My 125 Dream Race experience at Hangtown

Related:
Create New Tag

6/11/2018 9:42 PM

I've been moving so I've been lagging on my Blog but I just posted up a write up from the 125 dream race at Hangtown. Check it out if you have a sec.

#MyTwoWheelLife

https://mytwowheellife.com/mytwowheellife/2018/6/10/125-dream-race-hangtown

|

6/11/2018 10:09 PM

Wow, a lot stuff going on behind scenes. Would never know it once the gate dropped. Had a place on the fence when you guys got out there. Fun to watch and a lot of fans around me were enjoying it too.

Thanks for the write up Sleetdawg!

|

6/11/2018 10:55 PM

B L A C K O U T

|

6/12/2018 5:54 AM

I really wish it had some sort of coverage. They covered the exhibition "legends" race years ago.

|

6/12/2018 6:31 AM

Markee wrote:

I really wish it had some sort of coverage. They covered the exhibition "legends" race years ago.

Did you see who raced the legends? Alot of well known guys.

|

6/12/2018 6:41 AM

Markee wrote:

I really wish it had some sort of coverage. They covered the exhibition "legends" race years ago.

mxb2 wrote:

Did you see who raced the legends? Alot of well known guys.

I completley agree with you on the star power but that falls back on the promoter "not" MX Sports. The 125 race is a big as the promoter wants to make it. Last year was a different dynamic because it was promoted by Joey Lancaster his Wife and Donny Emler Jr of FMF. They had their fingers on the pulse when it came to the entire process.

|

6/12/2018 6:42 AM

Markee wrote:

I really wish it had some sort of coverage. They covered the exhibition "legends" race years ago.

mxb2 wrote:

Did you see who raced the legends? Alot of well known guys.

Yes, I saw it.

Maybe that is the determining factor.

|

6/12/2018 6:47 AM

Thanks for coming out and racing, Mike. It was an exhibition race and there was obviously a few hiccups between the event promoter and the series promoter, but I think it's dialed now.

Here are the results:

http://racerxonline.com/2018/05/24/125-all-star-hangtown-results

And because you got 13th, I don't think they were planning on paying that low (though because Aiden Tijero is 15 and a B rider, he didn't get anything, and RV and Wil Hahn didn't actually enter, so they didn't get paid either, so maybe that makes you tenth?!!)

Again, it was what it was, a fun exhibition "All Star" race and I'm glad I got hold of you to sort your entry.

DC
Racer X

|

6/12/2018 7:02 AM

Markee wrote:

I really wish it had some sort of coverage. They covered the exhibition "legends" race years ago.

mxb2 wrote:

Did you see who raced the legends? Alot of well known guys.

Markee wrote:

Yes, I saw it.

Maybe that is the determining factor.

You missed my point, most were household names in the mx world. I was there live. I am good either way.

|

6/12/2018 7:10 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Did you see who raced the legends? Alot of well known guys.

Markee wrote:

Yes, I saw it.

Maybe that is the determining factor.

mxb2 wrote:

You missed my point, most were household names in the mx world. I was there live. I am good either way.

Seems like he completely understood your point. And then expanded on it.

|

6/12/2018 7:25 AM

Markee wrote:

Yes, I saw it.

Maybe that is the determining factor.

mxb2 wrote:

You missed my point, most were household names in the mx world. I was there live. I am good either way.

tcallahan707 wrote:

Seems like he completely understood your point. And then expanded on it.

True, i guess best thing to do would go.watch a few live in person.

|

6/12/2018 7:44 AM

We want vlog!

|

6/12/2018 8:07 AM

nice job on the write up..37 who knew?...
4 laps isn't a motox race..fyi

|

6/12/2018 8:16 AM

tp4 wrote:

nice job on the write up..37 who knew?...
4 laps isn't a motox race..fyi

Actually 4 laps in a race these days, which is why i don't race any longer. Sad but true. #toomuchcashfortoolittletime

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

6/12/2018 9:43 AM

tp4 wrote:

nice job on the write up..37 who knew?...
4 laps isn't a motox race..fyi

bents wrote:

Actually 4 laps in a race these days, which is why i don't race any longer. Sad but true. #toomuchcashfortoolittletime

A lot of people have stopped racing for that reason. It costs too much for what you get in return for track time. If you want more track time you need to sign up for a second and third class but that means shelling out even more money for just a little more track time. Not to mention the never ending days at the races. If you only race one class you sit around for much of the day. Not really appealing and less so for those with young families.

Easy to see why a lot of guys just load up the bikes on the weekend and hit the practice tracks. That's what my brother and I did. Hit the road and hit different tracks, meet new people, see new places. A lot more enjoyable than sitting in the sun most of the day waiting for your class to come up to race 5 lap motos.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/12/2018 10:27 AM

Nice blog Sleet!
Just read the Sagan experiencie... that must be cool

|

6/12/2018 12:28 PM

FREE JOEY

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

6/14/2018 4:19 AM

tp4 wrote:

nice job on the write up..37 who knew?...
4 laps isn't a motox race..fyi

bents wrote:

Actually 4 laps in a race these days, which is why i don't race any longer. Sad but true. #toomuchcashfortoolittletime

-MAVERICK- wrote:

A lot of people have stopped racing for that reason. It costs too much for what you get in return for track time. If you want more track time you need to sign up for a second and third class but that means shelling out even more money for just a little more track time. Not to mention the never ending days at the races. If you only race one class you sit around for much of the day. Not really appealing and less so for those with young families.

Easy to see why a lot of guys just load up the bikes on the weekend and hit the practice tracks. That's what my brother and I did. Hit the road and hit different tracks, meet new people, see new places. A lot more enjoyable than sitting in the sun most of the day waiting for your class to come up to race 5 lap motos.

Exactly, spot on.

|

6/14/2018 6:05 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

FREE JOEY

It's really how strange how quiet he's been on social media the last 9 months almost like he fell off the

|