My First Time

captmoto
5/1/2019 3:15pm
Pissing blood after a crash.

I felt like I was pissing about every 20 minutes before my race. Urine seemed normal color

I cross rutted and high sided landing on the left side of my chest knocking the wind out of me. I caught my breath, got up and pulled off. I felt pretty beat up but rested and decided not to be a puss and give the second moto a shot. Felt to urge to piss again. When it came out I was startled. It was dark red almost brown and a good amount of urine and a clot passed about the size of 2 nickles. Holt shit I was startled.

I felt okay, kind of did an assessment on myself but packed up and went home. I only live 20 minutes from Glen Helen so it wasn't a big deal. I decided to wait until I pissed again to see what was going on. I drank a couple bottles of water and waited. My urine looked pink and over the evening went back to normal and is normal today and I feel fine today.

So my question is has anyone had this happen to them for so short a time? I've heard of people taking shots to the kidneys and pissing blood for a couple days and heard of people with kidney stones pissing blood but my deal cleared up in a couple hours. I don't have any pain like a took a shot to my gut or bladder area. I did start taking naproxen 500mg, twice a day a couple days before, and that can cause blood in the urine but it is fairly rare. It is not the first time I have taken naproxen.
|
SEE ARE125
5/1/2019 3:20pm
I’ve had it happen. My parents took me to the hospital and like you mentioned it was kidneys. Mine cleared up after about a day, but I was still sore as hell. Laughing
neverwas
Fantasy
868th
5/1/2019 3:30pm
I have also had it happen after a get off,went to the Dr. but by then it had stopped Dr. said don't worry about it and stop racing motorcycles,I only listened to the part about don't worry about it.
shirey
Fantasy
4001st
5/1/2019 3:33pm
I have a little bit of medical knowledge and I wouldn’t worry about it. I’m no doctor but if you had any major renal issues you would definitely have some other symptoms and also I doubt it would have subsided that quickly.
bigmaico
5/1/2019 3:41pm
CaptMoto,

Just ask the Medic's you work with about taken Naproxen as you get older!

I can't take any of the NSIDS, Only have one Kidney & they are hard on your Kidney's.

But it's most likely from taking the shot to your side, please drink lots of water & keep an eye on it.

The Shop

captmoto
5/1/2019 7:04pm
I am the medic I work with. Smile My pain management doc took me off of it a year ago. I just had my back shit the bed and started up with it. I have since quit again. I heard the horror stories of what nsaids do to your kidney and heart. I don't feel any pain other than my shoulder being a little tender where landed on it. I am going to lay off for a couple weeks though just to be sure.

Post a reply to: My First Time

The Latest