Musquin's start?

wreckitrandy
Edited Date/Time 2/4/2019 12:52pm
Did a tearoff spin out from under Musquin's rear tire on the start of his heat race?
|

The Shop

kb228
2/2/2019 8:40pm
I think his roll off roll from dilla last summer is haunting him
Lloydcarter
2/2/2019 8:40pm
Did a tearoff spin out from under Musquin's rear tire on the start of his heat race?
Actually think I saw this too, at least something shiny shot up
Gus
2/2/2019 8:43pm

barnett468
2/2/2019 8:44pm
He just figured that if he went to the right he could knock all the competition over like dominoes...but he missed em.

hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
2/2/2019 8:48pm
Saw that too. Not sure what that was that flew out from underneath his tire.
Schmidthead
2/2/2019 8:53pm
It was the metal starting block that his left foot was on. Rear tire came around so quickly as he left the gate, it flipped the block into the air.
Do_Work
2/2/2019 9:26pm
Unbelievable! Cross-jumpin-Marv has resorted to cross jumping the starting gate!
KDXGarage
2/2/2019 10:47pm
I can't believe they let pros use starting blocks.

I have seen kids use them in motos before mine while I was sitting in staging, but damn. In the pros??
2/3/2019 1:01am
KDXGarage wrote:
I can't believe they let pros use starting blocks. I have seen kids use them in motos before mine while I was sitting in staging, but...

I have seen kids use them in motos before mine while I was sitting in staging, but damn. In the pros??
They seem to have changed the rule since they switched to the metal starting block.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
2/3/2019 1:07am
KDXGarage wrote:
I can't believe they let pros use starting blocks. I have seen kids use them in motos before mine while I was sitting in staging, but...

689 wrote:
They seem to have changed the rule since they switched to the metal starting block.
your always been allowed to use them. Reed, RC4, JS259, have all used them.
I don't see the issue with riders being able to use them? most riders on that gate are surprisingly short too.

why do you see it as riders not being allowed to use them? (out of curiosity)
KDXGarage
2/3/2019 1:58am
KDXGarage wrote:

689 wrote:
your always been allowed to use them. Reed, RC4, JS259, have all used them. I don't see the issue with riders being able to use them...
I don't see the issue with riders being able to use them? most riders on that gate are surprisingly short too.

If anything goes, then all of them would use them. All blocks would be an inch above footpeg high. When the gate drops, just pinch your feet in.

The closer one can get the boot to the peg cuts down on worse center of gravity and the effects on balance, plus quicker to better control and manuever the bike.

With no stands, all riders have their feet the same distance away from the pegs... equality.
2/3/2019 2:15am
689 wrote:
your always been allowed to use them. Reed, RC4, JS259, have all used them. I don't see the issue with riders being able to use them...

KDXGarage wrote:
If anything goes, then all of them would use them. All blocks would be an inch above footpeg high. When the gate drops, just pinch your...
If anything goes, then all of them would use them. All blocks would be an inch above footpeg high. When the gate drops, just pinch your feet in.

The closer one can get the boot to the peg cuts down on worse center of gravity and the effects on balance, plus quicker to better control and manuever the bike.

With no stands, all riders have their feet the same distance away from the pegs... equality.
have you ever done a start in your life? your legs get used for balance and corrections you would be worse off starting high
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
2/3/2019 2:40am

KDXGarage wrote:
If anything goes, then all of them would use them. All blocks would be an inch above footpeg high. When the gate drops, just pinch your...

cablecable wrote:
have you ever done a start in your life? your legs get used for balance and corrections you would be worse off starting high
Ive used blocks all my life due to my height, comfort and suspension set up (sag).

If you honestly believe its an advantage... im sure riders would have gathered by now and the whole gate would be using them. but they don't. because as mentioned above. its not an advantage. its the opposite.

but your theory behind it all is wrong hahaha.

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/3/2019 2:56am
KDXGarage wrote:

Sorry, your KDX is showing.
jemcee
2/3/2019 2:59am

Actually I'm pretty sure before they changed to the metal pad in the States you could only use a 'natural' block as in a rock or clump of dirt found near the start line.. As 689 said they must've changed the rule since the metal pad come in
KDXGarage
2/3/2019 1:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2019 1:04pm
GuyB wrote:
Sorry, your KDX is showing.
Ha ha. Even the boss is getting in on the game. Good one. My turn now. Please try to take this one light heartedly. :-)

Here's a picture of me on a bike at a gate drop. You post one of you on a bike at a gate drop. :-)

KDXGarage
2/3/2019 1:27pm
Fruit Loots, I already know you are a keyboard rider only, so I won't ask you. At least GuyB can raise hell and get a ticket on a bicycle. :-)
2/3/2019 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2019 1:33pm
KDXGarage wrote:
Fruit Loots, I already know you are a keyboard rider only, so I won't ask you. At least GuyB can raise hell and get a ticket...
Fruit Loots, I already know you are a keyboard rider only, so I won't ask you. At least GuyB can raise hell and get a ticket on a bicycle. :-)
dont see your starting blocks on that picture .. thats not you , dont fool us

and you are right , i dont race anymore , but used to .. my job and MX doesnt match
at least im honest about it
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
2/3/2019 1:34pm
KDXGarage wrote:

689 wrote:
Yeah, looks like it changed last year.

From the 2017 SX rulebook:

"Only loose dirt found in the designated starting area may be
used to form an elevated pad under the rider’s feet. The use of
starting blocks, stones or other foreign elevating devices is
prohibited."

2018 SX rulebook:

n.
When using a dirt starting pad area,
only loose dirt found
in the designated starting area may be used to form an
elevated pad under the rider’s feet. The use of starting
blocks, stones or other foreign elevating devices is
prohibited.
o.
When using a starting pad made of steel or other
material
starting blocks may be used. All starting blocks
must be silver or black in color and approved by AMA
Tech.
KDXGarage
2/3/2019 1:36pm
Gate drop pics? I can make plenty of those. Trophy pics? Eh, not so much! :-)

Stay healthy, stay employed! I hear you!

RedRum666
2/4/2019 12:31pm
I think your right, I thought I saw the exact same thing......
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
2/4/2019 12:39pm
KDXGarage wrote:
Gate drop pics? I can make plenty of those. Trophy pics? Eh, not so much! :-)

Stay healthy, stay employed! I hear you!

No pics, but a few videos!
Dimblewambie
2/4/2019 12:52pm
KDX prepping to rip a holie against Jerry Harlings and Anthony Cannoli

Post a reply to: Musquin's start?

The Latest