Musquin...shoulda, coulda, woulda

drok577
Fantasy
383rd
2 straight championships the moose was too little too late.
Could say the same for Eli but without those 2 mistakes Marvin could have been an Outdoor and Supercross Champion
|
gnarwhip
5/5/2018 10:48pm
Except for the cowardly t-bone he gave Eli back east, Marvin has never passed Eli straight up. And now he put a big target on his back for Eli for the whole summer. Lol good call Marv. Have a good summer.
5/5/2018 11:03pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Except for the cowardly t-bone he gave Eli back east, Marvin has never passed Eli straight up. And now he put a big target on his...
Except for the cowardly t-bone he gave Eli back east, Marvin has never passed Eli straight up. And now he put a big target on his back for Eli for the whole summer. Lol good call Marv. Have a good summer.
Marv has passed Eli straight up plenty of times, pass on Tomac was nothing out of the ordinary stop benig a beeyatch!
GODZILLA
5/5/2018 11:06pm
One thing's for sure: he went from "Mr Nice guy" to the most booed man in the stadium in one single pass.
Well done!
Joko
Fantasy
233rd
5/5/2018 11:09pm
If Eli made that Foxboro pass on Marvin, he would be cheered instead of booed

The Shop

JM485
5/5/2018 11:10pm
GODZILLA wrote:
One thing's for sure: he went from "Mr Nice guy" to the most booed man in the stadium in one single pass.
Well done!
I’m still trying to figure out why everyone is so butthurt about this pass in perticular. Over the years there’s been SO much worse with WAY less butts hurt, what gives?
5/5/2018 11:22pm
I agree the pass was not that bad and I am a big tomac fan. Pretty sad to see the disrespect toward him from others. He is a great rider, I expect to see him and tomac battle all summer.
mxjon454
5/6/2018 12:55am
gnarwhip wrote:
Except for the cowardly t-bone he gave Eli back east, Marvin has never passed Eli straight up. And now he put a big target on his...
Exactly. I was kind of hoping that Marv would pass Eli tonight, and then right after that Eli take him out to even the score lol
5/6/2018 1:28am
gnarwhip wrote:
I’m sure MM would be happy to have Eli chasing the target on his back all summer.
mx317
5/6/2018 4:25am
gnarwhip wrote:
People get over it already!
cpyz300
5/6/2018 5:54am
GODZILLA wrote:
Well done!
JM485 wrote:
I’m still trying to figure out why everyone is so butthurt about this pass in perticular. Over the years there’s been SO much worse with WAY...
I’m still trying to figure out why everyone is so butthurt about this pass in perticular. Over the years there’s been SO much worse with WAY less butts hurt, what gives?
Because the pass was basically for a race win over a guy who has shown him nothing but respect. It's not like either of them were battling for 2nd or 3rd in standings.

It's just an etiquette thing. An lcq take out for a spot in the main is way more justified.

But as a side note, I don't think musquin meant to completely clean him out like what happened. I just have a problem with him making up stuff to justify the accident like Eli was going inside of ruts while Eli was clearly in the inside most rut or bringing up the Dungey Vegas race.
benstone
5/6/2018 6:00am
I think part of why there is so much bitching about this one pass is that it was so out of character for Marvin. Everyone had him pegged as a style and technique rider who went fast because he understood line choice and flow. He really stepped up his game in SX this year and showed a lot of aggression and attacking of the track. I assume Roger D has helped make that happen and I'm impressed with the change. Any other rider making that pass and Eli fans would still not be happy, but they wouldn't be booing the passer weeks later. Marvin didn't follow the script. I say all that as an Eli fan.

That's one part of my theory. The other part of my theory is probably less welcome on this board. On average, MX/SX fans are more racist than the average person. I've heard more racial epithets and stereotyping in my years around MX/SX than any other sport I've been a part of. I know people will jump on this with a thousands reasons why they think I'm full of shit, but just wander over to the non-moto part of this board for a little bit and you'll see the truth.
Crush
5/6/2018 6:10am
Shoulder contusions bro....
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
5/6/2018 6:12am
The pass didn't bother me one bit, its the way Marvin acted like a bitch and made every excuse about it is why I lost respect for him.

burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
5/6/2018 6:14am
Musquin’ll get there, but Eli was not gonna lose that race, plus Anderson was on fire early in the season.
mx_phreek
Fantasy
230th
5/6/2018 6:19am
I know someone who went to Vegas and he said so many people booed Marvin. He's gone from one of most liked to most disliked rider's with a single move lol.
Sideways
5/6/2018 6:23am
gnarwhip wrote:
Crybaby! Marvin has beaten eli straight up plenty of times both in sx and outdoors. People forget easily
toroP
5/6/2018 6:24am
gnarwhip wrote:
Many people have passed Eli, including Marvin.

When you go slow, you get passed.

Ways to go slow:
Choose bad lines
Ride timidly
Fail to execute rhythm combinations
Loose balance and fall over
Standing around after you’ve fallen
etc.
5/6/2018 7:38am
GODZILLA wrote:
Well done!
JM485 wrote:
I’m still trying to figure out why everyone is so butthurt about this pass in perticular. Over the years there’s been SO much worse with WAY...
American exceptionalism. Townley said he would take out his own mom to win a moto at the des Nations and the last I checked there's no purse or bonuses.
nytsmaC
5/6/2018 8:01am
These guys make more for a single win bonus than most of us make in a year at our jobs. Marvin would have been an idiot to NOT make that pass for the win. Time for everyone to get over it.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
5/6/2018 8:03am
gnarwhip wrote:
Contact in motocross, how dare him! Have you looked into bowling for a safe "no contact" sport?
rmoto003
5/6/2018 8:04am
gnarwhip wrote:
Cowardly? Oh come on

You fukin guys lol
bsharkey
5/6/2018 8:18am
Marvin might finish his excuse novel soon. Pretty much everyone had at least 1 bad race this year.
Phantom 661
5/6/2018 8:19am Edited Date/Time 5/6/2018 8:19am
gnarwhip wrote:
1. That move wasn't cowardly... it took balls!
2. There was no T-bone
3. Marv has passed Eli straight up several times.
You're 0-3 gnarwhip.
bsharkey
5/6/2018 8:20am
mx_phreek wrote:
I know someone who went to Vegas and he said so many people booed Marvin. He's gone from one of most liked to most disliked rider's...
I know someone who went to Vegas and he said so many people booed Marvin. He's gone from one of most liked to most disliked rider's with a single move lol.
Its more than that. Hes always got a excuse when things go wrong. Just own it
loftyair
5/6/2018 8:23am
You leave a door open, someone just might come thru it, maybe get out of the way if you don't protect things.
dirtnapper
5/6/2018 8:40am Edited Date/Time 5/6/2018 8:44am
gnarwhip wrote:
Oh come on! Cowardly?? You are such a precious little princess! Pinch

I guess we are watching two different sports if you've never seen Marv pass Eli straight up.
Excaliburbmx
5/6/2018 8:43am
Lol yes Marvin passes Tomac so much that’s why he has more wins than Tomac. (Sarcasm)
bvm111
5/6/2018 8:54am
gnarwhip wrote:
Cowardly? Really?

That was text book SX right there and there is far worse that happens on a local MX track during open practice! His throttle was broken when Barcia nailed him while he lackadaisically strolled back to his bike giving a thumbs up.
Nesc39
5/6/2018 8:55am
Haha guy up above says a LCQ pass is more justified than a race win???? I can’t handle it. Every feminist in motocross agrees that Marvin was wrong.
Next we have guys saying “watch your back marv” “he’s got a target on him now”....like he’s bin laden. Ohh no, you mean eli is gonna pass him aggressive and make him tip over!!! Holy shit watch out marv! Your in big trouble now. I bet he losing sleep over it.
Eli wants to kill him so bad that he shakes his hand and congratulates him on the podium. That the sign of some ruthless retaliation coming.
Where are all the feminists when peick cleans out Wilson for like 6th place and dislocates his thumb? Peicks in BIG trouble now. Huge target on his back all summer? Please just go back to figure skating and leave the racing to the men
cpyz300
5/6/2018 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2018 2:23pm
Nesc39 wrote:
Haha guy up above says a LCQ pass is more justified than a race win???? I can’t handle it. Every feminist in motocross agrees that Marvin...
Haha guy up above says a LCQ pass is more justified than a race win???? I can’t handle it. Every feminist in motocross agrees that Marvin was wrong.
Next we have guys saying “watch your back marv” “he’s got a target on him now”....like he’s bin laden. Ohh no, you mean eli is gonna pass him aggressive and make him tip over!!! Holy shit watch out marv! Your in big trouble now. I bet he losing sleep over it.
Eli wants to kill him so bad that he shakes his hand and congratulates him on the podium. That the sign of some ruthless retaliation coming.
Where are all the feminists when peick cleans out Wilson for like 6th place and dislocates his thumb? Peicks in BIG trouble now. Huge target on his back all summer? Please just go back to figure skating and leave the racing to the men
What a comment lol. Hit all the cliches.

Post a reply to: Musquin...shoulda, coulda, woulda

The Latest