Mx Des Nations 2020 (what if)?

With the american season coming to an end, in a normal year the focus would now be shifting to prep for Mx Des Nations. We all know it never happened but who would your teams have been & how would they have faired in Ernee?

Team Ireland would have been
Barr
edmonds
MCCormick

Obviously we would Clean Up in the B final like every other year 💪🏻

Team GB? Simpson & Wilson out Injured

Would Cianciarulo have raced for USA if not who would have paired with Osborne for 450s

Who would have made the Aussie team? Must be the deepest field of Aussies ever!!

Lets bench this....
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/14/2020 12:07pm
Canada:

Dylan Wright
Tyler Medaglia
Jess Pettis
davis224
Fantasy
138th
10/14/2020 12:09pm
Cianciarulo, Osborne, and Martin seems like a no brainer. Adam's starts over Eli's pushes him over.
Grovesy98
10/14/2020 12:11pm
I would have liked to have seen the Great Britain team as

Anstie
Nathan Watson
Ben Watson
(Mewse as Reserve)
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
10/14/2020 1:01pm
davis224 wrote:
Cianciarulo, Osborne, and Martin seems like a no brainer. Adam's starts over Eli's pushes him over.
X2

The Shop

10/14/2020 1:08pm
davis224 wrote:
Starts and the fact that Eli wouldn’t race anyway.

I’m guessing I’ll get some thumbs down even if I point out it’s a joke.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
10/14/2020 1:09pm
Fantasy MXoN Team Czech Republic:

Václav Kovář KTM
Petr Polák Yamaha
Martin Krč KTM

We would battle it with Irish bros in B-final as usual and probably got beaten by someone with 1 exceptional rider and very unlucky saturday results like Lithuania, etc.... and also Petr Polák is still battling with post concussion complications as i heard (so maybe Krč riding MX2 bike and Neugebauer on Open bike, would depend on timeframe).
10/14/2020 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 10/14/2020 1:27pm
Team Finland would have to be Kim Savaste and Miro Sihvonen on big bikes, MX2 rider could have a couple of options. Matias Vesterinen and Jere Haavisto have more international experience, but they got a strong challenge in the Finnish championship by Kimi Koskinen (won the champhionship) and Mauno Nieminen (won the last two rounds, took the bronze). Emil Weckman was a tad off of these guys after his injury, but he did ride good at the last Mantova round.

At the end of the day, our federation would probably not send a team for some lousy reason.
TeamGreen
10/14/2020 1:38pm
davis224 wrote:
You are a damn "thought thief"!

Laughing
TeamGreen
10/14/2020 1:40pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Canada:

Dylan Wright
Tyler Medaglia
Jess Pettis
If Jess was "out" and still recovering...do you send Marco?
10/14/2020 1:48pm
Since this is as good as any thread to post in, some one knows why Freddy Norén hasn’t been picked for the Swedish team for years? Yeah Sweden has some MXGP riders that are good like Philip Bengtsson but Norén seems like a no brainer for a Swede that follows AMA motocross/supercross like me.

Sorry if this has been covered or talked about in another thread already, just figured when we’re talking about MXdN I might sneak this question in 😄
Question
10/14/2020 2:50pm

"Some say" the COVID was made by the french federation, otherwise they would have got flamed by selecting:
Paulin
Renaux
Febvre

Then the plan B was to invade "Andorra" to avoid seeing a team that could have looked like this:
Musquin
Vialle
Ferrandis

In all cases, I think any option would have brought legit chances. I am not mad it doesn't happen this year because we have been quite lucky to have a few wins in a row.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/14/2020 3:23pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Canada:

Dylan Wright
Tyler Medaglia
Jess Pettis
TeamGreen wrote:
If Jess was "out" and still recovering...do you send Marco?
Absolutely. He still needs to find more speed, but he's getting there.
66TR66
10/14/2020 5:01pm
Team Australia

Jett
Jed
'The Duffman'
CPR
10/14/2020 6:59pm
With the american season coming to an end, in a normal year the focus would now be shifting to prep for Mx Des Nations. We all...
With the american season coming to an end, in a normal year the focus would now be shifting to prep for Mx Des Nations. We all know it never happened but who would your teams have been & how would they have faired in Ernee?

Barr
edmonds
MCCormick

Would Cianciarulo have raced for USA if not who would have paired with Osborne for 450s

Who would have made the Aussie team? Must be the deepest field of Aussies ever!!

Lets bench this....
Unfortunately for the Australian team that “deepest field...” is now depleted by injury and the team selection would have ended up more a matter of; who left is available?
As has been the usual story of bad luck for the Aussies in recent MXdN history.
10/14/2020 7:12pm
With the american season coming to an end, in a normal year the focus would now be shifting to prep for Mx Des Nations. We all...

Barr
edmonds
MCCormick

Lets bench this....
CPR wrote:
Unfortunately for the Australian team that “deepest field...” is now depleted by injury and the team selection would have ended up more a matter of; who...
Unfortunately for the Australian team that “deepest field...” is now depleted by injury and the team selection would have ended up more a matter of; who left is available?
Yes,
Evans
Beaton
J Lawrence could have been a podium.
JB500
10/14/2020 7:21pm

Barr
edmonds
MCCormick

Lets bench this....
4/454228/s1200_FDB3B58D_26D4_4802_9C0B_1E56AAB64CED.jpg" class="img-fluid" />

Love the Irish MXdN guys.

If we are bench racing this, I’ll say PR as Windham, LaRocco, and Emig. A guy can dream, right?
CPR
10/14/2020 7:51pm

Barr
edmonds
MCCormick

Lets bench this....
CPR wrote:
Unfortunately for the Australian team that “deepest field...” is now depleted by injury and the team selection would have ended up more a matter of; who...
Yes,
Evans
Beaton
J Lawrence could have been a podium.
Definitely, but Evans now has a broken wrist, Beaton injured too I believe, as is H Lawrence.
Who ya reckon they would have gone with?
KurtJ99
Fantasy
682nd
10/14/2020 8:58pm
I gotta go cooper over Martin for starts. At Assen he ripped an monster hole shot in his qualifying race. Too bad the rain and Team Fried collision.
10/14/2020 11:23pm
Question wrote:
"Some say" the COVID was made by the french federation, otherwise they would have got flamed by selecting: Paulin Renaux Febvre Then the plan B was...

"Some say" the COVID was made by the french federation, otherwise they would have got flamed by selecting:
Paulin
Renaux
Febvre

Then the plan B was to invade "Andorra" to avoid seeing a team that could have looked like this:
Musquin
Vialle
Ferrandis

In all cases, I think any option would have brought legit chances. I am not mad it doesn't happen this year because we have been quite lucky to have a few wins in a row.
Vialle,
Musquin
Ferrandis

That would be an awsum team for a home nations & defo the favourites! With Herlings out injured & the Aussie injuries it would probably have come down to USA vrs France for the win.

I would love someone to ask Cianciarulo if chosen would he have went this year. I think he would really love the whole experience
jemcee
10/15/2020 1:22am
CPR wrote:
Definitely, but Evans now has a broken wrist, Beaton injured too I believe, as is H Lawrence.
Who ya reckon they would have gone with?
Nah Beaton isn't injured (Unless you know something I don't haha)

We'd better get a des Nations soon we're currently spoiled for choice for the first time in history haha
OtotheB178
10/15/2020 2:54am
Grovesy98 wrote:

Anstie
Nathan Watson
Ben Watson
(Mewse as Reserve)
i'm sure mewse and Sterry would of factored into that as well. I'm not sure whether the non-moto Watson would of had a look in if i'm honest
10/15/2020 3:39am
Grovesy98 wrote:

Anstie
Nathan Watson
Ben Watson
(Mewse as Reserve)
OtotheB178 wrote:
i'm sure mewse and Sterry would of factored into that as well. I'm not sure whether the non-moto Watson would of had a look in if...
i'm sure mewse and Sterry would of factored into that as well. I'm not sure whether the non-moto Watson would of had a look in if i'm honest
Searle won the defacto British Championship this year so im sure he would have be ahead of Nathan. I hope Nathan gets a chance to ride some mx this year, the kids got talent
JMX82
10/15/2020 4:23am
Team Finland would have to be Kim Savaste and Miro Sihvonen on big bikes, MX2 rider could have a couple of options. Matias Vesterinen and Jere...
Team Finland would have to be Kim Savaste and Miro Sihvonen on big bikes, MX2 rider could have a couple of options. Matias Vesterinen and Jere Haavisto have more international experience, but they got a strong challenge in the Finnish championship by Kimi Koskinen (won the champhionship) and Mauno Nieminen (won the last two rounds, took the bronze). Emil Weckman was a tad off of these guys after his injury, but he did ride good at the last Mantova round.

At the end of the day, our federation would probably not send a team for some lousy reason.
I would have gone with Savaste, Sihvonen on 450's and Vesterinen on a small bike.

But you are probably right about Finnish federation not sending a team. It has become almost a tradition by now...
10/15/2020 5:36am
Vialle, Musquin Ferrandis That would be an awsum team for a home nations & defo the favourites! With Herlings out injured & the Aussie injuries it...
Vialle,
Musquin
Ferrandis

That would be an awsum team for a home nations & defo the favourites! With Herlings out injured & the Aussie injuries it would probably have come down to USA vrs France for the win.

I would love someone to ask Cianciarulo if chosen would he have went this year. I think he would really love the whole experience
Agree but Febvre over Musquin imo
Ray_MXS
10/15/2020 6:54am
Afireball wrote:
Since this is as good as any thread to post in, some one knows why Freddy Norén hasn’t been picked for the Swedish team for years...
Since this is as good as any thread to post in, some one knows why Freddy Norén hasn’t been picked for the Swedish team for years? Yeah Sweden has some MXGP riders that are good like Philip Bengtsson but Norén seems like a no brainer for a Swede that follows AMA motocross/supercross like me.

Sorry if this has been covered or talked about in another thread already, just figured when we’re talking about MXdN I might sneak this question in 😄
Noren has been picked when he has been available. Most of the times he has been injured and at least one of these last few years he was dealing with moving/having kid and just didnt have the time.

Noren will be picked if he is available. I´m pretty sure he´s been asked every time.

Sweden could have been:

Isak Gifting MX2
Fredrik Noren MXGP
Tim Edberg OPEN

Something like that.
Filip Bengtsson would have been that OPEN spot but he both decided to end his career after this year where he won his 6th Swedish championship and he had a big crash and is currently injured. Tim Edberg is unproven on the 450 but I cant see that we can have anything better. He´s also one of the most promising Swedish riders alongside Gifting so it would make sense to have him on there. Ken Bengtsson could have been a good choice as well.

Post a reply to: Mx Des Nations 2020 (what if)?

The Latest