Mx vs. ATV Alive

drz117
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:49pm
I have seen little ads about it on the supercross preview show. Anyone have any info on it?
|
peelout
1/6/2011 10:30am
It will suck as bad as the last one.
reflex was good in a lot of ways, but fell short in a lot of areas. multiplayer was less than desirable.

i would like to see the series take an MX Unleashed approach again. that game rocked. only bikes, sweet environments, 17 sx tracks and like 15 mx tracks. i still play it on my ps2 more than reflex.

The Shop

wullyc
1/6/2011 10:32am
The last game didnt suck. Just needs real bikes and real track and a good career mode.
jeffro503
1/6/2011 10:37am
I have never been a fan really of any of the MX vs ATV games , But i thought the Reflex was kind of fun , for the little bit I played. I raced pretty steady on the old MCM2 stuff , and actually still play around with it. "To me" I still think MCM2 is a better game.

BUT.....with that being said , I guess Reflex ( or maybe it was alive?) is coming out to PC finally. If I play any games at all , they are on the computer , so I may pick it up when it comes out.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
1/6/2011 10:41am
Yeah, I liked Unleashed the best. Untamed needed better tracks and a rider position. I agree that Reflex needed real bikes and better career mode. The makers of these just don't seem to listen to feedback.
Adam43
1/6/2011 10:45am
I played Reflex until I won all the moto championships, then never touched it again.

I will not bother with another one of their games unless there is a track editor, or at least substantially more tracks.

I know they think their physics and game engine are sweet. I disagree and thought the Untamed one was much better.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
725th
1/6/2011 10:45am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2011 10:47am
They should focus on making a game that features good RACING. Block passing in corners, etc...

As it stands in Reflex, don't even think about bumping someone in the corner or someone is getting shot awkwardly off the track.

How do you accomplish all of this? Slow the bikes down in the corners.
jeffro503
1/6/2011 11:02am
Adam43 wrote:
I played Reflex until I won all the moto championships, then never touched it again. I will not bother with another one of their games unless...
I played Reflex until I won all the moto championships, then never touched it again.

I will not bother with another one of their games unless there is a track editor, or at least substantially more tracks.

I know they think their physics and game engine are sweet. I disagree and thought the Untamed one was much better.
The track editor thing was one of the reasons why I didn't care for the game. In my MCM2 game , I actually have all the older MX vs ATV track files converted over into the MCM2 game. In fact , I have ( still ) probably a 1000 tracks on CD's and about 250 in the game alone. I haven't been there in a while , but there is a place where all the old MCM2 guys hang out and still to this day design tracks. I think all the newer MX vs ATV have been converted.

The track editor for that game is awesome! Making the tracks in Photoshop , Paint shop , 3D cad type programs.....there was hardly no limitations.

So Reflex had no track editor? Wasn't there a way to DL tracks and import them? Maybe that was an older Gen game I'm thinking of?
1/6/2011 11:02am
i doubt there will be a track editor. then they wouldnt make money on selling downloadable tracks.
needs real tracks, realistic sized jumps, realistic speed, real bikes and a better online experience.
get rid of the stupid loading arena. thats gotta create lag and make it harder to get into races. make the lobbies like socom or call of duty.
1/6/2011 11:05am
jeffro503 wrote:
The track editor thing was one of the reasons why I didn't care for the game. In my MCM2 game , I actually have all the...
The track editor thing was one of the reasons why I didn't care for the game. In my MCM2 game , I actually have all the older MX vs ATV track files converted over into the MCM2 game. In fact , I have ( still ) probably a 1000 tracks on CD's and about 250 in the game alone. I haven't been there in a while , but there is a place where all the old MCM2 guys hang out and still to this day design tracks. I think all the newer MX vs ATV have been converted.

The track editor for that game is awesome! Making the tracks in Photoshop , Paint shop , 3D cad type programs.....there was hardly no limitations.

So Reflex had no track editor? Wasn't there a way to DL tracks and import them? Maybe that was an older Gen game I'm thinking of?
yea, easy to do on the PC. but how will you use photoshop and such on the gaming counsel? i dont understand how a good track editor would even be possible on a ps3.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
1/6/2011 11:06am
That loading arena stuff is the freaking worst!

Does anybody know if Alive will be released on PC? They just released Reflex for PC a month or so ago.
jeffro503
1/6/2011 11:06am
Well.........I'll be damned.....they are making all the Reflex tracks for the PC version. So there are going to be a ton of user made tracks for the PC version as well.

Go here and check it out....... http://www.twisteddirt.com

Join up and support the site.....bunch of great guys on there.
dbarrett231
1/6/2011 11:09am
i think they need to make a game where you start off on minis and work your way to the top, and if you get injured your out for a season or something like that not even out for long you just have to restart the race, i think it would be cool if they used real bikes again and made the racing better, add more supercross tracks that are different from eachother use the layouts of real ones. needs way better national tracks.

hopefully this game will be better
jeffro503
1/6/2011 11:11am
jeffro503 wrote:
The track editor thing was one of the reasons why I didn't care for the game. In my MCM2 game , I actually have all the...

yea, easy to do on the PC. but how will you use photoshop and such on the gaming counsel? i dont understand how a good track...
yea, easy to do on the PC. but how will you use photoshop and such on the gaming counsel? i dont understand how a good track editor would even be possible on a ps3.
Stephon.....not console....i was thinking PC only. this is why i stick with the PC for any type of gaming. in almost every game known to man , there are ways to make new tracks , maps , levels or whatever it is that you are playing.

Example.......if you are into any kind of FPS type game.....the gaming community has made games like Crysis , farcry 2 , COD and many others a better game by 1000 times over because of all the mods they can do.

I know some guys are die hard console fans......but with a good gaming PC , you can beat what they are capable of. This is just one example of why ......you can edit and create tracks for the MX vs ATV games.
1/6/2011 11:19am
jeffro503 wrote:
Stephon.....not console....i was thinking PC only. this is why i stick with the PC for any type of gaming. in almost every game known to man...
Stephon.....not console....i was thinking PC only. this is why i stick with the PC for any type of gaming. in almost every game known to man , there are ways to make new tracks , maps , levels or whatever it is that you are playing.

Example.......if you are into any kind of FPS type game.....the gaming community has made games like Crysis , farcry 2 , COD and many others a better game by 1000 times over because of all the mods they can do.

I know some guys are die hard console fans......but with a good gaming PC , you can beat what they are capable of. This is just one example of why ......you can edit and create tracks for the MX vs ATV games.
hmm, id be all for that except i think it would be hard to ride the bike with a keyboard. too bad they cant find a way to use the playstation controller as it does have a usb cord. that would be awesome.
Mstock
1/6/2011 11:22am Edited Date/Time 1/6/2011 11:25am
Many of us mastered the physics and think Reflex is perfect as is. Just keep adding dlc tracks. Hope they don't dummy it down to spode level like untamed.
jeffro503
1/6/2011 11:22am
Well.....you "could" get an Xbox controller only and use it on your PC. The game excepts that and will work. I was just reading about that actually here >>> http://dirttwister.com/smf/index.php?topic=2727.0

There are some other threads as well that I haven't read through , but it seems like a lot of the guys are diggin' it.
peelout
1/6/2011 11:24am
hmm, id be all for that except i think it would be hard to ride the bike with a keyboard. too bad they cant find a...
hmm, id be all for that except i think it would be hard to ride the bike with a keyboard. too bad they cant find a way to use the playstation controller as it does have a usb cord. that would be awesome.
i used a ps2 controller when i played MCM2 and MXvsATV Unleashed for the PC. radio shack has an adaptor for 11 bucks.

I too played MCM2 back in the day and I have tons of tracks still. But once MXvsATV Unleashed came out for the PC and the community started going crazy, i moved over. that game has a lot going for it still.
1/6/2011 11:26am
hmmm interesting. ill wait and see if someone starts making real tracks for the pc reflex. if so, im in.
redrider400
1/6/2011 11:26am
i doubt there will be a track editor. then they wouldnt make money on selling downloadable tracks. needs real tracks, realistic sized jumps, realistic speed, real...
i doubt there will be a track editor. then they wouldnt make money on selling downloadable tracks.
needs real tracks, realistic sized jumps, realistic speed, real bikes and a better online experience.
get rid of the stupid loading arena. thats gotta create lag and make it harder to get into races. make the lobbies like socom or call of duty.
agreed. They need to even make replica tracks. LIke SX circuit did.
jeffro503
1/6/2011 11:33am
hmmm interesting. ill wait and see if someone starts making real tracks for the pc reflex. if so, im in.
They will for sure.

If anyone can figure it out , it's the guys over at Twisted Dirt.

Also....in case you have never seen this site >>> http://www.mcmfactory.com , they have a ton of tracks for the original MX vs ATV for the PC. 1000's of them.

once TD figures it out.....there will be a ton of tracks to DL for the game. It's what revived the old MCM2 and kept it alive.

You know RonRon actually made a lot of really cool tracks for MCM2 , and I think he was the one who designed all the tracks for the first couple MX vs ATV titles as well. He was working for Rainbow studios.
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
1/6/2011 12:10pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2011 12:14pm
Adam43 wrote:
I played Reflex until I won all the moto championships, then never touched it again. I will not bother with another one of their games unless...

jeffro503 wrote:

pc gaming also allows for editing physics...riders can modify their physics so they have more hp, acceleration, better suspension etc. Thats why I'll likely never play games on pc again. After playing REV...the mod for MVA Unleashed to make it a newer game,(with different physics, bikes, gear, graphics, etc.) I learned it is so hard to trust people. If you are competitive like me than you have to wonder whether they were racing you fair. People will always do whatever it takes to have an advantage. At least the pussys will.

BTW...Reflex is out for pc. Go to mxg-hq.com for more info(couldnt get link to work.)
Grieby54
1/6/2011 12:26pm
Why does anybody give a crap about "real bikes?". They look EXACTLY like the real bikes but are called a different name. What the he'll difference will calling it I Honda make? Zero.
Nutty C
1/6/2011 12:38pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2011 12:39pm
Whats next bring in the fat lady to race against the dude with one leg and no running shoe.

Post a reply to: Mx vs. ATV Alive

The Latest