Mxgp on Motorsport tv (uk) not been on?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/17/2018 6:47 AM

Anybody know why the last 2 mxgp races haven’t been shown on motorsport tv? I set them both to record, still listed as a programme on the TV guide but they’ve ended up showing other stuff instead?

|

9/17/2018 9:07 AM

Yeah odd.

A few years ago Motorsports TV disappeared from Sky Sports completely, Sky told me it was a contract renewal fee issue and it was resolved after a few weeks, but this is different as the channel is still available on Sky, just not showing MXGP.

I bet a lot of people are counting on watching MXoN on Sky as the channel is no longer on Freeview, just Sky, Freesat & Virgin.

Anyways have asked Motorsports TV what's going on so I'll let you know if they respond with an answer.

|

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

9/17/2018 9:41 AM

It has been mentioned on another thread, a chap from Belgium started sending private messages to other posters allegedly about what has gone on. Why it had to be privately done I don't know.

|

9/17/2018 9:58 AM

MXdN will be on Eurosport.

|

9/17/2018 10:00 AM

Robgvx wrote:

As delayed coverage I would guess.

Wont matter to me I'll be there.

|

9/17/2018 10:45 AM

Robgvx wrote:

Mucktub wrote:

As delayed coverage I would guess.

Wont matter to me I'll be there.

First race slightly delayed, second and third races live.

|

9/17/2018 12:35 PM

Mucktub wrote:

It has been mentioned on another thread, a chap from Belgium started sending private messages to other posters allegedly about what has gone on. Why it had to be privately done I don't know.

Sorry, but I've no idea what has gone on? I was only sending them a live stream link from a Slovenian TV sports channel.

|

9/17/2018 12:54 PM

|

9/17/2018 1:16 PM

Yep, I came across similar info while trying to find out why the Dutch round of MXGP wasn't being aired after the previous round also wasn't broadcast live on MotorsportTV.

What a bunch of A grade wank stains the new owners Motorsport Network are for doing this with what was formerly Motors TV. I caught up on the highlights via Eurosport 1 so hopefully they will also be showing MXdN (I note Robgvx's post).

MXGP NEEDS to be shown on free-to-air tv to build up a decent fan base just like Formula 1 did many years ago. A stupid move indeed by Motorsport Network.

|

9/17/2018 1:19 PM

That solves that mystery then, shame really used to be a good channel. Cheers for the link ??

|

9/17/2018 1:28 PM

It may turn out to be a good thing. In the UK there were two channels showing MXGP, often at the same time. That hurt both channels’ viewing figures. Maybe if there’s now only one viewing option the figures will improve and lead to more priority scheduling.

|

9/17/2018 2:05 PM

Ooooooooh no Jorge, the MXDN is a premium product sold on MXGP.TV at a very premium price... 26€!

|

9/17/2018 2:06 PM

Robgvx wrote:

It may turn out to be a good thing. In the UK there were two channels showing MXGP, often at the same time. That hurt both channels’ viewing figures. Maybe if there’s now only one viewing option the figures will improve and lead to more priority scheduling.

Yeah, hopefully someone will step up.

|

9/17/2018 2:10 PM

GODZILLA wrote:

Ooooooooh no Jorge, the MXDN is a premium product sold on MXGP.TV at a very premium price... 26€!

Damn it appears you are right. Silly me thinking Luongo wouldn't try to squeeze every dollar out of us.. $40 Canadian to stream one event? That's almost robbery.

Going to delete my previous post so no one thinks the prices I put are accurate.

|

9/17/2018 2:49 PM

GODZILLA wrote:

That's what's going on.
RIP Motorsport TV.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/09/14/motorsport-tv-to-close-tv-channel-at-end-of-this-month.html

Sir wrote:

Yep, I came across similar info while trying to find out why the Dutch round of MXGP wasn't being aired after the previous round also wasn't broadcast live on MotorsportTV.

What a bunch of A grade wank stains the new owners Motorsport Network are for doing this with what was formerly Motors TV. I caught up on the highlights via Eurosport 1 so hopefully they will also be showing MXdN (I note Robgvx's post).

MXGP NEEDS to be shown on free-to-air tv to build up a decent fan base just like Formula 1 did many years ago. A stupid move indeed by Motorsport Network.

It's business. Nobody's canning Motorsport TV because they hate MX, or are idiots. If the station doesn't get enough viewers, and as a result can't generate enough ad revenue, then it can't survive. It's that simple.

Eurosport gets flack for not always showing MX live, or bumping it for snooker or whatever. But, MX is a niche sport with tiny viewer numbers (which were further reduced by it being also shown on two competing channels). Those other sports like cycling, snooker, tennis etc get way more viewers than motocross so why would they prioritize MX over them?

The only way MX would be ranked higher than those other sports is if a) the viewer numbers were much higher, b) ad revenue during motocross increased dramatically (but ad revenue is tied to viewer figures so I don't see that happening), or c) if Luongo pays even more money for it to be shown. And I don't see that happening either.

As I said in my other post, perhaps if Motorsport TV are no longer operating then more people will watch Eurosport's coverage and the whole thing will become more economically viable.

For the MXdN we're commentating the first one slightly delayed at 8pm UK time, and the second two live at 8.30pm and 10.00pm. But whether they go out at those times in the UK I don't know. I imagine it depends if there are any other, more profitable sports on that evening. As it is an evening show this year (for the UK) then I'm hopeful that MX will be the main attraction.

It'll be awesome whatever happens.

|

9/17/2018 4:32 PM

Mucktub wrote:

Rudicross wrote:

Sorry, but I've no idea what has gone on? I was only sending them a live stream link from a Slovenian TV sports channel.

The PMs makes sense then. Keep up the good work Rudi. When you get used to good quality free to air coverage it seems like a bitter pill to swallow when your only option is pay per view.

Hopefully Eurosport will be able to show the races live more often although MX seems to be the ginger step child of the televised sports world. I'm a big fan of Rodger Warren and Rob Andrews commentary but I will also miss Malin, might have to get my purse out for MXGP season pass next season then.

|

9/17/2018 4:44 PM

I actually always have a hard time imagining people enjoying watching snooker on TV.
More like snoozer to me.
laughing

|

9/17/2018 9:31 PM

Robgvx wrote:

It's business. Nobody's canning Motorsport TV because they hate MX, or are idiots. If the station doesn't get enough viewers, and as a result can't generate enough ad revenue, then it can't survive. It's that simple.

Eurosport gets flack for not always showing MX live, or bumping it for snooker or whatever. But, MX is a niche sport with tiny viewer numbers (which were further reduced by it being also shown on two competing channels). Those other sports like cycling, snooker, tennis etc get way more viewers than motocross so why would they prioritize MX over them?

The only way MX would be ranked higher than those other sports is if a) the viewer numbers were much higher, b) ad revenue during motocross increased dramatically (but ad revenue is tied to viewer figures so I don't see that happening), or c) if Luongo pays even more money for it to be shown. And I don't see that happening either.

As I said in my other post, perhaps if Motorsport TV are no longer operating then more people will watch Eurosport's coverage and the whole thing will become more economically viable.

For the MXdN we're commentating the first one slightly delayed at 8pm UK time, and the second two live at 8.30pm and 10.00pm. But whether they go out at those times in the UK I don't know. I imagine it depends if there are any other, more profitable sports on that evening. As it is an evening show this year (for the UK) then I'm hopeful that MX will be the main attraction.

It'll be awesome whatever happens.

I agree. The TV viewing figures for MXGP must be tiny in the great scheme of things. I prefer paying for watching on MXGP TV nowadays anyway as it's in HD and advert-free.

We shouldn't complain really, I remember the days when I used to have to wait till the following Wednesday to find out the results from a GP in Motor Cycle News.

|

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

2/16/2019 11:07 AM

Anybody knows what's going on for 2019?
Seems like most races will be delayed on Eurosport...
MXGP TV only solution to watch live?

|

2/16/2019 2:23 PM

GODZILLA wrote:

Eurosport player

|

2/16/2019 2:42 PM

GODZILLA wrote:

Fraid so fella

|