My wallet didn't wear a mask

Related:
Create New Tag

7/15/2020 12:55 PM

First bike I've purchased on my own... After months of racking my head between the FX and XCF I pulled trigger after getting a deal I couldn't pass up. Couldn't be happier. Unfortunately it's 110 degrees outside and haven't been able to ride except for rips around my neighborhood. First mods are bar risers and a skid plate. Maybe exhaust? Any other suggestions?

Photo

|

7/15/2020 1:53 PM

Nice, congrats! Of course some douche has to give you a thumbs down for a new bike. Never mind the mods-just get out and ride that bad boy! Enjoy.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

7/15/2020 2:46 PM

Yeah first bike you have bought on your own and a thumbs down!

Congratulations now stop typing and put your helmet on, enjoy that new feeling. Now being honest how many hours have you just sat in your garage looking at it?

|

7/15/2020 3:02 PM

Spergen wrote:

Yeah first bike you have bought on your own and a thumbs down!

Congratulations now stop typing and put your helmet on, enjoy that new feeling. Now being honest how many hours have you just sat in your garage looking at it?

More hours then whats on the bike! I check every night before I go to bed to make sure It's really there. I even started using my garage to enter my house instead of the front door.

|

7/15/2020 3:08 PM

Why even go in the house! The garage is just fine!

|

7/15/2020 3:29 PM

Put a Kegerator and AC out there and you are good. Just ride that sweet ride until you are better than it. Then do mods.

|

7/15/2020 3:53 PM

Nothing beats a fresh dirt scooter

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

7/15/2020 9:59 PM

Congrats! First new bike bought by you,very cool. Nice work.

|

7/16/2020 1:02 AM

Suspenders before exhaust my man

|

7/16/2020 1:27 AM

Congrats on your purchase, I’m sure you will love it.🏁🏁

|

@TONY351KTM

7/16/2020 5:21 AM

Good deal.

I wouldn't mess with the exhaust. If you need bar risers, do that. At 5' 6" I don't need those!

What I did to my 150 was:

either folding levers or handguards
skid plate
goop or mousse in the tires
go ahead and lube the linkage while you're in the garage

Go riding.

On my 150, I did some more things but they don't apply to yours.

|

2015 Kawasaki KX 250F
2015 GasGas TXT Racing 125
2015 Husqvarna TC 125
2018 KTM 150 XC-W

7/16/2020 5:33 AM

Ditch the bar risers. Spend your $ on suspension.

|

7/16/2020 5:50 AM

skeef wrote:

More hours then whats on the bike! I check every night before I go to bed to make sure It's really there. I even started using my garage to enter my house instead of the front door.

I use my garage as well to enter my house.
One day while walking through it, I said hello beautiful. My wife was also in the garage and said thanks. She looked over her shoulder and saw me looking at the bike..I still remember the “ARE YOU FN KIDDING ME?” She still brings that up from time to time. 😉
As mentioned suspension set up for your weight, ability and conditions first.
Congrats on the new bike.

|

7/16/2020 6:56 AM

Props on the new bike! She looks awesome. Can't understand who would 'thumbs down' a new scoot, except maybe those whom have succumbed to the sin of envy.

Either way, cheers on the family addition! LOL

|

7/16/2020 6:59 AM

skeef wrote:

First bike I've purchased on my own... After months of racking my head between the FX and XCF I pulled trigger after getting a deal I couldn't pass up. Couldn't be happier. Unfortunately it's 110 degrees outside and haven't been able to ride except for rips around my neighborhood. First mods are bar risers and a skid plate. Maybe exhaust? Any other suggestions?

Photo

Nice bike! Please tell me the grass/astro turf in the bottom right corner is for a mini outdoor living room with TV and recliner. My buddy did that on his concrete porch and its very comfortable on bare feet.

|

@wasummer46

7/16/2020 7:02 AM

Saweet!! Congrats on your new ride. I just ordered the white version of your bike. Should be arriving by the end of the month.

|

7/16/2020 7:32 AM

gripper seat cover is best bang for buck improvement in performance and reduced energy expense bar none. after that full exhaust because its awesome

|

7/16/2020 9:17 AM

Tuna wrote:

Ditch the bar risers. Spend your $ on suspension.

at 6'3 bar risers are a necessity

|

7/16/2020 9:19 AM

skeef wrote:

First bike I've purchased on my own... After months of racking my head between the FX and XCF I pulled trigger after getting a deal I couldn't pass up. Couldn't be happier. Unfortunately it's 110 degrees outside and haven't been able to ride except for rips around my neighborhood. First mods are bar risers and a skid plate. Maybe exhaust? Any other suggestions?

Photo

wasummer46 wrote:

Nice bike! Please tell me the grass/astro turf in the bottom right corner is for a mini outdoor living room with TV and recliner. My buddy did that on his concrete porch and its very comfortable on bare feet.

Unfortunately no. Samples for front yard, done with grass.

|

7/16/2020 9:51 AM

Premix4Life wrote:

Props on the new bike! She looks awesome. Can't understand who would 'thumbs down' a new scoot, except maybe those whom have succumbed to the sin of envy.

Either way, cheers on the family addition! LOL

Exactly. Jealousy or broke.

|

7/16/2020 11:26 AM

Why does 110 degrees keep you from riding?

|

7/16/2020 12:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2020 12:59 PM

Throw some plastic on it, buy a progressive fire/theft insurance Policy in her and then go ride the shit out of it.

|

GP740
Since 1987

7/16/2020 1:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2020 1:09 PM

hell yeah bro, nice purchase! my '19 450XCF is fucking amazing, can't say enough good about it

definitely send your ECU to Twisted Development, biggest improvement you can make on the near perfect machine. the stock motor is a bit flat and just doesn't have that "WOW" factor. the TD tuned ECU is a game changer.

|

7/16/2020 1:12 PM

skeef wrote:

First bike I've purchased on my own... After months of racking my head between the FX and XCF I pulled trigger after getting a deal I couldn't pass up. Couldn't be happier. Unfortunately it's 110 degrees outside and haven't been able to ride except for rips around my neighborhood. First mods are bar risers and a skid plate. Maybe exhaust? Any other suggestions?

Photo

Great bike, good purchase. It doesn'twink need mods, none do. Do a few hours on it as it is and you will get comfortable.

|

7/16/2020 1:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2020 1:27 PM

peelout wrote:

hell yeah bro, nice purchase! my '19 450XCF is fucking amazing, can't say enough good about it

definitely send your ECU to Twisted Development, biggest improvement you can make on the near perfect machine. the stock motor is a bit flat and just doesn't have that "WOW" factor. the TD tuned ECU is a game changer.

Thanks for that bro, I've actually found the motor lack luster on the bottom end, even in Map 2.

|

7/16/2020 1:26 PM

Nice bike !! As everyone has said , SUSPENSION , figure if you spend 10K , the manufacturer would get it right ?? I still don’t get that one. My 2019 350XC-F would not handle the braking and acceleration bumps regardless of my settings. Sent my stuff to TOO TECH and it was a night and day difference. Love to hear the wa,wa,wa,wa,wa of acceleration bumps and not feel it. Enjoy that machine !!!

|

7/16/2020 1:29 PM

tobz wrote:

Suspenders before exhaust my man

Wise words .

|

7/16/2020 1:30 PM

Rawly wrote:

Nice bike !! As everyone has said , SUSPENSION , figure if you spend 10K , the manufacturer would get it right ?? I still don’t get that one. My 2019 350XC-F would not handle the braking and acceleration bumps regardless of my settings. Sent my stuff to TOO TECH and it was a night and day difference. Love to hear the wa,wa,wa,wa,wa of acceleration bumps and not feel it. Enjoy that machine !!!

I will do an update after I properly ride if for the first time. I've ridden KYB my whole life but I enjoy the floaty feel of the forks. I already am doing a rear spring from WP. I guess 200lbs is fatlaughing

|

7/16/2020 2:15 PM

skeef wrote:

I will do an update after I properly ride if for the first time. I've ridden KYB my whole life but I enjoy the floaty feel of the forks. I already am doing a rear spring from WP. I guess 200lbs is fatlaughing

6’-3” 200lbs = Beast!! Congrats on the new bike. Look forward to your ride review.

|

7/17/2020 5:33 AM

Not being a dick, congrats on the new bike.. but I thought the “just spoke with my” was reserved for 2 strokes?

|