MxoN 2019 Assen team selection USA?

mxactive
10/8/2018 11:35pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2018 5:32am
The first question to be answered: will team USA race the 2019 edition in Assen The Netherlands?

Second question: which team should team USA sent?

In my point of view it would be brilliant to sent Thomas Covington! He was second on the podium @ the MXGP Assen behind Jorge Prado (Spain).
For sure he knows the Europe style of tracks and his results are good! Finishing 4th and 5th in the World Championship MX2 (2017 & 2018).

MX2: Thomas Covington
MXGP: Eli Tomac
OPEN: Justin Barcia

|
Crush
10/9/2018 12:03am
Eli, Osborne and Webb on a 250.
tempura
10/9/2018 12:07am Edited Date/Time 10/9/2018 12:16am
Convington
Anderson
Barcia (or Osborne)

RussB
Fantasy
866th
10/9/2018 12:14am Edited Date/Time 10/9/2018 12:16am
Tomac and Barcia, although utterly fantastic riders, have had a few too many bad MXoN's now. I cant see how they will be fired up for the event after the run they've had over the past few years, and I cant blame them.

I think team USA will need a fresh and young team, with no previous bad memories of the event. De Coster should take a risk and send a 'B' team. Its worked in the past.

Covington is a no brainer
The other 2 riders.... too early to say!
Motofinne
10/9/2018 12:21am Edited Date/Time 10/9/2018 1:10am
MXGP: Anderson/Barcia/Tomac
MX2: Covington
Open: Osborne

I assume that Tomac will not want to go. So it will probably be a choice between Anderson and Barcia. I just listened to MX Vice post race podcasts and Barcia says he would race at Assen.

The Shop

mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
10/9/2018 12:26am
As it's kind of sandy in Assen:

Osborne
Covington
Dowd ;-)
GaryC1
10/9/2018 12:32am
Its literally a year away, how can you possibly even try and pick 3 riders now? There are 2 whole series' to go through to see who's on form, i know it was a bad defeat on home soil but MXdN is such a unique race and usually provides shock results so just sit tight until next year. Mindsets like this "this year we were no good so lets start picking next yeats team" is probably part of the problem with USA performances recently. There is so much extra pressure and expectations on the American guys whereas other countries just seem happy with their countries efforts. Just my 2 cents though
Stoop
Fantasy
1021st
10/9/2018 12:37am
Tomac
Osborne
Covington
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
10/9/2018 12:39am
Do not send a team.
chuckdavies
10/9/2018 12:53am
Crush wrote:
Eli, Osborne and Webb on a 250.
Are you seriously thinking Webb over Covington around Assen? Wow
NVA57
Fantasy
1742nd
10/9/2018 12:56am
Barcia was pretty good in Lommel.

Osborne
Covington
Barcia
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
10/9/2018 1:03am
tempura wrote:
Why?
Seriously, what is the point ? Give the trophy directly to the Netherlands.

The US should assume focus on MEC and SX.
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
10/9/2018 1:04am
Cantrell
Bloss
Cunningham
tempura
10/9/2018 1:09am
tempura wrote:
Why?
WCRider wrote:
Seriously, what is the point ? Give the trophy directly to the Netherlands.

The US should assume focus on MEC and SX.
That’s a losing attitude dude.. America wasn’t made on that kinda thinking.
Rs444
10/9/2018 2:21am
Would be retarded not to send covington who has more deep sand experience than any other american and he knows the track so covington, osborne and either tomac or barcia would be the best team to send.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2425th
10/9/2018 3:10am
I would force any rider from another country racing in the AMA to get American citizenship and run with.

Marvin Musquin
Ken Roczen
Hunter Lawrence

GaryC1
10/9/2018 3:17am
aaryn #234 wrote:
I would force any rider from another country racing in the AMA to get American citizenship and run with.

Marvin Musquin
Ken Roczen
Hunter Lawrence

Absolutely has to be a joke post. You do realize that Tomac had all the AMA guys covered during the regular season but des Nations is a different beast. Everythint gets flipped on it's head and the whole event is up for grabs, that's why it's the best race of the year
Huckster
10/9/2018 3:29am
RussB wrote:
Tomac and Barcia, although utterly fantastic riders, have had a few too many bad MXoN's now. I cant see how they will be fired up for...
Tomac and Barcia, although utterly fantastic riders, have had a few too many bad MXoN's now. I cant see how they will be fired up for the event after the run they've had over the past few years, and I cant blame them.

I think team USA will need a fresh and young team, with no previous bad memories of the event. De Coster should take a risk and send a 'B' team. Its worked in the past.

Covington is a no brainer
The other 2 riders.... too early to say!
Don't let facts get in your way:
2012. Barcia 3/14(was top 5 until DyDecker destroyed his front wheel). 3rd to Caroli and Herlings on their practice track.
2015. Barcia 1/3. Won his class

This was his first bad MXoN ride with 9/13(claims a mechanical issue).
He has been pretty solid IMHO
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2425th
10/9/2018 3:29am
aaryn #234 wrote:

Marvin Musquin
Ken Roczen
Hunter Lawrence

GaryC1 wrote:
Absolutely has to be a joke post. You do realize that Tomac had all the AMA guys covered during the regular season but des Nations is...
Absolutely has to be a joke post. You do realize that Tomac had all the AMA guys covered during the regular season but des Nations is a different beast. Everythint gets flipped on it's head and the whole event is up for grabs, that's why it's the best race of the year
You could slide in Tomac for either Roczen or Marvin,

I would go with leaving Marv out for Tomac, then ask him to fill in if Ken could not ride or chose Germany.

The Aussie boy would be a clear choice of course.

Seriously I can't believe France won again this year, how did that even happen. Can someone please beat the French next year.

Maybe someone can talk Herlings into racing SX and the American outdoors next year, give him American citizenship.

Surely a lineup of Tomac, Herlings and Lawerence would topple the French.

Or better yet, get that Prado fella to the U.S as well.

Anyone asked DV if he is happy with the French team winning this year,

Would have to have at least mixed emotions.
Fonzarelli
10/9/2018 3:38am
All three of these guys should be building sand tracks in their back yards, practicing all year on them, and begging Decoster to resend them next year to redeem themselves.
GaryC1
10/9/2018 3:48am Edited Date/Time 10/9/2018 3:49am
aaryn #234 wrote:
You could slide in Tomac for either Roczen or Marvin, I would go with leaving Marv out for Tomac, then ask him to fill in if...

I would go with leaving Marv out for Tomac, then ask him to fill in if Ken could not ride or chose Germany.

Seriously I can't believe France won again this year, how did that even happen. Can someone please beat the French next year.

Maybe someone can talk Herlings into racing SX and the American outdoors next year, give him American citizenship.

Again, there is no way you are serious with these suggestions. If you are an Aussie then why do you want America to try and steal everybody on a technicality? That's not the spirit of the event and would ruin the whole damn thing.

I have no idea why Americans/anyone who supports America (i loge to support the yanks myself) thinks they have some sort of entitlement that they should win the Nations every year and it just shows how pathetic peoples views are that they genuinely want people to gain dual citizenship so that they win under the "American flag."

Deal with the fact that MX is now a worldwide level sport and just be thankful that teams from all over the world now have a chance of winning the event. As a neutral viewer I absolutely love the intrigue the event brings with it now, much more interesting now than just assuming USA would take the win every year
motomike137
10/9/2018 3:54am
mxactive wrote:
The first question to be answered: will team USA race the 2019 edition in Assen The Netherlands? Second question: which team should team USA sent? In...
The first question to be answered: will team USA race the 2019 edition in Assen The Netherlands?

Second question: which team should team USA sent?

In my point of view it would be brilliant to sent Thomas Covington! He was second on the podium @ the MXGP Assen behind Jorge Prado (Spain).
For sure he knows the Europe style of tracks and his results are good! Finishing 4th and 5th in the World Championship MX2 (2017 & 2018).

MX2: Thomas Covington
MXGP: Eli Tomac
OPEN: Justin Barcia

I think our team will be there and ready to throw down. It may be a year away but I like your picks for our team. If our guys have any pride in themselves they will be back to fight another day. I'm already thinking about making the trip over Smile
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2425th
10/9/2018 4:03am
aaryn #234 wrote:
You could slide in Tomac for either Roczen or Marvin, I would go with leaving Marv out for Tomac, then ask him to fill in if...

GaryC1 wrote:
Again, there is no way you are serious with these suggestions. If you are an Aussie then why do you want America to try and steal...
Again, there is no way you are serious with these suggestions. If you are an Aussie then why do you want America to try and steal everybody on a technicality? That's not the spirit of the event and would ruin the whole damn thing.

I have no idea why Americans/anyone who supports America (i loge to support the yanks myself) thinks they have some sort of entitlement that they should win the Nations every year and it just shows how pathetic peoples views are that they genuinely want people to gain dual citizenship so that they win under the "American flag."

Deal with the fact that MX is now a worldwide level sport and just be thankful that teams from all over the world now have a chance of winning the event. As a neutral viewer I absolutely love the intrigue the event brings with it now, much more interesting now than just assuming USA would take the win every year
You should have guessed I was not serious when I am from Australia and suggested the U.S team be able to have our current #1 prospect on their team Smile

Australia is looking good for future years, Evans was awesome, he is young and only stepped up to the MX1 class in Australia this year, a heap of upside.

There is another Lawerence brother coming, Ferris will be at the top of his game for a few more years yet.

The U.S.A will be fine, they have the talent to still, won't be as often, but on the right track, they will be hard to beat.

I am somewhat serious about someone beating the French team. Seriously if it was the U.S that as on a five-year winning streak (again) Everyone one from every nation but the U.S would be cheering on any other nation to win.

France is winning without their strongest team on the track, it is currently fair to say France is the number one motocross producing nation in the world. Sure they don't have that one stand out rider, but a few that are right up there with the best in the world and their depth and ability to produce world class MX and SX riders is pretty dam impressive at the moment.
10/9/2018 5:27am
Tomac
Anderson
Covington

That has to be the team for Assen if they want a shot at a podium.

Really Osbourne over Anderson, Tomac or Barcia? you people are high.
wreckitrandy
10/9/2018 5:27am
This year's team won't want anything to do with next year's event. DeCoster should say to hey with it and pick Covington, Zacko and, Webb. People will complain that it's a KTM umbrella team. And they'll likely get spanked as well but, they won't back up from it. Two experienced GP campaigners and the guy with unfortunately the biggest mouth,,, I bet they would beat sixth place.
resetjet
10/9/2018 5:32am
Rc,js,rv.....

Post a reply to: MxoN 2019 Assen team selection USA?

The Latest