My weekend ATV experience

user760a
9/30/2008 8:34pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2012 9:54pm
I rode at a semi local practice track that has weekend hours on sunday- a good , sand based track with a lot of nice jumps and turns. I was having a kick ass time blitzing all the cornfield heros who frequent the place ....right up until I came up on an ATV mounted jackass.

Yes, this facility allows lawn mowers on the track with the bikes.

So this guy was on a KTM quad- (which is the best machine in the universe if your goal is to take every solitary molecule of loose dirt and throw it all the way to the extreme outside of each corner) and he seems to think he is really moving- and in truth he is passing the novice riders on bikes who make up the bulk of the guys out there left and right. I can only hang my head in shame for them

So I come up to dive inside this overgrown go kart piloting dipstick and just then he decides to cut hard to the right and takes my front wheel right out from under me. My bike then got hung up on his big stupid looking nerf bars and he dragged it about 35 feet before he even noticed- douchbag.

So my bike finally falls off his damn stupid quad and the dickface just keeps going. Lucky for him- I was a little hot when I saw that the tractor tires on his quad- usually used to peel out in cowshit I assume, had ripped my radiator shroud off, bent my radiator, bent my shifter into the case, bent my clutch lever, and oddly enough, unthreaded the inspection plug on my magneto cover

The moral of the story is this- quads belong in the woods, in the dunes, stuck in mud holes surrounded by beer cans and drunk rednecks, etc, but they certainly dont have any place on a motopcross track and anyone who insists on riding a quad on a mx track in probably just too much of a pussy to ride a bike and pretty much a complete retard/accident waiting to happen in my book
|
FHKRacingZ
9/30/2008 8:52pm
Ahh its ok, im sure you were just one of them ignorant SLOW bike riders trying to get in the way of somebody faster than you regardless of the machine...

Around here in open practices , A class bike riders and I ( an ATV racer ) battle quiet often if the tracks alot open practice..
redvines
10/1/2008 12:51am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2008 12:51am
you ride a quad. that is funny. you rollerblade or ride a razor scooter too?
10/1/2008 1:34am
Yeah I cannot stand when a quad rider goes out for his or her 5 minute moto and destroys the track all the while checking his or her own roost. I have had many run ins with quad riders either oblivious to the bikes or purposefully trying to take people out. Many of the local tracks in the area do not allow quads to race anymore and many others do not allow quads on practice days.
todder
10/1/2008 2:16am
You should have known better to be on the track at the same time. There is a reason on race day they don't let quadorks out with the bikes and you just found that out.

The Shop

user760a
10/1/2008 5:30am
FHKRacingZ wrote:
Ahh its ok, im sure you were just one of them ignorant SLOW bike riders trying to get in the way of somebody faster than you...
Ahh its ok, im sure you were just one of them ignorant SLOW bike riders trying to get in the way of somebody faster than you regardless of the machine...

Around here in open practices , A class bike riders and I ( an ATV racer ) battle quiet often if the tracks alot open practice..
the only "battle" I have ever had with guys on 450 quads is the battle to get past them without getting taken out. I mean, give me a break. They are already riding a golf kart- 3 times as wide as a bike....then they try to block you whenever they see you coming. I am honestly more embarrassed for these guys than truely aggrivated. WTF are they thinking?
motofab36
10/1/2008 6:12am
South Fork Dirt Riders in Illinois posted in the news page on their website that quads are no longer allowed on the MX track. They claim they will be building a seperate track for the quads and are asking for input on layout.

I know of a few other tracks that would benefit from doing this, one biggie is Lincoln Trail, a 30+ year icon of MX in Illinois. This track can be good but always goes blue groove after the quads touch it.
10/1/2008 8:06am
local track around here doesn't allow quads on same track as bikes. They have a seperate track for them.
Foster576
10/1/2008 9:00am
FHKRacingZ wrote:
Ahh its ok, im sure you were just one of them ignorant SLOW bike riders trying to get in the way of somebody faster than you...

That must be some slow A class. The pro quads around here (and beleive me being right next to mexico there are a shitload of quads) are nowhere near even the B class speed. They brought some nationally ranked quad guy down to race once and he was not anywhere near the speed we were on bikes in the A class. Quads just ruin the whole track completely. Take out every single good rut in every corner and dry the track out to pure dust. In other words quads suck. Strap your cooler to it and go back to the dunes with your training wheels!
Foster576
10/1/2008 9:00am
local track around here doesn't allow quads on same track as bikes. They have a seperate track for them.
Damn you guys are lucky!
jeffro756
10/1/2008 9:19am
they sure are fun to ride in the mountains and drink on though!
gt80rider
10/1/2008 9:33am Edited Date/Time 10/1/2008 9:33am
FHKRacingZ wrote:

English is the preferred language here. Thanks!
AMA714
10/1/2008 9:34am
i am not going to say all quad riders are slow, some can haul ass, but plain and simple they should never be on the track at the same time as bikes. The take out the berms, pack the dirt with their steamroller tires and just ride a completely different line.

I have only been to one place where they were all together and it took 5 laps to realize that it was an accident waiting to happen.

Post a reply to: My weekend ATV experience

The Latest