Musquin off the pace

Spudinki25
Edited Date/Time 6/4/2018 1:17pm
On Saturday he was way off the pace is he just that slow or does he have an injury that he doesn't want us to know
|
Superdave19
6/4/2018 5:57am
I may be a conspiracy theorist, but I find it interesting that all the Baker boys are off pace since Tickle’s bust..
rehan53
6/4/2018 5:59am
Changes at the Baker factory after Tickle. The whole Anderson foot thing is staged. Osborne to drop next. Luminarti.
kb228
6/4/2018 6:02am
Roczen and tomac really ARE on another level. Or the conspiracy is real.

Brad460
Fantasy
780th
6/4/2018 6:06am
I may be a conspiracy theorist, but I find it interesting that all the Baker boys are off pace since Tickle’s bust..
Yeah..they all suddenly stopped taking PEDs and lost 10 seconds a lap..Laughing

The Shop

Motofinne
6/4/2018 6:11am
Yeah Marvin hasn't been anywhere near the level i expected of him. He has been the biggest disappointment this outdoor season in my opinion.
early
Fantasy
2212th
6/4/2018 6:19am
rehan53 wrote:
Changes at the Baker factory after Tickle. The whole Anderson foot thing is staged. Osborne to drop next. Luminarti.

6/4/2018 6:26am
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah Marvin hasn't been anywhere near the level i expected of him. He has been the biggest disappointment this outdoor season in my opinion.
Agreed. I don't think he has a chance against KR or ET when they're on form. Problem is they want him to be a Dungey and he's probably a click off that pace and not as consistent. If ET don't think he will beat him straight up which at the moment isn't a problem, he'll just slam him hard like Marvin did to him in SX.
6/4/2018 7:13am
I think a lot of his current issues are mental. Look at Barcia. The difference in positive attitude and good vibes is evident. Imagine being Marv. In the last few months you went from #1 KTM guy to being boo'd at every round. You can see it in his face that bothers him. Add to that, your training partner got popped and kicked off the team. And he got to watch all Andersons championship run first hand when he was poised to take the torch from Dungy..

Dudes in a funk at the moment. Needs a W to snap him back. Just my .02
Fourth_Floor
6/4/2018 7:17am
Brad460 wrote:
Yeah..they all suddenly stopped taking PEDs and lost 10 seconds a lap..Laughing
We recently seen one of the most dominant riders the sport has ever seen, a guy that beat the world on a 250F get smoked by a no name kid after only a few years of retirement. Something fishy going on at that factory hahaha.

davistld01
6/4/2018 7:25am
Motofinne wrote:
kwackmx133 wrote:
Agreed. I don't think he has a chance against KR or ET when they're on form. Problem is they want him to be a Dungey and...
Agreed. I don't think he has a chance against KR or ET when they're on form. Problem is they want him to be a Dungey and he's probably a click off that pace and not as consistent. If ET don't think he will beat him straight up which at the moment isn't a problem, he'll just slam him hard like Marvin did to him in SX.
The thing that made Dungey a champion was not just his consistency. It was the fact that he could wick it up and ride as fast as anybody on any track...and I think he knew that, but never took a chance he didn't have to take.

I'm a Marvin Musquin fan. And, I don't believe the conspiracy theory with the Aldon bunch.

I believe two things:
(1) Marvin doesn't like being the bad guy. That incident with Tomac cost him more than it won him that day. He's a mental guy, and having people boo him effects him a lot. He is supposed to carry the torch for KTM, and be the next crowd favorite like Dungey was. So far, that ain't happening.

(2) Although Marvin is as fast or faster than anybody else indoors...Tomac & Roczen (shockingly) are just on a different planet outdoors.
kb228
6/4/2018 7:28am
Motofinne wrote:
kwackmx133 wrote:
Agreed. I don't think he has a chance against KR or ET when they're on form. Problem is they want him to be a Dungey and...
davistld01 wrote:
The thing that made Dungey a champion was not just his consistency. It was the fact that he could wick it up and ride as fast...
The thing that made Dungey a champion was not just his consistency. It was the fact that he could wick it up and ride as fast as anybody on any track...and I think he knew that, but never took a chance he didn't have to take.

I'm a Marvin Musquin fan. And, I don't believe the conspiracy theory with the Aldon bunch.

I believe two things:
(1) Marvin doesn't like being the bad guy. That incident with Tomac cost him more than it won him that day. He's a mental guy, and having people boo him effects him a lot. He is supposed to carry the torch for KTM, and be the next crowd favorite like Dungey was. So far, that ain't happening.

(2) Although Marvin is as fast or faster than anybody else indoors...Tomac & Roczen (shockingly) are just on a different planet outdoors.
Id argue dungey nor marvin could match the pace of tomac roczen or rv. Indoors or out.
gt80rider
6/4/2018 7:41am
Isn't Marvin riding through an injury? I thought he was having issues with an old injury? Re-aggravated something?
6/4/2018 7:44am
kwackmx133 wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
The thing that made Dungey a champion was not just his consistency. It was the fact that he could wick it up and ride as fast...

I believe two things:

kb228 wrote:
Id argue dungey nor marvin could match the pace of tomac roczen or rv. Indoors or out.
Yup. Agreeing with that. Click off with pace of Dungey, ET & KR, but also loads off Dungey's consistency.
slipdog
6/4/2018 8:03am
The disrespect for Dungey and his speed, again and again and again, is comical...
davistld01
6/4/2018 8:06am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2018 9:11am
slipdog wrote:
The disrespect for Dungey and his speed, again and again and again, is comical...
*********Edit...I totally misread slipdogs post, and posted about Musquin. Duh! Ok, I'm an idiot.

Carry on...
BobPA
6/4/2018 8:06am
slipdog wrote:
Right?
rosebud441
6/4/2018 8:08am
Probably tired of getting Booo'd... stay back in forth where its safe.
kkawboy14
6/4/2018 8:11am
MM happens to be fast on tracks that Tomac is slow on. Tomac on the other hand has a broader range of fast tracks!

But yeah it’s probably the lack of PEZ
Ericrob7
6/4/2018 8:37am
Spudinki25 wrote:
On Saturday he was way off the pace is he just that slow or does he have an injury that he doesn't want us to know
I believe he’s also tying to get the bike setup for how he likes it, and maybe Baggett is closer to getting it setup than MM. But I also agree with the majority here...something is off. And it could be mental, those boos had an affect on him and he’s still being booed..combine that with Tomac going 6 moto wins and MM has had nothing for him.
Motofinne
6/4/2018 8:43am
People forget that Marvin beat Tomac straight up several times last year. Now he isn't even close to Eli.
Ericrob7
6/4/2018 8:43am
kkawboy14 wrote:
MM happens to be fast on tracks that Tomac is slow on. Tomac on the other hand has a broader range of fast tracks! But yeah...
MM happens to be fast on tracks that Tomac is slow on. Tomac on the other hand has a broader range of fast tracks!

But yeah it’s probably the lack of PEZ
I guess I agree with this statement for last years MM (outdoors) he doesn’t have it yet this season. He looks visibly bummed when interviewed because of how he rode last summer. Still I think 9 more rounds so anything can happen, but if Eli keeps this dominance and figures out his starts...KR is the only one who can beat him.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
6/4/2018 8:52am
Motofinne wrote:
People forget that Marvin beat Tomac straight up several times last year. Now he isn't even close to Eli.
And he should be wiping the floor with Kenny. Which he isn't.
Weird. Maybe he was so concentrated on Supercross and had too less outdoor preparation.

Highpoint should be good for him though. For Kenny as well.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
6/4/2018 8:59am
rosebud441 wrote:
Probably tired of getting Booo'd... stay back in forth where its safe.
Haha, I laughed!
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
6/4/2018 9:01am
slipdog wrote:
It's crazy guy! I wish people would go back and watch actual races, Dungey frickin riiiiipped.
Ericrob7
6/4/2018 9:03am
Motofinne wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
And he should be wiping the floor with Kenny. Which he isn't. Weird. Maybe he was so concentrated on Supercross and had too less outdoor preparation...
And he should be wiping the floor with Kenny. Which he isn't.
Weird. Maybe he was so concentrated on Supercross and had too less outdoor preparation.

Highpoint should be good for him though. For Kenny as well.
Agree! I don’t think he was expecting K-Rex to be up front that fast. It’s mental for sure, because he’s getting whooped.
FRANK121
6/4/2018 9:03am
Mavin's problem is as he stated he is on a new bike ..... ROFLOL
Ericrob7
6/4/2018 9:04am
FRANK121 wrote:
Mavin's problem is as he stated he is on a new bike ..... ROFLOL
?????‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️ He made sure everyone knew that.
KiwiJack
6/4/2018 9:11am
I think a lot of his current issues are mental. Look at Barcia. The difference in positive attitude and good vibes is evident. Imagine being Marv...
I think a lot of his current issues are mental. Look at Barcia. The difference in positive attitude and good vibes is evident. Imagine being Marv. In the last few months you went from #1 KTM guy to being boo'd at every round. You can see it in his face that bothers him. Add to that, your training partner got popped and kicked off the team. And he got to watch all Andersons championship run first hand when he was poised to take the torch from Dungy..

Dudes in a funk at the moment. Needs a W to snap him back. Just my .02
This.

Plus on top of all that, he's had limited outdoor prep and bike testing coming into this season with the new bike. I really hope he can bang out a win or some closer finishes to Eli and get some confidence back.
ATKpilot99
6/4/2018 9:22am
Motofinne wrote:
It's starting to look like Eli started racing more not to lose once he had the points lead last season. Now that he's got the title maybe he's more relaxed ? I don't know but I'm not sure we've even seen all Eli has yet this season.
akillerwombat
6/4/2018 9:30am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
It's starting to look like Eli started racing more not to lose once he had the points lead last season. Now that he's got the title...
It's starting to look like Eli started racing more not to lose once he had the points lead last season. Now that he's got the title maybe he's more relaxed ? I don't know but I'm not sure we've even seen all Eli has yet this season.
I agree, I think we've seen about 80% of what Tomac can give... and the brief moments we've seen him go above 80% he closed an 8 second gap on Anderson in 2 laps.

Post a reply to: Musquin off the pace

The Latest