Mxa silly season

Probably the best current info on next year.

http://motocrossactionmag.com/news/rumors-speculations-and-buzz
|
6/16/2016 9:20am
Was just going to post it. I think it's hilarious that Yoshimura may be pulling support from under js7 feet. If the rumor is true. Field a 250 factory team and rch becomes the premier 450 suzuki team. Only rch is shipping for different brands.

Poor suzuki
6/16/2016 10:05am

kkawboy14 wrote:
Stewart would be a deal if the contract he gets is "performance based pay only".....no one in their right mind would pay him a salary plus...
Stewart would be a deal if the contract he gets is "performance based pay only".....no one in their right mind would pay him a salary plus, next year
I agree. Performance based is prob his best and last shot.
mb60
6/16/2016 10:05am
Interesting to read about the article on JS7 and his contract. I doubt anybody will see him the rest of the summer. Interesting also that someone has not commented on his facebook page right before Lakewood about a change and praying for the outcome. I honestly believe that his mind is not into it anymore. Becoming a new dad has to be playing a major part of all this also.

The Shop

Drfletcher
6/16/2016 10:07am
I hope J Mart stays on blue and I would like to see JGR go after Anderson.
Zycki11
6/16/2016 10:10am
Drfletcher wrote:
Anderson is Husky's #1 guy. He will not be leaving anytime soon
6/16/2016 10:18am

kkawboy14 wrote:
Stewart would be a deal if the contract he gets is "performance based pay only".....no one in their right mind would pay him a salary plus...
Stewart would be a deal if the contract he gets is "performance based pay only".....no one in their right mind would pay him a salary plus, next year
Glad to see people coming to reality. I posted exactly this some time ago about js7 and got blasted. Actually said that before last sx season. Vital.........
51xc
6/16/2016 10:41am
Drfletcher wrote:
Zycki11 wrote:
anderson and pourcel are signed through 2018.

the only thing i can say about rch is 'ouch'. yosh at least has bb4 who can bring them some top 5 finishes but rch better go after savatgy if he is available. if not, bogle, mookie or wilson are probably their best bet.
mxbrian15
6/16/2016 10:43am
What's wrong with this photo? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/06/16/139569/s1200_Screen_Shot_2016_06_16_at_10.38.51_AM.jpg[/img]
What's wrong with this photo?

Oh no! Canard will only be able to race with one leg when he goes to KTM!?!?!?!
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
6/16/2016 10:45am
I think the best option for JMart would be to go to factory Yamaha. with an asterisk. he ride the 250 in supercross and 450 outdoors. heres why:

jmart was fast in sx but very inconsistent, so he needs some more development. I would have him race the 250 west then race a 450 in the east rounds to get some unpressured experience.

the big question is what will happen to Suzuki?

perhaps RCH makes a full on pairing with the factory? or even BTO goes back to suzukis....either way they needs to get their shit together. Suzuki has a good bike but it sounds like their program is back to what they were in the 90's. SHIT
Zycki11
6/16/2016 10:59am Edited Date/Time 6/16/2016 11:00am
Drfletcher wrote:
Zycki11 wrote:
51xc wrote:
anderson and pourcel are signed through 2018. the only thing i can say about rch is 'ouch'. yosh at least has bb4 who can bring them...
anderson and pourcel are signed through 2018.

the only thing i can say about rch is 'ouch'. yosh at least has bb4 who can bring them some top 5 finishes but rch better go after savatgy if he is available. if not, bogle, mookie or wilson are probably their best bet.
Who would you take? Mookie has the most upside, and bogle has a ton of potential as well. Savagty reminds me of Weimer. Great rider and will be a fantastic 2nd guy on the team.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
6/16/2016 11:03am
Drfletcher wrote:
Id rather see him on a different brand 450
The yamaha 250 is great but the 450 still seems inferior
Honda or ktm would be better imo
Or maybe suzuki because everyone says the corner so great
Zycki11
6/16/2016 11:09am
Drfletcher wrote:
Tarz483 wrote:
Id rather see him on a different brand 450 The yamaha 250 is great but the 450 still seems inferior Honda or ktm would be better...
Id rather see him on a different brand 450
The yamaha 250 is great but the 450 still seems inferior
Honda or ktm would be better imo
Or maybe suzuki because everyone says the corner so great
Are you sure about that? Seems similar to any new model. Now Yamaha at least has a really really good test rider (reedy) to iron out the bugs. I have a feeling that bike is going to be pretty good next year in supercross
6/16/2016 11:31am
What's wrong with this photo? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/06/16/139569/s1200_Screen_Shot_2016_06_16_at_10.38.51_AM.jpg[/img]
What's wrong with this photo?

mxbrian15 wrote:
Oh no! Canard will only be able to race with one leg when he goes to KTM!?!?!?!
GrinningGrinning
MelonFan123
6/16/2016 11:49am Edited Date/Time 6/16/2016 11:49am
Good God. Does MXA even employ a copy editor? That reads like a blog posting from an eighth grader.
I'll admit I think some of the MXA bashing that goes on around here is a little excessive, but you hit the nail on the head and it's well deserved.

"As recent as a year ago, Alex Martin was not on any bodies radar"

Is Alex a form of a tattoo on a satellite? Oh, you meant to say "anybody's" Woohoo

there were a few other things I saw but that was one that really stuck out to me
sozo
6/16/2016 12:21pm
What did Roger not get from Zook that he left for KTM? Money ? LOL
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
6/16/2016 12:21pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Yep, X2.
kkawboy14
6/16/2016 12:22pm
I would put a 5 man team together of those 5th thru 10th guys......
51xc
6/16/2016 12:29pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2016 12:34pm
Zycki11 wrote:
Who would you take? Mookie has the most upside, and bogle has a ton of potential as well. Savagty reminds me of Weimer. Great rider and...
Who would you take? Mookie has the most upside, and bogle has a ton of potential as well. Savagty reminds me of Weimer. Great rider and will be a fantastic 2nd guy on the team.
honestly I am impressed by savatgy this year. if you would have asked me last year I would have agreed with you but he gave webb (who is a big $ signing!) a good run for his money this sx season and joey looks great so far for the outdoors. if he can win the title or finish VERY close to the title winner I'd choose him over mookie and bogle. savagty seems to handle pressure really well, especially when leading a race where mookie just make the wrong decisions at times. they are both great guys but i think savagty stepped it up a lot more than anyone else this year. bogle would be my 3rd choice. he is fast at times but pretty inconsistent i think. that's how i see it, others probably disagree and i m not here to argue about it. Grinning
kkawboy14
6/16/2016 12:34pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Glad to see people coming to reality. I posted exactly this some time ago about js7 and got blasted. Actually said that before last sx season...
Glad to see people coming to reality. I posted exactly this some time ago about js7 and got blasted. Actually said that before last sx season. Vital.........
I'm pretty sure I didn't disagree with you back then!
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
6/16/2016 12:36pm
51xc wrote:
honestly I am impressed by savatgy this year. if you would have asked me last year I would have agreed with you but he gave webb...
honestly I am impressed by savatgy this year. if you would have asked me last year I would have agreed with you but he gave webb (who is a big $ signing!) a good run for his money this sx season and joey looks great so far for the outdoors. if he can win the title or finish VERY close to the title winner I'd choose him over mookie and bogle. savagty seems to handle pressure really well, especially when leading a race where mookie just make the wrong decisions at times. they are both great guys but i think savagty stepped it up a lot more than anyone else this year. bogle would be my 3rd choice. he is fast at times but pretty inconsistent i think. that's how i see it, others probably disagree and i m not here to argue about it. Grinning
X2
51xc
6/16/2016 12:41pm

51xc wrote:
breaking news: trey canard to race with only one leg for '17.
I thought the leg removal surgery was all rumors HuhTongue
nah it's all stamped. apparently ktm couldn't afford the 2nd one. dungey asked for more money to take piano lessons for his career after moto. trey will be ok, pretty sure aldon baker has the right program ready for him.
Zycki11
6/16/2016 1:31pm
Zycki11 wrote:
Who would you take? Mookie has the most upside, and bogle has a ton of potential as well. Savagty reminds me of Weimer. Great rider and...
51xc wrote:
honestly I am impressed by savatgy this year. if you would have asked me last year I would have agreed with you but he gave webb...
Well I agree to agree so take that Angry
blusmbl
6/16/2016 2:06pm
I'll admit I think some of the MXA bashing that goes on around here is a little excessive, but you hit the nail on the head...
I'll admit I think some of the MXA bashing that goes on around here is a little excessive, but you hit the nail on the head and it's well deserved.

"As recent as a year ago, Alex Martin was not on any bodies radar"

Is Alex a form of a tattoo on a satellite? Oh, you meant to say "anybody's" Woohoo

there were a few other things I saw but that was one that really stuck out to me
X3, that is incredibly bad, there are dozens of errors at first glance, to the point where it's painful to read.
davistld01
6/16/2016 2:39pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2016 2:40pm
"Stewart and Blake Baggett, have been plagued with injuries. While Blake Baggett’s injuries are identifiable as physical, James Stewart seems to primarily be mental."

Seriously? The writer is stating that Stewart's problems this year "seen to primarily be mental"? WTF? I guess he doesn't remember about the concussion from A1, and his problems since then with injuries. And, while I'm not at all excited that Stewart had a career-worst SX season, and has followed it by an even worse Outdoor performance...I hardly think that his problems have all been mental.

I don't usually bash the guys at MXA, but this is ridiculous...and I'm not even talking about the grammar.
6/16/2016 2:47pm
Quite the amount of musical chairs and faffery, should be an interesting off-season for sure.

Post a reply to: Mxa silly season

The Latest