My Journey to Dilla (pics added)

motoBRD
8/6/2013 9:35am Edited Date/Time 8/12/2013 12:27pm
So, I was rather disappointed hearing Utah would get a national, and that I would be moving to NY in July and not even see it. However, it's been great so far! Here's some of the highlights:

- Shortly after we decided to move, an announcement was made about SX returning to the New York area (New Jersey to be exact) and leaving SLC. Sad for you Utah guys. My dad took me I believe to the Meadowlands when I was 2 years old. Excited to go and take my 2yr old boy.

- Drove a few hours to Southwick and it was awesome. Sad to see it leave the schedule, but at least I got there once. All I have to say is - Andrew Short in moto 1.

- Just won 6 free tickets to Unadilla from FreestoneMX Facebook Freebie giveaway thinger. With money getting a little tight, I almost wasn't going to go, but now the whole family is going! Interested to see this track change with gravity cavity. My guess is, they won't be going around that tree anymore. Maybe it's gone even!

There it is. Hoping for some good racing this weekend!!!
|
8/6/2013 10:25am
motoBRD wrote:
So, I was rather disappointed hearing Utah would get a national, and that I would be moving to NY in July and not even see it...
So, I was rather disappointed hearing Utah would get a national, and that I would be moving to NY in July and not even see it. However, it's been great so far! Here's some of the highlights:

- Shortly after we decided to move, an announcement was made about SX returning to the New York area (New Jersey to be exact) and leaving SLC. Sad for you Utah guys. My dad took me I believe to the Meadowlands when I was 2 years old. Excited to go and take my 2yr old boy.

- Drove a few hours to Southwick and it was awesome. Sad to see it leave the schedule, but at least I got there once. All I have to say is - Andrew Short in moto 1.

- Just won 6 free tickets to Unadilla from FreestoneMX Facebook Freebie giveaway thinger. With money getting a little tight, I almost wasn't going to go, but now the whole family is going! Interested to see this track change with gravity cavity. My guess is, they won't be going around that tree anymore. Maybe it's gone even!

There it is. Hoping for some good racing this weekend!!!
Welcome to New York State!! Awesome deal you won six tickets to the dilla, Should be an epic weekend. I cant wait to get me some of the skyshot!! lol
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/6/2013 12:15pm
Way cool. I was thinking of going.
JW381
8/6/2013 12:21pm
Funny you say that, I had an inkling of doubt on my Washougal attendance this year due to money being tight, then won 4 tickets on facebook and got two more plus pit passes from our very own muGz!

Have fun at 'Dilla
jchek779
8/6/2013 12:22pm
I grew up in CNY so Unadilla was a staple to my summer. Luckily, I got drunk one Tuesday night in June and booked a flight home for the race.

The Shop

willie838
8/6/2013 12:59pm
i've seen the pic but i'm confused, so they're going to drop in- hang a right and then a left then a right out to towards the back section?

that's been the finish line for the last few years? where did that go?

i'm in new york and have to work saturday- pretty fucking bummed. it's always a nice 2 wheel ride up there then basically a bike show looking at all the road bikes parked there- great racing then a nice ride home.

safe travels and watch for the speed trap if you leave there heading south- they love to dish out tickets and nail dwis from people leaving the races- probably the best moneymaker for the local state police up there all year.
mxrider641
8/6/2013 1:25pm
GuyB may be able to shed more light on this but I think Gravity Cavity is the same, but they removed the tight s turn around the apple tree's and sent the riders down the valley and around the bowl turn before heading into the lower/back section.
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
8/6/2013 1:44pm
willie838 wrote:
i've seen the pic but i'm confused, so they're going to drop in- hang a right and then a left then a right out to towards...
i've seen the pic but i'm confused, so they're going to drop in- hang a right and then a left then a right out to towards the back section?

that's been the finish line for the last few years? where did that go?

i'm in new york and have to work saturday- pretty fucking bummed. it's always a nice 2 wheel ride up there then basically a bike show looking at all the road bikes parked there- great racing then a nice ride home.

safe travels and watch for the speed trap if you leave there heading south- they love to dish out tickets and nail dwis from people leaving the races- probably the best moneymaker for the local state police up there all year.
IM with you, it looks like they dont drop in the cavity and then jump out...looks like they turn before going back up the hill.

I do like the new one part that looks to have replaced he s turns where with the trees were, but I dont see why they couldnt go right in and out of gravity cavity.

Hopefully Im wrong, but thats what it looks like to me.
Denny979
8/6/2013 1:56pm
Gravity Cavity is the same. Heading back to the tree turn you go straight hitting a double jump with the landing being back into
the valley. Do the bank turn that is in the picture then up to the tree turn. If you search You Tube there are good views of it from the ATV national including a nasty crash from the A class. Not sure if the layout will be exactly the same but it was a few weeks ago.
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
8/6/2013 1:59pm
Denny979 wrote:
Gravity Cavity is the same. Heading back to the tree turn you go straight hitting a double jump with the landing being back into the valley...
Gravity Cavity is the same. Heading back to the tree turn you go straight hitting a double jump with the landing being back into
the valley. Do the bank turn that is in the picture then up to the tree turn. If you search You Tube there are good views of it from the ATV national including a nasty crash from the A class. Not sure if the layout will be exactly the same but it was a few weeks ago.
sweet
DocMarten
8/6/2013 3:34pm
Denny979 wrote:
Gravity Cavity is the same. Heading back to the tree turn you go straight hitting a double jump with the landing being back into the valley...
letting ATV's use that track should be a crime
brlatm
8/6/2013 4:48pm
Sweet I am going to try and go as well this weekend as it looks like my project down by Scranton is wrapping up and I have the weekend off. I hit up Budds Creek and Toronto SX already so I can't wait to see another one of the National tracks up close.
RealityZ
8/6/2013 5:45pm
Welcome to NY!

Dilla is one of if not most scenic Nationals I've been too, not to mention a number of great tracks across the state. The track itself has undertaken huge improvements over the past few years no matter what some may think. Definetely check out the big table in the back and screw-U in practice. Then spectating on the nearside hill of Gravity Cavity is 90% viewing. Of course I'm bias, but best track on circuit.

Unafuckndilla!!!!!!!
Insider347
8/6/2013 6:01pm
RealityZ wrote:
Welcome to NY! Dilla is one of if not most scenic Nationals I've been too, not to mention a number of great tracks across the state...
Welcome to NY!

Dilla is one of if not most scenic Nationals I've been too, not to mention a number of great tracks across the state. The track itself has undertaken huge improvements over the past few years no matter what some may think. Definetely check out the big table in the back and screw-U in practice. Then spectating on the nearside hill of Gravity Cavity is 90% viewing. Of course I'm bias, but best track on circuit.

Unafuckndilla!!!!!!!
I can agree that some of the changes to the track were needed but still can't understand why they got rid of the original downhill start. I was lucky enough to get the chance to race the original track a few times and it was so much fun. By far my favorite or at least the most fun. It was also so cool to watch the 125 national screaming down the start and into the first corner. Just wish they would have kept that part. Have fun with the "hill" people.
race250r
8/6/2013 6:19pm
DocMarten wrote:
letting ATV's use that track should be a crime
I know you are trying to rouse a popular theme around here, but doesn't the revenue from the ATV events help the track? ATV MX is going through the same struggle we are. Lastly, to each their own, man. Quit shitting on others' interests.
cool_hand
8/6/2013 6:23pm
Unadilla. Mother of all Motocross Track. I hope to see a MXDN here again soon.

I wish I could go,...but a 22 hour drive ,...I am not up to and have not the funds at this time,.....but thanks to the power of the DISH I will be there in spirit Sat. afternoon!

Should be a great race.
DocMarten
8/6/2013 6:25pm
cool_hand wrote:
Unadilla. Mother of all Motocross Track. I hope to see a MXDN here again soon. I wish I could go,...but a 22 hour drive ,...I am...
Unadilla. Mother of all Motocross Track. I hope to see a MXDN here again soon.

I wish I could go,...but a 22 hour drive ,...I am not up to and have not the funds at this time,.....but thanks to the power of the DISH I will be there in spirit Sat. afternoon!

Should be a great race.
your signature, is quite spectacular Wink
35smom
8/6/2013 7:06pm
GuyB wrote:
Way cool. I was thinking of going.
Stop by...making lots of food Smile
motoBRD
8/12/2013 10:08am
Flat tire in Utica, so we missed practice. That sucked, but we made it for the consi races to watch the NY guys. RJ Beck leading the 450 consi race was pretty cool.

Jr. with his Kawi hat. I took him over to screw U on the first lap of the last 250 moto. It was loud. He was loving it.

Shout out to Freestone MX for the 6 free tickets. It was awesome. Go like their Facebook page. On the way home we were stuck in traffic on Route 8 going North. We were behind this guy with some 70's MXers in the back and a ton of stickers on his van. I had the misses go up and give him a Freestone sticker.

Jr and the Misses.

Our view of the track. Nice shade tree with a decent view of most of the track.

WNYMA am rider (my cousin) Colton out with a torn ACL. He had some trouble getting around the track.

The whole clan.

It was a great day at the races! The American flag guy and the burnout exhibition going south. Good times.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/12/2013 10:18am
Way cool. Looks like you guys had an awesome time. I know I did. Smile
Motoxdoc
8/12/2013 10:57am Edited Date/Time 8/12/2013 10:59am
I must say I feel cheated after seeing the words in the title of your post....."Dilla" and "pics added"..........and then not seeing a single racing picture!Huh ....OK there was one from afar......but not what I was looking for when I clicked on the post.
mxrider641
8/12/2013 11:04am
Glad you had a good time! It was a great day, no rain, perfect temperature, and great racing!
Motoxdoc - here is one for you...
Motoxdoc
8/12/2013 11:15am
mxrider641 wrote:
Glad you had a good time! It was a great day, no rain, perfect temperature, and great racing! Motoxdoc - here is one for you... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/08/12/28943/s1200_IMG_4961.jpg[/img]
Glad you had a good time! It was a great day, no rain, perfect temperature, and great racing!
Motoxdoc - here is one for you...
Some Bogle /Davalos action. Thats what I was looking for! Some badass racing shots.....this fits the criteria! Thanks mxrider.
motoBRD
8/12/2013 11:47am
I hear yeah about seeing pics of the racing. It wasn't a great camera for that, but got our family. My sister took the pictures and didn't exactly get close to the fence if you know what I mean. She did get the whole pack of 250s coming down screw u in moto 2. I'll see if I can upload that. It was pretty cool.
brlatm
8/12/2013 12:27pm
The burnout headed south and the American flag guy was pretty cool until the Police showed up. And the party was really going on for a few select individuals in those southeast pits for sure oh boy!!!! I waited for 2 hours to try and get out of there man what a traffic nightmare.

Post a reply to: My Journey to Dilla (pics added)

The Latest