My friend needs help for Hangtown this weekend asap

Related:
Create New Tag

5/16/2018 12:55 PM

My friend is supposed to be racing Hangtown National this weekend in the lites class, he was flying out and borrowing a bike to race ( putting his suspension on it ).

Problem is the bike he was supposed to be using sounds like its not going to be there now.

If by chance anyone on here lives near Hangtown and has a 14 and up YZ250F he could race that's not trashed, I am sure he would get you mechanics pass or something for helping ( that can be discussed with him )

If anyone can help please call or text Zac at 260-242-1217

He is trying to figure something out today because hes unsure if he can even switch or cancel his flight at this point now.

Thanks !

|

5/16/2018 3:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2018 3:46 PM

I don't know how it is in the US but from my perpective it sounds risky to lend a bike for free to a fast rider even for a week end. I don't know how to help but maybe he could introduce himself, not sure he will be able to race this round but maybe he will find a "sponsor buddy" for another round. It is rare to have it for free too, nothing is free, especially for the owner who pays the bills afterwards. Your friend may also have to come at least with decent cash for gas / tires / piston / graphics, which sounds normal, + another envelope in case of a bad crash (radiator, subframe, exhaust).

Probably you should call all the yam dealers near Hangtown to see if they can help too. They probably have a yzf 2014-2017 for sale and may be ok to rent it from 0 (depending on the rider pedigree) to $3 to 500 for 1 day (+500 to 1000 deposit). That includes MUCHO stickers of their shop to thank them as they take a risk as well. You will have to sell them the opportunity to be represented at the local NATIONAL race, which at the moment they may not, and all there customers are welcome to come by to see the rider in the pits. Good luck !

EDIT: In last recourse I would also call all the MX tracks owners to see if them or one of their buddies would be ok with it.

|

5/16/2018 3:49 PM

He was giving the person a pipe, pass, and putting new tires on it for the race, so not expecting it for free I just don’t know every little detail of what he’s willing to do

|

5/16/2018 3:51 PM

Wish I could help him out. Hopefully something pops up soon

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals