My kickstarter busted.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/10/2020 3:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2020 3:26 PM

You would think that a company that caters to moto could come up with a better commercial, they've only been running it for a couple of years now. Come on chaparral, you have to do better than that. That commercial makes me NOT want to buy anything.

|

1/10/2020 3:39 PM

90s suzuki kickstarters bro. If you know, you know.

|

1/10/2020 3:46 PM

They amount of inventory they move is insane. I'm sure the commercial tributes to a very minimal amount of revenue they generate and I'm sure it's the last of their worries. Would love to pay them a visit.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

1/10/2020 3:48 PM

My electric start buttons busted

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

1/10/2020 4:32 PM

He does ask the guy where he gets his parts from !!

|

1/10/2020 4:34 PM

This never happened to you? I snapped the kickstarter off my 450 just the other day. It can easily happen.

|

1/10/2020 4:43 PM

Oddly I actually do need a kick starter they could use my bike to make a sequel.

|

1/10/2020 5:24 PM

I thought they used that specific line to kind of say, we have out of date parts too.

|

1/10/2020 5:26 PM

Your kickstarter busted?

I hear Chaparral is a good place for that type of thing!

|

1/10/2020 5:28 PM

Dirty Points wrote:

Your kickstarter busted?

Where did you hear that from?

|

1/10/2020 5:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2020 6:04 PM

Dirty Points wrote:

Your kickstarter busted?

Racer_Twentynine wrote:

It was just one of those things that happens all the time: I was at the track when my kickstarter just busted, and after announcing it loudly, I asked the dude next to me, "Where do you get all your parts?"

|

1/10/2020 6:38 PM

Seems like a typical American ad to me. When I've been streaming SX I can't believe how cringey your TV ads are, some of them almost seem like a joke.

|

1/10/2020 6:42 PM

woody woodpecker wrote:

Seems like a typical American ad to me. When I've been streaming SX I can't believe how cringey your TV ads are, some of them almost seem like a joke.

Well some of them are meant to be that way

|

1/10/2020 6:57 PM

Dirty Points wrote:

Your kickstarter busted?

Racer_Twentynine wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

It was just one of those things that happens all the time: I was at the track when my kickstarter just busted, and after announcing it loudly, I asked the dude next to me, "Where do you get all your parts?"

That's some good luck right there. No idea where on earth you would begin looking for parts these days. Hope you gave that guy a high 5.

|

1/10/2020 7:01 PM

woody woodpecker wrote:

The Peyroni disease ad last year was a good one. Don't think it was a joke though.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

1/10/2020 7:06 PM

Racer_Twentynine wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

Racer_Twentynine wrote:

That's some good luck right there. No idea where on earth you would begin looking for parts these days. Hope you gave that guy a high 5.

Actually, I never got to even hear his answer.

As soon as I was finished asking the question, everything got blurry and I was instantly transported to a wonderland of parts counters, tire racks, and royalty-free guitar rock. Good times.

|

1/10/2020 7:50 PM

They should go back to the "make fun of the goon ad" they had a few years ago

|

1/10/2020 7:59 PM

peltier626 wrote:

You would think that a company that caters to moto could come up with a better commercial, they've only been running it for a couple of years now. Come on chaparral, you have to do better than that. That commercial makes me NOT want to buy anything.

Probably don't sell kickstarters anyways, or just the brands they carry.
Remember when yer mom caught you polishing the purple helmet? That's what "busted" means to me.

|

1/10/2020 10:38 PM

Dirty Points wrote:

Racer_Twentynine wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

As soon as I was finished asking the question, everything got blurry and I was instantly transported to a wonderland of parts counters, tire racks, and royalty-free guitar rock. Good times.

This is fucking gold 🤣

|

1/10/2020 10:47 PM

Better than running out of gas at Glamis

|

1/10/2020 11:25 PM

I have to agree that it seems like an amateurish ad for such a big company.

|

1/10/2020 11:28 PM

The way he moves his hands to make it seem like he’s talking bugs me more than it should.

|

1/11/2020 4:54 AM

And we have Cycle Gear here in Houston!!!

|

1/11/2020 5:24 AM

Hate it when that happens.

|

I no longer regret my username.

1/11/2020 5:42 AM

That commercial would have been much more effective if the guy rolled up and said, "Hey my sprocket bolts are loose, where do you buy your torque wrenches?"

|

1/11/2020 8:29 AM

woody woodpecker wrote:

UK ads seem really corny to us, too. It's small differences in language, inflection, and normal interactions between people. Other countries do it just differently enough that you can't tell if they are kidding or not.
Go watch a tv commercial from India or even Australia and I'll bet you would feel the same.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

1/11/2020 8:31 AM

That same commercial in 1940's America:
"Say, my Kickstarter busted and the darn thing simply won't go."
"Why, you should go to Chapparal. Then you'll be cooking with gas!"

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

1/11/2020 9:04 AM

Dirty Points wrote:

Racer_Twentynine wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

No such luck here. I tried all night announcing my kick starter is busted. No magic portal opened no guitars nothing.......
Still just a busted kick starter on my 2008 CRF450.

|

1/11/2020 9:37 AM

Who watches commercials? I DVR everything and skip through the commercials.But I have had a kick starter break on me way out in the boonies,push starting bikes suck.

|

1/11/2020 10:02 AM

Racer_Twentynine wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

Racer_Twentynine wrote:

No such luck here. I tried all night announcing my kick starter is busted. No magic portal opened no guitars nothing.......
Still just a busted kick starter on my 2008 CRF450.

Did you forget to do the arm movement? That’s usually why it won’t work.

|