My New Favorite Commercial

jasonv43
Edited Date/Time 5/26/2015 6:13am
I could watch this over and over again. Barcia running out of gas? Not so much.

https://youtu.be/qmrmJ8vxVnk
|
Ridelow
Fantasy
251st
5/24/2015 11:09am
jasonv43 wrote:

I watched it over and over and over and over again yesterday during the national @ promotocross.com
I would prefer that they had some rotation on the commercial breaks and not showed the same stuff over an over..

apart from that, nice commercial,, braap
hammertime
5/24/2015 11:41am
i've been on that track fully groomed all by myself on a pro circuit cr 500....you can't imagine the feeling!!
MOTOXSTATION
Fantasy
468th
5/24/2015 12:36pm
X2...I wouldn't care if I had to watch it over and over , wish it had the same volume effect as the GoPro commercial...I found that annoying.

The Shop

jasonv43
5/24/2015 3:32pm
hammertime wrote:
i've been on that track fully groomed all by myself on a pro circuit cr 500....you can't imagine the feeling!!
That's awesome man. Had to have been a blast.
JW381
5/24/2015 4:25pm
jasonv43 wrote:

I fast forward thru the commercials until I see this, and then I crank the fucking volume. And then I cry because my CR probably doesn't run like his, and I'm not as fast. And when I say I cry, I mean I cry out my weiner.
JW381
5/24/2015 4:27pm
hammertime wrote:
Thats a pipe dream right there boys. Jealous that you got to live it. Whenever I ride there it's crowded as fuck and I'm usually either getting my doors blown off or fending for my life in a pack of wild squids.
5/24/2015 5:11pm
Saw this two weeks ago for the first time. If this is heaven I'll give up cursing and drinking for the rest of my life just to be here.
jeffro503
5/24/2015 5:49pm
When I was pretty young ( about 17yrs old ). I showed up on the wrong weekend for a race. Back in my beginner 125 days. I got there and there was nobody there except the care taker for the track. I was really bummed and the guy said " Tell you what kid , if you want to ride , go ahead but do it at your own risk " . So I got my bike out and my mom just sat back and let me tear it up all day long by myself. It was my first ever time riding on that track and it was one of the best riding days of my life. I had been going to the nationals since 1980 there and it was a dream of mine to race there. Didn't get to race that day , but damn I had a lot of fun!

The commercial brought back some memories for me for sure!
JW381
5/24/2015 6:05pm
jeffro503 wrote:
When I was pretty young ( about 17yrs old ). I showed up on the wrong weekend for a race. Back in my beginner 125 days...
When I was pretty young ( about 17yrs old ). I showed up on the wrong weekend for a race. Back in my beginner 125 days. I got there and there was nobody there except the care taker for the track. I was really bummed and the guy said " Tell you what kid , if you want to ride , go ahead but do it at your own risk " . So I got my bike out and my mom just sat back and let me tear it up all day long by myself. It was my first ever time riding on that track and it was one of the best riding days of my life. I had been going to the nationals since 1980 there and it was a dream of mine to race there. Didn't get to race that day , but damn I had a lot of fun!

Thats killer Jeffro. Let's show up on the wrong weekend here soon!
brewrabb
5/24/2015 6:19pm
Saw this two weeks ago for the first time. If this is heaven I'll give up cursing and drinking for the rest of my life just...
Saw this two weeks ago for the first time. If this is heaven I'll give up cursing and drinking for the rest of my life just to be here.
Well, one or the other.
WFO!
5/24/2015 6:23pm
I also liked teh OAKLEY commercial yesterday with Kenny and Eli.

Anybody notice that still slo-mo shot of the back tire shaking like jelly at idle?

I dont know, I thought it was cool.
njracer46
5/24/2015 6:37pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2015 6:42pm
jeffro503 wrote:
When I was pretty young ( about 17yrs old ). I showed up on the wrong weekend for a race. Back in my beginner 125 days...

That's an awesome story, can't get much better for your first time riding that track. Great way to learn the track without getting in the way or in fear of being landed on.

Reminds me of the first time we went to hog heaven in nc a few years ago. I called a couple times during the week before to see what days they would be open, so I got all the info and didn't call the day we left. Show up around ten at night and as soon as we park a truck comes rolling up. Richard comes out and says, hey guys, you know were closed this week? We got record rain fall the past 2 days. I'm like shit, I called a few times and you said you were going to be open these days this week. So I was starting to worry we gonna have to go stay at a rest stop or get a hotel for the night and figure out a plan. So he asked where we drove from and we told him nj. He goes, I can't let you guys drive all the way here from up north and not ride, it's pretty wet out there but you're welcome to ride all week. Groomed it for us a few days, we had the track to ourselves for 3 days and opened back up after it dried out. Even would come hang out with us and have a few beers at the end of the day. I guess he didn't know what wet was to us because the track was perfect, even that first day. I think I saw one puddle haha. Awesome guy, I highly suggest if you're ever in the area to check hog heaven out.

Also, no love for that new fly commercial? I thought that was really good
bsharkey
5/24/2015 6:37pm
bretts a cool dude, he was won of the teachers at panic rev last summer with landon currier. both rad dudes
5/24/2015 6:39pm
Yes in the arena of Cue v. Barcia commercials, I could watch the Cue commercial every commercial break. I could watch the Cue commercial on non-motocross days. That sound never gets old.

I was hoping Pieck would accidentally run over Barcia during one of those airings...
bsharkey
5/24/2015 7:53pm
hammertime wrote:
JW381 wrote:
Thats a pipe dream right there boys. Jealous that you got to live it. Whenever I ride there it's crowded as fuck and I'm usually either...
Thats a pipe dream right there boys. Jealous that you got to live it. Whenever I ride there it's crowded as fuck and I'm usually either getting my doors blown off or fending for my life in a pack of wild squids.
you know whats funny is when I met jeffro the first time I was with a bunch of my buddies. we were all sitting around wondering how many guys were in n the vet practice. so we switched to the jr practice. when we sat on those bleachers after the s turn after the finish we counted all the vets going out to practice and we took bets on what the number was. 117 riders in one practice. fricking unreal!!! on a nice 65 degree april day
5/24/2015 7:56pm
That commercial is one I could watch non-stop during every break. Love that two stroke sound!
JW381
5/24/2015 10:08pm
hammertime wrote:
JW381 wrote:
Thats a pipe dream right there boys. Jealous that you got to live it. Whenever I ride there it's crowded as fuck and I'm usually either...
bsharkey wrote:
you know whats funny is when I met jeffro the first time I was with a bunch of my buddies. we were all sitting around wondering...
you know whats funny is when I met jeffro the first time I was with a bunch of my buddies. we were all sitting around wondering how many guys were in n the vet practice. so we switched to the jr practice. when we sat on those bleachers after the s turn after the finish we counted all the vets going out to practice and we took bets on what the number was. 117 riders in one practice. fricking unreal!!! on a nice 65 degree april day
I believe it! Apparently they jacked the price up to try and get less riders on practice days.
jloucks742
5/24/2015 10:12pm
hammertime wrote:
Thinking of being able to ride the track like that gives me goose bumps. That's the first thing I thought about when I saw that commercial is riding that track all alone
bsharkey
5/24/2015 10:28pm
they have =semi private days during the summer where ryan posts on facebook about riding mid week. he limits it to about 70 riders or so which is about like riding alone when you consider its a huge track and not everyone typically rides at the same time.
bq_365
5/24/2015 10:46pm
Thanks for the comments positive comments! MotoSport will have another new commercial coming soon, so keep your eyes out!

AZ35
Fantasy
544th
5/24/2015 11:02pm
bq_365 wrote:
Thanks for the comments positive comments! MotoSport will have another new commercial coming soon, so keep your eyes out!

You must be loving that "job", that is awesome!

Funny how much thought, planning,and $$ must go into other higher budget moto commercials (like JB51 running out of gas), but you can tell it was a PR agency that came up with the idea. And it wasn't bad, just not what moto is all about.

The Motosport ads, your latest one in particular, obviously come from MX guys who understand MX.

Like other posters have said, I DVR the races and FF through the commercials. But hit stop, rewind, and play, every time the latest Motosport commercial come on. Stereo surround sound, people that don't MX just don't get it.
FI2T
5/25/2015 1:14am
Brilliance!! I watched it several times and cranked it up as well!
VET176
5/25/2015 3:37am
bq_365 wrote:

No, thank you Brett & Motosport.com

I am about to buy a new bike....450 or 300....?

That just tipped me. brrraaaaappppp!
Crush
5/25/2015 4:26am
DAMMIT!

That's what I wanted to see from the two stroke race at Glen Helen.

I've never been so disappointed in the MX media that multiple sweet no music videos of that race haven't flooded vital! DAMN YOU ALL!!!!
Crush
5/25/2015 4:29am
That crack when you were heading up the hill Brett.... that's what MX is about! DAMN!
jasonv43
5/25/2015 10:39am
bq_365 wrote:

How many takes did it take to get it right? I would have been like "That one didn't feel right. Let's do it again."Wink

Seriously man it's an awesome commercial obviously. It's just that good.
jasonv43
5/25/2015 10:41am Edited Date/Time 5/25/2015 12:49pm
I'd like a back story on the video as well.
Hut
5/25/2015 10:45am
bq_365 wrote:

Good job! That ad doesn't get old Cool

Post a reply to: My New Favorite Commercial

The Latest