My names Dennis Jonon, and I suffer from severe head trauma

rawjahdesigns
Edited Date/Time 2/23/2022 10:32am
I raced, from the age of 4/5/6 years old in Arizona, Thursday night Thrasherland practices on a 60, getting multiple concussions and "waking up" with the flagger helping me while I'm also gasping for air because i also knocked the wind out myself...at least 5 times before the age of 9...

amateur career, from 10 years old to 17, I raced every amateur national every year. from battling with the top guys multiple years I had my fair share of big get-offs... I had at least 10 more concessions during this 7-8 year period, approx. 5 of them I woke up hours later.... once time at Cooperland Loretta qualifier, I crashed, outcome was I woke up on i-35 in wichita.. that's a solid 2 hours down the highway...

i now go to the doctors multiple times a week and suffer from multiple different sides effects i would never wish upon my worst enemy... one i'll publicly speak about is.... Just happens to be, we can't even get my Testosterone to stay above 200... I tested at 186 5 weeks ago again... OPTIMAL is like 600-800...

The point of my post is..... Sexton got fucked up... Blair helped because he's talking to the public on TV, but he was on flat ground and couldn't get on his bike-multiple trys. They bring the camera BACK to him, and he's stumbling and the medical crew is trying to hang on to him... CRAZY

Going to be a MEGA problem if Chase Sexton is on the starting line next weekend, or for many weekends after. Let's see if supercross takes concussions as seriously as they need to because that was just embarrassing and we never see change. Any guesses on what they will do? I bet he lines up next weekend.

|
2/19/2022 8:52pm
These are the same medical "experts" who let Zach Bell line up after landing a triple using his head as a front shock.
DynoDan22
2/19/2022 8:56pm
That was tough to watch. He clearly took a big hit tonthe head and he was disoriented. I know titles are the ultimate goal but after taking a hit like that, I sure hope they look out for his well being and long term health.
2/19/2022 9:00pm
Nothing will rock me like watching the AMA let McAdoo ride in 2020? or was it last year, constant battering to the brain and the team, ama, promoters let him ride and the announcers calling him a warrior, hero, TOUGH.
We have come a long way in attitude for concussions (and the science) but, I am agreeing with the OP.
They gotta take head trauma way more serious.
fanger
2/19/2022 9:05pm
The way he was moving straight after made me feel sick. Hopefully there isn't any pressure on him to push himself and he gets the time he needs to come back safely.

The Shop

motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
2/19/2022 9:08pm
I’m in the same boat. The last one I woke up in the cat scan machine after driving aimlessly around Houston for a couple hours due to a crash at 3 palms.
RaceFace58
2/19/2022 9:19pm
Thankfully his front wheel tacoed. I’m not sure if they were going to let him get back on there for a sec. Brought back memories of that time they’re holding the bike for Bubba when he was similarly out of it. Patting the seat for him. How they let that happen that time:….I could not believe that was the medical crew.
Melicar
2/19/2022 9:19pm
Augered. Fucking. In...

That was way worse looking than Bubba's Daytona Looney Tunes impression. He also seemed super combative with the medics.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
2/19/2022 9:27pm
I was happy that the medic stopped him taking off , in the past they have not ,

fins227
2/19/2022 9:40pm
He was out on his feet, I know the feeling. For what it’s worth it was the end of the race, so maybe fatigue played a part in the way he was stumbling.
kopfjaeger
2/19/2022 9:45pm
Following ct and medical, that kid needs about a month in a dark/dim room with no tv/cell/computer shit. Bed rest first couple days. And then slowly ease into simple dexterity/coordination stuf. I mean like passing a lacrosse ball or handball through his fingers on one hand and easing into balance stuff. Or he will definitely have ling term effects. Hopefully he will, but im afraid he will try to line up in a week or 2. Broc Hepler is an example. He got out and gave his brain a hella long time to heal
2/19/2022 9:45pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2022 9:48pm
I can't believe that they were actually letting him to try and get on the bike. The way he was staggering around after the crash, pushing people away, and then attempting to throw a leg over the bike....all with the track workers trying to help him get back on. Imagine what would have happened if he was able to remount and continue riding? That was tough to watch. Reminded me of Pastrana at the Gravity Games when he ate shit and some dipshit executive at NBC sent a reporter to interview him seconds later after the crash, or when he ko'd himself at X Games and they sent him out to do the finals with one of his eyes swollen shut. But tonight? That was ridiculous. He could have hurt himself even worse, hurt a fellow rider, or even send his bike into the crowd.
BAD10
2/19/2022 9:58pm
I raced, from the age of 4/5/6 years old in Arizona, Thursday night Thrasherland practices on a 60, getting multiple concussions and "waking up" with the...
I raced, from the age of 4/5/6 years old in Arizona, Thursday night Thrasherland practices on a 60, getting multiple concussions and "waking up" with the flagger helping me while I'm also gasping for air because i also knocked the wind out myself...at least 5 times before the age of 9...

amateur career, from 10 years old to 17, I raced every amateur national every year. from battling with the top guys multiple years I had my fair share of big get-offs... I had at least 10 more concessions during this 7-8 year period, approx. 5 of them I woke up hours later.... once time at Cooperland Loretta qualifier, I crashed, outcome was I woke up on i-35 in wichita.. that's a solid 2 hours down the highway...

i now go to the doctors multiple times a week and suffer from multiple different sides effects i would never wish upon my worst enemy... one i'll publicly speak about is.... Just happens to be, we can't even get my Testosterone to stay above 200... I tested at 186 5 weeks ago again... OPTIMAL is like 600-800...

The point of my post is..... Sexton got fucked up... Blair helped because he's talking to the public on TV, but he was on flat ground and couldn't get on his bike-multiple trys. They bring the camera BACK to him, and he's stumbling and the medical crew is trying to hang on to him... CRAZY

Going to be a MEGA problem if Chase Sexton is on the starting line next weekend, or for many weekends after. Let's see if supercross takes concussions as seriously as they need to because that was just embarrassing and we never see change. Any guesses on what they will do? I bet he lines up next weekend.

I remember your name well. Kawi kid right? You were a highly touted amateur prospect if I remember correctly. Not sure if you broke in to the pros? Sorry to hear about your lasting concussion effects. That sucks!
I wasn’t sure if Sexton hit his head or had the wind knocked out, but he was definitely wobbly after that one!
Bow977
Fantasy
115th
2/19/2022 10:11pm
What’s up Jonon! Hope all is well bud. Fun times in murrieta
Roczoff
2/19/2022 10:20pm
Thanks, Dennis. I appreciate you wanting to help; it's an uphill battle, but worth fighting.
Bruce372
2/19/2022 10:45pm
Best wishes and good health Dennis, I sincerely hope you get the best of doctors and progress to a better and healing life dude. That was a really tough read, and sadly most likely the tip of the iceberg in a lot of amateur sports going for the pro ranks.
flarider
2/20/2022 3:41am
Hey DJ, hope you're well.

I agree. He whacked his melon hard. I've done it a lot.

He needs a few weeks off
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
2/20/2022 5:14am
I can't believe that they were actually letting him to try and get on the bike. The way he was staggering around after the crash, pushing...
I can't believe that they were actually letting him to try and get on the bike. The way he was staggering around after the crash, pushing people away, and then attempting to throw a leg over the bike....all with the track workers trying to help him get back on. Imagine what would have happened if he was able to remount and continue riding? That was tough to watch. Reminded me of Pastrana at the Gravity Games when he ate shit and some dipshit executive at NBC sent a reporter to interview him seconds later after the crash, or when he ko'd himself at X Games and they sent him out to do the finals with one of his eyes swollen shut. But tonight? That was ridiculous. He could have hurt himself even worse, hurt a fellow rider, or even send his bike into the crowd.
Or when he crashed leading the outdoors, and went on to finish the race doing heal clickers and other tricks because he thought he was still winning

Or when bubba yarded at Daytona, had similar issues to Chase trying to get back in, but they let him race anyways
2/20/2022 5:17am
How did Friese not have a concussion from Shimoda tagging him in the head, wide open through the whoops? I would have bet money he wouldn't be lining up the following race because of concussion protocols but yet there he was
flarider
2/20/2022 5:23am
How did Friese not have a concussion from Shimoda tagging him in the head, wide open through the whoops? I would have bet money he wouldn't...
How did Friese not have a concussion from Shimoda tagging him in the head, wide open through the whoops? I would have bet money he wouldn't be lining up the following race because of concussion protocols but yet there he was
I guess it's kind of like a fighter, they get punched in the head a lot, but it takes that one shot right to the button and *DUMP*
2/20/2022 5:28am
How did Friese not have a concussion from Shimoda tagging him in the head, wide open through the whoops? I would have bet money he wouldn't...
flarider wrote:
I guess it's kind of like a fighter, they get punched in the head a lot, but it takes that one shot right to the button...
I guess it's kind of like a fighter, they get punched in the head a lot, but it takes that one shot right to the button and *DUMP*
Hmm that's a good observation
Leave Us To
2/20/2022 5:29am
kopfjaeger wrote:
Following ct and medical, that kid needs about a month in a dark/dim room with no tv/cell/computer shit. Bed rest first couple days. And then slowly...
Following ct and medical, that kid needs about a month in a dark/dim room with no tv/cell/computer shit. Bed rest first couple days. And then slowly ease into simple dexterity/coordination stuf. I mean like passing a lacrosse ball or handball through his fingers on one hand and easing into balance stuff. Or he will definitely have ling term effects. Hopefully he will, but im afraid he will try to line up in a week or 2. Broc Hepler is an example. He got out and gave his brain a hella long time to heal
Former Seals in DC area having been using isolation tanks (flotation tanks) for years to treat soldiers with TBI. The absence of stimuli in the tank allows the body to release (the word escapes me at the moment) that results in concussion symptoms being reduced.

They were using the tanks for work out recovery initially but then got feedback from soldiers on how much it helped them with their brain issues.
rawjahdesigns
2/20/2022 5:41am
flarider wrote:
I guess it's kind of like a fighter, they get punched in the head a lot, but it takes that one shot right to the button...
hey man! great to see YOU!!!
davis224
Fantasy
165th
2/20/2022 5:42am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2022 5:43am
After listening to Pastrana talk about concussions on WTS and what he's learned from the experts, theres a lot of armchair doctoring going on here. He said essentially every person is different, you can lightly bounce your head on the wall and get a serious concussion, or lawn dart and be fine, but there is still a ton to learn.

Did it "look" like he knocked himself silly from the couch? Yes, but I will put more faith in what Doc Bodnar sees from actually being there and talking to Chase, who he sees every weekend and would know if something was off. If he is concussed badly, then I'm sure they will take the appropriate precautions with what we know now. If he passed protocols, then I won't be screaming conspiracy from the sidelines. Chase himself has said he gets very emotional in situations like that, it could have been him freaking out over crashing himself out of a win and championship contention. Or maybe he was in fact delirious. None of us know for sure, only the people who were there and trained to know the signs. I'm sure it's an unpopular opinion but it's what I think.
rawjahdesigns
2/20/2022 5:42am
Bow977 wrote:
What’s up Jonon! Hope all is well bud. Fun times in murrieta
Hey dude!! Keep those storys in the Vault! HAHAHA
rawjahdesigns
2/20/2022 5:50am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2022 12:10pm
davis224 wrote:
After listening to Pastrana talk about concussions on WTS and what he's learned from the experts, theres a lot of armchair doctoring going on here. He...
After listening to Pastrana talk about concussions on WTS and what he's learned from the experts, theres a lot of armchair doctoring going on here. He said essentially every person is different, you can lightly bounce your head on the wall and get a serious concussion, or lawn dart and be fine, but there is still a ton to learn.

Did it "look" like he knocked himself silly from the couch? Yes, but I will put more faith in what Doc Bodnar sees from actually being there and talking to Chase, who he sees every weekend and would know if something was off. If he is concussed badly, then I'm sure they will take the appropriate precautions with what we know now. If he passed protocols, then I won't be screaming conspiracy from the sidelines. Chase himself has said he gets very emotional in situations like that, it could have been him freaking out over crashing himself out of a win and championship contention. Or maybe he was in fact delirious. None of us know for sure, only the people who were there and trained to know the signs. I'm sure it's an unpopular opinion but it's what I think.
I'm a fucking cry baby at times... I don't walk around in concussion manners because I'm throwing a temper tantrum... cant buy this one, sorry..

also, everything you are saying, isnt wrong, but it is going against what EVERYONE ELSE in here is saying because Doc Bodnar is the one for all these xx amounts of years allowing them to ride.... at the end of the day you gotta remember, this is a business....

Id be willing to BET MONEY, someone got paid CASH IN POCKET to get McAdoo back on the starting line after flying through the air like a mummy the other year.

I like Doc Bodnar, but he isnt a saint. With that being said...only he makes the correct choices, or is allowed to? I'm sure there is a lot of armchair quarterbacking going on... But id rather listen to 40 people on the same page, then honestly 1 doctors recommendation....

Why? I've been to 27 doctors since the age of 10 years old - For Psychiatric... Each time, diagnosed something different.

All it takes is a silent little wink wink to Bodnar, when hes holding up the flashlight to the eyes, etc etc tests, and hes on the line the next weekend, and some of these papers might show " negative" when they should be positive in reality...

sure this might sound like a conspiracy theory, but I've seen alottttttt more crazy shit go on than that... NEEDLES AN ALL!!!!!!
flarider
2/20/2022 6:01am
BTW, Dale Jr has an excellent podcast about concussions, his own concussions, his symptoms, diagnosis and why he retired from racing.

He is very open about head trauma, concussions and CTE
2/20/2022 6:02am
Go watch some TEDx on YouTube. They are learning tons about this type of thing with brain scans…it’s pretty cool and scary at the same time.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
2/20/2022 6:21am
davis224 wrote:
After listening to Pastrana talk about concussions on WTS and what he's learned from the experts, theres a lot of armchair doctoring going on here. He...

I'm a fucking cry baby at times... I don't walk around in concussion manners because I'm throwing a temper tantrum... cant buy this one, sorry.. also...
I'm a fucking cry baby at times... I don't walk around in concussion manners because I'm throwing a temper tantrum... cant buy this one, sorry..

also, everything you are saying, isnt wrong, but it is going against what EVERYONE ELSE in here is saying because Doc Bodnar is the one for all these xx amounts of years allowing them to ride.... at the end of the day you gotta remember, this is a business....

Id be willing to BET MONEY, someone got paid CASH IN POCKET to get McAdoo back on the starting line after flying through the air like a mummy the other year.

I like Doc Bodnar, but he isnt a saint. With that being said...only he makes the correct choices, or is allowed to? I'm sure there is a lot of armchair quarterbacking going on... But id rather listen to 40 people on the same page, then honestly 1 doctors recommendation....

Why? I've been to 27 doctors since the age of 10 years old - For Psychiatric... Each time, diagnosed something different.

All it takes is a silent little wink wink to Bodnar, when hes holding up the flashlight to the eyes, etc etc tests, and hes on the line the next weekend, and some of these papers might show " negative" when they should be positive in reality...

sure this might sound like a conspiracy theory, but I've seen alottttttt more crazy shit go on than that... NEEDLES AN ALL!!!!!!
I guess I would take your opinion over my own on Doc Bodnar not having the rider's best interest at heart, since you've met him and I haven't. I personally find it a bit hard to believe, but I guess that's where we part. Sorry to hear you've had bad experiences with doctors through your life. Happy to see your name after a long time, sorry it isn't under better circumstances.

I would hope that if he was in fact badly concussed, Chase and team would have the clarity to not sacrifice his future career that looks to have several titles on the way, over the next couple races in a championship that looks to be out of reach now.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
2/20/2022 6:21am
That was more like a punch than a sudden stop. The damage happens when there’s a sudden stop and the brain slams into the skull and deforms.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
2/20/2022 6:32am
davis224 wrote:

I'm a fucking cry baby at times... I don't walk around in concussion manners because I'm throwing a temper tantrum... cant buy this one, sorry.. also...

Come on man, your first post was great and agree 100% that concussions are nothing to mess with but to imply Doc Bodner is going to take a cash payoff for a side job that could result in him losing his license is something else

Post a reply to: My names Dennis Jonon, and I suffer from severe head trauma

The Latest