My Name For The Triple Crown Main Events

Lightning78
So my thpughts for a name for calling these Triple Crown main events regarding the neverending discussion on what to actually call each of the three main events.

SPRINT MAINS or SPRINT RACES

250 Sprint Main or Sprint Race
450 Sprint Main or Sprint Race

I think Sprint Main or Sprint Race is an excellent name for them it doesn’t cross with any of the outdoor stuff which according to Matthes is taboo to mix with Felds Supercross Show lol

To me SPRINT MAIN or SPRINT RACE makes sense too because they ARE in fact more of a SPRINT Race than an actual Supercross Main Event and it deliniates them from beinggrpuped into looking like a "Heat Race"

You can refer to someone who wins one or more of the 3 triple crown races per each actual full race event as a "Sprint Main or Sprint Race Winner."...... For example, Justin Brayton has 1 Sprint Main or Sprint Race event win this year.

Just for validity, I did call the PulpMx Fly Moto 60 Show - Steve Matthes High Counsel and mentioned the name “Sprint Main” and seemingly got the high counsel approval lol and I'm mentioning this in a tongue in cheek kind of way with "High Counsel" buuuuut he even used the Justin Brayton example like i mentioned above..... then he quickly moved on to another topic

GrinningGrinning

But for real I wanted to hear my fellow Vitalians thoughts on calling them "SPRINT MAINS or SPRINT RACES" ..... Hopefully it'll stick if you guys like the name.
|
Lightning78
4/15/2018 12:36am
Drop the main. and call it a sprint.

Look up the definiton on Main and you'll see that we can't have multiple mains in a night
I contemplated that but it doesn’t work the other way because the whole concept of the Triple Crown is having three main events as Reese is coming towards an overall winner that’s the concept that was explained by filled so that’s why I left the main part in their call them maybe sprint races ...

250 Sprint Race

450 Sprint Race

For example Eli Tomac has won more Sprint Races this year than anybody else Justin Brayton snuck in one Sprint Race win and Marvin Musquin win a couple Sprint Races this year but like I said, Feld has been specifying that the the Triple Crown events consisted of three main event races so that’s why I originally thought my first post opening this thread calling on Sprint Mains was a good idea

The Shop

4/15/2018 2:30am
I contemplated that but it doesn’t work the other way because the whole concept of the Triple Crown is having three main events as Reese is...
I contemplated that but it doesn’t work the other way because the whole concept of the Triple Crown is having three main events as Reese is coming towards an overall winner that’s the concept that was explained by filled so that’s why I left the main part in their call them maybe sprint races ...

250 Sprint Race

450 Sprint Race

For example Eli Tomac has won more Sprint Races this year than anybody else Justin Brayton snuck in one Sprint Race win and Marvin Musquin win a couple Sprint Races this year but like I said, Feld has been specifying that the the Triple Crown events consisted of three main event races so that’s why I originally thought my first post opening this thread calling on Sprint Mains was a good idea
Feld are dumbasses.

Cant have multiple main events look at boxing or ufc. Its the co main event.

Just like highlander....There can only be one.
kburgie
4/15/2018 11:47am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2018 12:29pm
Welcome to the second of nine Monster Energy Supercross Triple Crown Cup Monster Sprint Moto SX-Cross Championship, an FIM Interseries American World Championship, main events, featuring the best riders in the stadium in this GENRE OF RACING!
bowser977
4/15/2018 12:46pm
Why not just Race 1, 2 & 3? With an overall event winner?
Drtbykr
4/15/2018 2:24pm
bowser977 wrote:
Why not just Race 1, 2 & 3? With an overall event winner?
That kind of makes sense.

I was gonna suggest the first be The Alessi, 2nd The Dungey and the long one The Jeremy.

Yours is better. Keep it simple.
wreckitrandy
4/15/2018 2:30pm
Get a Wendy's sponsorship and call them, the Single, Double and, Triple CHEESE
kb228
4/15/2018 3:12pm
Feld needs to quit being children and call them motos. Thats what they are and calling them anything else goes to show their ignorance for the sport.
RangerLee
4/15/2018 3:55pm
Moto 1-3
This, not using the term "moto" is just an ego trip by Feld. There is not a copyright on using the term moto. Many other forms of motorcycle racing uses it, and hell I think even snowmobile races uses it.

Keeping "MOTO" for each of the races keeps things aligned and easier to understand for all viewers. Any thing with "mains" in it other than the overall main event winner is sloppy.
hillbilly
4/15/2018 4:33pm
Calling it done would be good.

What monster is after is more carnage.

Triple the starts and bunched up opening lap . Less time to make up bad starts

Do they pay triple purses?

Not to mention the riders that don't make the fast 20, paying the same entry fee just to ride a couple times .
bowser977
4/15/2018 4:53pm
I'd rather it be triple crown every week. Heat races really serve no purpose especially now in the depleted field. Top 9 in the heat is fairly easy for the main guys. The triple crown format just hurts the privateers but obviously feld doesn't care about them anyway.
Lightning78
4/15/2018 5:02pm
Okay so my original post was partially because we need something to be able to refer to them post tense of the race so we can say Justin Brayton won a Sprint Maine this year or a Sprint race I understand calling it race one Race 2 and Race 3 but that doesn't solve the conundrum of how to refer to them in historical standpoint when speaking stats about a rider. I think Moto is a perfectly good name but shied away from it because of the immaturity of feld's attitude towards the outdoor national series I don't know how to solve that part of it but to me I thought the name Sprint main or Sprint race would work good for avoiding the outdoor Nationals reference and being able to refer to a rider that won one of the Triple Crown races last year as a race winner of sorts.
TDeath21
4/15/2018 5:05pm
They should change the format of it I think.
BobbyM
4/15/2018 5:40pm
So my thpughts for a name for calling these Triple Crown main events regarding the neverending discussion on what to actually call each of the three...
So my thpughts for a name for calling these Triple Crown main events regarding the neverending discussion on what to actually call each of the three main events.

SPRINT MAINS or SPRINT RACES

250 Sprint Main or Sprint Race
450 Sprint Main or Sprint Race

I think Sprint Main or Sprint Race is an excellent name for them it doesn’t cross with any of the outdoor stuff which according to Matthes is taboo to mix with Felds Supercross Show lol

To me SPRINT MAIN or SPRINT RACE makes sense too because they ARE in fact more of a SPRINT Race than an actual Supercross Main Event and it deliniates them from beinggrpuped into looking like a "Heat Race"

You can refer to someone who wins one or more of the 3 triple crown races per each actual full race event as a "Sprint Main or Sprint Race Winner."...... For example, Justin Brayton has 1 Sprint Main or Sprint Race event win this year.

Just for validity, I did call the PulpMx Fly Moto 60 Show - Steve Matthes High Counsel and mentioned the name “Sprint Main” and seemingly got the high counsel approval lol and I'm mentioning this in a tongue in cheek kind of way with "High Counsel" buuuuut he even used the Justin Brayton example like i mentioned above..... then he quickly moved on to another topic

GrinningGrinning

But for real I wanted to hear my fellow Vitalians thoughts on calling them "SPRINT MAINS or SPRINT RACES" ..... Hopefully it'll stick if you guys like the name.
Go ride more
dirtnapper
4/15/2018 5:52pm
I think your taking this a little too seriously.....Huh

Really, who frickin cares?
iudi2006
Fantasy
229th
4/15/2018 7:05pm
dirtnapper wrote:
I think your taking this a little too seriously.....Huh

Really, who frickin cares?
X2
newmann
4/15/2018 7:21pm
Should call it "The Dash For Cash", but then again that would require actual cash.
Adam43
4/15/2018 8:03pm
Race 1, 2, and 3. Easy.

Of course, they will come up with something idiotic instead.
abn166
4/15/2018 8:08pm
1st moto
2nd moto
3rd moto
Rocket88
4/15/2018 9:47pm
Crown Royal should sponsor the race.
billyp330
4/16/2018 5:36am
byronf29 wrote:
Semi final
I agree with this. Semi Final 1, 2, and 3. Makes complete sense. I do agree Moto 1,2,3 would be probably the best since that is what Motocross uses, but like mentioned it won't happen so Semi Final 1,2,3 are perfect.

Can NOT call them Race 1,2,3. Every race is a race. Seems obvious why this wont work.

Calling them Main Events is dumb for obvious reasons.

Call them what they are by definition, Semi-finals (part of a final event).
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
4/16/2018 10:28am
If motocross has motos, then Supercross should have supers.
4rings
4/16/2018 10:36am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2018 10:38am
I vote to scrap all "triple crown" events from the SX series.

We could have one evening show with 3 "main events", could call it the Monster Cup- how 'bout that?
The main feature: Ralph Sheheen screaming all broadcast about how the winner
is FELD MOTORSPORTS MONSTER ENERGY AMA #1 SUPERCROSS CHAMPION OF THE WORLD winner of the triple crown...

Post a reply to: My Name For The Triple Crown Main Events

The Latest