Mx 207

opyguy
Edited Date/Time 9/3/2018 2:34pm
Can any of you guys that were there this weekend share your set up tips (suspension wise)? I have never been there before yesterday, bike was dancing around quite a bit on that back straightaway, (4th gear pinned, couldn’t man up and put it in 5th). Do you guys run things a little stiffer or softer compared to your other settings? Thanks for any feedback , ktm 250.
|
Digger29
9/3/2018 8:26am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2018 3:33pm
opyguy wrote:
Can any of you guys that were there this weekend share your set up tips (suspension wise)? I have never been there before yesterday, bike was...
Can any of you guys that were there this weekend share your set up tips (suspension wise)? I have never been there before yesterday, bike was dancing around quite a bit on that back straightaway, (4th gear pinned, couldn’t man up and put it in 5th). Do you guys run things a little stiffer or softer compared to your other settings? Thanks for any feedback , ktm 250.
I was there yesterday and it was beat up from Sat practice session. I tend to like my stuff a little faster rebound wise on both ends when I race there. It doesn't get super rough big whoops wise but it does get very choppy with lots of square edges holes here and there and my stuff tends and absorb and not kick me when I run it faster at 207. I rode a number of guys bikes yesterday and mine definitely felt more planted and predictable in the rough chop. My theory is that by running it faster that my bike won't ended getting stuck in the wrong part of the stroke when hitting say 8-10 bumps in a row when entering or exiting a turn. It will react to each one and not start hanging down and packing on bump 5 and kicking me. I hope that makes sense.
pete24
9/3/2018 11:43am
i always go out on fork rebound at 207
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
9/3/2018 12:26pm
I’d agree with digger. Really fast that just gets choppy so you don’t want the suspension packed up while hammering the chop.
opyguy
9/3/2018 1:00pm
Thanks for the input guys .
I would say it’s definitely hard packed chop where I have the hardest problem, i’ll keep compression the same and try going out two or 3 on rebound.
I’m surprised you say the track was in rough shape, makes me feel better I thought it was actually pretty decent ( compared to Wareham on a Thursday night or Southwicke in the afternoon )
You guys are much faster than me as well, you both passed me I tried keeping up and couldn’t

The Shop

dedi684
9/3/2018 1:45pm

I rode my totally stock suspension there yesterday. Got a little head shake a few times. Lol
pete24
9/3/2018 2:34pm
dedi, my yzs were always good there , my honda at the end of the fast straight is scary i may race the yz sunday
Digger29
9/3/2018 3:48pm
opyguy wrote:
Thanks for the input guys . I would say it’s definitely hard packed chop where I have the hardest problem, i’ll keep compression the same and...
Thanks for the input guys .
I would say it’s definitely hard packed chop where I have the hardest problem, i’ll keep compression the same and try going out two or 3 on rebound.
I’m surprised you say the track was in rough shape, makes me feel better I thought it was actually pretty decent ( compared to Wareham on a Thursday night or Southwicke in the afternoon )
You guys are much faster than me as well, you both passed me I tried keeping up and couldn’t
I definitely didn't mean rough shape as in shitty conditions because I felt the conditions were very good all day. What I meant was that you could tell it was a quick touch up type of grooming job from Sat to Sun. They stayed on the watering and kept the dust down without making it muddy. Which day were you there? I had a bunch of friends go on Sat but I couldn't because my wife was working and they all said it was great. I was probably the 4th or 5th person on the track on Sun morning at like 10:01 and it was already really choppy which obviously was from Sat but all of the jumps were groomed they and help up until I left at 4pm. I've had scary headshake at the end of I-95 but it was only on my 2 strokes and never on any of my 450's. I thought the track was great all day but it kept you honest and paying attention out there. I'm looking forward to this wks race there and definitely the Racer X Maine event the weekend after next.
opyguy
9/3/2018 6:55pm
I was there yesterday (Sunday ), from 10 til 2.
Great track, like the setup and split classes ( mini, c , a/b), they keep it moving along... the 2 hour drive to get there blows though. I’d like to race there but kids sports keep me busy on most weekends. Actually going to try and skip kids game on Saturday and do Southwick ( if my planets align). Good luck to you guys Sunday, all you’re posts in vital are very informative and help me out a lot (50+ vet, just got back into the game a few years ago).
Digger29
9/4/2018 10:24am
opyguy wrote:
I was there yesterday (Sunday ), from 10 til 2. Great track, like the setup and split classes ( mini, c , a/b), they keep it...
I was there yesterday (Sunday ), from 10 til 2.
Great track, like the setup and split classes ( mini, c , a/b), they keep it moving along... the 2 hour drive to get there blows though. I’d like to race there but kids sports keep me busy on most weekends. Actually going to try and skip kids game on Saturday and do Southwick ( if my planets align). Good luck to you guys Sunday, all you’re posts in vital are very informative and help me out a lot (50+ vet, just got back into the game a few years ago).
Yup it's over 2hrs for me as well which definitely sucks. I had to go over to Kassie and get them the split it up because my first rides were a little hectic with what seemed like everyone on the track at once but after that it was awesome. I'm without the doubt the worst practice rider ever but I was able to get a cpl decent motos in after they split everything up. I love that place and can't wait for the race there this weekend.

Post a reply to: Mx 207

The Latest