My motor

Old-Man
3/14/2014 2:27pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2014 2:28pm
peelout wrote:
bro, just read the last page... Dicks? you took your motor to some shop named Dicks without doing any research? lmao, fuckin send it to me...
bro, just read the last page... Dicks? you took your motor to some shop named Dicks without doing any research?

lmao, fuckin send it to me bro, shop is called "Fuckin' Assholes" we'll take care of you real good bro
Haaa, your shop name has a ring to it. "Dick~N~Asshole" a prison type theme but a ring never the less Laughing

EDIT: Your virtual shop
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
3/14/2014 2:31pm
yzjs7 wrote:
Has been in the shop since January 20th. Anyone ever been to "Dicks Racing" near Sacramento Ca. I am having the whole motor redone its an...
Has been in the shop since January 20th. Anyone ever been to "Dicks Racing" near Sacramento Ca. I am having the whole motor redone its an 01yz250. How much longer should it take to be fixed? I call but the guy isn't too friendly which is a deterrent. I want my baby back.
If you dont have the balls to call and ask about your motor then you deserve what you get.
mxb2
3/14/2014 2:40pm
Camp332 wrote:
You freakin tawkin to me!?
mxb2 wrote:
Just responding, you stated he was a kid, i just asked if he was a kid, why is he doing business alone. with that type of...
Just responding, you stated he was a kid, i just asked if he was a kid, why is he doing business alone. with that type of $$ involved.or product
Camp332 wrote:
Easy Bro. Just do some bench press, and fughedaboutit ova hee. Capeesh? I mean capice?
all good man.
peelout
3/14/2014 2:46pm
mxb2 wrote:
Just responding, you stated he was a kid, i just asked if he was a kid, why is he doing business alone. with that type of...
Just responding, you stated he was a kid, i just asked if he was a kid, why is he doing business alone. with that type of $$ involved.or product
Camp332 wrote:
Easy Bro. Just do some bench press, and fughedaboutit ova hee. Capeesh? I mean capice?
mxb2 wrote:
all good man.
you need to chill the fuck out, bro

The Shop

Jrewing
3/14/2014 3:40pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Don't be a pussy. Dicks fuck pussies, it's just what they do. Being an asshole won't cut it here, because sometimes dicks fucks assholes too. If...
Don't be a pussy. Dicks fuck pussies, it's just what they do. Being an asshole won't cut it here, because sometimes dicks fucks assholes too. If you really want to beat this dick you're going to have to sack up and be an even bigger dick.
Moving this back up top... My kids want to know what I'm laughing about... Are 3 and 5 yr olds ready for a life lesson explained in man talk?
Hall of fame stuff
Spartacus
3/14/2014 3:56pm
Get that bad ass from MD who's "going to introduce himself" to GuyB to call for you. He likes sounding tough.
BAMX
3/14/2014 4:09pm
newmann wrote:
And another thing, all this sue happy bullshit rolling in this thread yet at the first sign of a dumbass track owner operating a track in...
And another thing, all this sue happy bullshit rolling in this thread yet at the first sign of a dumbass track owner operating a track in a dumbass manner getting sued, every one cries foul. Make up your fucking minds, my head is starting to hurt. LaughingLaughingLaughingTongue
BAMX wrote:
So what is your way of solving this without suing him? He has had a simple job for months. Even with outside processing, it should have...
So what is your way of solving this without suing him? He has had a simple job for months. Even with outside processing, it should have been done weeks ago or month if they had their shit together. On top of it, he moved hundreds of miles away into another state without informing the guy beforehand. He is rude and obviously has no answers as to when or if it will be done. I get that things take time but taking a guys motor out of state is BS. I would hope that Dick's would comp the shipping back to him since they didn't bother telling him they were moving..
newmann wrote:
Do you have any idea how long it takes to get something through small claims court? The process involved? You still have no idea what's wrong...
Do you have any idea how long it takes to get something through small claims court? The process involved? You still have no idea what's wrong with the engine.

I also would hope that he would cover shipping if he did indeed move without telling a soul. But, the OP didn't say anything about not being able to contact the guy and find out if he is still there or actually moved. Dick might be a dick, but there are a whole lot of them out there. Getting harder and harder to dodge them these days.
I hear you but my understanding was that he talked to the guy and he was a dick and didn't get anything resolved. As for the motor, there isn't anything on that bike that couldn't be handled in a month to 6 weeks outside. It isn't a vintage bike with unobtanium parts or parts that need to be fabricated from scratch. If there is an issue with getting something, he should have been contacted.

As for small claims, yes I understand the process unfortunately. I agree it is a pain in the ass and takes forever but if Dick won't resolve it, that is the only option. The whole go beat it out of him doesn't work. His other problem is that he would only get a judgment. He would still have to collect, but he would be in a better position with that judgment.
Camp332
3/14/2014 5:13pm
Camp332 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
all good man.
peelout wrote:
Peel, what are we going to do with this Bro? He's all fired up!

"All good man"?

Really?

How you gonna hit me with the: "All good man"?

That cuts deep bro.
3/14/2014 5:20pm
Spartacus wrote:
Get that bad ass from MD who's "going to introduce himself" to GuyB to call for you. He likes sounding tough.
He wasn't the one making the threats in that thread, although he didn't shy away from one made to him.
Spartacus
3/14/2014 5:26pm
It's hard to keep all the drama straight around here.

My mistake.
peelout
3/14/2014 6:26pm
mxb2 wrote:
all good man.
peelout wrote:
Camp332 wrote:
Peel, what are we going to do with this Bro? He's all fired up! "All good man"? Really? How you gonna hit me with the: "All...
Peel, what are we going to do with this Bro? He's all fired up!

"All good man"?

Really?

How you gonna hit me with the: "All good man"?

That cuts deep bro.
Not now Chief, I'm in the fuckin zone
yzjs7
3/14/2014 9:00pm
I emailed him today. It's been two months not three. You guys are funny.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
3/14/2014 9:03pm
yzjs7 wrote:
Maybe when your balls drop you can man up and call him.
newmann
3/14/2014 10:05pm
yzjs7 wrote:
Yeah, but in another month it will be 4. Vital math!
erikcrvjl
3/14/2014 10:31pm
yzjs7 wrote:
You have some serious anger issues sir.
Katoomey
3/14/2014 11:01pm
Dick is well known in off-road riding circles as being a real asshole and an almost scumbag-level business man.

...it's too bad too, because the guy knows his way around a dirtbike like a hamster in a habitrail.
Old-Man
3/14/2014 11:22pm
yzjs7 wrote:
Yes they are...Lotta Man crushin going on .........BRO!Laughing
Fearo
3/15/2014 1:23am Edited Date/Time 3/15/2014 1:23am
FIREfish148
3/15/2014 3:24am
yzjs7 wrote:
Post it. I don't believe you.
SwapperMX
3/15/2014 3:36am Edited Date/Time 3/15/2014 3:37am
This guy has the right attitude !! I suggest taking a leaf out of his book !!!

markit
3/15/2014 4:17am
He found out you know JS7 so hes actually doing a factory build!!! You luck dog.
Wiley
3/15/2014 7:07am Edited Date/Time 3/15/2014 7:08am
yzjs7, give them some time and you'll get your motor back where you'll be very happy.

I've had Dick's Racing working on my stuff for the past five years now and I can only write of great things. They do amazing work, but you must be patient for perfection. My interactions with Dick and his son have ALWAYS been pleasant. Dick is an educated engineer and not a communications expert, so your moto is going to run great and your communications may be minimum. Just give him some time.

Yes, he has moved his business to Utah. When I've talked to him recently I've understood a few things with this move. He's been very busy and is now working on his own. His son went to work for another company (due to the expected move to Utah), so his workload has been tougher now that he has to do it all on his own. I can only imagine that this is why your motor is taking longer than expected. Also, his family (wife and young kids) moved to Utah months ago where he's stayed in CA since then. I don't doubt him being away from them has been tough, so tough that it's hard to not let it affect his communications with others.

Just give it some time and you'll get back an awesome motor.
mxb2
3/15/2014 7:16am
Wiley wrote:
yzjs7, give them some time and you'll get your motor back where you'll be very happy. I've had Dick's Racing working on my stuff for the...
yzjs7, give them some time and you'll get your motor back where you'll be very happy.

I've had Dick's Racing working on my stuff for the past five years now and I can only write of great things. They do amazing work, but you must be patient for perfection. My interactions with Dick and his son have ALWAYS been pleasant. Dick is an educated engineer and not a communications expert, so your moto is going to run great and your communications may be minimum. Just give him some time.

Yes, he has moved his business to Utah. When I've talked to him recently I've understood a few things with this move. He's been very busy and is now working on his own. His son went to work for another company (due to the expected move to Utah), so his workload has been tougher now that he has to do it all on his own. I can only imagine that this is why your motor is taking longer than expected. Also, his family (wife and young kids) moved to Utah months ago where he's stayed in CA since then. I don't doubt him being away from them has been tough, so tough that it's hard to not let it affect his communications with others.

yea ,give him time, 3 months is not enough lol.
blusmbl
3/15/2014 7:33am
nytsmaC wrote:
Don't be a pussy. Dicks fuck pussies, it's just what they do. Being an asshole won't cut it here, because sometimes dicks fucks assholes too. If...
Don't be a pussy. Dicks fuck pussies, it's just what they do. Being an asshole won't cut it here, because sometimes dicks fucks assholes too. If you really want to beat this dick you're going to have to sack up and be an even bigger dick.
Jrewing wrote:
Moving this back up top... My kids want to know what I'm laughing about... Are 3 and 5 yr olds ready for a life lesson explained...
Moving this back up top... My kids want to know what I'm laughing about... Are 3 and 5 yr olds ready for a life lesson explained in man talk?
Hall of fame stuff
Pond Scum
3/15/2014 7:55am
I emailed Dick this link, glad I could help.
Torco1
3/15/2014 7:57am
I wouldn't be too worried yet, it takes a lot of filing to get a 450 piston to fit in a 250 cylinder.
JeepnMike
3/15/2014 8:19am
Wiley wrote:
yzjs7, give them some time and you'll get your motor back where you'll be very happy. I've had Dick's Racing working on my stuff for the...

Even if Dick puts out (no pun) some great work, he is going to be out of business if he doesn't work on his communication skills. Would it be too much to ask to just explain this to his customers calling to see what is taking so long? Or even a blanket email to all of his current customers with work in his shop saying "I apologize for the delay, please let me explain why". Clearly yzjs7 is possibly a bigger pushover than me, I seriously doubt he was rude when calling to ask what the status was for his motor.

Either way, Dick needs to be taught new tricks.
nytsmaC
3/15/2014 8:33am
Dude, do you want one of us to call Dick for you and get some answers already? I don't get why it is so difficult.
DEMONDAVE
3/15/2014 8:57am
just call up ole' dick and state the facts "look homie James is faltering right now due to the lack of his best practice partner (you) , I need my motor back asap if we are going to salvage a run at this title or be ready for the outdoors , come on ya gotta step this up BRO"
that ought to do it .
tzmike
3/15/2014 9:09am
This was copied from his web site.
NOTICE : "have it RIGHT BACK TO YOU"..

What, before you need a walker and assisted living?

2-STROKE ENGINE REBUILDS
Whether you need your cylinder replated or your crank needs a new rod. Transmission work? No problem. We can get the parts, do the work and have it right back to you. Why settle for second best; have it done right the first time!
$275 - 475 + parts

Post a reply to: My motor

The Latest