Mx rental in California

ben5020
A few of my buddies and I are trying to forgive the best way to go about racing the world vets at glen Hellen this year, we have a guy who can haul our bikes from Pennsylvania to California but it’s like 8k so we need a ton of people to go to make it affordable so we are thinking about possibly renting, who has experience with this? Anybody want to go and need their bike hauled to ca?
|
Mr. Info
9/2/2019 6:25am
There is Chaparral which rents bikes and several others like MX Heaven and Kurt Nicol has bike rentals and besides here post on a SoCal site called ProRide because there might be riders that can help.
Good luck and if you make it I will see you all there.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
9/2/2019 6:32am
MX Holiday rents bikes also. Most of the will bring them to the track as well.

Or look for someone in your area who will drive them. You all pay him a fee, rental truck, ect. Just need to crunch the numbers to see what’s the most affordable.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/2/2019 6:36am
Dennis Stapleton, long known as MXA’s test rider and someone who has raced in something like 35 countries has a rental fleet of bikes as well. Based in Lake Elsinore, Ca. http://www.stapomx.com/
ben5020
9/2/2019 6:42am
Mr. Info wrote:
There is Chaparral which rents bikes and several others like MX Heaven and Kurt Nicol has bike rentals and besides here post on a SoCal site...
There is Chaparral which rents bikes and several others like MX Heaven and Kurt Nicol has bike rentals and besides here post on a SoCal site called ProRide because there might be riders that can help.
I’ll look into chapparell thank you!

The Shop

ben5020
9/2/2019 6:42am
MX Holiday rents bikes also. Most of the will bring them to the track as well. Or look for someone in your area who will drive...

Or look for someone in your area who will drive them. You all pay him a fee, rental truck, ect. Just need to crunch the numbers to see what’s the most affordable.
Any idea if they would do suspension swap on 350? Assuming they have a 350 I could rent that is.
ben5020
9/2/2019 6:50am
ML512 wrote:
Dennis Stapleton, long known as MXA’s test rider and someone who has raced in something like 35 countries has a rental fleet of bikes as well...
Dennis Stapleton, long known as MXA’s test rider and someone who has raced in something like 35 countries has a rental fleet of bikes as well. Based in Lake Elsinore, Ca. http://www.stapomx.com/
Just emailed him to see what we can workout, thanks for the help.
ben5020
9/2/2019 6:50am
MX Holiday rents bikes also. Most of the will bring them to the track as well. Or look for someone in your area who will drive...

I’ll check them out, thanks for the help!
slipdog
9/2/2019 7:37am
ML512 wrote:
Dennis Stapleton, long known as MXA’s test rider and someone who has raced in something like 35 countries has a rental fleet of bikes as well...
ben5020 wrote:
I just serviced a set of 20+/- hr suspension on a '19 350sx going down to be in Stapo's fleet so he's got freshies for sure.
ben5020
9/2/2019 8:10am
ML512 wrote:
ben5020 wrote:
slipdog wrote:
I just serviced a set of 20+/- hr suspension on a '19 350sx going down to be in Stapo's fleet so he's got freshies for sure.
Wonder if he would entertain the idea of me sending my suspension out to him and install on a 350
BAMX
9/2/2019 8:27am
Mr. Info wrote:
There is Chaparral which rents bikes and several others like MX Heaven and Kurt Nicol has bike rentals and besides here post on a SoCal site...
X2 on Kurt. You can get in touch with him through http://championmx.com/ He has a bunch of new KTM's and is a really good guy who loves riding.
zippytech
9/2/2019 8:41am
8K ? Don't one of you or buddies have a truck and a trailer?
zippytech
9/2/2019 9:19am
zippytech wrote:
I would do it for that.
And you get to go to a race.. hell for that I would just buy a used truck and trailer and head out.
pete24
9/2/2019 9:23am
I can haul 5 bikes there and back for 5500 but you have to let me ride with you while we r there
TeamGreen
9/2/2019 9:32am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2019 12:20pm
Mr. Info wrote:
BAMX wrote:
X2 on Kurt. You can get in touch with him through http://championmx.com/ He has a bunch of new KTM's and is a really good guy who...
X2 on Kurt. You can get in touch with him through http://championmx.com/ He has a bunch of new KTM's and is a really good guy who loves riding.
Yup...
Kurt has damn near every KTM you can think of...
Knowledge on set-up and what a TRULY "fast lap" is at Glen Helen...
And he has connections EVERYWHERE.

On top of all of that?
He's a real fan of "regular folks having a great time at the track".
ben5020
9/2/2019 10:02am Edited Date/Time 9/2/2019 10:05am
zippytech wrote:
ben5020
9/2/2019 10:05am
zippytech wrote:
Lmao I have a Thor outlaw but can’t get off of work that long nor do I have any desire to drive across country if I don’t have to.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
9/2/2019 10:37am
ben5020 wrote:
slipdog wrote:
ben5020 wrote:
Wonder if he would entertain the idea of me sending my suspension out to him and install on a 350
Ship it out and change at the track. Take like 30 minutes to do fork and shock. Easy.
ben5020
9/2/2019 11:53am
slipdog wrote:
ben5020 wrote:
Ship it out and change at the track. Take like 30 minutes to do fork and shock. Easy.
Triples and forks, running kyb forks. Rear shock as well, maybe I could just bring the correct spring rate for the rear
owndjoo852
9/3/2019 9:12am
California Motocross Holidays
Michael is a great guy, even fro a Brit, LOL. I used this service while vacationing there this Spring. He has packages for the supercross stuff and a nice house for everyone to stay in. He's on here as well.

https://californiamotocrossholidays.com/packages/holidays-packages

I just did a one day rental at milestone to ride and compare the new 450s.
9/3/2019 10:39am
Check Uship.com. My dad bought a bike from a dealer near St Louis and got it shipped (assembled) all the way to Cali for $300. It went in an open stall in a horse trailer.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
9/3/2019 10:44am
ben5020 wrote:
ben5020 wrote:
Triples and forks, running kyb forks. Rear shock as well, maybe I could just bring the correct spring rate for the rear
If you change the spring, you might as well change the shock. Either way it’s very easy.

Hope everything works out and you make it. I’m hoping I can race that weekend also!
owndjoo852
9/3/2019 11:23am
Anyone know the cost per day to rent bikes?
I paid like $250 I think in March to ride milestone. Just showed up in my rental car and street clothes. Entry was covered and they had all the gear. Ride as much as you want and got a mechanic there to fuel and adjust stuff between sessions. Great group to ride with.
ben5020
9/3/2019 12:11pm
ben5020 wrote:
If you change the spring, you might as well change the shock. Either way it’s very easy. Hope everything works out and you make it. I’m...
If you change the spring, you might as well change the shock. Either way it’s very easy.

Hope everything works out and you make it. I’m hoping I can race that weekend also!
The 19/20 are less involved then the 17/18 bikes aren’t they? Don’t have to completely remove the exhaust correct?
What class do you race? If you run 30b we might be on the gate together!
sandman768
9/3/2019 1:59pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2019 2:01pm
I just put a deposit down with Kurt Nicoll at Mxchampions, for the Vet National week. looks like a good package, pick up & drop off at airport, hotels included. I might not even need a rental car. Hope there is a bar close to the hotels! Bring your own suspension.? ... would not even bother.....ride the longest start straight and steepest downhills you can find to practice on..
ben5020
9/3/2019 2:11pm
sandman768 wrote:
I just put a deposit down with Kurt Nicoll at Mxchampions, for the Vet National week. looks like a good package, pick up & drop off...
I just put a deposit down with Kurt Nicoll at Mxchampions, for the Vet National week. looks like a good package, pick up & drop off at airport, hotels included. I might not even need a rental car. Hope there is a bar close to the hotels! Bring your own suspension.? ... would not even bother.....ride the longest start straight and steepest downhills you can find to practice on..
How much did that set you back? Do you happen to have a breakdown of your visit you could post for me?
sandman768
9/3/2019 2:44pm
sandman768 wrote:
I just put a deposit down with Kurt Nicoll at Mxchampions, for the Vet National week. looks like a good package, pick up & drop off...
ben5020 wrote:
How much did that set you back? Do you happen to have a breakdown of your visit you could post for me?
Log onto his site and look at the World Vet package, it’s a Monday to Monday, 7 days, 2 will be travel days. I just booked my flights to San Diego. Total 2k for package includes hotel & airport pickup/drop off and Hotel room for the 7 days, bike & race setup.. Round trip flights were just under 500.00 on Southwest. No first class for me! So, 2500.00 .. so far....
TeamGreen
9/3/2019 2:57pm
sandman768 wrote:
ben5020 wrote:
sandman768 wrote:
Log onto his site and look at the World Vet package, it’s a Monday to Monday, 7 days, 2 will be travel days. I just booked...
Log onto his site and look at the World Vet package, it’s a Monday to Monday, 7 days, 2 will be travel days. I just booked my flights to San Diego. Total 2k for package includes hotel & airport pickup/drop off and Hotel room for the 7 days, bike & race setup.. Round trip flights were just under 500.00 on Southwest. No first class for me! So, 2500.00 .. so far....
You're a smart dude!
kawboy627
9/3/2019 5:32pm
zippytech wrote:
No kidding, for 8k I’d even drive up from Texas

Post a reply to: Mx rental in California

The Latest