Mxon....looks like the U.S. riders are gonna be on a KTM, Husky, Gas Gas, or Honda

Related:
Create New Tag

7/26/2021 2:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2021 2:17 PM

We've heard about what "Bruce" at Kawasaki supposedly said. We know what has been said about no riders from Star Yamaha because of the move. Also, I've noticed that in interviews, post race press conferences, etc that they dont ask Star Yamaha riders or Kawasaki riders about the mxon. They have, however, asked Chase Sexton, RJ Hampshire, and Cooper Webb if they were down for racing it. They all were and said it would be an honor. Thats good. Props to thoae guys and thoae teams. I'm sure Bam Bam is down for it. Others as well. Between those teams we can field a stout team and even win it with some decent luck.

|

7/26/2021 2:21 PM

My vote:
Sexton, J. Cooper, and Barcia

|

7/26/2021 2:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2021 2:27 PM

J Coop is star which is no go . I bet it’s RJ,Barcia,Sexton which I think is a great with a lot of heart and they all really want to go

|

7/26/2021 2:34 PM

It’d be a huge mistake to take barcia over Webb

|

7/26/2021 2:38 PM

creature654 wrote:

A mistake to send the guy who has 62 more points and just won a race? I think it's a toss up under normal circumstances and almost a no-brainer to send Barcia over Webb in 2021. At least at this moment.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

7/26/2021 2:48 PM

Does this mean DF14 won’t be racing for France?

|

7/26/2021 2:50 PM

Best team we have this year is RJ Hampshire, Chase Sexton and Justin Barcia.

|

7/26/2021 3:05 PM

yak651 wrote:

Yes he said that in a interview that he won’t be racing for France . He was asked to but said he couldn’t with team moving that week and he wants to start supercross testing ASAP

|

7/26/2021 3:10 PM

yak651 wrote:

Probably makes the race more exciting to be honest. Imagine a team of DF, Febvre and Vialle. Febvre has arguably been the fastest in MXGP in some of the races this year and the other two in almost every race

|

7/26/2021 3:15 PM

Italy has a solid chance of winning this thing in their country. AC, Guadagnini and Lupino/Monticelli is strong. And their fans will go absolutely mental

Would be awesome to see Cairoli get it before he retires. He gets this and #10 and he's the new euro goat in my book

|

7/26/2021 3:18 PM

McG194 wrote:

Yup...a least right now barring injury.

|

7/26/2021 3:18 PM

McG194 wrote:

If Star is out, I agree... And I'm perfectly fine with those personalities. A guy that is as technical as it gets in Chase and excellent sheer speed. A guy that lets it all hang out and has a chip on his shoulder in Barcia and then RJ... Just got to keep RJ rubber side down and his scores will be just fine.

Works for me.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

7/26/2021 3:19 PM

I'm thinking Sexton, Barcia, and Hampshire. Webb being on the team wouldnt worry me though. He's improving his outdoor speed. He actually finished ahead of Barcia at Washougal in moto 2 i think. He's a gamer and steps up when he has to. His performances in the 2015 wnd 2016 mxon speak for themselves. He is damn good on his starts. A major plus at mxon. But.. Barcia and Sexton narly so whatever. Hampshire is an animal. As long as they are fighters and want to go, thats all we need. Lady luck is gonna do what she does.

|

7/26/2021 3:23 PM

Ranman68 wrote:

I'm thinking Sexton, Barcia, and Hampshire. Webb being on the team wouldnt worry me though. He's improving his outdoor speed. ...more

Yep.... As witnessed on lap one in Assen. Both guys in the top 10 to start and then, disaster.

|

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

7/26/2021 3:28 PM

yak651 wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:

Probably makes the race more exciting to be honest. Imagine a team of DF, Febvre and Vialle. Febvre has arguably been the ...more

Yeah I'd like to see Ferrandis in it just to see what that beast can do against the GP guys now. Plus, I believe he represents the ama series now even though he's European. But....him not going gives the U.S. a better chance to win it. But....I'd still rather see him in it than not, because watching the best go head to head is cool no matter what country they are from.

|

7/26/2021 3:46 PM

Ranman68 wrote:

I'm thinking Sexton, Barcia, and Hampshire. Webb being on the team wouldnt worry me though. He's improving his outdoor speed. ...more

Press516 wrote:

Yep.... As witnessed on lap one in Assen. Both guys in the top 10 to start and then, disaster.

Yeah that sucked a major dick. I was stoked after our boys qualified number 2 in that deep sand. JCoop holeshotting from way outside, winning, and where we qualified despite the shitty gate picks we drew. It looked good. The Dutch were the best no doubt, but i believe we could have gotten 2nd. Talk about a shit deal. Anderson and JCoop colliding out of all the riders. Then JCoop is injured. Bike messed up. I was gutted. Watching all the team Fried vids of them over there preparing. Looking good in qualifying races. JCoop working them in the 250 qualifier. Then on the first lap of the first race.....boom. Over. 2017, 2018, and 2019 were sucky as all fuck for the U.S. We are due for a cinderalla story.

|

7/26/2021 3:57 PM

yak651 wrote:

caviar&cigarettes338 wrote:

Yes he said that in a interview that he won’t be racing for France . He was asked to but said he couldn’t with team moving ...more

In the interview he said he wasn’t sure if he would be able to go because of the move….up to this point nobody has said that the Star guys can’t go…but the move has been mentioned

|

“I’m not Swap…”

7/26/2021 3:57 PM

Sexton, Webb and Barcia on Mosiman's 250F

|

7/26/2021 4:25 PM

slipdog wrote:

Sexton, Webb and Barcia on Mosiman's 250F

Throwing Webb on a 250 for the mxon would work beautifully in my opinion, but I'd keep Barcia on a 450.

|

7/26/2021 4:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2021 4:57 PM

Ranman68 wrote:

Press516 wrote:

Ranman68 wrote:

Yeah that sucked a major dick. I was stoked after our boys qualified number 2 in that deep sand. JCoop holeshotting from way ...more

DITTO!!!!

In that slop it was impossible to see where everyone was, but I was yelling "both in top 10, I saw them"... Then, nothing.

At the end of lap 1, I said it'll be a miracle if they finish top 10.

|

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

7/27/2021 3:09 AM

creature654 wrote:

Falcon wrote:

A mistake to send the guy who has 62 more points and just won a race? I think it's a toss up under normal circumstances and ...more

1. Look at past performances at MXoN Barcia has been a huge letdown other than winning one moto (shit the bed in the final race). Webb’s only bad international moto was where he was laying it all on the line to pass Febvre.
2. Barcia only wins when there is no pressure or expectations. Year after year he lives off a handful of good races and everyone wears their rose color glasses thinking about those good races while forgetting the majority of them where he was underwhelming. This is why he’s never been in a title discussion late in a season.
3. Webb is just a better rider. He had a slow start to the season after winning by far the most important dirtbike championship in the world, and has been in the mix lately.

I don’t think putting either of them on a 250 would be a bad plan but we know team USA doesn’t usually do creative things like that.

|

7/27/2021 3:37 AM

I’d be pumped with that team. Especially if sexton starts putting the pieces together. RJ is fast as hell and Barcia always does good at those pressure races. No shot I’m sending coop unless he has a huge turn around

|

7/27/2021 4:50 AM

creature654 wrote:

Falcon wrote:

A mistake to send the guy who has 62 more points and just won a race? I think it's a toss up under normal circumstances and ...more

creature654 wrote:

1. Look at past performances at MXoN Barcia has been a huge letdown other than winning one moto (shit the bed in the final ...more

Wat? Barcia has been amazing at this event. Unless you think a 1-3 at Ernee is shitting the bed. By these standards his performance has maybe not been as good. But then again maybe don't look up Webbs results

|

7/27/2021 6:03 AM

creature654 wrote:

Falcon wrote:

creature654 wrote:

1. Look at past performances at MXoN Barcia has been a huge letdown other than winning one moto (shit the bed in the final ...more

Webb was good in 15 and was so-so in 16 until moto 2 which was horrible. He started up front and faded where as Febvre rode from the back and cemented his place as Frances best ever MxDN racer. Webb choked and now you think he should go when the only reason he’s getting top 10’s in motocross is because other guys are hurt?

Webb in the mix lately? Why are you commenting on races when you clearly are not watching them.

Barcia finished 3rd in lommel in the roughest moto as an active 250 rider. Everyone knew AC and Herlings would win so Barcia won the race race for third.

2013 wasn’t great but didn’t he still win the open class?

Won a moto in 2015 and moved up in the final moto.

2018 the whole team was off, but I believe Barcia had a flat tire anyways in the last moto.

Nice try with revisionist history.

|

7/27/2021 6:47 AM

Right now, TODAY... The only thing Webb might have on Barcia is start consistency. Webb is still a great starter (usually top 5) and Barcia is OK (usually top 10).

And even then, Barcia can also get out of the gate well at times, like Spring Creek...

I'm taking Barcia over Webb, just looking at the lap charts, Webb is dropping back every moto and Barcia moving forward every moto. It's quite clear...

|

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

7/27/2021 6:54 AM

On AMarts Washougal Vlog the 100% guy said he had just overheard Barcia get asked to go....

|

7/27/2021 9:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2021 9:16 AM

Falcon wrote:

creature654 wrote:

Park Boys wrote:

Webb was good in 15 and was so-so in 16 until moto 2 which was horrible. He started up front and faded where as Febvre rode ...more

I agree. Barcia over Webb all day long. It sucks Barcia is so inconsistent, but at least he’s got a chance of rising to the occasion. Webb is a good starter but fades in MX. If Barcia can get a good start he will more than likely stay up front. If Barcia goes then we just have to hope the “good” Barcia shows up.

Barcia, Sexton and Hampshire if the Star Yamaha boys aren’t going. If they are allowed to go then I’d go Barcia (Sexton or Plessinger… it’s a toss up for me) and Justin Cooper.

|

7/27/2021 9:23 AM

If we send any 3 of our top 10 riders from both national classes we have a chance to win. Most important thing is they have to want to go. Not for social media purposes. Go to win.

|

7/27/2021 9:39 AM

GForce MMG wrote:

If we send any 3 of our top 10 riders from both national classes we have a chance to win. Most important thing is they have to ...more

I’m not so sure about a chance to win. That all depends whether all 3 French, Italian and Dutch team members are healthy and able to go. France is probably the only team outside of USA who can lose one or two of their top riders and still have a shot to win or podium. Dutch have 4 maybe 5 guys who can get them on the podium but realistically if they lose Herlings or Coldenhoff they’re in trouble. If Italy loses Cairoli its game over for them.

USA can do very well with any combination of Tomac, Plessinger, Barcia, Sexton, Ciancarillo, Osborne, Jmart, Justin Cooper, Hampshire and maybe Mosiman. ***these are obviously when all are healthy, not necessarily all are realities this year***

For this year obviously our most likely team will be Barcia, Sexton and Hampshire if all the rumors about Star and Kawi not sending any riders. I’m pretty happy with that team. They can podium for sure and with some good starts and no crashes for all 3 they can definitely be in contention for the win.

|

7/27/2021 9:59 AM

At this point, I don’t even care who the team is. If we have guys who actually want to go I can appreciate that. Barcia Sexton Hampshire would be a great team. Mosiman would be a great pick also if Hampshire can’t go.

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story