My take on MS27

Related:
Create New Tag

1/3/2018 8:55 AM

I know we don't want another thread for this but Im not commenting another post that has nothing to do what I want to discuss....

From following the stewarts religiously, ms27's social media trend, and rejected contract offers:

I firmly believe that MS27 is taking his bets on himself preparing on a kawi knowing that this could be JG33s last year, lack of kawis on the line, injury prone tomac/grant, thinking that if I accept this offer from Motoconcepts I may actually put myself more down list of getting a factory ride.

So hes taking it into his own hands, proving his talent on a kawi, and hopefully catches their attention. I respect him a lot for this because it makes sense, how did deano get the ride? he rode a ktm before, Justin Barcia? experience on a Yamaha and the new bike fits his style, jack weimer? rode a Suzuki all winter got a fill in role.

So I see what he wants to do, and honestly think the kawi suits his riding style like it always has had for the stewarts.

If he pulls this off, I think a lot of the haters will take a step back and respect why he has been like this lately. let me know what you guys think about this.

3 days....

|

Justin Cooper is the future.

1/3/2018 8:58 AM

|

1/3/2018 8:59 AM

From loving kawasaki more than any harley rider loves harley, i can say kawi will leave grants spot empty or grab a PC rider for next year before they take mookie. Factory 450 teams want people who want to ride. The stewarts dont want to ride. Plain and simple.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

1/3/2018 9:00 AM

yeah that must be it?!??!??! put the crack pipe down

|

1/3/2018 9:04 AM

I get what you're saying , and it's been said before by quite a few ( including me ) that he possibly skipped the MCR deal so he wasn't tied into anything contractually. With that being said , maybe he could get a fill in ride , but something permanent? ......How serious does he take the outdoors? That right there is a huge deciding factor in when teams look at certain riders. " I think " we should wait to see how he does in the next month or so. And what if Eli and Josh both make it through the whole season uninjured? A fill in spot could come from many teams , not just green bikes.

After last season , I think it was a mistake to pass on that MCR deal honestly. They have great bikes and a great team , that would have given Malcolm total support to show case his skills AND earn a paycheck.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

1/3/2018 9:10 AM

if that strategy works or is plausible then I guess his phone should be blowing up right now from north carolina calls?!??!?!

|

1/3/2018 9:12 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

From loving kawasaki more than any harley rider loves harley, i can say kawi will leave grants spot empty or grab a PC rider for next year before they take mookie. Factory 450 teams want people who want to ride. The stewarts dont want to ride. Plain and simple.

ML512 disagrees with you

|

1/3/2018 9:22 AM

|

1/3/2018 10:15 AM

mauidex wrote:

if that strategy works or is plausible then I guess his phone should be blowing up right now from north carolina calls?!??!?!

He's better off on his own than that pile.

|

1/3/2018 10:18 AM

Besides if Bogle is out more than a week or two, they will probably move Bisceglia over

|

1/3/2018 10:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2018 10:26 AM

Kawasaki factory team will not do a supercross only ride for Malcolm and no full time seat will be made available for Malcolm for 2019. He is not going to earn a normal full season seat unless there have been some huge changes made. A supercross fill in might be available if badly needed but that's it.

|

1/3/2018 10:26 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

zehn wrote:

ML512 disagrees with you

I bet he takes bogles spot if anything since hes sx only.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

1/3/2018 10:31 AM

Who knows with Kawasaki's factory matriculation program. The Team Green to Pro Circuit transition happens regularly but the Pro Circuit to Factory 450 happens rarely. Off the top of my head I think it's happened 4 times in 25 seasons.

The last Pro Circuit guy to graduate to a Factory Kawasaki ride was Weimer in 2010. Villopoto in 2009. Carmichael in 1999. Hughes in 1996. Pro Circuit Kawasaki champions like Wilson, Baggett, Tickle, Pourcell, Townley, Langston, etc. have not been given Factory Kawasaki spots in the past after winning titles and being Kawasaki guys.

|

1/3/2018 10:46 AM

etccb wrote:

Kawasaki factory team will not do a supercross only ride for Malcolm and no full time seat will be made available for Malcolm for 2019. He is not going to earn a normal full season seat unless there have been some huge changes made. A supercross fill in might be available if badly needed but that's it.

I'd agree with this. I'd also say it's more likely that the next available ride at Monster Energy Kawasaki would go to someone moving up from the Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki team.

As for a fill-in ride, I like that teams will step up and actually fill seats on their teams while riders are out with injuries. On the other hand, I hate that the instant a rider goes down, fans are throwing out suggestions that make no sense at all. For example, riders on other brands, or spots that would require them to give up deals that might not be there afterwards.

It likely shouldn't have been a surprise that Justin Bogle isn't available for this week, given that there weren't any riding shots of him from their team shoot. The team was probably looking for a different answer from a doc this week (considering that he's traveling to the race), and this one sounds more like a short-term vacancy.

|

1/3/2018 10:50 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

zehn wrote:

ML512 disagrees with you

My condition was more or less a fill-in if say Grant or Tomac was hurt for the whole SX season...couple rounds, a PC rider would get it.

But now I hear Malcolm won't be at A1 anyhow...

|

Vital MX's Do-All Minion...

Instagram: @Michael_Lindsay512

1/3/2018 10:50 AM

If you believe some jungle drums, Malcolm won't be at A1...

|

1/3/2018 10:57 AM

GuyB wrote:

I would never have guessed so i guess FMF really was trolling me after all

|

1/3/2018 11:00 AM

Y'all are really wrecking my day.

|

1/3/2018 11:10 AM

ML512 wrote:

My condition was more or less a fill-in if say Grant or Tomac was hurt for the whole SX season...couple rounds, a PC rider would get it.

BOB SAGET!!!

|

1/3/2018 11:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2018 11:13 AM

I would pay $1200 to hang out with Mookie at a race! Big James is pretty cool to hang out with also.

|

1/3/2018 11:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2018 11:24 AM

Based off his (Malcolm) instagram post this am, I would guess he is not racing A1 as I would think he'd be in socal by now..... he doesn't mention racing at all an seems to be more interested in being silly than racing ....it's becoming more of joke to him than anything it seems..... he looked pretty good in those clips And I am sure he will follow his brothers footsteps and not bother to mention his plans to anyone

|

1/3/2018 11:15 AM

GuyB wrote:

Tickets sold out?

|

1/3/2018 11:27 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

zehn wrote:

ML512 disagrees with you

ML512 wrote:

Someone in the other thread just lost a hundy...lol

|

1/3/2018 11:46 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

Pretty much agree with this. As long as one of the two Monster Kawi riders are healthy then its unlikely they'll bring in an outside rider besides a PC guy.

|

1/3/2018 11:49 AM

RonJon wrote:

Besides if Bogle is out more than a week or two, they will probably move Bisceglia over

I think they stated this in the Hansen team thread, as long as Hanny is able to ride and put the bike out there for the sponsors then Matt is free to go to JGR for a fill in if needed.

|

1/3/2018 11:55 AM

I think the stewarts should be talked about on here like other retired racers and not over and over again in current racing season discussions until they show up behind a real live event gate drop. I am well over the games and the puppeteer moves.

|

1/3/2018 12:10 PM

GuyB wrote:

tek14 wrote:

Tickets sold out?

Winner ...

|

1/3/2018 12:21 PM

RedRum666 wrote:

Based off his (Malcolm) instagram post this am, I would guess he is not racing A1 as I would think he'd be in socal by now..... he doesn't mention racing at all an seems to be more interested in being silly than racing ....it's becoming more of joke to him than anything it seems..... he looked pretty good in those clips And I am sure he will follow his brothers footsteps and not bother to mention his plans to anyone

Certainly doesn’t look like Florida
|

1/3/2018 12:24 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

I get what you're saying , and it's been said before by quite a few ( including me ) that he possibly skipped the MCR deal so he wasn't tied into anything contractually. With that being said , maybe he could get a fill in ride , but something permanent? ......How serious does he take the outdoors? That right there is a huge deciding factor in when teams look at certain riders. " I think " we should wait to see how he does in the next month or so. And what if Eli and Josh both make it through the whole season uninjured? A fill in spot could come from many teams , not just green bikes.

After last season , I think it was a mistake to pass on that MCR deal honestly. They have great bikes and a great team , that would have given Malcolm total support to show case his skills AND earn a paycheck.

Genova let McAdoo go.

|

1/3/2018 12:24 PM

etccb wrote:

I think the stewarts should be talked about on here like other retired racers and not over and over again in current racing season discussions until they show up behind a real live event gate drop. I am well over the games and the puppeteer moves.

AGREE!

Wookie should have taken the Motoconcepts offer.

|