Musquin's Flip-flop Opinion on Track Conditions

aeffertz
8/28/2017 3:30pm
Anyone else think it was kind of weird at the press conference? Herlings said the track was amazing and had so many lines. Then I think it was Wedge said something about how everyone else always says the tracks are one lined. Then Musquin came in and said he never thought the tracks were one lined through out the year.

Luckily Baggett stuck to his guns and said he still feels some tracks were one lined. Seems like I remember Musquin saying the track was one lined and hard to pass on just last week at Budds.
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/28/2017 3:38pm
No, that was me.
fgb729
8/28/2017 3:50pm
GuyB wrote:
No, that was me.
Great question, I'm glad you stuck that wheel in there haha. I feel like when you're going 2-3 seconds a lap faster than everyone, making lines work is pretty easy, no matter how good the preferred race line is.
aeffertz
8/28/2017 3:52pm
GuyB wrote:
No, that was me.
Right on, sorry about that. I was hoping someone would ask that as I was listening to Herlings raving about the track conditions.
Flip109
8/28/2017 3:56pm
GuyB wrote:
No, that was me.
aeffertz wrote:
Right on, sorry about that. I was hoping someone would ask that as I was listening to Herlings raving about the track conditions.
I think that's why he was going so freaking fast. Not used to that kind of traction or deep ruts to push it. Plus it was prob the least rough track of the year. Freaking highway to him. He was like a kid in candy land on that chocolate cake! Just sending it

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/28/2017 4:18pm
Flip109 wrote:
I think that's why he was going so freaking fast. Not used to that kind of traction or deep ruts to push it. Plus it was...
I think that's why he was going so freaking fast. Not used to that kind of traction or deep ruts to push it. Plus it was prob the least rough track of the year. Freaking highway to him. He was like a kid in candy land on that chocolate cake! Just sending it
It doesn't mean it wasn't without "moments." I saw a couple times where he was out of shape in a big way.

Just from my observation, but...he seemed to ride a lot lower in the powerband. His bike was also equipped with a pipe that lends itself to more low end, and it looked like he was on the gas harder, but without the violent hit.
motomike137
8/28/2017 4:41pm
GuyB wrote:
It doesn't mean it wasn't without "moments." I saw a couple times where he was out of shape in a big way. Just from my observation...
It doesn't mean it wasn't without "moments." I saw a couple times where he was out of shape in a big way.

Just from my observation, but...he seemed to ride a lot lower in the powerband. His bike was also equipped with a pipe that lends itself to more low end, and it looked like he was on the gas harder, but without the violent hit.
Hmmmm where have we seen that before? I vaguely remember another guy from across the pond that rode his bike like that?
jeffro503
8/28/2017 4:51pm
Flip109 wrote:
I think that's why he was going so freaking fast. Not used to that kind of traction or deep ruts to push it. Plus it was...
GuyB wrote:
It doesn't mean it wasn't without "moments." I saw a couple times where he was out of shape in a big way. Just from my observation...

So....exactly the opposite as Barcia? Imagine that.
bvm111
8/28/2017 7:26pm
GuyB wrote:
No, that was me.
aeffertz wrote:
50 Burpies for not recognizing the skippers voice during the press conference question and answers!

aeffertz
8/28/2017 8:14pm
GuyB wrote:
No, that was me.
aeffertz wrote:
bvm111 wrote:
50 Burpies for not recognizing the skippers voice during the press conference question and answers!

I'm sure I knew at the time but I was going off memory a day later. Cut me some slack. 25 burpies.
Rowlands
8/29/2017 7:40am
Hmmmm where have we seen that before? I vaguely remember another guy from across the pond that rode his bike like that?
Febvre
huck
8/29/2017 7:51am
GuyB wrote:

He is probably running the new aqua colored powerband.
dsmith
Fantasy
1294th
8/29/2017 7:54am
first hearlings said "track has a lot of passing"...then he said "i was in the back of the pack and couildn't pass"..did I hear that right?..
RandyS
8/29/2017 7:59am
dsmith wrote:
first hearlings said "track has a lot of passing"...then he said "i was in the back of the pack and couildn't pass"..did I hear that right?..
I didn't notice that he said he couldn't pass, but I may have missed it because I was focused on him trying to pick his nose without anyone noticing.
dsmith
Fantasy
1294th
8/29/2017 8:17am
dsmith wrote:
RandyS wrote:
I didn't notice that he said he couldn't pass, but I may have missed it because I was focused on him trying to pick his nose...
I didn't notice that he said he couldn't pass, but I may have missed it because I was focused on him trying to pick his nose without anyone noticing.
he was pickin his nose the whole time?...no...I did not notice that....
8/29/2017 8:21am
dsmith wrote:
didnt he say he couldnt make the big jumps as most of the "slower" riders didnt jump it he didnt want to jump on any of them ?? at least thats what i remember of it when he talked about being at the back
8/29/2017 12:24pm
I thought he said he couldn't make the larger jumps when coming through the guys at the back, losing a lot of time to the leaders.
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1071st
8/30/2017 1:15am
Flip109 wrote:
GuyB wrote:

Yeah even on 250's he would not rev the bike at all. Never even sounded like a 250f

Post a reply to: Musquin's Flip-flop Opinion on Track Conditions

The Latest