My wallet didn't wear a mask

mikec265
7/17/2020 5:56am
Props on the new bike! She looks awesome. Can't understand who would 'thumbs down' a new scoot, except maybe those whom have succumbed to the sin...
Props on the new bike! She looks awesome. Can't understand who would 'thumbs down' a new scoot, except maybe those whom have succumbed to the sin of envy.

Either way, cheers on the family addition! LOL
mxb2 wrote:
Exactly. Jealousy or broke.
Awesome bike. Don't worry about the thumbs down, morans don't have anything better to do, or don't have any sense of humor when it comes to the thread title. You can post the most positive post in the world, and some people on the internet will react negative no matter what.
mxryan25
7/17/2020 8:23am
At your height and if you want to leave the stock bars I would recommend trying bar risers I’m 6 ft and the stock setup is just too low for my preference, different strokes for different folks. I have a kit similar to this https://www.ktm-parts.com/23-016.html
7/17/2020 10:31am
Not being a dick, congrats on the new bike.. but I thought the “just spoke with my” was reserved for 2 strokes?
Ive given up with that explanation. People can’t get it right. Oh well. New bikes are cool.
peelout
7/17/2020 11:35am
mxryan25 wrote:
At your height and if you want to leave the stock bars I would recommend trying bar risers I’m 6 ft and the stock setup is...
At your height and if you want to leave the stock bars I would recommend trying bar risers I’m 6 ft and the stock setup is just too low for my preference, different strokes for different folks. I have a kit similar to this https://www.ktm-parts.com/23-016.html
different strokes for different folks for sure

6'2 here and i love the stock setup

really just depends on personal preference and comfort

The Shop

Tuna
7/17/2020 12:15pm
mxryan25 wrote:
At your height and if you want to leave the stock bars I would recommend trying bar risers I’m 6 ft and the stock setup is...
peelout wrote:
different strokes for different folks for sure

6'2 here and i love the stock setup

really just depends on personal preference and comfort
I have converted so many of my friends away from risers after having them adjust body and bar position. Pretty much all of them never went back after they realized how much better the bike turned and handled. Lower pegs are also a great addition if you are a tall rider.
7/17/2020 12:18pm
Not being a dick, congrats on the new bike.. but I thought the “just spoke with my” was reserved for 2 strokes?
Ive given up with that explanation. People can’t get it right. Oh well. New bikes are cool.
I don't care whose wallet is talking to who or what it's saying, as long as bikes keep getting sold it helps keep the industry alive.
7/17/2020 12:38pm
Congratulations on the new bike and being your own boss!.

But as said, number one upgrade is theft insurance.....

Enjoy buddy!.
devotid
Fantasy
500th
7/17/2020 1:18pm
Ahhh that new bike smell. Ive only had it once and its a real thing.... enjoy it. Smile
mxryan25
7/17/2020 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2020 1:33pm
Tuna wrote:
I have converted so many of my friends away from risers after having them adjust body and bar position. Pretty much all of them never went...
I have converted so many of my friends away from risers after having them adjust body and bar position. Pretty much all of them never went back after they realized how much better the bike turned and handled. Lower pegs are also a great addition if you are a tall rider.
How much rise are we talking about here ? And what kind of bar bend ? The ktm stock bars are on the low end of the spectrum as far as bars go, using 5, 10 or 15 mm will bring them to a more mid to higher bar bend style... 15 mm riser on the ktm is basically like slapping on a 997. No way am I saying these ridiculous 30 mm risers paired with a higher bar bend is beneficial
skeef
Fantasy
1571st
7/17/2020 2:30pm
I got the enduro engineering 5-30mm riser kit. When I stand comfortably on the bike my fingers want to pull off the bars. Riding moto the bike is fine stock but when im doing high speed 4th/5th gear open desert I ride up on the front of the bike and it's uncomfortable. I'll try them out and if it throws off the turning i'll ditch the risers and go for bars.
Tuna
7/17/2020 2:37pm
Tuna wrote:
I have converted so many of my friends away from risers after having them adjust body and bar position. Pretty much all of them never went...
mxryan25 wrote:
How much rise are we talking about here ? And what kind of bar bend ? The ktm stock bars are on the low end of...
How much rise are we talking about here ? And what kind of bar bend ? The ktm stock bars are on the low end of the spectrum as far as bars go, using 5, 10 or 15 mm will bring them to a more mid to higher bar bend style... 15 mm riser on the ktm is basically like slapping on a 997. No way am I saying these ridiculous 30 mm risers paired with a higher bar bend is beneficial
Risers change the leverage vs bars. I would always be looking fora better fitting bar vs risers.
Pirate421
7/17/2020 3:03pm
I think I heard Kris Keefer say on his bar bend podcast that he always recommends putting a small bar riser instead of going with a taller bar. I tend to agree personally
Rawly
7/17/2020 5:56pm
If you still do a fair share of off-road , the sub mount Scott’s stabilizer will give you the rise that you need. Assuming that you do run a steering damper out there ?? Just a thought.
Spergen
7/17/2020 8:12pm
Spergen wrote:
Yeah first bike you have bought on your own and a thumbs down! Congratulations now stop typing and put your helmet on, enjoy that new feeling...
Yeah first bike you have bought on your own and a thumbs down!

Congratulations now stop typing and put your helmet on, enjoy that new feeling. Now being honest how many hours have you just sat in your garage looking at it?
skeef wrote:
More hours then whats on the bike! I check every night before I go to bed to make sure It's really there. I even started using...
More hours then whats on the bike! I check every night before I go to bed to make sure It's really there. I even started using my garage to enter my house instead of the front door.
Yes I remembered my first purchase, spent hours just sat looking at it, very nice feeling knowing that it was your hard work that got it. My bike was the first thing I ever got a job for.
ktmdan
7/17/2020 10:34pm
I just received my new 2019 350xcf yesterday. It’s only supposed to be 99° tomorrow so I plan to break her in then.
Anyone know if the TD remap is worth the money on the stock ECU? Any long durability issues come with this mod?

TeamFlannel
7/17/2020 11:29pm
tobz wrote:
Suspenders before exhaust my man
Put gas in it. Start it up. And ride the motherfucker like you wanna kill it.
That's what dirt bikes are all about.
Wring that fuckers neck like your life depends on it, clean the air filter, if it's a glorified quadtard motor change the oil, REPEAT!
BikePilot
7/19/2020 6:46am
Nice bike! Bolt on a skid plate (I like the axp) and go ride. The suspension on the XC is really good out of the box.
peelout
7/20/2020 9:38am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2020 10:07am
ktmdan wrote:
I just received my new 2019 350xcf yesterday. It’s only supposed to be 99° tomorrow so I plan to break her in then. Anyone know if...
I just received my new 2019 350xcf yesterday. It’s only supposed to be 99° tomorrow so I plan to break her in then.
Anyone know if the TD remap is worth the money on the stock ECU? Any long durability issues come with this mod?

100% the TD upgrade from the stock ECU. best money you can put into the bike brand new (besides suspension obviously).

i run the TD and stock exhaust ('19 450XCF), the thing's a rocket.

stock they are just a little flat and soft, definitely toned down from most stock 450's i've ridden. the TD remap opened it right up.

Post a reply to: My wallet didn't wear a mask

The Latest