watched all of the channels it provided) and picked up a Sling account to watch SX for $25 a month. $50 for all of the outdoors is a smoking deal.
When someone takes away something that was "free" last year (not really free since you had to have a cable provider), and now makes you pay for it, then yes that is getting screwed. I'm pissed and so are a lot of others, you can try to justify it all you want but I'm not exactly rolling in cash and spending $50 on something I didn't have to pay extra for the last few years just so I can watch the races pisses me off.
TXDirt
5/15/2017 7:41am
JMFNB wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/05/13/194883/s1200_IMG_1125.jpg[/img] I was just browsing the widgets on my Apple TV. Under the NBCSN app there is an AMA PRO MOTOCROSS icon. When I clicked to...

I was just browsing the widgets on my Apple TV. Under the NBCSN app there is an AMA PRO MOTOCROSS icon. When I clicked to see what was "on file" I got a message that said "motocross looks to be a little low on videos try another sport" NO! NBCSN I won't try another sport. My question is, does anyone have any info if the 50$ stream pass will air the live and on demand content into the NBCSN app on Apple TV? If so, there would be no question on my purchase. Thanks in advance!
My understanding is what you will need the NBCSports Gold app. This is not the same as the NBCSports app used last year. They are two different apps and the motocross package will only be available on the NBCSports Gold App.
early
Fantasy
2139th
5/15/2017 7:48am
JMFNB wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/05/13/194883/s1200_IMG_1125.jpg[/img] I was just browsing the widgets on my Apple TV. Under the NBCSN app there is an AMA PRO MOTOCROSS icon. When I clicked to...

I was just browsing the widgets on my Apple TV. Under the NBCSN app there is an AMA PRO MOTOCROSS icon. When I clicked to see what was "on file" I got a message that said "motocross looks to be a little low on videos try another sport" NO! NBCSN I won't try another sport. My question is, does anyone have any info if the 50$ stream pass will air the live and on demand content into the NBCSN app on Apple TV? If so, there would be no question on my purchase. Thanks in advance!
TXDirt wrote:
My understanding is what you will need the NBCSports Gold app. This is not the same as the NBCSports app used last year. They are two...
My understanding is what you will need the NBCSports Gold app. This is not the same as the NBCSports app used last year. They are two different apps and the motocross package will only be available on the NBCSports Gold App.
There is a seperate nbc sports gold app available for android and amazon firestick. Not sure about apple or roku but i assume there is an app on those platforms as well.

The Shop

tingo
5/15/2017 8:14am
JM485 wrote:
When someone takes away something that was "free" last year (not really free since you had to have a cable provider), and now makes you pay...
When someone takes away something that was "free" last year (not really free since you had to have a cable provider), and now makes you pay for it, then yes that is getting screwed. I'm pissed and so are a lot of others, you can try to justify it all you want but I'm not exactly rolling in cash and spending $50 on something I didn't have to pay extra for the last few years just so I can watch the races pisses me off.
Motos are still televised (MAVTV and NBCSN), just not always live. On the bright side, set your DVR and skip the commercials.

http://www.promotocross.com/mx/tv-schedule
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
5/15/2017 8:15am
Cheese and rice, I'm trying to find what time the races start on Saturday. I've found every bit of information available about where to go, where to stay, blah blah blah, but no start time. I know they are available "live and on demand", but what time do the first motos start? TIA
SKlein
5/15/2017 8:43am
TbonesPop wrote:
Cheese and rice, I'm trying to find what time the races start on Saturday. I've found every bit of information available about where to go, where...
Cheese and rice, I'm trying to find what time the races start on Saturday. I've found every bit of information available about where to go, where to stay, blah blah blah, but no start time. I know they are available "live and on demand", but what time do the first motos start? TIA
MXerDW
5/15/2017 8:46am
TbonesPop wrote:
Cheese and rice, I'm trying to find what time the races start on Saturday. I've found every bit of information available about where to go, where...
etccb
5/15/2017 9:05am
Those of you that bash anyone that has the nerve to complain about this and just pay up are the reason this type of thing happens and the target audience. I wont be paying for it but you can, have a good time.
kawirider819
5/15/2017 9:06am
Anyone know if this will be HD? Didn't see that advertised anywhere.
JM485
5/15/2017 10:22am
tingo wrote:
Motos are still televised (MAVTV and NBCSN), just not always live. On the bright side, set your DVR and skip the commercials.

http://www.promotocross.com/mx/tv-schedule
disbanded wrote:
This is how I roll, tingo. Keepin it real.
That would be great if I had MavTV, but I don't, so the only way I can watch the first motos is to pay the $50 tax. Now are you understanding why myself and a lot of others are a little pissed off?
DPW
5/15/2017 10:46am
jeffro503 wrote:
This kinda pisses me off for my Aussie and NZL brothers! Why in the world would those countries get blocked? Best bet.....get a VPN blocker and...
This kinda pisses me off for my Aussie and NZL brothers! Why in the world would those countries get blocked?

Best bet.....get a VPN blocker and get that thing to work!
EZZA 95B wrote:
If that's the case, I hope there are better options than Hola? It was making my mac do funky shit!DizzyLaughing
Motofinne wrote:
There are lots of good VPNs, i use Freedome everyday!
https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn works great been using for years
5/15/2017 11:04am
SKlein wrote:
The same can be said about Jorge the computer wizard, you'll have no troubles finding one of the many streams people post weekly for the events...
The same can be said about Jorge the computer wizard, you'll have no troubles finding one of the many streams people post weekly for the events so there's no need to be upset about others benefiting from this. You'll figure it out.
I'm definitely not upset from others benefiting, plenty of people asked for it so it's great to see they listened and added it. I'm pretty cheap haha so I wasn't exactly pleased with them removing basically any free way to watch (where I live in Canada there is not a single TV provider that offers any of those channels). Not to mention that $50 USD turns out to be like $70 CAD as I'm sure any Canadian at this point knows all too well about the exchange rate.

Sorry if I came across as a dick, I'm just hoping I can still watch without forking out the $70 somehow but I think I'm going to be SOL.
RCMXracing
5/15/2017 11:21am
Well, this sucks. Just bought it, trying to watch old motos and NOPE! Get an error saying it isn't part of my subscription, but some of them work. Hangtown 2016 1st 250 Moto works but none of the other hangtown motos play! Completely random and frustrating. Did all the typical things, rebooted (newest Apple TV), even re-activated NBC gold account, no joy.
NOT PLEASED!
DPW
5/15/2017 3:09pm
RCMXracing wrote:
Well, this sucks. Just bought it, trying to watch old motos and NOPE! Get an error saying it isn't part of my subscription, but some of...
Well, this sucks. Just bought it, trying to watch old motos and NOPE! Get an error saying it isn't part of my subscription, but some of them work. Hangtown 2016 1st 250 Moto works but none of the other hangtown motos play! Completely random and frustrating. Did all the typical things, rebooted (newest Apple TV), even re-activated NBC gold account, no joy.
NOT PLEASED!
Just signed up also and I'm able to access the old races from the NBC website NP. I haven't tried from the Apple TV yet
8tensolutions
5/15/2017 3:42pm
JM485 wrote:
That would be great if I had MavTV, but I don't, so the only way I can watch the first motos is to pay the $50...
That would be great if I had MavTV, but I don't, so the only way I can watch the first motos is to pay the $50 tax. Now are you understanding why myself and a lot of others are a little pissed off?
$50 tax??? Think about what you just said. If you don't have MavTV, whose fault is that? DirectTv offers it as do others. That's like complaining your car isn't as fast as the guy next to you because you "don't" have the horsepower. You get what you pay for and if whoever you use for entertainment doesn't offer channels important to you, the only one at fault is looking back at you in the mirror.

I compare the stream to NFL Sunday Ticket. Even though you could watch some games, you can watch all of them on Sunday Ticket in full HD with other benefits. I personally care enough about the sport to spend the $50 to eliminate the commercials, and I DO have MavTV. I understand I can fast forward through them, but I would rather continue watching the race instead of missing 5-10 min of each moto.

Some of you need to realize stuff isn't free.
5/15/2017 3:46pm
etccb wrote:
Those of you that bash anyone that has the nerve to complain about this and just pay up are the reason this type of thing happens...
Those of you that bash anyone that has the nerve to complain about this and just pay up are the reason this type of thing happens and the target audience. I wont be paying for it but you can, have a good time.
Dear Dead Terrorist Bro,

I'm not bashing you. It's just that your previous complaint was shown to be bogus. It appears your major complaint is having to get off fifty bucks.

Rest assured, I will enjoy myself.
etccb
5/15/2017 3:56pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2017 3:57pm
etccb wrote:
Those of you that bash anyone that has the nerve to complain about this and just pay up are the reason this type of thing happens...
Dear Dead Terrorist Bro, I'm not bashing you. It's just that your previous complaint was shown to be bogus. It appears your major complaint is having...
Dear Dead Terrorist Bro,

I'm not bashing you. It's just that your previous complaint was shown to be bogus. It appears your major complaint is having to get off fifty bucks.

I was referring to the real normal tv schedule that was just recently released when talking about the delay rounds not the pay $50 schedule. There was nothing bogus about my post.
5/15/2017 4:00pm
etccb wrote:
Dear Dead Terrorist Bro, I'm not bashing you. It's just that your previous complaint was shown to be bogus. It appears your major complaint is having...
Dear Dead Terrorist Bro,

etccb wrote:
I was referring to the real normal tv schedule that was just recently released when talking about the delay rounds not the pay $50 schedule. There...
I was referring to the real normal tv schedule that was just recently released when talking about the delay rounds not the pay $50 schedule. There was nothing bogus about my post.
Ok. Thanks for explaining, Dead Terrorist Bro.
JM485
5/15/2017 5:33pm
$50 tax??? Think about what you just said. If you don't have MavTV, whose fault is that? DirectTv offers it as do others. That's like complaining...
$50 tax??? Think about what you just said. If you don't have MavTV, whose fault is that? DirectTv offers it as do others. That's like complaining your car isn't as fast as the guy next to you because you "don't" have the horsepower. You get what you pay for and if whoever you use for entertainment doesn't offer channels important to you, the only one at fault is looking back at you in the mirror.

I compare the stream to NFL Sunday Ticket. Even though you could watch some games, you can watch all of them on Sunday Ticket in full HD with other benefits. I personally care enough about the sport to spend the $50 to eliminate the commercials, and I DO have MavTV. I understand I can fast forward through them, but I would rather continue watching the race instead of missing 5-10 min of each moto.

Some of you need to realize stuff isn't free.
Holy hell I can't believe I'm going to have to explain this again, but here we go.

I, and a lot of others, aren't pissed because we don't have Mav, or whatever provider, or that they're offering a ppv package. What we're pissed about, and rightfully so, is that we were able to watch all of the races last year, and for many years before that, without issue or having to buy a bs "subscription" just to see them. Last year I would catch practice or a moto live whenever I could, but if I was out riding I would just watch the replays that they posted up very quickly, it was awesome and I never had a complaint about it. Now, to do the exact same thing I did last year, I have to pay a $50 tax (or fee, or whatever the hell anyone wants to call it) just to get the same service.

I love how you guys are so quick to defend anyone or any company in this industry. So it's my fault that they're screwing people over and took away something I've enjoyed and used for years huh? Like someone said above, the reason this crap happens is because some of you are so willing to just roll over and take this stuff, and I can't figure out why. If they offered the ppv package on top of the regular offerings they had before I'd be all for it, but to strong arm people into buying it is just a straight up joke.
etccb
5/15/2017 5:44pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2017 6:11pm
Well said jm. Sums it up fairly well. I am not sure why there are some people upset with this opinion. If people are so overjoyed and don't say anything this lugo model could be 55 next year and then and then... I stand by the statement that this is not the way to help the sport grow. Also the old way would help 2nd moto tv views by getting people engaged in the event through the day leading up to the telecast. A good idea for those that could not watch it the way it was last year but a wrong money grab decision in the big picture the way it is set up in my personal opinion.
SKlein
5/15/2017 6:26pm
etccb wrote:
Well said jm. Sums it up fairly well. I am not sure why there are some people upset with this opinion. If people are so overjoyed...
Well said jm. Sums it up fairly well. I am not sure why there are some people upset with this opinion. If people are so overjoyed and don't say anything this lugo model could be 55 next year and then and then... I stand by the statement that this is not the way to help the sport grow. Also the old way would help 2nd moto tv views by getting people engaged in the event through the day leading up to the telecast. A good idea for those that could not watch it the way it was last year but a wrong money grab decision in the big picture the way it is set up in my personal opinion.
You guys act like there's not a plethora of "free" streams around. Not to mention this PPV package will only produce more higher quality "free" streams to find. Honestly, take the time to consider that maybe this is a test on NBC's part to see how a new platform does for the sport instead of having a bitch fest over it. Not to mention the season hasn't even started yet and you're already counting it out.
8tensolutions
5/15/2017 6:31pm
JM485 wrote:
Holy hell I can't believe I'm going to have to explain this again, but here we go. I, and a lot of others, aren't pissed because...
Holy hell I can't believe I'm going to have to explain this again, but here we go.

I, and a lot of others, aren't pissed because we don't have Mav, or whatever provider, or that they're offering a ppv package. What we're pissed about, and rightfully so, is that we were able to watch all of the races last year, and for many years before that, without issue or having to buy a bs "subscription" just to see them. Last year I would catch practice or a moto live whenever I could, but if I was out riding I would just watch the replays that they posted up very quickly, it was awesome and I never had a complaint about it. Now, to do the exact same thing I did last year, I have to pay a $50 tax (or fee, or whatever the hell anyone wants to call it) just to get the same service.

I love how you guys are so quick to defend anyone or any company in this industry. So it's my fault that they're screwing people over and took away something I've enjoyed and used for years huh? Like someone said above, the reason this crap happens is because some of you are so willing to just roll over and take this stuff, and I can't figure out why. If they offered the ppv package on top of the regular offerings they had before I'd be all for it, but to strong arm people into buying it is just a straight up joke.
So because you got a free lunch for years and now its gone, you are mad. Gotcha.

If you miss an NFL Game, can you just log onto NFL.com and watch it anytime you want?

The issue is everyone complains when content isn't free in an industry where everyone wants huge discounts on everything, complains about ticket prices to events, and wants two strokes back because they are "cheaper".

I am sure you're the same guy that buys all your parts online and then wants the dealer to install them for you cheap and sell you a bike at cost.

The answer for you is to get a provider that carries MavTV and DVR the motos. The fact that you choose not to do that and complain because there aren't free replays is laughable at best.
suprtrukr425
5/15/2017 7:14pm
I'm sick of seeing people saying to quit bitching about this. Some people are getting screwed here, myself included. I have ONE cable provider option in my apartment complex, no satelite options. While I do get NBCSN they do not offer MAVTV, at all. Some people don't have $50 to throw around, myself included. Now I am forced to pay if I want to watch the first motos because there is NO other way that I can get them, even though I already get raped by the cable company every month. Maybe I could cancel the cable to pay for it...oh shit wait I can't because then I would have no internet. I guess instead of buying my ticket for Budds this year I will have to spend it on this instead.
JM485
5/15/2017 7:36pm
So because you got a free lunch for years and now its gone, you are mad. Gotcha. If you miss an NFL Game, can you just...
So because you got a free lunch for years and now its gone, you are mad. Gotcha.

If you miss an NFL Game, can you just log onto NFL.com and watch it anytime you want?

The issue is everyone complains when content isn't free in an industry where everyone wants huge discounts on everything, complains about ticket prices to events, and wants two strokes back because they are "cheaper".

I am sure you're the same guy that buys all your parts online and then wants the dealer to install them for you cheap and sell you a bike at cost.

The answer for you is to get a provider that carries MavTV and DVR the motos. The fact that you choose not to do that and complain because there aren't free replays is laughable at best.
Alright, I'm not gonna play this stupid game with you anymore. I understand high school economics buzz words and phrases, there was no free lunch since it required a cable log in, and there are adds to offset the cost. Let's clue you in a little bit on where I'm coming from, so we don't have any more confusion and you can stop acting like an ass toward me.

My local dealer is over an hour away, but I still make an effort to support them and order all of my OEM parts from them, even though it takes a little longer and might be a little more expensive. Since I'm not exactly rolling in cash, I install everything myself, and learn all I can to help myself save money. I just started doing my own shocks because I realized it was getting really expensive to pay to have them serviced in a reasonable time span, and luckily there are some really great local tuners who were very helpful in showing me the basics and providing guidance since I had a good relationship with them. Sometimes people still help each other out, rather than screw each other over.

As for discounts, I've asked for a total of 0 in my career, and I'll do a full disclosure for you just to really drive the point home. I have a couple small discounts through Cycle Gear (which they offered me after being a regular customer for years), and EKS Brand (which I applied for like everyone else, and have had increase over the span of a few years since I've been loyal to them). Unless you're racing full time most companies just aren't really interested, which is fine so I just buy stuff like everyone else. So tell me again how I want deep discounts on everything and don't support the industry, and I'm just some entitled prick. I'll wait.

So again, I'll explain this out. Nothing is free, it wasn't free before, but now to get exactly what was offered previously you have to pay extra. NBC doesn't care about this industry, they just saw a convenient way to strong arm people into paying more for something they already had, and people are eating it up like pie. If they would have offered this option in addition to the free package I might have bought it just for the commercial free streaming, but since they tried to force my hand I'm probably out. If you think I'm an idiot for that, fine, but I'm not going to let you insinuate a bunch of things about me that aren't true.
SKlein
5/15/2017 9:38pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2017 9:39pm
I'm sick of seeing people saying to quit bitching about this. Some people are getting screwed here, myself included. I have ONE cable provider option in...
I'm sick of seeing people saying to quit bitching about this. Some people are getting screwed here, myself included. I have ONE cable provider option in my apartment complex, no satelite options. While I do get NBCSN they do not offer MAVTV, at all. Some people don't have $50 to throw around, myself included. Now I am forced to pay if I want to watch the first motos because there is NO other way that I can get them, even though I already get raped by the cable company every month. Maybe I could cancel the cable to pay for it...oh shit wait I can't because then I would have no internet. I guess instead of buying my ticket for Budds this year I will have to spend it on this instead.
"there is NO other way that I can get them"

Are you incapable of finding one of the stream links people post on this forum for nearly every round?
Prntscrn
5/15/2017 11:57pm
Sick! Good pricing aswell Cool
suprtrukr425
5/16/2017 2:03am
I'm sick of seeing people saying to quit bitching about this. Some people are getting screwed here, myself included. I have ONE cable provider option in...
SKlein wrote:
"there is NO other way that I can get them" Are you incapable of finding one of the stream links people post on this forum for...
"there is NO other way that I can get them"

Are you incapable of finding one of the stream links people post on this forum for nearly every round?
Yes
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
5/16/2017 2:14am
I wish I could argue about having options to watch the race.SadLaughing

Post a reply to: NBC Announces Pro Motocross Pay-Per View Streaming Package

The Latest