NBC

Crush
If you’re listening, it’s been long enough. Find a producer who knows what they’re doing.

Replays of ANYTHING, when two riders are that close, let alone a potential pass for the lead with two laps left, is NEVER EVER OK.

We have the internet. We will see the replays a million times. We never want replays. We want to see the race.
|
Narwhal
2/6/2021 8:03pm
The broadcasts this year have been pretty bad. I don’t know who’s producing the show, but I agree, no one wants to see a fucking replay with a lap to go. Anyone who follows the sport knows what happened last week. Get it fixed.
crusher773
2/6/2021 8:03pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 6:29pm
I agree I was yelling at the TV that we don't need to see that right now. stupid!
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
2/6/2021 8:40pm
I agree, quit trying to be creative, just show the race and have the commentators call the race and quit with the unnecessary blah blah blah.
foreman52
Fantasy
3183rd
2/6/2021 8:49pm
They have been on the glue lately. Showing something that happened week(s) ago during the main event at any point is ridiculous. I almost threw the TV off the wall when the replayed Kenny/Coop race at H3 with under 2-laps to go

The Shop

2/6/2021 9:45pm
For the love of god, why a replay then?

Don’t care about, what anybody said to any reporter during the week or before the race. Unless it’s “ I’m going to smash friese” it never is, instead we get

“I talked to Kens seat upholsterer earlier and he said he really wants to win”

I’m sorry only been watching supercross for seven years but the broadcasting of it is awful. It’s not the announcers either (although not great either) it’s the production. Give these guys some help put some gps trackers on these bikes. Where is he gonna make the pass Ricky? Well (checks data) last lap he was closest here. Where’s he losing time? Check data talk about it.

Instead we are left with making shit up bullshit. Does he like the new crf? Is it consistent? Fuck your storylines you rehearsed in December production meeting. There are 30 guys damn near killing themselves in front of you right now, get excited about it damnit! If they can’t fire them!

The colts have never gone undefeated at home?
Wtf did I just hear? why am I drawn to thinking about the impossibility of any team being undefeated at home in the middle of a great race.

A good broadcast amplifies the moment, supercross doesn’t get that, everything they say and do distracts you from the moment.

bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
2/6/2021 10:29pm
They do it just to screw with us.
Crush
2/7/2021 1:12am
bigk218 wrote:
They do it just to screw with us.
I swear I'd not be surprised... for as much as they make the same mistake.

I wonder does the guy calling the shots have a racing background. Everyone who races or watches knows a pass-back is likely after a pass, even more so with the lead... and ffs, anyone with any common sense should know we want to watch the battle if it's coming down to the wire.

If it's not, show us another battle... but fuck off showing us anything that isn't the actual race. We don't need replays. We just don't. There is more media than any of us can be fucked with, we can find it later if we want. Just show the fucking race.
Motofinne
2/7/2021 1:36am
The producer is a industrybro so we wont get any change there. Just get used to subpar producing and coverage.

I almost lost it when they went back to the Wilson incident ON THE LAST LAP! But hey, look at it as free anger management training.
2/7/2021 1:48am
I could not believe that they showed a replay with less that two laps to go. Were they trying to add drama? Trying to emphasise some stupid fucking narrative between Webb and Roczen? If so, tell the announcers to mention it... like they already did a dozen times. What's going through their heads? "Oh, we need to make this extremely tight race even more exciting?" Well, don't. Just film the guys doing their thing.
philG
2/7/2021 3:41am
Crush wrote:
If you’re listening, it’s been long enough. Find a producer who knows what they’re doing. Replays of ANYTHING, when two riders are that close, let alone...
If you’re listening, it’s been long enough. Find a producer who knows what they’re doing.

Replays of ANYTHING, when two riders are that close, let alone a potential pass for the lead with two laps left, is NEVER EVER OK.

We have the internet. We will see the replays a million times. We never want replays. We want to see the race.
I cannot uovote this enough

SHOW THE FUCKING RACE YOU IDIOT.

The director needs firing . for that . On the spot.
mxracer816
Fantasy
2864th
2/7/2021 4:59am
Did y'all see how well Adam Plessinger did!? The same announcer has screwed the pooch for Aaron at least 3-4 times...To be honest I think it's fucking with Ricky too, I haven't heard him make this many mistakes since his rookie debut!
USA
Fantasy
507th
2/7/2021 5:06am
One thing that bothers me is that the broadcast is still built for TV! Why does it seem like we fans are the only ones that got the memo that supercross switched to Peacock? You don't see this amateur hour American TV crap on the MXGP broadcasts..
cwel11
2/7/2021 5:11am
It really seems like we’ve entered a new era where everyone sucks at their jobs. Customer service in general has hit all time lows it seems. As a paying customer of peacock premium I’d like to say publicly to who’s in charge “You absolutely suck at your job”. I own my own construction business and if I ever treated my customers the way the people in charge of broadcasting these SX races do, I’d be embarrassed and out of business. I’m paying to watch live races, please let me watch an actual live race.
Crush
2/7/2021 6:49am
Just watched the replay... it’s even worse than I thought, they showed the fuckin handshake. Like who gives a fuck mate.
RG1
2/7/2021 8:14am
Supercross continues to be some of the worst produced television you will find right now. On Race Day Live every week we somehow get 10 mins of riders rolling around the track or pulling into the mechanics area, nothing they do on the broadcast surprises me anymore. Having said that, I lost my shit when they cut away from the race for the win with a lap and half to go. Webb said on the podium that he made a mistake at the end and blew the rhythm section, which we never saw. It just boggles the mind, how can anyone who knows anything about TV think that cutting away from the live action at that time was the right thing to do? 99.9% of people who are watching this race also watched Houston 3 races ago, we don’t need to see it again
LKHill
2/7/2021 8:32am Edited Date/Time 2/7/2021 8:33am
How dare you be so critical of them after they kidnapped the sport for us.

NBC FTW!
Snoqualmie
2/7/2021 9:02am
I watched the leaderboard on the left paying attention to the KR / Webb battle. At least I could “see” the gap shrink, change, etc.

Why did I watch the leaderboard? Because the split screen images often had mid pack racers. At least that’s what it seemed like.
nickm
2/7/2021 9:17am Edited Date/Time 2/7/2021 9:18am
Any SX producer should be asked the following question:

Lets say this was NFL, a rivalry like Bears vs. Packers. 20 seconds left in the 4th, on the 5 yard line, its 4th and and goal 6 points separating them. Do you:

A. Show the live game?
B. Immediately flash back to a previous game, showing the winning team and misleading the audience into thinking for a moment that the game you are watching has ended? All in some contrived effort to add drama to a situation that already has all the drama it needs.?

If they pick B toss them into a bottomless pit.

racerx217
2/7/2021 1:35pm
Narwhal wrote:
The broadcasts this year have been pretty bad. I don’t know who’s producing the show, but I agree, no one wants to see a fucking replay...
The broadcasts this year have been pretty bad. I don’t know who’s producing the show, but I agree, no one wants to see a fucking replay with a lap to go. Anyone who follows the sport knows what happened last week. Get it fixed.
I think Ricky said it best, they have a lot of wood to chop.....
matze
Fantasy
3101st
2/7/2021 1:37pm
RG1 wrote:
Supercross continues to be some of the worst produced television you will find right now. On Race Day Live every week we somehow get 10 mins...
Supercross continues to be some of the worst produced television you will find right now. On Race Day Live every week we somehow get 10 mins of riders rolling around the track or pulling into the mechanics area, nothing they do on the broadcast surprises me anymore. Having said that, I lost my shit when they cut away from the race for the win with a lap and half to go. Webb said on the podium that he made a mistake at the end and blew the rhythm section, which we never saw. It just boggles the mind, how can anyone who knows anything about TV think that cutting away from the live action at that time was the right thing to do? 99.9% of people who are watching this race also watched Houston 3 races ago, we don’t need to see it again
I agree with you but actually you can see his mistake Wink It was in the very last rhythm section, which they showed. Watch closely.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
2/8/2021 7:29am
Crush wrote:
If you’re listening, it’s been long enough. Find a producer who knows what they’re doing. Replays of ANYTHING, when two riders are that close, let alone...

philG wrote:
I cannot uovote this enough

SHOW THE FUCKING RACE YOU IDIOT.

The director needs firing . for that . On the spot.
Daniel Blair is a big part of the problem with this as he's the one chirping in Bondo's ear about DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA. Blair loves the DRAMA. So any chance to pimp drama (even if its in the last 2 laps of a close race), they do.
peelout
2/8/2021 8:22am
the NBC broadcast is almost as poor quality as the tracks.

almost.

Post a reply to: NBC

The Latest