Mxon....looks like the U.S. riders are gonna be on a KTM, Husky, Gas Gas, or Honda

DonM
7/30/2021 10:55am
It’d be a huge mistake to take barcia over Webb
OT wrote:
I've never seen so many downvotes
davistld01 wrote:
After seeing Barcia smoking Webb over and over in this years outdoor series...and with Webb coming right out and saying that he is not on the...
After seeing Barcia smoking Webb over and over in this years outdoor series...and with Webb coming right out and saying that he is not on the same level as the top-5 guys outdoors because he's focusing on the 2022 SX series...I'd say picking Webb to ride the 450 would be a partisan move, and a stupid one besides.
Where exactly did Webb say he was focusing on SX 22 now?….I believe you misunderstood…What he said was that they put so much emphasis on the 21 SX title that they did zero outdoor testing and have been playing catch up ever since.
Ranman68
7/30/2021 11:27am
AP, JCoop, Martin, and Eli are all out bro. If it’s between RJ, Mosiman, and Webb on a 250, you go with the former champ.
Ranman68 wrote:
I'm in agreemenr with you. I love the speed RJ has, but he crashes way too often. Webb was an animal on a 250 and the...
I'm in agreemenr with you. I love the speed RJ has, but he crashes way too often. Webb was an animal on a 250 and the best in the world. It wasn't that long ago. I believe the dude could practice on one for a week or two, adapt, and be a lethal as f 250 rider again. I'm with you. Go with a light weight guy who won multiple titles and dominated on 250s.
agn5008 wrote:
It was 5 years ago. A little under half of most of the elite riders careers.
5 years ago or whatever. He still won 2 sx titles and an outdoor title on 250s. Has RJ Hampshire won any recently? Ever? How many times has Hampshire crashed just since the outdoor season started? I'm not out to bash Hampshire, but i believe Webb is a more logical choice to ride the 250 than Hampshire. Obviously you disagree. Ok.
davistld01
7/30/2021 11:37am
OT wrote:
I've never seen so many downvotes
davistld01 wrote:
After seeing Barcia smoking Webb over and over in this years outdoor series...and with Webb coming right out and saying that he is not on the...
After seeing Barcia smoking Webb over and over in this years outdoor series...and with Webb coming right out and saying that he is not on the same level as the top-5 guys outdoors because he's focusing on the 2022 SX series...I'd say picking Webb to ride the 450 would be a partisan move, and a stupid one besides.
DonM wrote:
Where exactly did Webb say he was focusing on SX 22 now?….I believe you misunderstood…What he said was that they put so much emphasis on the...
Where exactly did Webb say he was focusing on SX 22 now?….I believe you misunderstood…What he said was that they put so much emphasis on the 21 SX title that they did zero outdoor testing and have been playing catch up ever since.
My bad then...but my point still stands. He is woefully unprepared for the MXoN.
GabeM
7/30/2021 11:48am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2021 11:48am
davistld01 wrote:
DonM wrote:
Where exactly did Webb say he was focusing on SX 22 now?….I believe you misunderstood…What he said was that they put so much emphasis on the...
davistld01 wrote:
My bad then...but my point still stands. He is woefully unprepared for the MXoN.
Is an unprepared Webb, better than the other options? I take a champ if I can.

The Shop

bowl
7/30/2021 12:03pm
DonM wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
GabeM wrote:
He no 450 mx champ.
GabeM
7/30/2021 12:17pm
davistld01 wrote:
GabeM wrote:
bowl wrote:
He no 450 mx champ.
He can race the 250
davistld01
7/30/2021 12:48pm
GabeM wrote:
No. And Webb has never been a 450 Outdoor champ.

And even though he's a champ...an unprepared & unwilling Tomac is no viable option either.

USA
Fantasy
428th
7/30/2021 1:08pm
Jalek Swoll would kill it on italian hardpack.

I get where some of you guys are coming from saying put Webb on a 250, but I don't have my rose-tinted lenses on. Webb is holeshotting and then getting passed by Joey Savatgy on the same bike. I'd rather have Joey jump down than Webb..

Johnny Ringo
7/30/2021 1:12pm
USA wrote:
Jalek Swoll would kill it on italian hardpack. I get where some of you guys are coming from saying put Webb on a 250, but I...

I get where some of you guys are coming from saying put Webb on a 250, but I don't have my rose-tinted lenses on. Webb is holeshotting and then getting passed by Joey Savatgy on the same bike. I'd rather have Joey jump down than Webb..

I don’t hate that idea either. Whoever is on the 250 needs to be a good starter for sure. So not Sexton unless Ferry is gonna be there lol
bigk218
Fantasy
3155th
7/30/2021 1:16pm
Ronnie Mac, Pastrana, and KDub is my vote
Ranman68
7/30/2021 1:21pm
USA wrote:
Jalek Swoll would kill it on italian hardpack. I get where some of you guys are coming from saying put Webb on a 250, but I...

That was true in the beginning of the outdoors, but.Webb was 5th overall at southwick, 6th overall at Washougal, and looked to be on pace for a 5th-6th overall at Millville before the incident with Sextom. Better than Savatgy and straight up beat Barcia in moto 2 at Washougal. Several positiona ahead of Savatgy. His results have improved a lot since the initial outdoor races. I dont doubt they will improve even more as the season goes on.
Ranman68
7/30/2021 1:27pm
It's funny that we are arguing about this when Roger is gonna do what Roger decides to do.
agn5008
Fantasy
317th
7/30/2021 1:44pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2021 1:45pm
Ranman68 wrote:
I'm in agreemenr with you. I love the speed RJ has, but he crashes way too often. Webb was an animal on a 250 and the...
I'm in agreemenr with you. I love the speed RJ has, but he crashes way too often. Webb was an animal on a 250 and the best in the world. It wasn't that long ago. I believe the dude could practice on one for a week or two, adapt, and be a lethal as f 250 rider again. I'm with you. Go with a light weight guy who won multiple titles and dominated on 250s.
agn5008 wrote:
It was 5 years ago. A little under half of most of the elite riders careers.
Ranman68 wrote:
5 years ago or whatever. He still won 2 sx titles and an outdoor title on 250s. Has RJ Hampshire won any recently? Ever? How many...
5 years ago or whatever. He still won 2 sx titles and an outdoor title on 250s. Has RJ Hampshire won any recently? Ever? How many times has Hampshire crashed just since the outdoor season started? I'm not out to bash Hampshire, but i believe Webb is a more logical choice to ride the 250 than Hampshire. Obviously you disagree. Ok.
He’s won an overall at a professional motocross race a heck of a lot more recently than Cooper Webb has 😉

If we were doing a SX des nations Cooper would be the team captain. But we’re not.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
7/30/2021 1:57pm
When I think of riders moving down to a smaller bike, I just think of K-Dub's horrific 250f experiment. Take someone who is currently used to ringing a 250f's guts, or someone fast enough that it wont matter. Webb is neither of those outdoors. Maaaaybe take Webb on a 450 since he's a "gamer" if you cant find anyone better, but theres no reason to double up that handicap if we have fast 250 riders willing to go.
Johnny Ringo
7/30/2021 2:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2021 4:50pm
davis224 wrote:
When I think of riders moving down to a smaller bike, I just think of K-Dub's horrific 250f experiment. Take someone who is currently used to...
When I think of riders moving down to a smaller bike, I just think of K-Dub's horrific 250f experiment. Take someone who is currently used to ringing a 250f's guts, or someone fast enough that it wont matter. Webb is neither of those outdoors. Maaaaybe take Webb on a 450 since he's a "gamer" if you cant find anyone better, but theres no reason to double up that handicap if we have fast 250 riders willing to go.
KDubs experiment went terrible but who knows how prepared he was for that, he was already SX only by then.

Also, Kdub is literally the smoothest, lug the bike guy there was. The 250f thing was doomed from the start
7/30/2021 4:07pm
USA wrote:

Tom Vialle would mop the floor with Swoll!
mxb2
7/30/2021 5:09pm
davis224 wrote:
When I think of riders moving down to a smaller bike, I just think of K-Dub's horrific 250f experiment. Take someone who is currently used to...
KDubs experiment went terrible but who knows how prepared he was for that, he was already SX only by then. Also, Kdub is literally the smoothest...
KDubs experiment went terrible but who knows how prepared he was for that, he was already SX only by then.

Also, Kdub is literally the smoothest, lug the bike guy there was. The 250f thing was doomed from the start
Kdub won the 125 cc support class at dilla?
mxb2
7/30/2021 5:09pm
davis224 wrote:
KDubs experiment went terrible but who knows how prepared he was for that, he was already SX only by then. Also, Kdub is literally the smoothest...

mxb2 wrote:
Or was that stanton?
agn5008
Fantasy
317th
7/30/2021 5:42pm
USA wrote:

Bonanza69 wrote:
Tom Vialle would mop the floor with Swoll!
A lot of guys would.
kpiper
7/30/2021 7:15pm Edited Date/Time 7/30/2021 7:17pm
I still think Star Racing will have a rider on the team.

The whole 'moving' thing is not going to have them pass up the honor (and publicity) of sending a rider.
bowl
7/30/2021 7:20pm
Why is webb in conversation ,his going more backwards then m alessi did...
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
7/30/2021 8:52pm
Send JS7 on a 125 Smile .
motomike137
7/30/2021 8:55pm

mxb2 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Or was that stanton?
It was Stanton
mxb2
7/30/2021 8:56pm
mxb2 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Or was that stanton?
It was Stanton
Thanks
motomike137
7/30/2021 8:59pm
USA wrote:

Ranman68 wrote:
That was true in the beginning of the outdoors, but.Webb was 5th overall at southwick, 6th overall at Washougal, and looked to be on pace for...
That was true in the beginning of the outdoors, but.Webb was 5th overall at southwick, 6th overall at Washougal, and looked to be on pace for a 5th-6th overall at Millville before the incident with Sextom. Better than Savatgy and straight up beat Barcia in moto 2 at Washougal. Several positiona ahead of Savatgy. His results have improved a lot since the initial outdoor races. I dont doubt they will improve even more as the season goes on.
You guys that think Webb should go over Barcia need to put down the crack pipe for gods sakes.
Ranman68
8/3/2021 8:21am
USA wrote:

Ranman68 wrote:
That was true in the beginning of the outdoors, but.Webb was 5th overall at southwick, 6th overall at Washougal, and looked to be on pace for...
You guys that think Webb should go over Barcia need to put down the crack pipe for gods sakes.
You put down the crack pipe and learn to read, asshole. I never said Webb should be picked over Barcia. Everything I've said has been to explain why im ok if Webb is picked to be on the team.

Post a reply to: Mxon....looks like the U.S. riders are gonna be on a KTM, Husky, Gas Gas, or Honda

The Latest