My hopes for Jeffrey....

TeamGreen
Edited Date/Time 9/13/2014 5:03pm
I'd love to see him Rail the 1st Moto in Mexico...then...after WINNIG IT....

Take the gate for the 2nd Moto...pull the f'k over...& wait for the last lap & roll the finish.

I really dig this kid & I'm really, really hoping he comes to the U.S. & crushes it!

No matter: just leave Mexico in Good Health.

#HAVEFUN

|
hillbilly
9/12/2014 4:24pm
Me to,

I don't see how some of these guys can hate on him for not having any competition and staying in mx2.

A talent like him doesn't come along very often ,cant blame him for wanting to rewrite the record books.

Sunhouse
9/12/2014 4:29pm
I just hope he doesn´t ruin his career by riding too early after injury
Excaliburbmx
9/12/2014 6:28pm
No hate just a talent like him needs to shine against equal talent.

The Shop

S.Loyer
9/12/2014 6:40pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I'd love to see him Rail the 1st Moto in Mexico...then...after WINNIG IT.... Take the gate for the 2nd Moto...pull the f'k over...& wait for the...

Take the gate for the 2nd Moto...pull the f'k over...& wait for the last lap & roll the finish.

I really dig this kid & I'm really, really hoping he comes to the U.S. & crushes it!

#HAVEFUN

You want him to act like a cocky douchebag after he wins his pointless empty title?
Excaliburbmx
9/12/2014 7:06pm
So ktm is ok with Roczen moving up and having him and Dungey go 1-2 but mxgp the golden child cant race the superior class?
EastCoastMx
9/12/2014 7:08pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I'd love to see him Rail the 1st Moto in Mexico...then...after WINNIG IT.... Take the gate for the 2nd Moto...pull the f'k over...& wait for the...

#HAVEFUN

S.Loyer wrote:
You want him to act like a cocky douchebag after he wins his pointless empty title?
How many GP's have you won? Pointless Title? Get a life
hillbilly
9/12/2014 7:25pm
TeamGreen wrote:

#HAVEFUN

S.Loyer wrote:
Whats the problem,like looking in the mirror or something?
9/12/2014 8:05pm
TeamGreen wrote:

#HAVEFUN

All I want is for Herlings to NOT further his injured leg. It would be a sad commentary on competitive sports if he sustained more damage to an already broken leg.
akillerwombat
9/12/2014 8:19pm
hillbilly wrote:
Me to, I don't see how some of these guys can hate on him for not having any competition and staying in mx2. A talent like...
Me to,

I don't see how some of these guys can hate on him for not having any competition and staying in mx2.

A talent like him doesn't come along very often ,cant blame him for wanting to rewrite the record books.

As much as I respect the talent he has, not moving up is basically like saying he's the best minor league ballplayer there has ever been.
TeamGreen
9/12/2014 9:12pm
hillbilly wrote:
Me to, I don't see how some of these guys can hate on him for not having any competition and staying in mx2. A talent like...
Me to,

As much as I respect the talent he has, not moving up is basically like saying he's the best minor league ballplayer there has ever been.
If KTM pays you a small-fortune to be #1 in a specific class...well...that's what'cha do.

They spend A LOT of $$$ on WINNING.
Zracer
9/12/2014 9:25pm
TeamGreen wrote:

#HAVEFUN

S.Loyer wrote:
Why yes ,yes I do.
MotoMalyDad
9/12/2014 9:33pm
Has anyone personally asked him about moving up to MX1 ? Maybe KTM wants to own MX1 and MX2
shanes
9/12/2014 9:38pm
hillbilly wrote:
Me to,

he is also one of the younger ones in the class , KTM pays the bills if they want to to stay there that is where he stays , as soon as 222 stops winning KTM will move him up
the_wood109
9/12/2014 9:42pm
Riders can have short or long careers. His series has rules about class participation....once he hits that age he can't race again in the 250 class. He is making a smart choice as a rider. Riders literally put their well being on the line for a contract.

I say milk it.

I'm super bummed that we didn't get to see him race a national, but his career choices are his alone. And again, he didn't choose to get injured.

"I'll go out and break my femur" said nobody, ever.

I recall this type of pressure on various other riders. Most have made bad decisions, some have excelled. Regardless, the risk vs reward is pretty small for a motorcycle racer, and with fans like these....
9/12/2014 10:57pm
Has anyone personally asked him about moving up to MX1 ? Maybe KTM wants to own MX1 and MX2
That's exactly what is going on. They want titles in both classes. What's the point of him battling with Cairoli in MX1 while a Honda or Kawa takes the 250 title, from KTM's point of view?

Again, JH wants to move up but KTM (his employer, the company that pays his salary) doesn't let him do that. It's just not up to him.
9/13/2014 7:28am
shanes wrote:
he is also one of the younger ones in the class , KTM pays the bills if they want to to stay there that is where...
he is also one of the younger ones in the class , KTM pays the bills if they want to to stay there that is where he stays , as soon as 222 stops winning KTM will move him up
So that's when RV goes to the GP's. :D
davistld01
9/13/2014 7:47am
TeamGreen wrote:

#HAVEFUN

S.Loyer wrote:
I get what Team Green is saying...and what you're saying as far as the attitude he displays. Herlings is a great talent, and has come a million miles fast from the "cocky douchebag" that he came off as in interviews when he was younger...and Everts has obviously been behind that. Good for him. If he wins the Mexico GP, he should crush the competition and not be an arrogant ass in the process, which I don't imagine he'll be. Domination of a class speaks loudly for itself...no need to speak loudly of yourself too. Everybody with a brain knows he's the best anyway.

And, no world GP title is ever pointless or empty. That's like saying every SX title MC, RC or RV won was pointless and empty simply because they were the class of the class at that time. For Herlings to beat the best 250f riders in Europe is an achievement for any rider, because anything can happen any time. I hope KTM moves him up soon, but if they don't they don't. It's because their name is on his paychecks, and not his.
akillerwombat
9/13/2014 8:22am
TeamGreen wrote:
If KTM pays you a small-fortune to be #1 in a specific class...well...that's what'cha do.

They spend A LOT of $$$ on WINNING.
I don't blame him for staying down... I'm sure KTM has a fair amount of say in the deal, the money is great, and he's still allowed in the class. Look how many guys stay in the 250 class here until the last possible moment (or even slow down at the end of the season so they can prevent pointing out).

I was just talking in reference to the "wanting to rewrite record books" line from Hillbilly. It's undoubtedly an amazing thing to be one of the fastest MX2 riders ever, but to really cement his name in the record books I feel like he has to move up. Look at RC & JS, both beyond dominate in the 125 class but when they graduated to 250's (and 450's respectively) they both had drastically different results. RC proved he was the GOAT by maintaining that level of dominance while JS7 (who is known as one of the most talented guys to ever ride a bike) couldn't.
hammertime
9/13/2014 9:02am
some dude on my forum said he hopes 15 ama 250 pro's show up and fuck his trip!!!
Xavier
9/13/2014 9:22am Edited Date/Time 9/13/2014 9:24am
Jeffrey did'nt ride free practise (nothing surprising there).

Live timing doesn't work, hope they fix it soon.

Anstie fastest, then Tonkov, Febvre, Covington, Ferrandis, Tonus, Guillot, Tixier (8th) etc.

There are 16 "regulars" on top 16, then 6 Mexicans (fastest is 14 seconds down from Anstie, slowest is 27 seconds down, "pole" is in 1.58'0), then Herlings with 0 lap.
TMV
9/13/2014 9:34am
hammertime wrote:
some dude on my forum said he hopes 15 ama 250 pro's show up and fuck his trip!!!
Except he could beat ten of them with only one leg...
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
9/13/2014 9:39am
Guys. He just turned 20, TWENTY!
If you leave out roczen who has always moved up early like from 85 to 250 and so on, he will still be young to move up with 21...
500guy
9/13/2014 9:44am
Does Herlings get a spot on the gate tomorrow no matter what or does He have to race the qualifier ?
Xavier
9/13/2014 9:49am
He has to do time practice and qualify through today's race

For the actual motos, he does not have to cross the finish line or do a certain percentage of laps (compared to the winner); as long as he is in the points, he scores

Xavier
9/13/2014 9:52am Edited Date/Time 9/13/2014 9:59am
450 free practice : Paulin 1'55'8 (almost 2s faster than 2nd place)

Then Simpson, Karro, Potisek, Goncalvès, Van Ho, Cairoli (5s down from Paulin), Strijbos, Searle, Frossard, Guarnieri, Nagl, etc.

Seems like not every usual top guy went for it in that session.

There are 19 regulars and 10 locals.

Last local is 43s down from Paulin (a lap)...
Xavier
9/13/2014 10:03am Edited Date/Time 9/13/2014 10:18am
500guy wrote:
Does Herlings get a spot on the gate tomorrow no matter what or does He have to race the qualifier ?
Herlings will face "faster" locals in MX2 than their MX1 counter-parts.

He has to beat 3 of these guys (if everybody finishes the qualifier).

Fastest local MX2 is (so far) "only" 5s down on the last "regular" (Yamamoto).

But the last three are in 2'21, 2'23 and 2'25 when Anstie is 1'58.

So it's safe to say that if he can at least ride around, 30s a lap slower than his usual self, Herlings will go through the qualifiers and score some points tomorrow.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
9/13/2014 11:21am
500guy wrote:
Xavier wrote:
Herlings will face "faster" locals in MX2 than their MX1 counter-parts. He has to beat 3 of these guys (if everybody finishes the qualifier). Fastest local...
Herlings will face "faster" locals in MX2 than their MX1 counter-parts.

He has to beat 3 of these guys (if everybody finishes the qualifier).

Fastest local MX2 is (so far) "only" 5s down on the last "regular" (Yamamoto).

But the last three are in 2'21, 2'23 and 2'25 when Anstie is 1'58.

So it's safe to say that if he can at least ride around, 30s a lap slower than his usual self, Herlings will go through the qualifiers and score some points tomorrow.
Some points wont do.
My guess is he needs at least 15 if tixier gets 38
Aryen
9/13/2014 1:21pm
He's cruising around in qualifying, just to get at the gate for tomorrow. Laptimes 25 seconds slower than Tixier.

Post a reply to: My hopes for Jeffrey....

The Latest