My helmet cam wish list

JM485
3/21/2018 9:16pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Thanks Josh! Hey , so what is the difference in the versions? I've seen the like 3 , 4 , 5 and just one labeled sessions....with...
Thanks Josh! Hey , so what is the difference in the versions? I've seen the like 3 , 4 , 5 and just one labeled sessions....with no number. Do the upper end ones have a bunch of bells and whistles that we wouldn't use?
The numbers are just their evolution of products, so the 5 would be the latest out of that list. I just upgraded to the 5 after having some issues with my 4, and it seems like the video shows speed better and has a little better coloring/contrast. There are a bunch of different settings, ranging from 720p to 4k video, but I record in 1080p/60fps (frames per second) since that seems to give the best balance of quality vs memory card space. Settings are easily changed on the camera, and the product guide will explain it all easily. Keep in mind that a lot of laptops and monitors can't even play 4k video effectively, so record only to what your screen can handle. If you ended up going the session route, I would just go with the 5 and it will last you a long time, you're paying for quality of front but there are good deals to be had on Amazon sometimes and I think it's well worth it. I picture it kind of like parts for the bike, a cheap one might work alright for a bit but in the long run you'll be happier with quality stuff.

Might as well try out the camera you have though and see if it's something you want to get in to before you fork a bunch of money out. I use mine every weekend so I'm pretty picky about the quality, but if you're just using it every now and then and aren't really into it, then the cheaper ones might be all good for you.
jeffro503
3/21/2018 9:49pm
JM485 wrote:
The numbers are just their evolution of products, so the 5 would be the latest out of that list. I just upgraded to the 5 after...
The numbers are just their evolution of products, so the 5 would be the latest out of that list. I just upgraded to the 5 after having some issues with my 4, and it seems like the video shows speed better and has a little better coloring/contrast. There are a bunch of different settings, ranging from 720p to 4k video, but I record in 1080p/60fps (frames per second) since that seems to give the best balance of quality vs memory card space. Settings are easily changed on the camera, and the product guide will explain it all easily. Keep in mind that a lot of laptops and monitors can't even play 4k video effectively, so record only to what your screen can handle. If you ended up going the session route, I would just go with the 5 and it will last you a long time, you're paying for quality of front but there are good deals to be had on Amazon sometimes and I think it's well worth it. I picture it kind of like parts for the bike, a cheap one might work alright for a bit but in the long run you'll be happier with quality stuff.

Might as well try out the camera you have though and see if it's something you want to get in to before you fork a bunch of money out. I use mine every weekend so I'm pretty picky about the quality, but if you're just using it every now and then and aren't really into it, then the cheaper ones might be all good for you.
Thanks again Josh. And yeah for sure , I'll check mine out over the next couple months and see how she records and stuff. I had no idea that the GP Sessions camera was able to fit under a visor like that. I like that setup a lot. Lots of riding and racing planned this year , so I'll be getting tons of video.

The Shop

Post a reply to: My helmet cam wish list

The Latest