NBC Announces Pro Motocross Pay-Per View Streaming Package

JM485
4/25/2017 3:01pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2017 3:02pm
etccb wrote:
Everyone involved likes to talk about bringing in new viewers, new riders and growing the sport and the sports tv audience. Taking what was free and...
Everyone involved likes to talk about bringing in new viewers, new riders and growing the sport and the sports tv audience. Taking what was free and easy online last year and making it a pay per view package is not an effort to bring in new people.
SKlein wrote:
What MXGP has done is pretty damn effective. If they are trying to bring in new viewers to US MX, sure a free moto per event...
What MXGP has done is pretty damn effective. If they are trying to bring in new viewers to US MX, sure a free moto per event wouldn't hurt. However I'd take a guess a new viewer doesn't want to watch 40% commercials during a race either. This is a great step forward for the sport.
Having to pay $50 to watch is not going to bring any new viewers in. Maybe international guys who already try to watch (which might be what you meant, I wasn't sure), but not totally new people.

If they are just adding this in addition to the free stream and the regular tv broadcast then I think it's great, if someone could definitively confirm this it would be even better. . .

If they are getting rid of the free stream and only offering this, then that blows.
4/25/2017 7:24pm
etccb wrote:
So they took away what was free last year and what I did every Saturday. Thanks for ruining my outdoors excitement. Everyone is stoked and giving...
So they took away what was free last year and what I did every Saturday. Thanks for ruining my outdoors excitement. Everyone is stoked and giving them props for doing a money grab (to us in the US) imo. promotocross .com and nbc online was too good to be true.
This right here. I would watch all the motos without commercials late Saturday or Sunday. All the races from the last couple of years were archived and I could watch 'em again and again. Now the same thing is fifty bucks. My opinion is, "fuck NBC and Lucas Oil," but I was wondering when this would happen because it seemed too good to last. Maybe I'll pay, but maybe I'll just hope they'll make it to yootoob.
VoR
5/2/2017 2:34pm
bumpski
5/9/2017 1:20am
Bummer, only able to purchase through a credit card which is very uncommon in The Netherlands :/

Wish there was a PayPal option...

The Shop

Ando51
5/9/2017 3:03am
Damn, Foxtel in Australia better show every race!
TXDirt
5/9/2017 4:23am Edited Date/Time 5/9/2017 4:27am
According to the TV Guide first motos will be Live on MavTv and second motos will be live on the NBC Sports channel.

So the Nbc Sports subscription app is new and does not replace the Live TV package.
Fearo
5/9/2017 5:18am
1969: Man lands on moon.

2017: Cannot legally watch American motocross in Belgium.
jmx411
5/9/2017 5:26am
TXDirt wrote:
According to the TV Guide first motos will be Live on MavTv and second motos will be live on the NBC Sports channel. So the Nbc...
According to the TV Guide first motos will be Live on MavTv and second motos will be live on the NBC Sports channel.

So the Nbc Sports subscription app is new and does not replace the Live TV package.
But you don't have to deal with any commercials and get to watch practice and qualifying races.
TXDirt
5/9/2017 6:04am
TXDirt wrote:
According to the TV Guide first motos will be Live on MavTv and second motos will be live on the NBC Sports channel. So the Nbc...

jmx411 wrote:
But you don't have to deal with any commercials and get to watch practice and qualifying races.
Correct.

So for the last few years you could generally watch commercial free using the NBC Sports app. This was free to use BUT required a TV Subscription to login to verify you. The motos were commercial free. There were commercials between motos if I recall.

So it seems like the only change is that now to watch the motos at all on the NBC Sports app you will need a standalone subscription. You don't need to login using a cable TV subscription. It's completely standalone and will be commercial free.

As normal, the first motos will air on MAVTV and second motos will be on NBC Sports channel.

Hope that helps clear up and confusion.

The only remaining question might be can I still use the NBC Sports app and login using my cable TV service and still watch the motos with intermittent commercials like I could in the past or will I only be able to use the NBC Sports app with a paid standalone subscription service to the Motocross package.
pmshortt2
5/9/2017 6:33am
copsey wrote:
You should check this out.

ATT Wireless Home Internet
Glad you posted this. I can't get wired internet where I live and Verizon 4g mifi sucks since they came out with unlimited and there network got over congested. I might have to switch to this Sideways apparently is $60 a month for 25gb and $100 a month for $50gb. Better prices than Verizon.
wideroad
5/9/2017 8:18am
TXDirt wrote:

jmx411 wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Correct. So for the last few years you could generally watch commercial free using the NBC Sports app. This was free to use BUT required a...
Correct.

So for the last few years you could generally watch commercial free using the NBC Sports app. This was free to use BUT required a TV Subscription to login to verify you. The motos were commercial free. There were commercials between motos if I recall.

So it seems like the only change is that now to watch the motos at all on the NBC Sports app you will need a standalone subscription. You don't need to login using a cable TV subscription. It's completely standalone and will be commercial free.

As normal, the first motos will air on MAVTV and second motos will be on NBC Sports channel.

The only remaining question might be can I still use the NBC Sports app and login using my cable TV service and still watch the motos with intermittent commercials like I could in the past or will I only be able to use the NBC Sports app with a paid standalone subscription service to the Motocross package.
From the promotocross.com/mx/live FAQ on the NBC sport gold pro motocross:

Can I use my cable TV provider login to access live streams just like I did last year?

No, you can no longer watch the live streams using your cable TV provider login on the NBC Sports app. Live, on-demand and commercial-free streams will only be accessible with the NBC Sports Gold Pro Motocross Pass. Check your local TV listings for Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on NBC, NBCSN and MAVTV.
TXDirt
5/9/2017 8:26am
jmx411 wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Correct. So for the last few years you could generally watch commercial free using the NBC Sports app. This was free to use BUT required a...
Correct.

wideroad wrote:
From the promotocross.com/mx/live FAQ on the NBC sport gold pro motocross: Can I use my cable TV provider login to access live streams just like I...
From the promotocross.com/mx/live FAQ on the NBC sport gold pro motocross:

Can I use my cable TV provider login to access live streams just like I did last year?

No, you can no longer watch the live streams using your cable TV provider login on the NBC Sports app. Live, on-demand and commercial-free streams will only be accessible with the NBC Sports Gold Pro Motocross Pass. Check your local TV listings for Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship on NBC, NBCSN and MAVTV.
Thanks for clearing that up!
5/9/2017 8:35am
Fearo wrote:
1969: Man lands on moon.

2017: Cannot legally watch American motocross in Belgium.
Yep... I'm really not happy about this at all. Somebody take my money i wanna see it all live!!

I wonder if it will be Geo - Blocked for us. i supose VPN's could do the trick but sigh ...
elementmx
5/9/2017 9:04am
BULLSHIT that you can't watch with your cable subscription. i'm not going to pay $50 just to watch the races when i already pay for cable.

won't be watching outdoors. nice move guys.
yzinger
5/10/2017 10:30am
I love this ONLY if the following statements are true.

Will the races be posted and available to watch early evening on Saturday race days?

Will you be able to start these archived races and press pause to let it cache incase you might have slow internet?

Will they be in HD?

...I am from Canada and lest year I see ZERO motos. So, for the international folks this is great. If you already have MAv and NBCSN then you will watch it live while the rest of us ride and then watch the races at night.
Feldspar
5/12/2017 7:14am
chrisg19 wrote:
Signed up! I kind of like this part as well. [b]"In addition to the 2017 season, fans can access full event replays of the 2016 and...
Signed up!

I kind of like this part as well.
"In addition to the 2017 season, fans can access full event replays of the 2016 and 2015 seasons".

Once I logged in, it had all the motos listed under Replays from 2015-2016, but clicking on any video just brought me to the NBC Sports Homepage. I guess they will get it sorted soon.

The question is when will the replays be available? I can't always watch live and would like to see the races later in the day or at night. I am not paying $50 to have to wait until the next day to watch the replay. MXGP has the race replay up within minutes after the race is over.

I emailed NBC sports gold about this.
etccb
5/12/2017 9:58am
The tv schedule is up and it looks like about 5 rounds wont even have live tv coverage of the 2nd motos. I wont be buying it. This does not help the tv viewing numbers and casual fan base grow and a lot of those that normally watch will become more disconnected from the idea if it is not always there for them.

Here is the only 50 you will be getting from my son and I. What a shame.
$$$$$ $$$$$ $$$$$ $$$$$ $$$$$
5/12/2017 10:02am
etccb wrote:
The tv schedule is up and it looks like about 5 rounds wont even have live tv coverage of the 2nd motos. I wont be buying...
The tv schedule is up and it looks like about 5 rounds wont even have live tv coverage of the 2nd motos. I wont be buying it. This does not help the tv viewing numbers and casual fan base grow and a lot of those that normally watch will become more disconnected from the idea if it is not always there for them.

Here is the only 50 you will be getting from my son and I. What a shame.
Dead Terrorist Bro...

Please go back and read the original post. I don't know what you think you're seeing, but go back and read Michael's original post.
JMFNB
5/13/2017 10:21am
ML512 wrote:
The AMA Nationals join the MXGP series with an online pay-per view streaming package. Check out the details below. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/04/24/190144/s1200_Screen_Shot_2017_04_24_at_9.15.22_AM.jpg[/img] Link to the package: http://www.nbcsports.com/gold/nbc-sports-gold-packages-prices?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_campaign=Newsletter%2B2017-04-24 DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER...
The AMA Nationals join the MXGP series with an online pay-per view streaming package. Check out the details below.

Link to the package: http://www.nbcsports.com/gold/nbc-sports-gold-packages-prices?utm_mediu…

DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER LIVE STREAMING PRODUCT NBC SPORTS GOLD INTRODUCES "PRO MOTOCROSS PASS" WITH ACCESS TO ENTIRE LUCAS OIL PRO MOTOCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON

Qualifiers, Moto 1s and Moto 2s Available Live, On-Demand and Commercial-Free with New "Pro Motocross Pass"
Pass Available for Purchase in the U.S. and 13 International Territories
NBC Sports Gold "Pro Motocross Pass" Available for $49.99

STAMFORD, Conn. - April 24, 2017 - NBC Sports Gold -- NBC Sports Digital's direct-to-consumer live streaming product -- is launching a "Pro Motocross Pass," giving fans access to the entire 2017 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship season. The direct-to-consumer pass, powered by Playmaker Media, will offer fans commercial-free coverage, live and on-demand, online, on mobile, tablets and connected TV devices.

NBC Sports Gold's"Pro Motocross Pass" features every race in the 2017 season, which begins with the Hangtown Motocross Classic on May 20, including Qualifiers, Moto 1s and Moto 2s. In addition to the 2017 season, fans can access full event replays of the 2016 and 2015 seasons. The "Pro Motocross Pass" can be purchased in advance in the U.S. and 13 international territories for $49.99 starting today by visiting NBCSportsGold.com.

Qualifiers, Moto 1s and Moto 2s Available Live, On-Demand and Commercial-Free with New
Qualifiers, Moto 1s and Moto 2s Available Live, On-Demand and Commercial-Free with New "Pro Motocross Pass"
"We're excited to offer motocross fans this unprecedented amount of content, with the added flexibility to enjoy it on the platform of their choice with NBC Sports Gold," said Portia Archer, Vice President, Direct-to-Consumer Services, NBC Sports Group.

"This is a great development for the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, and we're very pleased to be working with NBC Sports to distribute our quality racing content worldwide," said Davey Coombs, President of series organizer MX Sports Pro Racing. "We also appreciate the fact that all of this content is being offered to motocross fans in a package we think is very affordable."

In the U.S., NBC Sports Gold is available on Apple iOS, Android, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast and online at ProMotocross.com/live and NBCSportsGold.com. Fans in 13 different international territories can also purchase the "Pro Motocross Pass":

Austria
Canada
Denmark
Germany*
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Sweden
Switzerland
Spain*
United Kingdom
*Pricing in native currency

International coverage will be available on Apple iOS and Android devices, and online at NBCSportsGold.com. NBC Sports Gold is powered by Playmaker Media, NBC Sports Digital's technology service which provides end-to-end support for companies in need of best-in-class live streaming and VOD solutions.

NBC SPORTS GOLD "PRO MOTOCROSS PASS" SCHEDULE:

Date Event
Sat., May 20 Hangtown Motocross Classic
Sat., May 27 Glen Helen National
Sat., June 3 Thunder Valley National
Sat., June 17 High Point National
Sat., June 24 Tennessee National
Sat., July 1 RedBud National
Sat., July 8 Southwick National
Sat., July 22 Spring Creek National
Sat., July 29 Washougal National
Sat., Aug. 12 Unadilla National
Sat., Aug. 19 Budds Creek National
Sat., Aug. 26 Ironman National

NBC SPORTS GOLD

NBC Sports Gold -- NBC Sports Digital's direct-to-consumer live streaming product --launched in 2016 with a "Cycling Pass," which included the 2016 Tour de France, Vuelta a España, Monument Classics such as the Paris Robaix, and more. Earlier this month, NBC Sports Gold expanded its offerings to include a "Track and Field Pass," which offers access to more than 25 major events, and a "Rugby Pass," which includes access to every Aviva Premiership Rugby match from Round 19 through the 2016-17 season Final. Click here for more information.

Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship

The Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, sanctioned by AMA Pro Racing, features the world's fastest outdoor motocross racers, racing aboard the best bikes each factory offers, on the roughest, toughest tracks in the world. The 12-rounds series begins at Hangtown in May and ends at Indiana's Ironman Raceway in August. It includes stops at the premier motocross racing facilities in America, with events in California, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Michigan, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, Washington, New York and Indiana. The pro riders race on Saturday afternoon, with competition divided into two classes: one for 250cc machines, and one for 450cc machines. The Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship is managed by MX Sports Pro Racing, the industry leader in off-road power sports event production. The series is televised on NBC, NBCSN and MAVTV and streamed live on NBC Sports Live Extra. Series partners include Lucas Oil (series title sponsor), Red Bull, GoPro, WPS, Fly Racing, GEICO Motorcycle, Kawasaki, Motorcycle Superstore, FRAM, KTM, Oakley, FMF, Deltran Battery Tender, Pirelli, Suzuki, Husqvarna, Pivot Works, Vertex, ProGrip, EBC Brakes, KMC Wheels, MotionPro, VP Racing Fuels, Acerbis and Racer X. More information can be found at www.ProMotocross.com.

I was just browsing the widgets on my Apple TV. Under the NBCSN app there is an AMA PRO MOTOCROSS icon. When I clicked to see what was "on file" I got a message that said "motocross looks to be a little low on videos try another sport" NO! NBCSN I won't try another sport. My question is, does anyone have any info if the 50$ stream pass will air the live and on demand content into the NBCSN app on Apple TV? If so, there would be no question on my purchase. Thanks in advance!
stewie94
5/13/2017 10:34am
is quali practice still goona be free to watch?
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
5/13/2017 11:11am
It's 50 bucks! Good grief, can't believe some people are actually complaining about Live, On Demand and commercial free coverage of the outdoor nationals. Just because you pay 100+ a month for chicken shit commercial ridden channels doesn't justify that you deserve something you got in the past.

The landscape of media and the way it is delivered is changing. I just paid 150.00 with playstation vue to watch supercross for 5 months. With NBC sports gold service, that's $2.08 a moto when I paid 4 times as much to watch SX with the bare bones VUE service at 29.99/month.

Delete your post if you complained about any aspect of this service for $4.16 a race. If that isn't in your moto budget then just quit.
5/13/2017 11:35am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2017 12:43pm
Markee wrote:
It's 50 bucks! Good grief, can't believe some people are actually complaining about Live, On Demand and commercial free coverage of the outdoor nationals. Just because...
It's 50 bucks! Good grief, can't believe some people are actually complaining about Live, On Demand and commercial free coverage of the outdoor nationals. Just because you pay 100+ a month for chicken shit commercial ridden channels doesn't justify that you deserve something you got in the past.

The landscape of media and the way it is delivered is changing. I just paid 150.00 with playstation vue to watch supercross for 5 months. With NBC sports gold service, that's $2.08 a moto when I paid 4 times as much to watch SX with the bare bones VUE service at 29.99/month.

Delete your post if you complained about any aspect of this service for $4.16 a race. If that isn't in your moto budget then just quit.
It doesn't matter to me how much it is I'm just mad because I watched them all free last year and I do not have a cable provider with any of those channels. People begged and pleaded for this Pay-Per View system because they thought they had to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to watch Motocross. But now because of that the people who knew how to use it are the ones who get screwed?

Sorry you got roped into paying $150 to watch SX, but if you learned to use your computer a little better I'm sure you could have saved a bit of cash. Wink
5/13/2017 11:48am
Markee wrote:
It's 50 bucks! Good grief, can't believe some people are actually complaining about Live, On Demand and commercial free coverage of the outdoor nationals. Just because...

You rock Markee!
dantking
5/13/2017 11:54am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2017 1:43am
pmshortt2 wrote:
Glad you posted this. I can't get wired internet where I live and Verizon 4g mifi sucks since they came out with unlimited and there network...
Glad you posted this. I can't get wired internet where I live and Verizon 4g mifi sucks since they came out with unlimited and there network got over congested. I might have to switch to this Sideways apparently is $60 a month for 25gb and $100 a month for $50gb. Better prices than Verizon.
k
PTECH
5/13/2017 12:46pm
Markee wrote:

I completely agree with all this. I will be happily giving them my $50.
5/14/2017 9:28pm
I may end up ponying up the L note but I won't be happy about it. If anyone runs up on a promotion/coupon code please post it up here.
Buckland
5/15/2017 5:03am
I guess I can understand charging for the package moving forward, but it's kinda shitty to take away the archive of motos we'd already been given access to.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
5/15/2017 5:34am
Markee wrote:

It doesn't matter to me how much it is I'm just mad because I watched them all free last year and I do not have a...
It doesn't matter to me how much it is I'm just mad because I watched them all free last year and I do not have a cable provider with any of those channels. People begged and pleaded for this Pay-Per View system because they thought they had to be a rocket scientist to figure out how to watch Motocross. But now because of that the people who knew how to use it are the ones who get screwed?

Sorry you got roped into paying $150 to watch SX, but if you learned to use your computer a little better I'm sure you could have saved a bit of cash. Wink
I've been there done that with Torrents, Live Streams, Changing VPNs, Kodi add ons, YouTube and Daily motion live streams to uploads day after. I would like to think I'm a little more in the know on sourcing free content.

I have a source to watch a lot of racing free a few days after. Watched Lativa GP last night.

But at the end of the day, that time and effort to try and find streams and uploads has a cost (time/headache) plus the live sources are quite unreliable. I don't pay for traditional cable tv, so internet based services are my thing.

As far as the 150.00 to watch SX, yeah seems like a lot, but add in Arenacross and few other racing events I like, well worth it. Especially when the service has DVR that helps when my work schedule has me working weekends for weeks at a time. BUT, that service (playstation vue) can be stopped and started monthly as needed. No 2 year contracts and other BS. Plus it works awesome, no buffer or drop in HD.
tingo
5/15/2017 7:05am
It doesn't matter to me how much it is I'm just mad because I watched them all free last year and I do not have a...

Roped into paying? Saved a bit of cash? You're now getting "screwed" because you might have to pay for something that you want? Goodness, man. Entitlement running deep. If you learned to use your crowbar a little better, I'm sure you could score a free TV to go with your free motocross.

Pay-per-view is a great alternative for those that don't want to pay the high cost of a cable provider. I dropped cable (we rarely watched all of the channels it provided) and picked up a Sling account to watch SX for $25 a month. $50 for all of the outdoors is a smoking deal.

Post a reply to: NBC Announces Pro Motocross Pay-Per View Streaming Package

The Latest