Mxgp popularity growing daily during supercross season!!

Shaned9326
4/18/2018 6:55am
Seems to me that the mxgp boys are being talked about daily on vital and the deeper we get into supercross season the more people are enjoying and following those fast boys from across the pond!! I think it’s pretty ironic that Feld and all the big money thrown into supercross has more and more people talking about the races from The mxgp series on Monday mornings and how insane the tracks were and the speeds those guys were carrying thru knee deep ruts!! Maybe times are a changing and the Nationals can become the Mecca of racing in the USA again and supercross can take the backseat as between losing half the field to injuries and too many races jammed in before our outdoor season begins lots of fans are just over it and many are tuning in to the work championships and realizing how much we miss actual motocross!! Just an opinion and thought and all vitards have a awesome day!!
|
ML512
Fantasy
32nd
4/18/2018 7:03am
Shaned9326 wrote:
Seems to me that the mxgp boys are being talked about daily on vital and the deeper we get into supercross season the more people are...
Seems to me that the mxgp boys are being talked about daily on vital and the deeper we get into supercross season the more people are enjoying and following those fast boys from across the pond!! I think it’s pretty ironic that Feld and all the big money thrown into supercross has more and more people talking about the races from The mxgp series on Monday mornings and how insane the tracks were and the speeds those guys were carrying thru knee deep ruts!! Maybe times are a changing and the Nationals can become the Mecca of racing in the USA again and supercross can take the backseat as between losing half the field to injuries and too many races jammed in before our outdoor season begins lots of fans are just over it and many are tuning in to the work championships and realizing how much we miss actual motocross!! Just an opinion and thought and all vitards have a awesome day!!
Supercross just reset their viewing record (even with a depleted field) and talking to racers themselves...it's clear which they care more about.

The core audience found here is slowly becoming the minority and it's not going back the other way as of now.
mx_563
4/18/2018 7:21am
My interest in the GP scene has certainly increased in recent years.

As for SX....seems like 5% sport, 30% spectacle, and 65% advertising. When the only way you can tolerate watching it is with the sound turned off, there's something wrong.
St Ann More
4/18/2018 7:25am
My interest dropped after 6-8 rounds, fantasy kept it going, then I got hammered for a wedding, got a 0 for fantasy, now over SX this year, GP rule so far and roll on AMA Nationals too!
kpersonius264
Fantasy
3520th
4/18/2018 7:30am
Pretty much. I just recorded mxgp for the first time this weekend. I’m ready for outdoors

The Shop

TXDirt
4/18/2018 7:34am
ML512 wrote:
Supercross just reset their viewing record (even with a depleted field) and talking to racers themselves...it's clear which they care more about. The core audience found...
Supercross just reset their viewing record (even with a depleted field) and talking to racers themselves...it's clear which they care more about.

The core audience found here is slowly becoming the minority and it's not going back the other way as of now.
That would be a good vital poll.
4/18/2018 7:36am
ML512 wrote:
Supercross just reset their viewing record (even with a depleted field) and talking to racers themselves...it's clear which they care more about. The core audience found...

TXDirt wrote:
That would be a good vital poll.
Agreed. How about it, admins?
Ted722
4/18/2018 7:40am
Which event are your referring to ML512? This year? Was there a baseball or Nascar lead in?
smit9722
4/18/2018 8:16am
Watching every round now where I used to just check in on it every once in awhile.
motomike137
4/18/2018 8:24am
It's going to be interesting to see once Herlings asserts his dominance over multiple seasons just how interested everyone stays. I remember getting a little bored during the MC and RC reigns of terror Wink
tprice07
4/18/2018 8:25am
Shaned9326 wrote:
Seems to me that the mxgp boys are being talked about daily on vital and the deeper we get into supercross season the more people are...
Well when you create a new post about them every couple days...then yes there is an uptick in GPs on Vital.

Here is the problem with MX and even SX at the moment. The televised event is far too long and boring. 20 minute main events are horribly boring and end up putting massive gaps between the leaders and the rest of the field. They should be a 3 10 min moto format run back to back. Each moto is points paying, there is no overall for the night. Don't tell me they don't have enough time to work on bikes because they run 30 min + 2 in motocross without fixing the bike mid race...the bikes can last.

What will this do? Close up the gaps between racers. The intensity will push for more slip ups leading to different leaders/winners. What does that do? Increases the value of more racers. Now suddenly a 5th place rider can lead some laps if not win. If more riders are "capable" of winning or leading ...sponsors will be happier with the results.

Currently, we have 4 heats and 2 lcqs that mean absolutely nothing in the points. They are strictly qualifying. Scrap fastest lap qualifying (keep open practice) and use the heats/lcqs for qualifying. Let gate pick be a lottery system.

Our current system rewards the fastest rider in every way possible. They get the fastest lap time in qualifying...then the best gate pick for the heat....easier to win because of it...best gate pick for the main ....get out to a good start because of the superior gate pick...win by a mile (leading pack specifically)...then we complain about how boring the race was.

Also, less practice/qualifying helps to counter the one lined track we typically end up with by the time the main roles around. Don't let the riders figure out the fastest line. Did you read this entire post? Probably not if it had been 3 concise sentence I bet you would have Smile
4/18/2018 8:55am
Been watching it on tv for 4 years now I'm like the only one of my friends that regularly watches it.

But it finally became more available to me cause the tv service provider i switched to has cbs sports.
I like the fact i can get to watch it finally more regularly and not just read about it.

But I don't hold it above sx or the u.s. nationals that's crazy talk. I'm a moto head plain and simple i even like the Canadian nationals.
4/18/2018 9:06am
It follows exactly the same pattern every year. Nothing different at all. 2 rounds into the nationals, people start talking about being anxious for the supercross season to get started. A few rounds into supercross, the same people every year post about being so "over" or "done with" supercross and ready for the nationals. LOL It's a hilarious pattern to watch every single year.

MXGP actually being available to watch is a big reason people are talking about it, in prior years, lots of people couldn't even watch mxgp, and weren't about to put in the work to figure out how to see the races in some alternative way.
motomike137
4/18/2018 10:13am
Mr. Knobby wrote:
It follows exactly the same pattern every year. Nothing different at all. 2 rounds into the nationals, people start talking about being anxious for the supercross...
It follows exactly the same pattern every year. Nothing different at all. 2 rounds into the nationals, people start talking about being anxious for the supercross season to get started. A few rounds into supercross, the same people every year post about being so "over" or "done with" supercross and ready for the nationals. LOL It's a hilarious pattern to watch every single year.

MXGP actually being available to watch is a big reason people are talking about it, in prior years, lots of people couldn't even watch mxgp, and weren't about to put in the work to figure out how to see the races in some alternative way.
You'll never catch me being bored with MX and wishing for SX!
4/18/2018 10:53am
Mr. Knobby wrote:
It follows exactly the same pattern every year. Nothing different at all. 2 rounds into the nationals, people start talking about being anxious for the supercross...

Not for me. I recognize that Supercross sucks, and it's the worst thing that ever happened to motocross.

I always look forward to the MXGP season and enjoy it, because it's the best series in the world. The AMA Motocross series is good too, but it's too short and too compressed. Supercross is a low-end freak show for idiots that exists at the expense of the AMA Motocross season.

That's my pattern. Every year.
Shaned9326
4/18/2018 11:04am
Not for me. I recognize that Supercross sucks, and it's the worst thing that ever happened to motocross. I always look forward to the MXGP season...
Not for me. I recognize that Supercross sucks, and it's the worst thing that ever happened to motocross.

I always look forward to the MXGP season and enjoy it, because it's the best series in the world. The AMA Motocross series is good too, but it's too short and too compressed. Supercross is a low-end freak show for idiots that exists at the expense of the AMA Motocross season.

100 percent agree!!
Big Ragu
4/18/2018 11:26am
Mr. Knobby wrote:

This^^^^^^
Knobby knailed it
NVA57
Fantasy
1855th
4/18/2018 1:19pm
To be honest the MXGP bench racing threads are a ghost town compared to the bench racing threads from RV2's year and the year after.
peltier626
4/18/2018 1:28pm
12 ROUNDS OF SX with breaks throughout and 12 ROUNDS OF MX with breaks throughout the season.
MotoX85
4/18/2018 1:35pm
Supercross blows. Something to watch when it's cold until the GPs start and then the outdoors national start.

The industry just doesnt want you speaking out about their cash cow of posercross fans that show up to stadiums with their monster shirt on.

Actual CORE motocross fans show up to an outdoor national, ride or race amateur day Friday or Sunday and watch the pros on Saturday.

If supercross was in the summer, it wouldn't exist.
mx317
4/18/2018 1:45pm
I like it ALL!
cousinskeet
4/18/2018 1:54pm
Let me stir the pot. That Herlings guy. I think he's the fastest outdoor rider in either series.
Motofinne
4/18/2018 1:56pm Edited Date/Time 4/18/2018 1:58pm
The same thing happens every year for me (except once or twice in 10 years when there is a legit title race). A1 is exciting because of no real racing for months. Then i'll be hooked to SX for about 6-10 rounds (depends on how the series looks at that time) and then the interest in the series drops of a cliff. Fantasy kept me going a bit longer but once i was completely screwed in those leagues there is nothing to be excited about.

I actually haven't watched a whole SX event in a few weeks. It's so incredibly boring. And the triple crown hasn't fixed anything in my mind.

Thank god for the GPs, MotoGP and US outdoors that will start soon.
Nuffsaid
4/18/2018 1:58pm Edited Date/Time 4/18/2018 2:00pm
NVA57 wrote:
To be honest the MXGP bench racing threads are a ghost town compared to the bench racing threads from RV2's year and the year after.
The vast majority of the World Championship GP fans do not speak English as a first language hence World Championship. The American forums are meaningless and trival to them being that RV was just a novelty
MotoX85
4/18/2018 2:20pm
Let me stir the pot. That Herlings guy. I think he's the fastest outdoor rider in either series.
As one of his biggest critics when he was sandbagging the 250s, I totally agree with you. After watching him in Indiana last year, it is perfectly clear today's American will not ride out of the box. They ride a certain way and if they win they win, lose they lose. Herlings drive to win was impressive to say the least.

Febvre at Glen Helen couple years ago was impressive also.
kijen
4/18/2018 2:32pm
Shaned9326 wrote:
ML512 wrote:

Neither were 125's listening to the media experts, reality is the core riders keep the sport alive not the media, magazine, websites, sx "fans", etc
MX feeds the SX/MX pros.

Try asking the pro's if they made it by racing, amateur SX.
kkawboy14
4/18/2018 3:33pm
Simple test:

1) how many were chatting during the MXGP race this weekend?

2) how many were chatting during the sx?
4/18/2018 3:39pm
Not for me. I recognize that Supercross sucks, and it's the worst thing that ever happened to motocross. I always look forward to the MXGP season...

Shaned9326 wrote:
100 percent agree!!
Totally right
Frank
4/18/2018 4:29pm
Shaned9326 wrote:
ML512 wrote:

I enjoy and follow both so no dog in this fight.

Everyone knows Feld tv ratings mean nothing and are doctored to fit the cause (as just discussed on pulpmx).

Wait.....you talked to the racers and they prefer the series they race in. Shocking.

The op was referring to those on Vital. Last time I checked those on Vital are not in the minority of those on Vital. lol

I do fully agree with you as it pertains to the core audience shrinking outside of media like Vital. Those that do not ride/buy parts/etc are more apt to know about supercross than any form of motocross including the gp's and us nationals.

Frank
4/18/2018 4:35pm
NVA57 wrote:
SX is live on TV. MXGP is not. Maybe just maybe that has something to do with it. Just saying.
4/18/2018 6:01pm
Motofinne wrote:
The same thing happens every year for me (except once or twice in 10 years when there is a legit title race). A1 is exciting because...
The same thing happens every year for me (except once or twice in 10 years when there is a legit title race). A1 is exciting because of no real racing for months. Then i'll be hooked to SX for about 6-10 rounds (depends on how the series looks at that time) and then the interest in the series drops of a cliff. Fantasy kept me going a bit longer but once i was completely screwed in those leagues there is nothing to be excited about.

I actually haven't watched a whole SX event in a few weeks. It's so incredibly boring. And the triple crown hasn't fixed anything in my mind.

Thank god for the GPs, MotoGP and US outdoors that will start soon.
MotoGP is the best racing on earth -- anywhere, any type, any format. That stuff is unreal.

Post a reply to: Mxgp popularity growing daily during supercross season!!

The Latest