My thumb hurts. Too much MXGP2...still snowed in!!

jeffro503
God damn it I'm going stir crazy here! Sitting at home for over a week because of this damn snow isn't melting. About 6" of packed ice on the roads , and still have about 10" of snow. Bored out of my mind here! And we are now suppose to get hammered with a bunch of freezing rain. AWD rig coming this summer , and I'm never getting stuck here again! I'd go to work for free if I could just leave my damn house!
|
ocscottie
1/16/2017 12:18pm
How is that game Jeff? Man i miss the old MCM2 days bro, those that weren't there, dont know!
BigDaddyG
1/16/2017 12:32pm
If you turn your hand around backwards it will feel like someone else is pulling on it Jeffro Wink
TXDirt
1/16/2017 12:36pm
ocscottie wrote:
How is that game Jeff? Man i miss the old MCM2 days bro, those that weren't there, dont know!
I still have MCM 2 installed on my computer. Took a while to get it fixed up and running on windows 7 64 bit. Haven't played in ages. I think I have around 250 custom tracks I downloaded and saved when MCM 2 was in it's prime. Such a great game! I use to be a MCM game monitor for the ZONE! lol Those were the days....
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/16/2017 12:47pm
BigDaddyG wrote:
If you turn your hand around backwards it will feel like someone else is pulling on it Jeffro Wink
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingWoohoo

The Shop

SEE ARE125
1/16/2017 1:02pm
You should enjoy it. Order some pizzas, maybe take a nap. Doesn't really matter.
jeffro503
1/16/2017 1:25pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
You should enjoy it. Order some pizzas, maybe take a nap. Doesn't really matter.
LMFAO!

Scottie....I'm finding out that MXGP2 is quite a bit better than the original MXGP1. I had it on Realistic , but damn it I aint good enough on about half of the tracks to be competitive. I lowered it to the " hard " setting so I have a fighting chance. I'm kinda killing them in almost every race on the hard setting , but it's a big leap putting it onto realistic. I need more practice. I just finished round #2 in the 250 championship. It was on sale about two weeks ago for like $19.00 and it came with all the DLC stuff.....not bad at all. And me too!!....on missing the old MCM2 days. By far the best gaming days of my life were with that game. Remember how much more realistic it looked compared to MCM1? I had every single track ever made and must of had about 500 of them installed. I still have all ( or most of them ) burned onto discs laying around here some where. I'll tell ya what though...playing MXGP2 in FPS is pretty damn cool! Did you try MXGP1? If you did , I think this second version is much , much better!

TXdirt....Man I sure would like to know how you got MCM2 working on the win7 64. I know you have to trick the game some how into thinking you are using only 2GB of ram , which I don't know how to do.

OH....side note , I do have the new FOV mod , which is 100X better than what comes with the game! I also have the AMA mod , but since I'm only running the 250's I haven't been able to really take advantage of it yet. Looks really cool though!
jeffro503
1/16/2017 1:26pm
But if your thumb hurts then how will you ride your quad? Tongue
When I was with your mom last night , she said if I was ever feelin' gay , I could borrow yours! Laughing
potatoflake
1/16/2017 2:05pm Edited Date/Time 1/16/2017 2:10pm
jeffro503 wrote:
God damn it I'm going stir crazy here! Sitting at home for over a week because of this damn snow isn't melting. About 6" of packed...
God damn it I'm going stir crazy here! Sitting at home for over a week because of this damn snow isn't melting. About 6" of packed ice on the roads , and still have about 10" of snow. Bored out of my mind here! And we are now suppose to get hammered with a bunch of freezing rain. AWD rig coming this summer , and I'm never getting stuck here again! I'd go to work for free if I could just leave my damn house!
You sound exactly like me we're under an extremely unusual amount of snow right now and the tracks supposed to open back up this weeekend bit that ain't gonna happen, works at a stand still as well over here since our air compressor on our drill rig does not like frigid weather

Edit; I've been playing the crap out of Mx vs atv reflex and man I don't ever remember this game being so much fun, I just switched to a Xbox one so I'll be picking up mxgp2 asap. I first tried Mx encore and I really just could t get into it so I took it back and got reflex since it's backwards compatible :D
jeffro503
1/16/2017 2:30pm
jeffro503 wrote:
God damn it I'm going stir crazy here! Sitting at home for over a week because of this damn snow isn't melting. About 6" of packed...
You sound exactly like me we're under an extremely unusual amount of snow right now and the tracks supposed to open back up this weeekend bit...
You sound exactly like me we're under an extremely unusual amount of snow right now and the tracks supposed to open back up this weeekend bit that ain't gonna happen, works at a stand still as well over here since our air compressor on our drill rig does not like frigid weather

Edit; I've been playing the crap out of Mx vs atv reflex and man I don't ever remember this game being so much fun, I just switched to a Xbox one so I'll be picking up mxgp2 asap. I first tried Mx encore and I really just could t get into it so I took it back and got reflex since it's backwards compatible :D
I hear ya...we all got hit pretty hard out here in the NW. We usually get the snow and so forth , but It's just stayed freezing temps and it won't go away.

I never could get into the MX vs ATV thing. After MCM2 , they just never felt right. Last 4 -5 years I needed some sort of racing , so I switched on over to the full on car sims ( Automobilista , iracing , RF2 , AC , RRE , Pcars , ect... ). But last year I tried the first MXGP game and I had a lot of fun. I got kinda bored quick with it though. This newer MXGP2 game is quite a bit better , and very fun. For $19.00 I couldn't go wrong.
Skidaddle
1/16/2017 4:54pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Anywhere north of Houston or Miami requires AWD or 4WD.

Ever watch the people in Dallas when it snows? 2 Flurries and they are stuck with their peg leggers, cars and trucks.
SEE ARE125
1/16/2017 5:46pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Skidaddle wrote:
Anywhere north of Houston or Miami requires AWD or 4WD. Ever watch the people in Dallas when it snows? 2 Flurries and they are stuck with...
Anywhere north of Houston or Miami requires AWD or 4WD.

Ever watch the people in Dallas when it snows? 2 Flurries and they are stuck with their peg leggers, cars and trucks.
Huh?
Lucifa.
1/16/2017 6:46pm
I'm currently watching the Santos Tour Down Under in Australia and it 's a 105 in the shade! i gotta nice cold beer.
Crush
1/16/2017 7:14pm
Looks pretty cool!

Indicated speed vs game movement still out of whack... but looks more realistic than the other ones.

I guess the really dynamic acceleration is something that hasn't been nailed down in these games yet...

https://youtu.be/EQ4-zNSbHUI
JW381
1/16/2017 8:15pm
Damn I need to get mxgp2. Asap
Ryno429
1/16/2017 8:27pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
LMFAO! [b]Scottie[/b]....I'm finding out that MXGP2 is quite a bit better than the original MXGP1. I had it on Realistic , but damn it I aint...
LMFAO!

Scottie....I'm finding out that MXGP2 is quite a bit better than the original MXGP1. I had it on Realistic , but damn it I aint good enough on about half of the tracks to be competitive. I lowered it to the " hard " setting so I have a fighting chance. I'm kinda killing them in almost every race on the hard setting , but it's a big leap putting it onto realistic. I need more practice. I just finished round #2 in the 250 championship. It was on sale about two weeks ago for like $19.00 and it came with all the DLC stuff.....not bad at all. And me too!!....on missing the old MCM2 days. By far the best gaming days of my life were with that game. Remember how much more realistic it looked compared to MCM1? I had every single track ever made and must of had about 500 of them installed. I still have all ( or most of them ) burned onto discs laying around here some where. I'll tell ya what though...playing MXGP2 in FPS is pretty damn cool! Did you try MXGP1? If you did , I think this second version is much , much better!

TXdirt....Man I sure would like to know how you got MCM2 working on the win7 64. I know you have to trick the game some how into thinking you are using only 2GB of ram , which I don't know how to do.

OH....side note , I do have the new FOV mod , which is 100X better than what comes with the game! I also have the AMA mod , but since I'm only running the 250's I haven't been able to really take advantage of it yet. Looks really cool though!
What is this FOV and AMA mod you speak of?
TallCan 16
1/16/2017 10:26pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Been playing a lot of fucking rocket league....

True story, I went by the car wash last week and it was so cold there was a sign out front that said "closed due to weather conditions"

Sup Jeffro!
Turbojez
1/17/2017 12:14am
But if your thumb hurts then how will you ride your quad? Tongue
jeffro503 wrote:
When I was with your mom last night , she said if I was ever feelin' gay , I could borrow yours! Laughing
LMFAO, my coffee just went out through my nose, thanks... Laughing

Jeffro, this might be a good idea to kill the boredom
jemcee
1/17/2017 12:57am
I am into that game! Mainly cause I actually can play it.. I've been playing the stadium series a bit at first I hated it cause it's super awkward but now I reckon it's cool cause I find it really hard and you can't (well I can't) just hold it on through the corners and I like how the AI aren't all in a bunch that you either catch all at once or get passed all once
jeffro503
1/17/2017 1:19pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
LMFAO! [b]Scottie[/b]....I'm finding out that MXGP2 is quite a bit better than the original MXGP1. I had it on Realistic , but damn it I aint...
LMFAO!

Ryno429 wrote:
Ryno....you can get both mods here at this guys facebook page >> https://www.facebook.com/MXGP2MODS/

FOV mod ( New field of view and much better than what comes with the game )

AMA mod just changes a lot of the GP guys over to the AMA riders. I haven't actually gotten it to work yet , and haven't done the research to get it installed correctly. I've installed thousands of modded tracks and cars for all my racing sims , so I know how. But this one , there is a certain way , and I'll have to figure it out.

What the AMA mod looks like :

What the new FOV mod looks like :

jeffro503
1/17/2017 1:22pm
Green....I'm old school with these MX games and my thumb hurts because it's on the directional pad on the left. I'm still trying to learn weight transfer and stuff like that. I'm starting to get it down better now though , as even on the 450 in realistic mode I'm usually right up towards the front and can get pole position on about 1/2 the tracks. I liked the 250's a little better at first , but now that I'm starting to get the hang of it , I'm starting to like the 450's a little better than at first.
JW381
1/17/2017 1:41pm
jeffro503 wrote:
LMFAO!

Ryno429 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Ryno....you can get both mods here at this guys facebook page >> https://www.facebook.com/MXGP2MODS/ FOV mod ( New field of view and much better than what comes...
Ryno....you can get both mods here at this guys facebook page >> https://www.facebook.com/MXGP2MODS/

FOV mod ( New field of view and much better than what comes with the game )

AMA mod just changes a lot of the GP guys over to the AMA riders. I haven't actually gotten it to work yet , and haven't done the research to get it installed correctly. I've installed thousands of modded tracks and cars for all my racing sims , so I know how. But this one , there is a certain way , and I'll have to figure it out.

What the AMA mod looks like :

What the new FOV mod looks like :

Wow, so sick, wish I was playing on PC now. Way better than the stock POV cam.
jeffro503
1/17/2017 2:07pm
JW381 wrote:
Wow, so sick, wish I was playing on PC now. Way better than the stock POV cam.
Yeah Justin , it's way better. The stock FOV really bugged me , as I could hardly ever see the front end. This new one works way better. The game isn't perfect though. One bug I have to work around is when you start a new race on a new track , it always starts you with the " Behind the rider view "......as soon as you leave the gate , you have to switch to the first person view. Once I start it , i stop the race and then restart and then now it's in first person on the gate. Kinda bothersome , but it makes the entire race so much better.

Post a reply to: My thumb hurts. Too much MXGP2...still snowed in!!

The Latest