My first big crash (GoPro)

Jordan421
Fantasy
2594th
1/22/2013 8:26pm
Jordan421 wrote:
it was scripted. two people right next to each other with gopro's and you have both views. nice try man.
man i was they guy on the other bike why wuld we script that you fuggin loser
well i guess this kid is mad, just get some sleep for school tomorrow.
jeffro503
1/22/2013 11:29pm
Not going to comment on how "Big" the crash was....since I ran a big indoor AX for many years....and have seen ( and been involved in some "Big" crashes). As for the original poster Dustin......I'm just glad to see that you came away ok and not to badly hurt. Going into on-coming traffic is when things can get really bad.....really fast! I spent 17 days in the hospital from a complete 2nd gear wide open into another rider who was going just as fast as I was......not a good memory at all.

Bottom line is.....I'm glad you're ok.
scooter5002
1/23/2013 12:34am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2013 12:35am
Well Dustbag, I'm glad you're okay. That crash could have ended a LOT worse. Now let me give you some of my usual advice. Don't go back to Chestermans, until you have considerably more saddle time and experience. You rode three times this year and then go there. Physically, you are not even ready for that environment. It's far too tight to just "show up and ride". If you think back to my advice to you a few weeks ago, you should be in the gym training for the racing season. Season opener is at the Dunes. Trust me, if you want to race that, park that bike and head to the gym. Now.
I live 10 minutes from that track, and I've never ridden it. Nor will I. A good friend of mine broke his back there, in the clam shell for months. When shit goes wrong there, it REALLY goes wrong. You were lucky this time.
Robgvx
1/23/2013 2:11am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2013 2:16am
iamdustin wrote:
lol! [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y4E09YlN7c]heres my buddies video of the track[/url] you can see its a corner that dips down. Yes I was very lucky! If you watch the...
lol! heres my buddies video of the track you can see its a corner that dips down. Yes I was very lucky! If you watch the video I posted when its the angle from my friends helmet you can see another bike coming so that was really lucky. I wasn't the only rider that went over the berm that day just others didnt go flying off it. Poor track design but there isn't much of a way around it

p.s in my friends video you can see another rider do the same thing. at 1:08
Couple of things that are going through my mind:

1. YOU were not lucky that someone didn't hit you. It's the other guys who were the lucky ones.

2. Rider who is below the skill level of being able to pull the clutch in instinctively + supercrossy indoor track = really bad idea.

The Shop

PaleBlue
1/23/2013 2:56am
Thank f*uck you were not going at any speed at all. Mind you, sometimes the slow ones do the most injury - hope you recover from the brain damage real soon.
1/23/2013 4:35am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/01/22/image_344992.jpg[/img]
Looks like Reed hasnt quite locked his hips prior to hitting this kicker. Hence the massive eject button....
Lucky Canard wasnt around, otherwise Reed's bike may have "dropped out of the sky" Morais style....
TerryK
1/23/2013 7:19am
Hey, ease up on the kid. You guys are being kind of harsh with him don't you think? At least he rides, which is more than many of you do.

And suzukinash99: chill out bro, I got this.

Smile
iamdustin
1/28/2013 8:31am
jeffro503 wrote:
Not going to comment on how "Big" the crash was....since I ran a big indoor AX for many years....and have seen ( and been involved in...
Not going to comment on how "Big" the crash was....since I ran a big indoor AX for many years....and have seen ( and been involved in some "Big" crashes). As for the original poster Dustin......I'm just glad to see that you came away ok and not to badly hurt. Going into on-coming traffic is when things can get really bad.....really fast! I spent 17 days in the hospital from a complete 2nd gear wide open into another rider who was going just as fast as I was......not a good memory at all.

Bottom line is.....I'm glad you're ok.
Thanks man so am I, was just kinda scary for me after it all happened cause ive only had tip overs! holy crap I bet man that was my fear when it was happening! Thats insane! once again thanks!
iamdustin
1/28/2013 8:36am
Well Dustbag, I'm glad you're okay. That crash could have ended a LOT worse. Now let me give you some of my usual advice. Don't go...
Well Dustbag, I'm glad you're okay. That crash could have ended a LOT worse. Now let me give you some of my usual advice. Don't go back to Chestermans, until you have considerably more saddle time and experience. You rode three times this year and then go there. Physically, you are not even ready for that environment. It's far too tight to just "show up and ride". If you think back to my advice to you a few weeks ago, you should be in the gym training for the racing season. Season opener is at the Dunes. Trust me, if you want to race that, park that bike and head to the gym. Now.
I live 10 minutes from that track, and I've never ridden it. Nor will I. A good friend of mine broke his back there, in the clam shell for months. When shit goes wrong there, it REALLY goes wrong. You were lucky this time.
Thanks scoot! yes it could have! LOL I dont think i'm going to so dont worry! I have been working out for quite a while doing mostly compound movements, squats, benc,h deadlifts etc. once we hit febuary i'm going to start conditioning and running! I cannot wait until season opener I am literally counting the days. Holy shit eh sounds like it!
iamdustin
1/28/2013 8:38am
TerryK wrote:
Hey, ease up on the kid. You guys are being kind of harsh with him don't you think? At least he rides, which is more than...
Hey, ease up on the kid. You guys are being kind of harsh with him don't you think? At least he rides, which is more than many of you do.

And suzukinash99: chill out bro, I got this.

Smile
Why thank you terry!

Post a reply to: My first big crash (GoPro)

The Latest