My thoughts on the Lime issue

Related:
Create New Tag

2/5/2019 6:45 PM

Here are my extended thoughts on the Lime issue, it’s a bad situation all the way around. I do find it peculiar that the AMA and Feld both had seperate press releases.

https://www.vitalmx.com/features/Cooksey-Straight-To-The-Point-My-Story-Was-Burned-By-Lime,6444

|

2/5/2019 6:53 PM

Known human carcinogen bro!

|

2/5/2019 7:23 PM

Educate yourself man, not that hard, look up an SDS. If it can burn your skin it can harm your lungs

|

2/5/2019 7:35 PM

Yes roger that, goodnight

|

2/5/2019 7:37 PM

I'vegotthenutz wrote:

Educate yourself man, not that hard, look up an SDS. If it can burn your skin it can harm your lungs

I don’t remember saying it wasn’t? The Lime expert I talked to told me it’s harmless after the chemical reaction has happened. When wet it’s not good for anything but heating and removing moisture, this is why it’s used in concrete. When wet, obviously it’s a nightmare!!!

|

2/5/2019 8:17 PM

Straight to the point: this article would fit right in with all the other over-dramatized crap in the lime thread.

“I love this sport and would be devastated if Supercross as we know it went away because of a mistake that had good intentions.” The sport isn’t going away. You can do better, and surely the other article the you started to write would have been so.

|

2/5/2019 8:30 PM

tingo wrote:

Straight to the point: this article would fit right in with all the other over-dramatized crap in the lime thread.

“I love this sport and would be devastated if Supercross as we know it went away because of a mistake that had good intentions.” The sport isn’t going away. You can do better, and surely the other article the you started to write would have been so.

I don’t agree with you that it’s over dramatized. I used to work at a large corporate law firm in San Diego on the construction litigation team, and screw ups like this end up in a nightmare of lawsuits between everyone involved and hemorrhage money. Hopefully it doesn’t get there, but if it does it’s going to be a mess

|

2/5/2019 8:33 PM

I feel like we don’t have enough threads of people giving personal opinions on this. Won’t be happy till I hear every members thoughts.

|

2/5/2019 8:38 PM

tingo wrote:

jstein639 wrote:

I don’t agree with you that it’s over dramatized. I used to work at a large corporate law firm in San Diego on the construction litigation team, and screw ups like this end up in a nightmare of lawsuits between everyone involved and hemorrhage money. Hopefully it doesn’t get there, but if it does it’s going to be a mess

I'm with you. I've been part of too many OSHA audits in my 24 years of chemical engineering work and I've seen companies get financially buried for less than what this mistake was. Anyone downplaying this is either inexperienced or ignorant of how things work in the real world (big boy business). I don't want anything bad to happen to our sport, so my hope is that Feld makes things right and goes above and beyond in the process of doing so. So far, it looks positive based on some of the social media posts from people who were affected. We are all fortunate nothing worse happened.

|

2/5/2019 9:00 PM

Photo what's wrong with lime?
|

2/5/2019 9:23 PM

tingo wrote:

I really hope I am being dramatic and it blows over in a week, but this is serious...

|

2/5/2019 9:26 PM

tingo wrote:

jstein639 wrote:

TbonesPop wrote:

I'm with you. I've been part of too many OSHA audits in my 24 years of chemical engineering work and I've seen companies get financially buried for less than what this mistake was. Anyone downplaying this is either inexperienced or ignorant of how things work in the real world (big boy business). I don't want anything bad to happen to our sport, so my hope is that Feld makes things right and goes above and beyond in the process of doing so. So far, it looks positive based on some of the social media posts from people who were affected. We are all fortunate nothing worse happened.

Well put, I have been around too long not to understand the severity of this incident.

|

2/5/2019 9:30 PM

I'm calling this "Limegate".

|