My 2021 Husqvarna TC 250 (Two stroke fans only!)

Related:
Create New Tag

9/2/2020 4:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/9/2020 8:01 AM

Hey guys,

Got my 2021 Husky TC 250, only one ride to break it in so far but this thing feels so good already (chassis wise), and the way it starts to put power to the ground compared to older two strokes. I will provide a detailed ride report after my second ride but for now, enjoy some photos!

UPDATE: Unboxing Video here on my IG

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFj63cbAeZc/?igshid=1djczn8koqeno

Photo

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

17 KTM 450 SXF - AMAZING!

9/2/2020 5:19 AM

Nice ride you will love it
Try a 300cc Kit i had one on my KTM it’s Perfect Photo

|

9/2/2020 6:34 AM

How are you liking the new 21 fork set up?

|

9/2/2020 6:57 AM

Awesome bike. Those things for sure are very refined-feeling 2 strokes. Enjoy, it looks great.

|

9/2/2020 7:35 AM

Tuna wrote:

How are you liking the new 21 fork set up?

Not enough time on it yet. But so far so good. I had the AER on my 2017 KTM 450 and these new AERs are supposed to be better.

I will have more details to post after I have done a couple more rides.

|

9/2/2020 8:00 AM

My 250 is the 18' model and I dig it a bunch. Actually love both my Husky's but I think I'll have to put both up for sale. The damn 250 got about $1800.00 put into it......and I only have 6.8 hours on it. Photo

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

9/2/2020 8:01 AM

Btw.....your 21' is beautiful!! Have fun with her.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

9/2/2020 8:08 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

My 250 is the 18' model and I dig it a bunch. Actually love both my Husky's but I think I'll have to put both up for sale. The ...more

Send me a PM if you do end up selling it

|

9/2/2020 8:58 AM

Can you guys compare racing the TC250 to racing a 450? What is better, what you give up, etc? Almost pulled the trigger on a ‘19 TC250 but at my age (60 next year) wasn’t sure if I had to scream the 2T or am even able to after 7 years on 450s.

|

9/2/2020 9:57 AM

Graybeard wrote:

Can you guys compare racing the TC250 to racing a 450? What is better, what you give up, etc? Almost pulled the trigger on a ‘ ...more

Well.......that can be a tough question. I can only speak for myself here.

I made the switch off the 450's , because as I was getting older , they seemed to just keep getting faster. The torque , power , weight , engine braking , was to much for me past a 6 - 8 minutes on the track trying to push hard. My tongue was in my lap. 4 years ago when I picked up my 2006 RM250 , my Kawi 450 was just sitting there collecting dust. It was everything I liked about moto , coming back to me after stepping off 2 strokes and onto 450's for 15 years. The RM felt like the perfect machine ( to me ). And the newer Husky's......even though different , were even better. One thing though. The RM feels a lot more like a 2 stroke compared to my TC 250. The reason I say that , is the TC has a real linear type power curve. Almost 4 stroke"ish" . I modded mine to the point where it pulled too strong though , so I sold some stuff off it , in hopes to mellow it out a bit. Biggest thing was when I put my PWK 38 , with the STIC mod on her.........I couldn't keep the front end down coming out of corners. By far the fastest 250 I have ever ridden. In fact one of the strongest bikes I've ever ridden , and I've ridden 19' and 20' 450's.

|

9/2/2020 10:29 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

My 250 is the 18' model and I dig it a bunch. Actually love both my Husky's but I think I'll have to put both up for sale. The ...more

Lemme know Jeffro. The boy is outgrowing the 85 BW and can handle my FC350 fine. A 250 might be perfect for him, just step right past a 125/150.

Hammer

|

9/2/2020 10:46 AM

Sure thing Hammer. I did sell the pipe and silencer off this bike though. I was trying to calm it down a bit. Still has the PWK on there , head has been milled and a Boysen rad valve. Also about $1100.00 into the suspension from FC. Still have the stock seat and carb as well. Held out for year because of my hand injury , but don't think the riding thing may happen again.

|

9/2/2020 6:02 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Well.......that can be a tough question. I can only speak for myself here.

I made the switch off the 450's , because as I was ...more

Thanks for the input, Jeffro. Did you have any difficulties / feel like you had to be way more aggressive on the 250 to keep up with the 450s? I know with the 450 I can be a little lazy or overcome mistakes but still clear jumps with that power--any decline there? My last 250 was an -04 CR250R, which had a big hit in the midrange, loved it until I hit my mid-50s, but then I found myself having to work so damn hard on it to keep up with the 450s that I went over to the dark side. Then last year I went to a dealer and sat on a TC250 and just fell in love.............

|

9/2/2020 6:05 PM

Awesome! Just freshened up my 18. Love it! Photo

|

9/2/2020 8:39 PM

Graybeard wrote:

Thanks for the input, Jeffro. Did you have any difficulties / feel like you had to be way more aggressive on the 250 to keep ...more

Yes , I did have to ride more aggressive ( Especially on the 125 ) to get a good lap around the track......But.....it gave me something in my rides , I had been missing for a long time. I couldn't push myself like that on a 450 , without gettinbg tired or damn near killing myself. My lap times were great on the 450 riding like that , but in a 20+ min moto? I felt like I was in survival mode for 14 minutes!

I can ride harder and way longer on my 2 strokes , then I can on the 450's. That is a fact. Some people are exactly the opposite of that. It all depends on your riding style I guess.

If I could put it one way , if I was to race myself on my 125/250 vs 450 , this is how it would go. Myself on the 450 would smoke myself on my 125 out of the gate , and probably the first 3 - 4 laps. Then by about the 6:00 mark , my 125 would start matching or beating my 450 lap times. Minutes 10 - 15 my 125 is reeling my 450 in by quite a bit per lap. By the end of a 20 minute moto , my 125 would be a good half lap ahead or more than my 450.

Before I hurt my hand at the big vet race last year , I was able to go full out for 20 mins strait. The 250 definitely not that long , but definitely way longer than my damn 450's. I have always been an aggressive rider , and I think that's why I fell back in love with the 2 strokes. The 450's , at my age , would not let me ride them like that , without almost killing me. The 450's are awesome , super fast machines. But here is the thing...........why do we need 60HP , when a lot of us only use 30 of it? That whole " Point and shoot " type of riding for me , got boring. Make me work for it , is what I was missing.

|

9/2/2020 8:40 PM

cwel11 wrote:

That's a clean machine my man!!

|

9/2/2020 9:53 PM

Graybeard wrote:

Can you guys compare racing the TC250 to racing a 450? What is better, what you give up, etc? Almost pulled the trigger on a ‘ ...more

46 here and Like Jeffro i have both TC250 and 125 i first got the 250 around christmas and was so in love with the bike i bought the 125 and today i piked up the Te250 2020 for my wife....
The motor pulls so smooth corners like its on rails just the WP need looking at from stock trim. More changing gear so coming from 4T you may get arm pump from using the clutch first few rides. and no engine braking so rear brakes get more of a workout all in all fun factor makes up for having to work more.

|

9/2/2020 11:49 PM

I love my 2017, but every now and then I think about selling it for a 125 or 150 Photo

|

9/3/2020 12:31 AM

cwel11 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

That's a clean machine my man!!

Thanks! Bummer to hear about your injury and possibly selling your bikes. To your point above I’m in total agreement. I was on 450s for years and it’s amazing how much less tired I get on my 250. No arm pump now and I just ride. I would ride over my skill level because it was easy to with all that power. A 450 in my opinion is way too much bike for most people and they don’t even realize it. I also think I’ve become a better rider on the two stroke. I’ve progressed more on the bike now because I have to carry more speed in areas where the 450 just makes me lazy. The modern two strokes are great bikes. The only way I’d consider 4 stroke again is 350 but even then I’m not sure.

|

9/3/2020 7:44 AM

Does anyone have a FI 250 yet? My 2020 is the best bike I've ever had (title stolen from a '08 yz250). But I'd buy an FI bike if everything else is the same. Photo

|

9/3/2020 8:22 AM

It's a good day whenever anyone buys a new 2-stroke. cool

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

9/3/2020 8:36 AM

151 wrote:

Does anyone have a FI 250 yet? My 2020 is the best bike I've ever had (title stolen from a '08 yz250). But I'd buy an FI bike ...more

That suspension! Wow!

|

9/3/2020 8:37 AM

151 wrote:

Does anyone have a FI 250 yet? My 2020 is the best bike I've ever had (title stolen from a '08 yz250). But I'd buy an FI bike ...more

JWACK wrote:

That suspension! Wow!

13-16 CRF shock and forks?

|

9/3/2020 8:45 AM

151 wrote:

JWACK wrote:

That suspension! Wow!

JWACK wrote:

13-16 CRF shock and forks?

The suspension is honestly amazing. It makes up for a large portion of my missing talent and skill. Just wish I could afford it when I was younger...

Its a "standard" PC a-kit spring fork. PC just did not make fork lugs for the 2020 huskys so they used a older atac lug and plugged up the internals.

This frame with that suspension takes 10 years off my age. Raced a brutal track at Sweeney MX in MO a couple weeks ago. Everyone was blown away at how rough it got. I just floated around the track like a cloud. It wasn't until the next day that my back let me know that even though it wasn't harsh, the braking canyons were actually still there!

|

9/3/2020 8:48 AM

151 wrote:

I’ve got a 2020 250xc tpi if that’s what you mean. Had a 2017 YZ250 before that and a 250sx before that. Rode a 2020 250sx before buying my XC and I really like it. I’m 30+ b/c moto and harewcramble guy. Haven’t ridden the bike in the woods yet but can see how it should be really good there. The suspension is a little soft but I like the power and the tpi runs great every time. The bigger tank doesn’t make any difference to me I just don’t fill it all the way, and I don’t notice the 18” wheel at all. The only thing that I notice is that 4th gear is pretty damn tall and 3rd is a little short for long straightaways. It could use a little more power up top but it works for me. I also took my kickstand off but it’s really handy after never having one. Lastly e start ona two stroke is a huge debate over weight and what not but I love the e start and the bike doesn’t feel heavy to me.

|

9/3/2020 8:58 AM

151 wrote:

Pirate421 wrote:

I’ve got a 2020 250xc tpi if that’s what you mean. Had a 2017 YZ250 before that and a 250sx before that. Rode a 2020 250sx ...more

Awesome, thanks!

|

9/3/2020 7:55 PM

151 wrote:

The suspension is honestly amazing. It makes up for a large portion of my missing talent and skill. Just wish I could afford ...more

You just hit the nail on the head about how I feel about my tc compared to any aluminum framed bike ever. I spin some laps in my fathers Yz450 from time to time and it’s amazing how much less of a beating the 250 gives me on rough days

|

9/4/2020 4:14 AM

Graybeard wrote:

Hey Graybeard, figured I’d put in my 2 cents since that’s an interesting question. On the starts, with everything else being equal, the 450 rider is going to be in front at the turn. Secondly, you will have to ride two stroke style lines, less inside, more sweeping, and don’t slow down ever if possible. If you get sucked into riding the four stroke lines, I find they will beat you at that game. I feel like it can be really fun to ride a different kind of race than everyone else, but it can be difficult given that these days most of the lines and ruts favor four stroke bikes.

|

9/4/2020 5:52 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

Very Nice looking bikes!! Which pipe is on that? Scalvini?

|

9/4/2020 8:17 AM

adamdf wrote:

Very Nice looking bikes!! Which pipe is on that? Scalvini?

yeah , it " was " a scalvini. I actually sold the pipe and silencer to another member , because at the time I was going to sell it. That was last summer , and I still haven't had the heart to sell it. The 125 runs a Scalvini as well. Best pipe I've ever used. Tough as nails too.

|