My thoughts- opinions on Budd’s Creek and what I saw.

oshow
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 2:00pm
Not to be confused with observations.

1) First off Budd’s is a world class facility, great looking place.

2) Heard a strong rumor that James will ride outdoors in 2010, don’t know for who but they know he WANTS to be out there.

3) I saw three very top pro’s standing by the fence looking at the track and talking Saturday morning around 7:45am, and a dad with I would say a five or six year old little boy walks up to them and says good morning fellows. Not one of them turned around and responded. Now I can see that there are listed autograph times and all that. Plus if they signed for this little boy they may have started something and may have had to sign more. But really it was 7:45 no one was around, they were not busy they were just joking around and looking at the track. I was truly disappointed, as that dad and son in reality pay for them to race for a living. I don’t know what to say about this one and no I will not name the riders. I really like all three of them but that made me a little sick inside and very sad for the little boy.

4) Jason Lawrence was very politely interrupted while trying to sign up for the pit bike race Friday night by a father that wanted to get a picture with Jason and his daughter. The daughter was too shy to ask. Jason let them take pictures and talked to both of them for a few minutes. Needless to say the daughter was very happy and that I bet made her weekend or year.

5) At the pit bike race Friday night, after a very muddy event all the racers pulled over to the guardrail where a few of us were sitting and watching – tag-team racing. A little boy about 10 or so behind the rail was staring at Jason Lawrence like it was Christmas morning. Nothing was asked for; Jason just pulled his goggles off and threw them to the boy. He jumped up and down and ran off to show everyone his prize.

6) Air conditioned bathrooms are great.

7) When you are in a monsoon without an umbrella people can be very creative. Think cut a hole here and wear this, whatever this may be.

8) A lot of work and $$ goes into getting the race on TV, we should be very thankful and buy from the sponsors whenever possible.

9) Josh Grant has a hell of a lot of heart, ankles taped up to the hilt, badly limping and he still goes out and races the first moto.

10) Tim Ferry’s man-friend is huge. Just saying.

I may think of more later.
|
breck
8/27/2009 10:03am

LMFAO
Highsider
8/27/2009 10:13am Edited Date/Time 8/27/2009 11:12am
Great report and yes, add to it, or start another thread, or two.
I think I posted all the Iphone shots you sent Saturday. That was cool of you to send them.

JJ
oshow
8/27/2009 10:24am
Thanks for posting them Highsider, if iphone had a zoom they would have been much better. I have some from the camera I am going to post when i get a chance.
breck
8/27/2009 10:29am
you guys are cute. so much love in the room.

The Shop

peelout719
8/27/2009 10:50am
your just jealous there knot including you in theyre convo breck. know worries tho.

oh and thanks for the insight and all the things nobody ever hears about oshow.
BobbyM
8/27/2009 11:13am
oshow wrote:
Not to be confused with observations. 1) First off Budd’s is a world class facility, great looking place. 2) Heard a strong rumor that James will...

2) Heard a strong rumor that James will ride outdoors in 2010, don’t know for who but they know he WANTS to be out there.

3) I saw three very top pro’s standing by the fence looking at the track and talking Saturday morning around 7:45am, and a dad with I would say a five or six year old little boy walks up to them and says good morning fellows. Not one of them turned around and responded. Now I can see that there are listed autograph times and all that. Plus if they signed for this little boy they may have started something and may have had to sign more. But really it was 7:45 no one was around, they were not busy they were just joking around and looking at the track. I was truly disappointed, as that dad and son in reality pay for them to race for a living. I don’t know what to say about this one and no I will not name the riders. I really like all three of them but that made me a little sick inside and very sad for the little boy.

4) Jason Lawrence was very politely interrupted while trying to sign up for the pit bike race Friday night by a father that wanted to get a picture with Jason and his daughter. The daughter was too shy to ask. Jason let them take pictures and talked to both of them for a few minutes. Needless to say the daughter was very happy and that I bet made her weekend or year.

5) At the pit bike race Friday night, after a very muddy event all the racers pulled over to the guardrail where a few of us were sitting and watching – tag-team racing. A little boy about 10 or so behind the rail was staring at Jason Lawrence like it was Christmas morning. Nothing was asked for; Jason just pulled his goggles off and threw them to the boy. He jumped up and down and ran off to show everyone his prize.

7) When you are in a monsoon without an umbrella people can be very creative. Think cut a hole here and wear this, whatever this may be.

8) A lot of work and $$ goes into getting the race on TV, we should be very thankful and buy from the sponsors whenever possible.

9) Josh Grant has a hell of a lot of heart, ankles taped up to the hilt, badly limping and he still goes out and races the first moto.

jason lawrence is da bomb....yup.
Trip
8/27/2009 11:27am
oshow wrote:
Not to be confused with observations. 1) First off Budd’s is a world class facility, great looking place. 2) Heard a strong rumor that James will...

Funny, almost the same exact thing I did a few years back at a night race at Perris. Jason didn't race, but showed up. Josh Grant didn't race either, but he was there too.. The both of them are talking to each other, we hang out by them for a few hoping they would finish the conversation. Finally I went up and just asked Jason if he had a second to take a pic? He thought I meant of himself and Josh. When I told him I wanted it of my daughter and him, he said sure. The really funny part of it was my daughter was wearing a Jeff Alessi jersey. (who did race that night) So he was kinda joking around about that with her..

Cool report!!! Add more to it if you can.
RRsis17
8/27/2009 11:43am
WOW I can't believe you didn't add that it was the LARGEST wet t-shirt contest ever....cause I can guarantee there were not tooooo many dry shirts there! Silly Just saying!!!
oshow
8/27/2009 11:50am
oshow wrote:

11) Mechanics can get very creative when preparing for a mud race.

12) Reed on the site lap in the first moto adjusting his jersey after the finish line and had a little slow speed wobble but saved it, falling would have been embarrassing. But we’ve all done it.

mxtryon231
8/27/2009 12:01pm
Tim Ferry's man friend is more than huge.
Rupert X
8/27/2009 1:10pm

I love reports like yours. Very cool. Down to earth.

KIDS Adore JLAW.

It probably pisses off a few, but it' so true, it' s weird, young kids flock to him

like he's their leader. Hell, he might be.
8/27/2009 2:15pm
funny, i saw jlaw blow a few kids off at st. louis. and also saw TP have an endless line of kids that all pretty much got an autograph.
bvm111
8/27/2009 2:25pm
RRsis17 wrote:
WOW I can't believe you didn't add that it was the LARGEST wet t-shirt contest ever....cause I can guarantee there were not tooooo many dry shirts...
WOW I can't believe you didn't add that it was the LARGEST wet t-shirt contest ever....cause I can guarantee there were not tooooo many dry shirts there! Silly Just saying!!!
dirty girl...... i like it!!!! Evil
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
8/27/2009 2:35pm
oshow wrote:

So why dont you name the 3 very top pros? If it made you sick you would name names. If someone is a jerk call them a jerk.
8/27/2009 2:47pm

This.
500guy
8/27/2009 2:49pm
Good write up, thanks and thanks for the on site reports too.
JustMX
8/27/2009 3:13pm
peelout719 wrote:
your just jealous there knot including you in theyre convo breck. know worries tho. oh and thanks for the insight and all the things nobody ever...
your just jealous there knot including you in theyre convo breck. know worries tho.

oh and thanks for the insight and all the things nobody ever hears about oshow.
Hey,

You misspelled knobody.
brent26wood
8/27/2009 3:24pm
I don't think JLaw is a responsible person, period. When he dies, if there is a God, he is going to ask JL why exactly he pissed away all the talent he was given. With that being said, I have witnessed him do more than a few nice things at the races. I've seen him take time for the young ones. He is a dumb ass, but he seems to have a good heart.
PRM31
8/27/2009 3:53pm
Thanks for the inputs. The comments about JLaw are welcomed. I'm one of the first to think very poorly of the boy for his actions. Things like that make me at least consider that there is another side to the guy that will be apparent when/if he ever matures.

Yes, it is a world class facility. It would be hard to envision a more spectator friendly track. Yes, AC bathrooms are nice, especially when it is hot and VERY humid.

There are any number of places you can plant a chair and see 90% of the track. That's cool!
googs
8/27/2009 6:18pm
thanks for sharing ..always good to know what goes on behind the scenes..Cool
brent26wood
8/27/2009 6:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/27/2009 6:22pm
By the way, anyone that thinks Johnathan, the owner of Budds, is an asshole......you are 100% correct. But you will never meet a person that is as core as him. I've known him for years and there is not anything he wouldn't do for moto.
patches
8/27/2009 8:38pm Edited Date/Time 8/27/2009 8:42pm
could not be confused with Observations
lapper
8/28/2009 8:43am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:49am
By the way, anyone that thinks Johnathan, the owner of Budds, is an asshole......you are 100% correct. But you will never meet a person that is as core as him. I've known him for years and there is not anything he wouldn't do for moto.

Spend a day in his shoes, especially the week of the National, and you'd probably be perceived as an asshole too. The guy gets zero sleep all week, everyone wants something from him, and any issue (which there are hundreds) falls on his shoulders to resolve. He doesn't have the time or energy for an extended discussion. If you try to debate his decision, he defaults to the asshole mode and moves on.

Not only is he core, he cares about people. Each year he invites the wounded soldiers (and families) from Walter Reed Army hospital to the race. They get the full VIP treatment. This year, the Army told him they had other "recreational activities" planned that day, and no bus was available. Jonathan told them to just let the soldiers know a bus would be waiting out side Saturday morning. He payed for the bus out of his own pocket .

Diplomatic skills may not be his strong point, but he developed his style out of necessity from the many years of dealing with people's crap.

oshow
8/28/2009 9:27am
oshow wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:
So why dont you name the 3 very top pros? If it made you sick you would name names. If someone is a jerk call them...
So why dont you name the 3 very top pros? If it made you sick you would name names. If someone is a jerk call them a jerk.
Because I just won't do that.

They are all good guys and have a tremendous amount of pressure on them. I just saw in 15 minutes what they didn’t do but I think they should have.

I bet there are thousands of stories about all three of them that are different. I even talked to one of them after the races were over about his second moto but I didn’t bring it up. Plus we were getting rained on as we were walking
2stroke153
8/28/2009 10:53am
lapper wrote:
By the way, anyone that thinks Johnathan, the owner of Budds, is an asshole......you are 100% correct. But you will never meet a person that is...

Spend a day in his shoes, especially the week of the National, and you'd probably be perceived as an asshole too. The guy gets zero sleep all week, everyone wants something from him, and any issue (which there are hundreds) falls on his shoulders to resolve. He doesn't have the time or energy for an extended discussion. If you try to debate his decision, he defaults to the asshole mode and moves on.

Not only is he core, he cares about people. Each year he invites the wounded soldiers (and families) from Walter Reed Army hospital to the race. They get the full VIP treatment. This year, the Army told him they had other "recreational activities" planned that day, and no bus was available. Jonathan told them to just let the soldiers know a bus would be waiting out side Saturday morning. He payed for the bus out of his own pocket .

Diplomatic skills may not be his strong point, but he developed his style out of necessity from the many years of dealing with people's crap.

100% agree. Beasley has done alot for motocross in this area and nationally! Keep up the good work Beasley.

Post a reply to: My thoughts- opinions on Budd’s Creek and what I saw.

The Latest